"how can" | "how could"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► How Can God (2 P)
Pages in category "How Can"
The following 290 pages are in this category, out of 290 total.
- A child is born and the material nature is killing this child every moment. The child has grown, two years old. That means material nature has already killed this child for two years. How you can stop this?
- A king is supposed to be representative of God. So unless he has got godly character, saintly character, great devotee, how he can become the head of a state?
- Actually, we cannot be zero. Because we are eternal, how we can be zero? We have to enter another colorful life. That is spiritual life
- After much consideration, I (the King of the Yavanas) have arrived at a husband for you (Kalakanya). Actually, as far as everyone is concerned, you are inauspicious and mischievous. Since no one likes you, how can anyone accept you as his wife?
- After writing this and thus accepting the real purport of the Gita, how can Dr. Radhakrishnan later state that Lord Krsna's body and soul are different? Such an idea must be a result of his materialistic education
- Alas, Krsna is lying within My heart like Cupid; therefore how can I possibly give up talking of Him? I cannot forget Krsna, whose smile is sweeter than sweetness itself and who gives pleasure to My mind and eyes
- All students should be encouraged to write some article after reading SB, BG, and TLC. They should realize the information, and they must present their assimilation in their own words. Otherwise, how they can become preachers?
- Any honest person is obliged to his friend if some service has been rendered unto Him (Krsna). Since Krsna is the supreme honest personality, how can He forget an obligation to His servitor?
- Any man outside America, he cannot come here by force. He must take the permission of the American government, visa; then he can come. So how you can go to the moon planet without taking the visa? Simply by your bodily strength? That will not be allowed
- Arjuna accepted Krsna as the supermost pure. How you can approach the supermost pure without becoming yourself pure? So this is the steppingstone to become pure, because we are contaminated
- Arjuna said: O killer of enemies, O killer of Madhu, how can I counterattack with arrows in battle men like Bhisma and Drona, who are worthy of my worship?
- Arjuna said: O killer of Madhu (Krsna), how can I counterattack with arrows in battle men like Bhisma and Drona, who are worthy of my worship? BG 2.4 - 1972
- As long as these witches remain within the heart, how can one feel transcendental bliss? As long as these two witches remain in the heart, there is no possibility of enjoying the transcendental bliss of devotional service
- At last he found a fault. "How can a person in the renounced order eat so many sweetmeats?" he said. "If one eats sweets, controlling the senses is very difficult"
- Because God is everywhere. So He's also in statue. God is everywhere. How can you say that He's not in statue? He's also in statue. So it is my devotion, it is my qualification, that I can induce that statue to speak with me
- Bhakti means to act spiritually. How you can act? You have to act with your senses
- Bilvamangala Thakura writes, "How miserable it is, my dear Krsna, O friend of the hopeless! O merciful Lord, how can I pass these thankless days without seeing You"
- Brahma admits that in spite of his perfect knowledge in the Vedas, he was unable to know the glories of the Lord. Since no one can be more than Lord Brahma, how can a so-called Vedantist be perfectly cognizant of the Absolute Truth
- Brahma said, "As far as I am concerned, I admit frankly that for me it is not possible to realize You by my body, mind or speech. What can I say about You, or how can I realize You by my senses?"
- Brahma said, "Krsna, the cosmic manifestation that we are visualizing at present is all within Your body. Yet I am seeing You outside, and You are also seeing me outside. How can such things happen without being influenced by Your inconceivable energy?"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu said that "Before becoming preacher, before endeavoring yourself to do good to others, you just perfect yourself." "Physician, heal thyself." Physician, you are yourself diseased. How you can become a physician?
- Caitanya said, "Love of Godhead, devoid of cheating propensities, is not possible within this material world. If there is such a love, there cannot be separation, for if there is separation, how can one live"
- Demigods situated in the mode of goodness and great saints cleansed of the dirt of material enjoyment hardly ever render pure devotional service at the lotus feet of Mukunda. (Therefore how could Vrtrasura have become such a great devotee?)
- Dhruva said, "So how can the fruitive workers, who at most can aspire to promotion to the higher heavenly planets, understand You, and how can they be described as enjoying a happiness similar to the devotees' happiness"
- Don't become yourself nonsense, and you become a preacher. No. Apani acari prabhu jivera siksaya. Preacher must be in his life perfect. Then he can become a preacher. If I smoke, how can I say that "You do not smoke"?
- Due to the extraordinary features of the child, Vasudeva was struck with wonder. How could a newly born child be so decorated? Vasudeva could therefore understand that Lord Krsna had now appeared, and he became overpowered by the occasion
- Especially in this scientific age, when television, radio messages are broadcast thousands and thousands of miles away, and you can hear, now why can you...? Why Krsna cannot hear your prayer, sincere prayer? How can you say it? Nobody can deny it
- Even an ant it is violent. As soon as it gets opportunity, it will bite you. So this tendency of artificial supremacy means material life. That is material life. So how you can stop it?
- Even if he chants the Lord's name jokingly or by chance, he and anyone who hears him are freed from all sins. Therefore how can anyone seeking disentanglement from the material clutches avoid chanting the name of Lord Sesa?
- Even in the matter of evacuating stool, the refuse is controlled, so how can the living entity claim to be independent?
- Even personalities like Lord Brahma and other demigods cannot understand your position, for you are beyond the moving and nonmoving creation. Since no one can understand you in truth, how can one offer you prayers? It is impossible
- Even taking it that Krsna is after sex, then if sex is bad, then why you are after sex? The whole world is going on after sex. How you can deny it?
