Questions On... Independence, Dependence
Pages in category "Questions On... Independence, Dependence"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- Am I my brother's keeper? Am I, am I responsible for my brother's actions?
- And how does Krsna control a devotee?
- And the purpose of sastra is to direct this minute independence so that it is not misused?
- Are you suggesting then that what is taken to be liberty is actually enslavement? And what is assumed to be the pursuit of happiness is nothing more than a rat race in which you try to make the best of what you can?
- Brain-washed they call it, you know, by getting up and having the two hours or three of chanting in the morning and prayer beads constantly and the group life, that they're sort of controlled, and denied their freedom. What do you say about that?
- But doesn't Krsna know if I will do it (misuse my independence)?
- But if it's (independence) not good for me, if I will misuse it, why would Krsna give it to me anyway?
- But isn't it by force anyway (Krsna does not want to become a lover like that, on the point of revolver, "You love me, otherwise I shall kill you.")? If we don't love Krsna, we suffer
- Do animals also have independence?
- Does a devotee lose some of his individuality in that...?
- Does it mean that the initiative from the human being is completely surrendered to the almighty God? And if you surrender, is there any initiative left for the human being?
- Does someone who has been in prison and then he becomes free, does he appreciate his freedom more than someone who has always been free?
- Does the hydrogen molecule have an independent desire?
- Does there come a time Srila Prabhupada, when one misuses his independence, the independence is taken away?
- How are we to determine how much of our endeavor should be for our own personal progress?
- How can we become intelligent or independent? In a money-orientated world?
- How could one choose when he himself is ignorant?
- How could we make a poor choice if we were part and parcel of Krsna? How could we have chosen the material world?
- How is a human being going to continue in this world if it has to exist, and if the initiative is not left to the human being, as you say that God is there and God has to be accepted?
- How one can supremely control all conditions that would free one from karmic reaction? How could they control the environment?
- I should now request you, Your Divine Grace, if God wills everything?
- If anyone can dress as he likes, then why do you all dress alike?
- If God is so powerful, why does He let me fall. Why doesn't He save me, save me from my own foolishness. Why doesn't He...?
- If He is giving us intelligence, why doesn't He give us enough intelligence so that we could be God conscious?
- If I serve the Lord, do I lose that little bit of freedom?
- If Krsna knows already what you're going to do in the future, then what is the question of your independence?
- If Krsna knows past, present and future, then where is the question of our independence? In other words, He knows already what we're going to desire?
- If Krsna knows that we will suffer here in this material world if we come here, why does He let us go?
- If not even a blade of grass moves unless Krsna sanctions it, then why does someone have the opportunity to perform such ajnata-sukrti, another person not?
- If someone accepts his dependence on God, then what is the second step?
- If there is no God, then it doesn't matter what I do. But there is God, and He knows what I am going to do at every moment, then it doesn't matter what I do either. He knows what I am going to do, so what does it matter? I can do anything
- If they desire to commit sinful activities and before they became monkeys, but then they were doing it then. So whilst they're monkeys their desire must change. Or is it forced, that change forced upon them by the mercy of Krsna?
- If we are always under Krsna's direction, how is it we can use our individuality?
- In any case, everything is controlled by the superior energy?
- In what way is God concerned with the moral or immoral actions of man? Is God indifferent to them, or has He simply set the laws of nature in motion and allowed men to follow their own course and reap the fruit of their own karma?
- Independence (you are perfect because you have got independence)?
- Is it possible for any entity to do something until the Lord hears him?
- Is it possible that every man's life is directed by God, and you're born to do certain things, and you come to be prime minister or something?
- Is it possible to reform a person against their will?
- Is it that the Supersoul controls every movement in this world through the agency of Maya and the inferior energy according to the desires of the dreamer-jiva?
- Is it the living entity's choice, complete choice, to be demonic, against God, or is it a part of Krsna's energy to put demons, or to have created him that way?
- Is there any limit to the number of chances that the disciple has?
- Is there any way I can prepare (suppose if God says that "You become a dog," can you check it?)?
- Is there individual complete choice?
- Is this example proper, that a son is being well taken care of by the father, but sometimes he's thinking, "I can enjoy more some other way" (Krsna says, You give up all these nonsense plans. Come to Me)?
- Is this God's plan or our plan?
- So why does He (Krsna) allow me to have this independence?
- Sometimes Krsna interferes in the free will?
- Srila Prabhupada, you say in your books so many times that somehow or other we have fallen into this material world due to our enviousness or our independence?... I can't seem to get a grasp on this at all?
- That (woman requires protection by the man) goes against the thinking of a lot of people in America now. Do you know that?
- That independence, if he (the living entity) exercises that independence from now on, forever, Krsna knows exactly how that independence is going to be used forever?
- The individual soul has a little independence to choose? So we have no free will?
- The living entity cannot do anything without the sanction of God. So I am desiring certain sinful activities, but why is Krsna sanctioning it?
- The thing is that because Krsna knows the future, past, present, and future, so He knew that we would fall down, so why didn't He help me?
- Then they say, "Why He give us independence, then?"
- There is a very peculiar question that comes sometimes: "If Krsna knows that we were going to fall down, why didn't He save us?"
- They are so dependent that if there is no electricity, where will they get water on the twentieth floor?
- They are thinking, "What if the people want to be Communist? Why should we interfere?"
- They say that we are also under the control of nature?
- This idea of freedom and independence, is it possible for anyone theoretically to surrender to Krsna at any time?
- This sankalpa-vikalpa is there as long as we have our independence, though. Even as devotees, that accepting and rejecting? That is there even in devotees?
- We also say that Krsna is fulfilling the desires of every living entity. So if we want to enjoy independent of Krsna, why doesn't He let us really enjoy independent of Him?
- We cannot create anything?
- What advice do you have to women who do not want to be subordinate to men?
- What prompts the soul to misuse his independence or improperly use...?
- When the souls that were never conditioned at all..., do they also have the independence?
- Where does that will (you are perfect, but willfully you become imperfect) come from?
- Why do some misuse it (independence) and some never misuse it?
- Why has He (Krsna) given us that independence if in that independence we...?
- Why were we created free?
- Yes, there may be God, but what does it matter what I do? He is controlling everything. What do I have to say?
- You can see the Deity as too strong, repressive, taking away your freedom, your own wishes and so you can come to hate the Deity
- You cannot do anything unless the Lord desires it?
- You say that we have a choice, that either we can surrender to Krsna, or we can remain under the control of the external energy. Those in the mode of passion and ignorance, do they have any choice?
- Your question about will and the individual and the difference between them...