Questions On... Hinduism
Pages in category "Questions On... Hinduism"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- He (one Hindi gentleman) was serious? He was serious about the map (he presented a picture, India's map, and all the whole India is full of avataras: Vivekananda, Ramakrishna, this, that)?
- Hinduism has always renewed or revitalized itself according to the need of the times. In today's context, are any correctives called for, and if so, who will bring them about and how can they be brought about and made acceptable to all the masses?
- Hinduism has been defined as a way of life?
- How can all sections of Hindus be made to take an equal interest and have the same sense of belonging to the Hindu religion?
- How do you relate the International Society for Krishna Consciousness to Hinduism?
- How does Krsna consciousness relate to the Hindu religion? Because that is also based on the Bhagavad-gita
- I understand that this is an extension of Hindu religion. Is that not correct? No, it's not. Does it have any basic tenets of the Hindu religion?
- I'm not very familiar with the Hindu scriptures, but I have read some Upanisads, and there's the idea that somehow atman is Brahman? I don't understand that at all, so perhaps you could say something about that?
- In Hindu philosophy, what is the nature of the atman?
- In the Hindu religion do they have a certain title for the holy man? Do they call the holy man swami?
- Is it necessary and possible to outline certain basic minimum observances for all Hindus?
- Is it not possible for all sections of Hindus, be they Advaitans, Dvaitans, or visistadvaitans, to come together instead of remaining isolated as warring factions?
- Is Krsna consciousness connected with any other religion? Does it derive from Hinduism or Buddhism?
- Is the Krsna consciousness belief or philosophy compatible with the Hindu religion?
- Is this Hindu faith?
- Should non-Hindus who have adopted the Hindu way of life e.g. the followers of the Hare Krishna movement, be allowed to enter Hindu temples?
- Swamiji, are the Hindus essentially vegetarian in the sense of the Seventh Day Adventist...?
- Swamiji, there is a school of thought amongst Hindus that condemns idol worship and the concept of avatara. Would you kindly elaborate on these concepts?
- That (his name was Arendranath(?)Sil) is a Hindu name?
- The Hindu nation has been broken up into so many parts. But he sees the religion basically as a religion of the denial of will. But does the religion have its foundation in the nature of man?
- The Krsna consciousness, its Vedic literature, they have some of the same books or also holy books for what we call Hindu religions, aren't they?
- The spiritual organizations in India, all the spiritual teachings in India, have always put great emphasis on the fact that we are spiritual beings. So what was the necessity of creating another movement to say the same things?
- The traditional charge against Hinduism is that it is fatalistic, that it inhibits progress by making people slaves to the belief in the inevitability of what is to happen. How far is this charge true?
- There are various samskaras prescribed in the life of a Hindu right from his birth to death... Many of these samskaras are not being observed today. Should they be revived?
- What do you believe in reference to Ramakrishna? He was in the Hindu faith
- What is the future of Hinduism?
- Why do you use in the Krsna consciousness the Hindu caste marks?
- Will such a stand be acceptable to all sections of Hindus, and if so, how can the new smrtis come into being and who will give them sanction and sanctity?
- Will the fundamental values of Hinduism be in any way affected by the eradication of castism, towards which a concerted effort is now being made at all levels?