- Even the Lord's criminal activities make His devotee the most fortunate person. How can a mundane rascal understand the pastimes of Krsna and judge whether He is moral or immoral?
- Even though the Emperor (Pariksit) was free from all attachment to worldly possessions, how could he give up his mortal body, which was shelter for others?
- Every woman belongs to Krsna. How you can use Krsna's property? That is the disease, that we are trying to enjoy Krsna's property
- Everyone wants to exploit the state resources till he dies. No one retires from political life unless forced to do so. How can such low-grade men do good to the people? The result is corruption, intrigue and hypocrisy
- First of all you have to decide whether sex life is good or bad. First of all you have to understand this. If you think that sex life is very nice, then how can you give it up? It is not possible
- First of all, you have to know who is guru. If you accept one rascal as guru, how you can be helped? First thing is who is guru. That I have already explained. Guru is he who repeats the words of Krsna. He is guru
- From above, the goddess addressed Kamsa: “You rascal, how can you kill me? The child who will kill you is already born before me somewhere within this world. Don’t be so cruel to your poor sister”
- From the Vedic mantras we learn that the Supreme Personality of Godhead has nothing to do: na tasya karyam karanam ca vidyate. But if the Supreme Lord has nothing to do, how can we speak of the activities of the Supreme Lord
- He (Brahma) admits that in spite of his perfect knowledge in the Vedas, he was unable to know the glories of the Lord. Since no one can be more than Lord Brahma, how can a so-called Vedantist be perfectly cognizant of the Absolute Truth?
- He (Lord Krsna) is fully independent. He doesn't require to take knowledge from anyone else. Otherwise how He can be origin?
- He (Sudhama) was thinking, “How can I offer such an insignificant thing to Krsna?” and he simply bowed his head
- Hence even though he is the passive performer of all activities, how can there be freedom for the soul as long as material nature acts on him and binds him?
- His son replied, "The Deity may be a witness, but He is in a distant country. How can He come to bear witness against you? Why are you so anxious over this"
- How a man can be tested that he is a man of religious principles? The test is that whether he has developed love of God. Then he is religious. Just see how nice definition. Is there any nicer definition of religion?
- How can a gross man fully engaged in materialistic activities understand the soul, which is a small particle of spirit one ten-thousandth the size of the tip of a hair?
- How can a highly learned person who has absolutely no affinity for the bodily conception of life be affected by the bodily conception in regard to house, children, wealth and similar other bodily productions?
- How can a person equal to everyone be partial to some and inimical toward others?
- How can a person who is most affectionate to his family, the core of his heart being always filled with their pictures, give up their association? Specifically, a wife is always very kind and sympathetic and always pleases her husband in a solitary place
- How can a religious system that produces envy of one's self and of others be beneficial for oneself and for them? What is auspicious about following such a system? What is actually to be gained?
- How can He become daridra-narayana? Poverty is found within this material world, but in the spiritual world, there is no such thing as poverty. Therefore the idea of daridra-narayana is merely a concoction
- How can I (the Girl) expect to unite with others, who are neither conversant about sex nor capable of knowing how to enjoy life while living or after death? Such foolish persons are like animals because they do not know the process of sense enjoyment
- How can one become formless and at the same time have all intelligence and consciousness, direct and indirect? So there are many things for a pure devotee to learn, and he should learn them perfectly from a bona fide personality like Sukadeva Gosvami
- How can one describe unfathomable subject matters? It is possible only if Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gives him the capability
- How can one live in the forest and not be taken care of by anyone? But the answer, given by a great authority, Narada Muni, is that such persons are well protected by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- How can one say that the four castes do not exist in a particular part of the world? This is absurd. In every country and at all times there have been, there are, and there will be the four social orders, according to the modes of nature
- How can one think of the Lord as being without form? How can one become formless and at the same time have all intelligence and consciousness, direct and indirect? So there are many things for a pure devotee to learn
- How can one understand that he has already transcended the influence of the modes of material nature? The second question asks how he lives and what his activities are. Are they regulated or nonregulated?
- How can persons who are within this clouded portion, called the material world, conceive of the Absolute Truth by the speculative method
- How can there be any doubt about the salvation of the gopis, who were so fond of Krsna?
- How can we tell if one is completely surrendered unto the spiritual nature?
- How can You be purified, therefore, by the dust of the path traversed by the brahmanas, and how can You be glorified or made fortunate by the marks of Srivatsa on Your chest?
- How can you boastly say that "I don't believe in God"? This very power of speaking is the proof that there is the greatest authority who gives you everything
- How can you get knowledge without authoritative studies of books and science and philosophy?
- How can you support that animal killing is not sin?
- How can you understand Bhagavad-gita? It is not a, not an ordinary book of knowledge, that you can purchase from the market, and read it and consult dictionary, and you can understand. No
- How could an intelligent man competent enough to possess such exalted qualities allow his followers to praise him if he did not actually have them?
