Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Nrsimhadeva | Narasimha | Nrsimhadeva's | Narasimhadeva | Nrsimha | Nrsimhadeva's | Nrsimha's
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Nrsimhadeva"
The following 133 pages are in this category, out of 133 total.
- A faithful servant who preaches with great devotion to the Lord must know that Lord Nrsimhadeva is always his protector
- A sinful man who acts against the laws of nature must be punished, but sometimes he is given a chance to play, exactly like Hiranyakasipu when he was released from the hands of Nrsimha-deva
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- Advaita Acarya and others began to chant the holy name of Lord Nrsimha and sprinkle water. The roaring of the chant was so great that it seemed to shake the entire universe
- Advaita Acarya Prabhu became very unhappy. Taking His son on His lap, He began to chant the Nrsimha mantra for his protection
- After saying this, the lion left, but I was very much afraid of Him. Just see the marks of His nails on my heart
- After visiting Kurma-ksetra, the Lord visited the South Indian temple of Jiyada-nrsimha and offered His prayers to Lord Nrsimhadeva. On His way, He introduced the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in every village
- All glories to Nrsimha-deva! All glories to Nrsimha-deva, who is the Lord of Prahlada Maharaja and, like a honeybee, is always engaged in beholding the lotuslike face of the goddess of fortune
- Although Lord Nrsimhadeva appears as death for an atheist like Hiranyakasipu, He is always kind and is the reservoir of all pleasure for the devotees like Prahlada. A pure devotee is not, therefore, afraid of birth, death, old age and disease
- Although very ferocious, the lioness is very kind to her cubs. Similarly, although very ferocious to nondevotees like Hiranyakasipu, Lord Nrsimhadeva is very, very soft and kind to devotees like Prahlada Maharaja
- Any devotee aspiring to be free of material desires should offer his respectful prayers to Nrsimha-deva as Prahlada Maharaja did in this verse
- Anyone who with great attention hears this narration concerning the activities of Prahlada Maharaja, the killing of Hiranyakasipu, and the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Nrsimha-deva, surely reaches the spiritual world
- Appearing as Nrsimhadeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Hari, killed Hiranyakasipu. When the Lord delivered the planet earth, which had fallen in the Garbhodaka Ocean, Hiranyaksa tried to hinder Him, then the Lord, as Varaha, killed Hiranyaksa
- As Prahlada Maharaja was a great devotee and his father (Hiranyakasipu) was a great nondevotee, so much so that his father was killed by Nrsimha-deva
- As soon as the Lord appeared, the influence of Hiranyakasipu's passion and ignorance was vanquished as the Lord's quality of pure goodness, or the Brahman effulgence, became prominent
- As soon as there is some controversy, avoid it. That's all. Tala fruit and crow. You worship Nrsimhadeva. Ito nrsimhah parato, yato yato yami tato nrsimhah. Nrsimhadeva is everywhere
- Because of special favor bestowed upon Prahlada Maharaja, he remained silent and unafraid, even though all the demigods, including even Laksmidevi, were afraid of Lord Nrsimha-deva
- Before Hiranyakasipu was killed by His Lordship Nrsimha-deva, Prahlada Maharaja never addressed his father as "father," pituh. Now, after his death, he is addressing pituh, "my father." Because before his death he was demon
- By His inconceivable internal potency, the Supreme Personality of Godhead expands into various transcendental bodies as Vamanadeva, the incarnation of strength among the demigods; Parasurama, the incarnation among saints; Nrsimhadeva and Varaha
- By His personal expansion, He is manifested in various forms like Lord Rama, Nrsimha-deva, Visnumurti and all the predominating Deities in the Vaikuntha planets. The separated expansions, the living entities, are eternally servitors
- By the grace of Lord Nrsimhadeva my health is improving
- By your prayers and by your chanting Hare Krishna, and by the grace of Lord Nrsimhadeva I am recovered from the serious illness
- Either you take as a philosopher, scientist or rich man, capitalist, as soon as there is death... Just like you see, Hiranyakasipu, he was very powerful, and as soon as Nrsimhadeva appeared, everything finished. Now he is dying
- Even she (Laksmiji) had never seen such a wonderful and extraordinary form of the Lord, and thus she could not approach Him (Nrsimhadeva)
- He alone has eaten the offerings for all three Deities. Because of this, both Jagannatha and Nrsimhadeva remain fasting
- He also separately offered dishes to Nrsimhadeva, his worshipable Deity. Thus he divided all the food into three offerings. Then, outside the temple, he began to meditate upon the Lord
- He killed the king of the demons (Hiranyakasipu), who challenged the Lord with a club in his hand, by placing the demon on His thighs and piercing him with His nails, rolling His eyebrows in anger and showing His fearful teeth and mouth
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) drift from one point to another birth after birth, and I pray to You (Lord Nrisimha) therefore to give me a shelter at Your lotus feet
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world
- I offer my respectful obeisances to Vasudeva, who is all-pervading, to the Lord's fierce form as Lord Nrsimhadeva, to the Lord's form as an animal (Varahadeva), to Dattatreya, who preached impersonalism, to Lord Buddha, & to all the other incarnations