- How could he show such uncontrollable affection for a deer? This was definitely due to his past karma. The King was so engrossed in petting and maintaining the deer that he fell down from his spiritual activities
- How does this Lord of sacrifice live in the body, and in which part does He live, O Madhusudana? And how can those engaged in devotional service know You at the time of death? BG 8.2 - 1972
- How everyone can be military man? Because they are sending sudras to Vietnam they are unnaturally being killed
- How God can be imperson? If God is the supreme father... If you are a person, then how your father can be imperson? So that is imperfect knowledge. When we speak of God as imperson, that is imperfect knowledge
- How I can believe Krsna? Krsna says ukta, it is already settled up by authorities. Ukta. This is parampara system. Krsna also says ukta. Krsna does not say that "I speak," no. Ukta, there is Vedic evidence. Where it is? In the Upanisads there is
- How Krsna can die? We do not die, His part and parcel. And how He can die?
- How one can, unless one is spiritually advanced, how he can sacrifice his hard-earned money for Krsna? Everyone thinks, "Oh, I have earned this money working so hard. Why shall I spend it for Krsna? Let me keep it"
- How one man can manage the whole world affairs? This is my concern
- How the Krsna consciousness movement can attract the attention of the whole world and how each and every man can feel pleasure in this Krsna consciousness is stated in the Padma Purana
- How they can worship? The worship is done by devotee. Unless you create devotee, where is the question of worshiping? Without devotee it is idol worship. There is no life. And without life, how can you pull on artificially?
- How we can accept a avatara, a saktyavesa avatara, whose names are not mentioned herein?
- How we can guide the people? How we can become teacher? How we can become leader?
- How we can recognize God? Some supernatural power, evidence of authorities, scriptural evidence
- How we can understand Bhagavan's energy, how we can understand His creative energy, and what is the potency of Bhagavan, how He is doing that, everything - that is also a great science. That is called Krsna science
- How you can become representative of Krsna? That is explained by Caitanya Mahaprabhu: yare dekha, tare kaha 'krsna'-upadesa, amara ajnaya guru hana tara' ei desa
- How you can do business? I am doing business because I have got all these things. I went to America - land. Then I worked - labor. Then I earned some capital, and I have got brain how to do it
- How you can get freedom life. This is the movement. This Krsna consciousness movement is for that purpose; otherwise, what is the utility of this movement? It is not an "ism" just to make some temporary appeasement
- How you can say God is dead? God is not dead, but we are dead to appreciate the function of God. We are dead
- How you can say that God is dead? What is your reason? No. God is not dead. God is alive, and you can meet also God because He is a person and you are a person
- How you can say you are not dependent on God? You are dependent. But because you are a rascal fraud, you want to cheat and become a Freud, that's all
- How you can think of Krsna unless you develop love for Krsna?
- Human life is meant for realization of God. That is the only necessity, not to increase a type of civilization how instead of eating simple thing, how you can eat beef. That is not advancement of civilization. That is animalism
- I am a mendicant and have no money. How can I clear My debt for the favor you have shown Me
- I am cutting throat of one poor animal under my protection. If somebody cuts my throat, how much I am unhappy. And I'm doing the same business and I'm human being? How can I call myself a human being? I have no sense even of compassion
- I am encouraging now cow killing or animal killing, and when by nature's law, the turn comes upon me to be killed, if I pray I want to stop it, how it can be stopped?
- I am so much fallen, how I can associate with Krsna? So that is isa-sangat. Isa is absolute. Everything has emanated from Isa, God. So in that way everything is Isa. There is nothing but Isa, but we haven't got the eyes to see
- I am the grandson of Maharaja Prahlada. How can I withdraw my promise because of greed for money when I have already said that I shall give this land? How can I behave like an ordinary cheater, especially toward a brahmana?
- I am traveling all over the world. There is not a single institution which is meant for giving education about the transmigration of the soul, how one can get better life
- I have come to deliver all the fallen souls, but now just the opposite has happened. How can these rogues be delivered? How may they be benefited?
- I have so much faith and love for you. How can you think that I am criticizing you? If you think this, it is like a thunderbolt striking my head. Please, I am requesting you to send a copy of that letter. Otherwise the pain in my mind will not go away
- I recited all the verses like the blowing wind. How could You completely learn by heart even one among those verses?
- I should not be envious and think that for the deer my own welfare will be destroyed. I should certainly raise, protect, gratify and fondle it. When it has taken shelter with me, how can I neglect it?
- I think that Nrsimhadeva could not eat anything today, and therefore He is fasting. If the master fasts, how can the servant live
- I was just writing to our European centers that for so many years they have been there and nothing has been printed in European languages. This is not a very good sign. How can there be preaching without books?
- If a blind man is walking down the wrong path, how can a gentleman allow him to continue on his way to danger? How can he approve this method? No wise or kind man can allow this
- If a leader is actually kindhearted and deserves to be the object of a living entity's faith, how can he punish or kill a foolish person who has fully surrendered in good faith and friendship?
- If a son is raised to become an unqualified demon, how can he deliver his father from hellish life?
- If a soul surrendered to Krsna can get out of the influence of material energy, then how can the Supreme Lord, who conducts the creation, maintenance and annihilation of the whole cosmic nature, have a material body like us?
- If everything is going on nicely, so how you can say that God is dead? Things are going on. Just like the heat and light is there; therefore, even though you are within the room, you can understand the sun is there
- If he's not a lover of God, how he can distribute love of God?
- If I am full of anxiety, how can I make progress in spiritual realization?
- If I want a glass of water. And if you manufacture that "Swamiji will be more pleased if I give him a glass of milk, hot milk," that will not please me. If you want to please me, then you should ask me, "How can I please you?"
- If it were not due to his past fruitive activity, how could he (Bharata) have been attracted to the deer after giving up the association of his own son and family, considering them stumbling blocks on the path of spiritual life?
- If man does not allow the animals peaceful coexistence, how can he expect peaceful existence in human society?
- If one is not born, how he can die? There is no question of death. Death is for a thing which has got a birth. If one has no birth, there is no question of death
- If one's dreams during sleep are merely subject matters witnessed by the Supersoul, how can the living entity, who is different from the Supersoul, remember the activities of dreams? The experiences of one person cannot be understood by another
- If someone gives you one piece of paper, "Yes, it is $10 note," then are you not cheated? You must know what is $10 note. Otherwise you'll be satisfied with a paper, piece of paper. That's all. If you do not know God, then how you can see God?
- If someone is ignorant and addicted to the path of samsara, how can one who is actually learned, merciful and advanced in spiritual knowledge engage him in fruitive activity and thus further entangle him in material existence?
- If the Absolute Truth is beyond measurement, one may ask, how can one realize Him? The answer is given here by the word svayambhuve: one may understand Him or not, but nevertheless He is existing in His own spiritual potency
- If the individual soul were not controlled by the Supersoul, then how could one explain the Vedic version that a living entity transmigrates from one body to another and enjoys or suffers the effects of his past deeds?
- If the leader is a sinful man and doing all impious activities, then how you can expect the citizens to be all good and pious? It is not possible
- If the leaders do not do everything for the satisfaction of the transcendental senses of Godhead, how can they expect to drag themselves or their followers from the mire of sins committed in the course of discharging prescribed duties?
- If the Lord gives enlightenment from within, how can one be in ignorance? Therefore the allegation of the Mayavadis that the devotional path is for the unintelligent or uneducated is untrue
- If the preacher is sinful, how can he deliver other sinful men by his so-called preaching? That is not possible
- If the soul is so active in its abnormal condition, existing under the covering of matter, how can one deny its activity when free?
- If the total populace is untruthful, how can the state be happy? Therefore, without consideration of one's belonging to a sectarian religion, whether Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist or any other sect, everyone should be taught to become truthful
- If they travel at the speed of 18,000 mph, how can they go 95,000,000 miles in four days. It is not possible. In four days they can go only 1,728,000 miles
- If we become sinful every moment, how we can become happy? It is not possible. If you want to become happy, you have to become pious. And the standard of piety is to become Krsna conscious, devotee of Krsna. That is the highest perfection of life
- If we cannot understand the SPG, what is to be said of those who're most insignificant in their bodily constitutions, being situated in the modes of passion & ignorance? How can they understand the Lord? Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto Him
- If we do not follow even the liberal instructions of Lord Caitanya, how can we expect to discharge our regular duties in devotional service? It is not possible in this age to follow Dhruva Maharaja in his austerity, but the principles must be followed
- If we teach our children simply for sense enjoyment, how they can be spiritually advanced? The result will be confusion. Therefore in your country the hippies are there - confusion
- If you all leaders cannot work together, then how can you expect the others to cooperate with you?
- If you are defective, if you have got so many defects in your life, how you can become teacher? You are a cheater
- If you are thinking of universal way, how you can give protection to a human being born in America, and send a cow to the slaughterhouse. What is your reason?
- If you find some Christian person who is intelligent to understand philosophy then you may argue that if God is unlimited, how He can be confined to having only one son?
- If you keep your body impurified, then how you can relish the purified consciousness?
- If you perform the spiritual duties rightly, then you are saved. Otherwise, even acarya gives you instruction, if you don't follow, so how he can save you?
- If you remain always addicted to sinful activities, how you can see God? That is not possible. You have to give up these rascal, sinful activities
- If you simply continue this seva, then Krsna will reveal Himself and gradually He will give you intelligence how you can make advance to go back to home, back to Godhead
- If you very strictly adhere to the principle of Krsna consciousness, then maya will not be able to touch you. That is the only remedy. Otherwise maya is always looking after the opportunity, loophole, how she can capture you again
- If you want to be benefited, then you must take the shelter of mahajana, great personalities. Mahajano yena gatah sa panthah. If you are perplexed that "Who is mahajana? How can I find him?" that is also explained in the sastra
- If you yourselves are suffering from the very ills we are trying to remove, how can the people be influenced favorably? Stop this fighting, tolerate, chant and read our books
- In such a greatly learned person, situated on the elevated platform of transcendence, how can there be any distinction between enemy and friend?
- In the human form of life, one should be awakened to Krsna consciousness, or God consciousness. And if he sleeps, then he loses his business. This is our mission, to awaken him. And when a man sleeps, how he can awaken him? Simply by vibration of sound
- In the material world one has to work for the maintenance of the body and soul, but how can one perform such work in a way that is favorable for the execution of Krsna consciousness
- In these material eyes we cannot see even the spiritual spark within the body. How you can see the Supreme Spirit? It is not possible
- In this connection there is the following statement: "How can a person take pleasure in the enjoyment of sex life in this body, which is a bag of skin and bones, filled with blood, covered by skin and flesh and which produces mucus and evil smells?"
- In USA there is some trouble in recruiting soldiers, because... Why the difficulty is? The difficulty is the training is like sudras. The young men are trained up like sudras, how they can fight? Therefore they are afraid. They try to avoid fighting
- In which birth were these my mother and father? No one is actually my mother and father. How can I accept these two people as my parents?
- It is due to the moonshine that trees and plants grow very luxuriantly. Therefore how can we accept the so-called scientists whose moon expeditions have informed us that there are no trees or vegetation on the moon?