- I think that Nrsimhadeva could not eat anything today, and therefore He is fasting. If the master fasts, how can the servant live
- I wander alone at night killing fish in solitary places, but because I remember the hymn to Lord Nrsimha, ghosts do not touch me
- If you perform such activities again, I shall not be tolerant. At that time I shall kill you, your entire family and all the meat-eaters
- In the Brahma-samhita it is stated that Ganapati worships the lotus feet of Lord Nrsimhadeva, and in that way he has become auspicious for the devotees in clearing out all impediments
- In the fourteenth incarnation, the Lord appeared as Nrsimha and bifurcated the strong body of the atheist Hiranyakasipu with His nails, just as a carpenter pierces cane
- In the Hari-bhakti-sudhodaya it is stated that Prahlada Maharaj, a great devotee of the Lord, prayed to Nrsimhadeva (the half-lion half-man incarnation)
- In the Nrsimha Purana, Lord Nrsimhadeva says, "Anyone who prays unto Me and takes shelter from Me becomes My ward, and I protect him always from all sorts of calamities"
- In this way Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recited different verses from the sastra. The priest of Lord Nrsimhadeva then brought garlands and the remnants of the Lord's food and offered them to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Indeed, You diminished this burden formerly by incarnating in the form of a fish, a horse (Hayagriva), a tortoise, a lion (Lord Nrsimha), a boar (Lord Varaha) and a swan
- Indra said, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are the supersoul of every living entity, and therefore You are the actual owner of everything. Long were our hearts always filled with fear of this demon, Hiranyakasipu"
- Indra says, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are so kind towards us that, by killing him, You have removed that fear from within our hearts and have given us the chance to place Your Lordship within our hearts again"
- Indra, the King of heaven, says, "O Supreme One, these demons talk of our share of participation in the performances of ritualistic sacrifices, but simply by Your appearance as Lord Nrsimhadeva You have saved us from terrible fears"
- Laksmidevi, the goddess of fortune, being inspired by lila-sakti, could not appreciate this unprecedented form (Nrsimhadeva) of the Lord
- Let Lord Nrsimha-deva sit in the core of my heart, killing all my bad propensities. Let my mind become clean so that I may peacefully worship the Lord and bring peace to the entire world
- Licking the edge of His mouth with His tongue, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Nrsimha-deva, decorated with a garland of intestines taken from Hiranyakasipu's abdomen, resembled a lion that has just killed an elephant
- Lord Brahma asked Prahlada Maharaja to go forward and pacify the Lord's anger. Prahlada Maharaja, being confident of the affection of his master, Lord Nrsimha-deva, was not afraid at all
- Lord Nrsimha appeared from the pillar of Hiranyakasipu's palace
- Lord Nrsimha holds the disc, lotus, club and conch. Lord Janardana holds the lotus, disc, conch and club
- Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared for the benefit of all human society, not only for Prahlada's personal benefit
- Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared out of compassion for Prahlada Maharaja
- Lord Nrsimha-deva killed Hiranyakasipu and took away all his power, influence and pride. Atheistic men, however, never understand how everything they create is annihilated
- Lord Nrsimha-deva placed the demon (Hiranyakasipu) on His lap, supporting him with His thighs, and in the doorway of the assembly hall the Lord very easily tore the demon to pieces with the nails of His hand
- Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared not in order to kill Hiranyakasipu but to save Prahlada and to give him blessings
- Lord Nrsimhadeva is very dear to this exalted personality. Thus Prahlada Maharaja, along with his servants and all the denizens of Hari-varsa, worships Lord Nrsimhadeva by chanting the following mantra
- Lord Parasurama and Lord Nrsimha displayed unusual opulence by killing the disobedient ksatriyas twenty-one times and killing the greatly powerful atheist Hiranyakasipu
- Maharaj Prahlada offers the following prayers to the Lord, "My dear Lord Nrsimha, if I can be elevated to the position of Your servant, then it will be possible for me to hear about Your activities"
- May Lord Nrsimhadeva, who appeared as the enemy of Hiranyakasipu, protect me in all directions. His loud laughing vibrated in all directions and caused the pregnant wives of the asuras to have miscarriages
- May the Lord cover their influence by His own transcendental influence. May Nrsimhadeva protect us in all directions and in all corners, above, below, within and without
- Mood of Lord Nrsimhadeva
- My dear Lord, You are one with Jagannatha; therefore I have no objection to Your eating His offering. But why are You touching the offering for Lord Nrsimhadeva
- Not at all afraid of the fierceful feature of the Lord
- Nrsimha Prayers, 1970 - Nrsimhadeva will give you protection in my absence. I am now going to Japan to get some books printed personally and after that my program is to go to India
- Nrsimha-deva said, "Your (Prahlada's) father is already liberated because you are his son. In spite of all his offenses, he is liberated. Not only your father, but your father's father, his father up to seven generations, they are all liberated"