- It is the duty of a chaste wife, devoted to her husband, not to utter her husband's name, but all of you chant the name of Krsna. How can this be called a religious principle
- Kamsa began to think in perplexity, "Shall I go immediately and surrender unto Him? But how can a great warrior do this?" The next moment he thought, "Why should I be afraid of Him? There are still so many wrestlers standing to support me"
- King Nagnajit presented himself before the Lord, "You (Krsna) are self-sufficient and pleased with Your personal opulences, so how can I offer You anything? And how could I please You by such an offering?"
- King Pariksit continued, "How then can Brahman, the Absolute Truth, be described by your words? I do not see how it is possible to understand transcendence from such expressions of material sound"
- King Pariksit continued, "Since the mind is material and the vibration of words is a material sound, how can the Vedic knowledge, expressing by material sound the thoughts of the material mind, approach transcendence"
- Krishna is not an ordinary human being. How can you think that Krishna is contradicting Himself in His own statements? It is your concoction.The jiva is jivatma and Krishna is paramatma. Where is the contradiction?
- Krsna comes down to teach us how we can enjoy with Him on the spiritual platform, in the spiritual world. Not only does He come, but He personally displays His pastimes in Vrndavana and attracts people to spiritual enjoyment
- Krsna means all-attractive. Have you got any idea, all-attractiveness? How one can be all-attractive, have you got any idea?
- Krsna said, "How could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji and taken away My father, arresting him as described by this man? Alas! Destiny is, after all, very powerful”
- Krsna said, "How could Salva possibly enter the city and arrest My father in that way? Whatever Salva may be, his power is limited, so how could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji"
- Krsna went on speaking, "After all, your husbands are householders, and without your help how can they execute their prescribed duties"
- Lamentation, aggrievement and bewilderment are characteristics of conditioned souls, but how can such things affect the person of the Supreme, who is full of knowledge, power and all opulence?
- Logicians say, "Unless one gains understanding through logic and argument, how can one decide upon a worshipable Deity?"
- Lord Caitanya has said that this KC Movement will spread to every nook and corner of the world - so there is no doubt it will happen. He is God, so how can He be wrong? So it will happen
- Lord Krsna said, "If this is so, how can ordinary kings, who falsely think themselves the most powerful beings within the material world, usurp a brahmana's property? I do not think that taking poison is as dangerous as taking a brahmana's property"
- Loud (kirtan), they are very good. How can you stop it? As soon as you chant, somebody... That you cannot check. You may stop mrdanga. That's all
- Modern so-called scientists, who do not fully understand the moon, describe the moon as being full of deserts. Since the moon is the source for our vegetation, how can the moon be a desert?
- Modes of nature are persistent in every corner of the universe, and since brahmanas, ksatriyas, and so forth are simply products of the modes of nature, how can one say that the four castes do not exist in a particular part of the world? This is absurd
- Mother (Paurnamasi), just try to understand My (Radharani's) situation, and don't be unnecessarily angry with Me. Instead, please tell Me how I can save Myself from these terrible attacks of Krsna!
- My dear Lord, any learned person knows that unless he worships You, his entire life is spoiled. Knowing this, how could he give up worshiping Your lotus feet? Even our father and spiritual master, Lord Brahma, unhesitatingly worshiped You
- My dear lord, Sukadeva Gosvami, although Vrtrasura was a sinful demon, he showed the prowess of a most exalted ksatriya and satisfied Lord Indra in battle. How could such a demon be a great devotee of Lord Krsna?
- My dear Lord, You can act as You please. No one can say anything to restrict You. Nevertheless, the entire world is impudent. People can say anything. How can You stop them?
- My point is if your basic principle is wrong, then how you can make a perfect proposal?
- Nanda Maharaja and the other gopas exclaimed: My dear friends, you must know that Anakadundubhi, Vasudeva, has become a great saint or a master of mystic power. Otherwise how could he have foreseen this calamity and predicted it to us?
- No one else knows about this. I want to see Your beautiful attractive face somewhere in a solitary place, but how can this be accomplished
- Now after Urja you will go to Puri for again trying for that place, but now there is competition, so how we can stop it? But if you offer them the right price, and if we try to get it very seriously we shall be able to do it, by Krishna’s grace
- O best of the demigods, how can the body of a daughter remain undisturbed when she hears that some festive event is taking place in her father's house?
- O how wonderful is the influence of inevitable time. It is irreversible - otherwise, how can there be reverses in the presence of King Yudhisthira, the son of the demigod controlling religion and Bhima, the great fighter with a club?
- O how wonderful is the influence of inevitable time. It is irreversible - otherwise, how can there be reverses in the presence of the great bowman Arjuna with his mighty weapon Gandiva; and above all, the Lord, the direct well-wisher of the Pandavas?
- O master (Krsna), if You live abroad all the time, then we cannot look at Your attractive face, whose smiles vanquish all our sufferings. How can we exist without Your presence?
- O Partha, how can a person who knows that the soul is indestructible, eternal, unborn and immutable kill anyone or cause anyone to kill?
- O Partha, how can a person who knows that the soul is indestructible, unborn, eternal and immutable, kill anyone or cause anyone to kill? BG 2.21 - 1972
- O pure-hearted ones, your father, Pracinabarhi, & the Supreme Personality of Godhead have ordered you to generate population. Therefore how can you burn to ashes these trees & herbs, which are needed for the maintenance of your subjects and descendants?
- One devotee said, "My dear Krsna, how can I address You as my son when You are addressed by the great Vedantists as the absolute truth and by the Vaisnavas who follow the principles of Narada-pancaratra as the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- One may then justifiably ask, "How can I serve?" It is not simply a matter of meditation, which is just an activity of the mind, but of performing practical work for Krsna. In such work, we should leave no resource unused
- One might argue that since you (Bali) have already promised, how can you refuse? O best of the demons, just take from me (Sukracarya) the evidence of the Bahvrca-sruti, which says that a promise is truthful preceded by the word om and untruthful if not
- One must be qualified to preach. If he is a cheater, how he can preach?
- One must understand Krsna in tattva (truth). One should use his common sense and consider that if simply by chanting Krsna's holy name one is purified, how then can the person Krsna be immoral
- One who is not in transcendental consciousness can have neither a controlled mind nor steady intelligence, without which there is no possibility of peace. And how can there be any happiness without peace? BG 2.66 - 1972
- One who understands the soul as eternal and indestructible - how can he hurt or kill anyone? It is only the outward body and mind that are destroyed
- Other scriptures do not give information on how one can love God, nor do they actually define or describe what or who the Godhead actually is. Although they officially promote love of Godhead, they have no idea how to execute it
- Our point is that if you are yourself blind, how you can lead other blind men?
- Our preaching is based on krsnas tu bhagavan svayam (SB 1.3.28). They don’t agree. They say we are sectarian. Isn’t it? Their only aim is, how can Krishna be God? We have our God, he is God, he is God, everyone is God. That we won’t agree
- Our senses are imperfect, and with all this paraphernalia, when we want to teach, that is not teaching; that is cheating. Because I am imperfect, how can I be teacher? That is not possible
- Our simple method is to see whether somebody is speaking about Krsna or what Krsna has said. If he does not do so, then immediately accept him asuram bhavam asritah, a raksasa. How you can accept him as guru?
- Pradyumna said, "I must accuse you (son of Daruka) - you are a coward and emasculator! Tell me, how can I go before my uncle Balarama and my father, Krsna, and what shall I say before Them?"
- Prthu Maharaja continued: How can such persons, who have rendered unlimited service by explaining the path of self-realization in relation to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, be repaid except by folded palms containing water for their satisfaction?
- Rukmini continued, "Although You (Krsna) do not possess anything, the great demigods who accept prayers and worship from others come and worship You to solicit Your mercy. How can You be categorized among the poor"
- Rukmini continued, "How can I be a fit match for You? There is no possibility of comparison with You, who are the master of all greatness, the controller of the three qualities and the object of worship for great demigods like Brahma and Lord Siva"
- Rukmini continued, "O unlimited one (Krsna), when the activities and endeavors of Your devotees remain a mystery to the common human beings, how can Your motives and endeavors be understood by them"
- Sai Baba, he also says, "I am Bhagavan." Therefore he's bogus. How you can say yourself that you are Bhagavan, God? What is your power?
- Saibya said, "I am sterile and have no co-wife. How can this girl be my daughter-in-law? Please tell me." Jyamagha replied, "My dear Queen, I shall see that you indeed have a son and that this girl will be your daughter-in-law"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I am a very insignificant living entity. I am low and poorly behaved. How can I understand who is the incarnation for this Age of Kali"
- Separation from Krsna has made these servants very unhappy. Having lost consciousness, how can they answer us
- Simply cultivate Krsna consciousness favorably: "How I can become a lover of Krsna?" That is wanted
- Since neither Lord Siva nor you nor I could ascertain the limits of spiritual happiness, how can other demigods know it
- Since pure devotees give up their homes, wives, children, relatives, riches and even their lives simply to serve Me, without any desire for material improvement in this life or in the next, how can I (Krsna) give up such devotees at any time
- Since the bull and cow are your father and mother, how can you kill and eat them? What kind of religious principle is this? On what strength are you so daring that you commit such sinful activities?
- Sisupala continued, "Under these circumstances, how can He (Krsna) be fit to accept the first worship in the sacrifice?"
- Sisupala said, "I cannot understand how you have selected this cowherd boy, Krsna, and have left aside all these great personalities. I think Krsna to be no better than a crow - how can He be fit to accept the first worship in this great sacrifice?"
- So everything requires qualification. So this Krsna consciousness movement means we are trying to make the people qualified to see Krsna. Without being qualified, how can you see? That requires qualification
- So our process is to come to the standard of Krsna consciousness. There is no denial; the demands of the body are to be supplied because without supply of the demands of the body, how can I live?
- Society creates animals, then how can it expect peace and prosperity? In spite of many big universities and all educational facilities, this society is producing hippies and frustration amongst the youth because we are spirit soul and cannot become happy
- Sometimes when we hear that great sages and devotees go to the forest and engage themselves in devotional service or meditation, we become surprised: how can one live in the forest and not be taken care of by anyone
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "It is not proper for a sannyasi to eat such a variety of foods. If he does, how can he control his senses"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught His principles through four chief followers. Among them, Ramananda Raya is exceptional, for through him the Lord taught how a devotee can completely vanquish the power of Cupid
- Sri Krsna said, "O Brahma, your father is Narayana. I am but a cowherd boy. How can you be My son?"
- Sri Visvarupa said: O demigods, although the acceptance of priesthood is decried as causing the loss of previously acquired brahminical power, how can someone like me refuse to accept your personal request?