- Nrsimha-deva wanted to give him benediction, blessings, "Whatever you like." He refused, he said "I'm not a mercantile devotee that I'll get some benefit from You, but first benediction I want that let me engage in service of Your servant, Narada Muni"
- O demons, give up the so-called happiness of family life and simply take shelter of the lotus feet of Lord Nrsimhadeva, which are the actual shelter of fearlessness
- O Lord, O personified three worlds, father of the three worlds! O strength of the three worlds, in the form of the Vamana incarnation! O three-eyed form of Nrsimhadeva! O most beautiful person within the three worlds
- Of these forms, some are considered incarnations. Examples are Lord Visnu, Lord Trivikrama, Lord Nrsimha and Lord Vamana
- On that day you did not create a very great disturbance. Therefore I have excused you and not taken your life
- One who always remembers your (Prahlada) activities and My (Nrsimhadeva) activities also, and who chants the prayers you have offered, becomes free, in due course of time, from the reactions of material activities
- Placing its nails on my chest, the lion said in a grave voice, 'I shall immediately bifurcate your chest as you broke the mrdanga drum
- Please (Lord Nrsimhadeva) in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that by Your mercy we may become fearless in the struggle for existence in this material world
- Prahlada loudly chanted the holy name of Lord Nrsimhadeva. May Nrsimhadeva, roaring for His devotee Prahlada Maharaja, protect us from all fear of dangers created by stalwart leaders in all directions through poison, weapons, water, fire, air and so on
- Prahlada Maharaja fixed his mind and sight upon Lord Nrsimha-deva with full attention in complete trance. With a fixed mind, he began to offer prayers in love with a faltering voice
- Prahlada Maharaja had his father killed by Lord Nrsimha-deva, setting the example that even a father should be removed from the path of devotional service if such a father happens to be an obstacle
- Prahlada Maharaja prayed: My Lord Nrsimha-deva, O Supreme, because of a bodily conception of life, embodied souls neglected and not cared for by You cannot do anything for their betterment
- Prahlada Maharaja prays that Lord Nrsimhadeva place him in touch with a pure devotee and servant instead of awarding him material opulence. Every intelligent man within this material world must follow Prahlada Maharaja
- Prahlada Maharaja requested Lord Nrsimhadeva to deliver his sinful father, who had so many times offended the lotus feet of the Lord
- Prahlada Maharaja, the topmost devotee of the Lord, is a reservoir of all the good qualities of great personalities. His character and activities have delivered all the fallen members of his demoniac family
- Prahlada Maharaja, when he was ordered by the Lord to take some benediction, he said that "I am not a merchant, Sir, that by giving You some service I'll take some return. Please excuse me." Nrsimha-deva was very much satisfied: "Here is a pure devotee
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I now consider the happiness of brahmananda to be no more than the water in the impression left by a cow's hoof in the earth, compared to this ocean of bliss"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I shall not care for all those sinful activities because simply by hearing about Your pastimes I shall get out of all the contamination of material attachment"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I simply pray that my Krsna consciousness may be more strong and steady, because happiness derived out of Krsna consciousness and devotional service is so powerful"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "My dear Lord of the universe, I am feeling transcendental pleasure in Your presence and have become merged in the ocean of happiness"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "My dear Lord, I repeatedly pray unto Your lotus feet that I may simply be stronger in devotional service"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "with it (happiness from devotional service) one can have all the other perfections of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification and even the attainment of liberation from material existence"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "You are the supreme friend, the supreme worshipable Deity. Your pastimes are transcendental, and simply by hearing of them one can counteract all his sinful activities"
- Seeing me so afraid, the lion said, 'I have defeated you just to teach you a lesson, but I must be merciful to you
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also (after cleaning the Gundica temple) cleansed the Nrsimha temple inside and outside. Finally, He rested a few minutes and then began dancing
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also cleansed the Nrsimha temple inside and outside. Finally, He rested a few minutes and then began dancing
- Such pastimes as those of Nrsimhadeva are certainly not meant to create a fearful situation for the devotees, but nonetheless the devotees, being very simple and faithful, were afraid of the fierce incarnation of the Lord
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: My dear King, Lord Nrsimhadeva resides in the tract of land known as Hari-varsa. In the Seventh Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, I shall describe to you how Prahlada Maharaja caused the Lord to assume the form of Nrsimhadeva