- Sudama thought, "How can I appreciate my obligation to Him? When I was tired, Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune, began to fan me, holding the camara whisk in her own hand. She never considered her exalted position as the first queen of Lord Krsna"
- Suppose you are in this Kṛṣṇa conscious society. Now, you cannot expect that all the members of the society will be first-class men. How can we expect? We are collecting members of the society from all classes of men
- The argument may be put forward, How can something the size of a thumb be accommodated within the heart of an ant? The answer is that this thumb measurement of the Supersoul is imagined in proportion to the body of the living entity
- The Bhattacarya inquired, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is in His full-fledged youthful life. How can He keep the principles of sannyasa"
- The body is subjected to birth, death. The body is forgetful. The body is suffering old age. So this is not blissful body. But Krsna's body - just opposite. His body is blissful, full of knowledge, and eternal. So how can you compare with Krsna?
- The brahmana said, "How can anyone save my child, who has already been transferred to another planet? Due to sheer foolishness only, Arjuna thought he could bring back my child from another planet"
- The cow-shaped earth continued: My dear King, I am just like a strong boat, and all the paraphernalia of the world is standing upon me. If you break me to pieces, how can you protect yourself and your subjects from drowning?
- The elderly brahmana said, "How can I undo the promise I made in a holy place while on pilgrimage? Whatever may happen, I must give him my daughter in charity"
- The first requirement in the Bhagavad-gita. "You surrender unto Me." That means: "You trust." I cannot surrender unto you if I do not trust you. That is trust. I don't believe you; how can I trust you?
- The glory and attributes of Advaita Acarya are unlimited. How can the insignificant living entities fathom them?
- The God of the monists, or Mayavadis, cannot eat, see, or hear. Such a concocted, formless God can never bring peace to the world. How can a God who has no sensory organs see the miseries of the people or hear their heartfelt prayers?
- The hearts of those above common behavior are sometimes harder than a thunderbolt and sometimes softer than a flower. How can one accommodate such contradictions in great personalities
- The inhabitants of Kimpurusa-loka said to the Lord: We are insignificant living entities, and You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the supreme controller. Therefore how can we offer suitable prayers unto You?
- The Kuruksetra is still there. Everyone knows. There is a railway station of the name Kuruksetra and there is a place Kuruksetra. Now it is being developed by the government. So how you can explain Kuruksetra otherwise? Kuruksetra is a fact
- The leaders must know first of all how they can do good for their followers, by understanding the real method of karma-yoga, or work with transcendental results. If the physician is himself a diseased fellow, how can he endeavor to heal others?
- The Lord is never affected by any kind of wrath, so how can there be any place for lust, which is less strong than wrath? When lust or desire is not fulfilled, there is the appearance of wrath
- The Lord is unlimited, and therefore His desires are also unlimited. All living entities but the Lord are limited in every respect; how then can the limited satisfy the desires of the unlimited?
- The Lord, Sri Krsna, appeared as a human being, yet He performed many uncommon and wonderful pastimes by His own potency. How can I say more about His activities than what has already been said by great saintly persons?
- The mass media can become such an important instrument in spreading our Krishna Consciousness movement and I am glad to see that you are endeavoring to explore how this can be done
- The origin of everything must be cognizant. He knows everything. Otherwise how He can be origin? It is very logical
- The question may be raised that if the living entity has to act as the superintendent of the activities of the bodily combination, then how can he be indifferent to the activities of the body?
- The real question is, How can we remain unpolluted by material contamination while in the material world? Srila Rupa Gosvami explains that we can remain uncontaminated while in the world if we simply make it our ambition to serve Krsna
- The sex impulse is so strong that even if one is very learned, he becomes agitated in such circumstances. If this is the case, how can a young man in a nice park remain calm and quiet after seeing a beautiful young woman
- The sketch of the land is not containing any dimensions. A more detailed map should be sent to me with the length and breadth measured in yards and clearly indicated on your sketch. How can a plan be drawn up without this information?
- The sun is your witness, the moon is your witness, the day is your witness, the night is your witness, the sky is your witness. So how you can supersede the laws of the Lord?
- The Supreme Lord is situated in everyone's heart so how you can hide yourself from the vigilance of the Supreme Lord? The Supreme Lord is witness
- The ultimate goal of all ambitions is to become a servant of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If an intelligent man serves the most dear Lord, who gives Himself to His devotees, how can he desire material happiness, which is available even in hell?
- The Vaisnava cult conclusion should be taken. Otherwise we cannot preach. Without becoming Vaisnava, one cannot become guru. Without becoming guru, how one can preach? These are the formulas
- The very concept that the three merge into one is another form of knowledge, and since the perceiver of the knowledge still exists, how can one say that the knower, knowledge and knowable have become one?
- The whole cosmic manifestation which is present before you, so nicely going on, don't you think there is a consciousness behind it? How can you deny that there is no consciousness in the matter of sun rising, moon rising, seasonal changes?
- The world is not false. Factually we have to take so many things from the world for our maintenance, so how we can say that the world is false? Similarly, how can one think of the Lord as being without form?
- The worship is done by devotee. Unless you create devotee, where is the question of worshiping? Without devotee it is idol worship. There is no life. And without life, how can you pull on artificially?
- There is ample opportunity for spreading this original Indian cultural movement all over the world, and because you have interest in it, I shall be very glad to hear from you by return of post how you can cooperate in this world wide movement
- Therefore, O Vidura, how can persons completely under the shelter of Lord Krsna in devotional service be put into miseries pertaining to the body, the mind, nature, and other men and living creatures?