- Thank you very much for taking so much care of my health for praying to Nrsimhadeva. He is very kind. By all your prayers He will surely take care of me
- The description of your dream is very fascinating. It appears that you are constantly thinking of me and Lord Nrsimha has given you the chance to see Him because of your constant devotion. It is very encouraging
- The goddess of fortune, Laksmiji, was requested to go before the Lord (Nrshimhadeva) by all the demigods present, who because of fear could not do so
- The hair on Lord Nrsimhadeva's face, being sprinkled with drops of blood, was reddish and looked very beautiful
- The Kazi said, "When I went to the Hindu's house, broke the drum & forbade the performance of congregational chanting, in my dreams that very night I saw a greatly fearful lion, roaring very loudly, His body like a human being's & His face like a lion's
- The Lord appeared because of the bhakti-yoga exhibited by Prahlada Maharaja
- The Lord, assumed the incarnation of half-man and half-lion (Lord Nrsimhadeva), which was beyond the imagination of a materialistic demon like Hiranyakasipu, and thus, keeping pace with the benediction of Brahmaji, the Lord killed him
- The Nrsimha Deity should be installed only in a separate temple building. The Deity must have its own temple
- The Nrsimha temple (in Puri) is a nice temple just outside the Gundica temple. In this temple there is a great festival on the day of Nrsimha-caturdasi. There is also a Nrsimha temple at Navadvipa where the same festival is observed
- The Personality of Godhead assumed the incarnation of Nrsimhadeva in order to vanquish the great fears of the demigods
- The pressure Maya is elephant-like, big, but the roaring of Nrsimhadeva can drive away many elephants
- The same pure devotee (Prahlada Maharaja) requested the Lord (Nrsimhadeva), "My Lord, my father (Hiranyakasipu) was atheist, and he has committed so many offenses, so I beg that my father may be liberated"
- The tortoise incarnation, Lord Kurma, became a pivot for the emulsification of the whole sea, and Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared as half-man, half-lion. These are some of the wonderful and uncommon features of lila-avataras
- The twelve different kinds of transcendental humors are controlled by different incarnations of God, such as Kapila, Madhava, Upendra, Nrsimha, Nanda-nandana, Balarama, Kurma, Kalki, Raghava, Bhargava, Varaha and Matsya
- The vivid example of this presence of God both before the theist and atheist simultaneously is Lord Nrsimhadeva
- Then Sivananda Sena again brought the ingredients with which to cook, and Pradyumna Brahmacari again cooked and offered the food to Nrsimhadeva
- This ghost, however, overcomes me with redoubled strength when I chant the Nrsimha mantra. When I even see the form of this ghost, great fear arises in my mind
- Those who follow your example will naturally become My pure devotees. You are the best example of My devotee, and others should follow in your footsteps
- To spread the Krsna consciousness movement, devotees have to face many dangers and impediments all over the world, but a faithful servant who preaches with great devotion to the Lord must know that Lord Nrsimhadeva is always his protector
- To worship Nrsimhadeva requires a separate temple structure, not that Lord Nrsimhadeva can be worshiped in the same temple as Radha-Krsna
- We can simply imagine how powerful Hiranyakasipu was in this material world. But even Hiranyakasipu was cut into small pieces by the nails of Lord Nrsimha. This means that anyone materially powerful cannot stand the strength of the Lord's nails
- We should always consider that this material world is a dangerous place and therefore we shall chant Lord Nrsimha's Holy Name in order to be protected by Him in all dangers
- Whatever remedies they (embodies souls neglected and not cared for by Lord Nrsimhadeva) accept, although perhaps temporarily beneficial, are certainly impermanent
- When Hiranyakasipu was freed from the hands of Nrsimha-deva, he falsely thought that the Lord was afraid of his prowess. Therefore, after taking a little rest from the fight, he took up his sword and shield and again attacked the Lord with great force
- When Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared, Prahlada Maharaja was never afraid of Him, whereas his atheist father was immediately faced with death personified and was killed
- When Sivananda Sena was thus perplexed, Nrsimhananda Brahmacari said to him, "Bring more food. Let me cook again for Lord Nrsimhadeva"
- When the demons are killed by the presence of Nrsimha-deva, everyone feels comfortable, irrespective of the planet upon which he lives
- When the fierce form of Nrsimha-deva appeared in order to kill Hiranyakasipu, Prahlada was unagitated. He remained calm and quiet, whereas others, including even Lord Brahma, were frightened by the features of the Lord
- While I was asleep, the lion jumped on my chest, laughing fiercely and gnashing His teeth
- You (Nrsimha-deva) offer Your benedictions according to the level of one's service, exactly as a desire tree delivers fruits according to one's desires and makes no distinction between the lower and the higher
- You appear sometimes as an animal like Lord Boar, sometimes a mixed incarnation like Lord Nrsimhadeva and Lord Hayagriva, and sometimes an aquatic like Lord Fish and Lord Tortoise