- These words are very astonishing but quite befitting the Age of Kali; otherwise how could Balarama speak so vituperatively?
- They assured the crowd that they had seen how it happened with their own eyes, and they strongly asserted the point. Some were listening to the statement of the small children, but others said, "How can you believe the statements of these children?"
- They must have executed pious acts of austerity in the past, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself must have been pleased with them. Otherwise, how could they engage in devotional service in so many ways?
- This Bali Maharaja, without duplicity, has now offered everything in the three worlds. How then can he deserve to suffer from arrest?
- This conditional life is due to his forgetfulness of his relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore, without the Lord's mercy, how can he again engage in the transcendental loving service of the Lord?
- This dog loitering, who can say he was not formerly a Mr. Smuts? Who can say? Maybe he was Smuts; now he is dog. How can you take him? This is nature's process
- This is Vedic civilization. Everything is provided to enlighten the people in general. All the knowledge is there, and the method is there; we simply have to take advantage of it. If we do not, how can we expect a peaceful and happy world?
- Throughout the whole world they're implicated in these four kinds of sinful activities. How you can expect that he's going to have next body very nice?
- Unless he surrenders, how he can say others to surrender? Unless one has fully surrendered, if he says to others, "You surrender," that has no meaning
- Unless one is accustomed to devotional practice, what will he remember at the time of death, when the body is dislocated, and how can he pray to the almighty Lord to remember his sacrifices?
- Unless the chemist or the soap-maker brings them together and mixes, the soap does not come. So how you can say that the chemical combination is the source of life? No, that is not possible. This is right conclusion
- Unless there is rationality, how can an animal maintain its body by working so hard? That the animals are not rational is untrue; their rationality, however, is not very advanced. In any case, we cannot deny them rationality
- Unless you change the society, how you can make social welfare? If you keep them as it is, then where is the question of welfare?
- Upon hearing this, Satyaraja said, "How can I recognize a Vaisnava? Please let me know what a Vaisnava is. What are his common symptoms"
- Vaisnava, he is thinking, "Oh, so many living entities are suffering. How they can be saved?"
- Vallabha Bhatta said, "Where do all these Vaisnavas live, and how can I see them"
- Vallabha Bhattacarya said, "Since these two are constantly chanting the holy name of Krsna, how can they be untouchable? On the contrary, they are most exalted"
- Vrtrasura was situated in the blazing fire of battle and was an infamous, sinful demon, always engaged in giving troubles and anxieties to others. How could such a demon become so greatly Krsna conscious?
- We are unnecessarily, illegally claiming overlordship on Krsna's property. How we can be in peace?
- We want to see God, but we do not acknowledge that we are not qualified. How we can see? If I cannot see even an ordinary president. By my whims I want to see the president or such and such big officer. You cannot see unless you are qualified
- What is the difficulty? You must discuss. Otherwise how it can be resolved?
- What is the use of becoming a renouncer? After all, you have got this body. How can you renounce it? Either you cover it with underwear or either you cover it with costly dress, you have to cover it. So that covering also belongs to Krsna
- What is this nonsense? If He's God, God is good, how can you blame Him? God is good; in all circumstances, He's good. That is the meaning of good. Good does not mean that one time you are good and next time you are bad
- What to speak of others like us, who have been created by Brahma in various forms as demigods, animals, human beings, birds and beasts? We are completely in ignorance. Therefore, how can we know You, who are the Transcendence?
- What, then, is the use of fruitive activities - which are naturally painful from the beginning and transient by nature - if they are not utilized for the devotional service of the Lord? How can they be very attractive
- When you get spiritual body, the quality of the body and the soul is the same. But individuality must continue. How can you stop individuality? But that individuality and this individuality is different. In that individuality there is no disagreement
- Who am I? Why do the threefold miseries always give me trouble? If I do not know this, how can I be benefited
- Who has created this country, this vast land, the sky, the sea, the ocean? I have not created. So how can I claim that this is mine? I have come empty-handed from the womb of my mother, and I shall go empty-handed
- Without being thoughtful, philosopher, how one can understand, what is his position? Thoughtful. And that thoughtfulness comprehends so many things. Tapasa. One has to learn it by tapasya
- Wrath can never enter into the heart of Him (the Lord), who is above all this. So how can lust take shelter in His mind?
- Yoga system is approved, but nobody can follow the rules and regulations strictly, neither there is suitable place for executing it, and everyone is always full of anxiety, so how they can concentrate?
- You also mentioned that how can I give up attraction for woman; when you learn to love Krishna, then you can forget your lusty desires for women
- You ask Krsna, "Sir, my business is hari-tosanam. So how can I satisfy You?"
- You cannot speculate about the absolute knowledge because our senses are imperfect. How we can speculate or come to the right conclusion? That is not possible
- You descend to propagate the transcendental science of devotional service unto the hearts of advanced transcendentalists & mental speculators, who are purified by being able to discriminate between matter & spirit. How can we women know You perfectly?
- You have to adopt this yogic process (transfer that attachment to Krsna), meditation. Unless you have got love for somebody, attachment for somebody, how you can think of him always? That is not possible
- Your servant Narada Muni kindly accepted me as his disciple and instructed me how to achieve this transcendental position. Therefore, my first duty is to serve him. How could I leave his service?