Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Nrsimhadeva | Narasimha | Nrsimhadeva's | Narasimhadeva | Nrsimha | Nrsimhadeva's | Nrsimha's
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Nrsimhadeva"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A faithful servant who preaches with great devotion to the Lord must know that Lord Nrsimhadeva is always his protector
- A sinful man who acts against the laws of nature must be punished, but sometimes he is given a chance to play, exactly like Hiranyakasipu when he was released from the hands of Nrsimha-deva
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- Adhoksaja and Purusottama are the vilasa forms of Vasudeva. Similarly, Upendra and Acyuta are the vilasa forms of Sankarsana; Nrsimha and Janardana the vilasa forms of Pradyumna; and Hari and Krsna the vilasa forms of Aniruddha
- Advaita Acarya and others began to chant the holy name of Lord Nrsimha and sprinkle water. The roaring of the chant was so great that it seemed to shake the entire universe
- After visiting Kurma-ksetra, the Lord visited the South Indian temple of Jiyada-nrsimha and offered His prayers to Lord Nrsimhadeva. On His way, He introduced the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in every village
- Akrura continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Your (Krsna's) Lordship, who appeared as Nrsimhadeva to deliver all kinds of devotees from the fearful condition of atheistic atrocities"
- All glories to Nrsimha-deva! All glories to Nrsimha-deva, who is the Lord of Prahlada Maharaja and, like a honeybee, is always engaged in beholding the lotuslike face of the goddess of fortune
- Although all the visnu-tattvas, from Krsna and Lord Caitanya to Rama, Nrsimha, Varaha and so on, appear with different features in different ages, all are equally invested with supreme potency
- Although Lord Nrsimhadeva appears as death for an atheist like Hiranyakasipu, He is always kind and is the reservoir of all pleasure for the devotees like Prahlada. A pure devotee is not, therefore, afraid of birth, death, old age and disease
- Although Nrsimha Brahmacari felt jubilation within his heart to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu eating everything, for the sake of Lord Nrsimhadeva he externally expressed disappointment
- Although very ferocious, the lioness is very kind to her cubs. Similarly, although very ferocious to nondevotees like Hiranyakasipu, Lord Nrsimhadeva is very, very soft and kind to devotees like Prahlada Maharaja
- Any devotee aspiring to be free of material desires should offer his respectful prayers to Nrsimha-deva as Prahlada Maharaja did in this verse
- Anyone who with great attention hears this narration concerning the activities of Prahlada Maharaja, the killing of Hiranyakasipu, and the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Nrsimha-deva, surely reaches the spiritual world
- As far as possible, every householder, by the direction of the spiritual master, must install the Deity of Visnu, forms like Radha-Krsna, Laksmi-Narayana, Sita-Rama, Nrsimha, Varaha, Gaura-Nitai, Matsya, Kurma and salagrama-sila
- As Prahlada Maharaja was a great devotee and his father (Hiranyakasipu) was a great nondevotee, so much so that his father was killed by Nrsimha-deva
- As soon as the Lord appeared, the influence of Hiranyakasipu's passion and ignorance was vanquished as the Lord's quality of pure goodness, or the Brahman effulgence, became prominent
- As soon as there is some controversy, avoid it. That's all. Tala fruit and crow. You worship Nrsimhadeva. Ito nrsimhah parato, yato yato yami tato nrsimhah. Nrsimhadeva is everywhere
- Because of special favor bestowed upon Prahlada Maharaja, he remained silent and unafraid, even though all the demigods, including even Laksmidevi, were afraid of Lord Nrsimha-deva
- Before Hiranyakasipu was killed by His Lordship Nrsimha-deva, Prahlada Maharaja never addressed his father as "father," pituh. Now, after his death, he is addressing pituh, "my father." Because before his death he was demon
- By His (Lord Krsna's) grace they could not even touch a hair on my (Arjuna's) head. Similarly, Prahlada Maharaja, the supreme devotee of Lord Nrsimha-deva, was unaffected by the weapons the demons used against him
- By His personal expansion, He is manifested in various forms like Lord Rama, Nrsimha-deva, Visnumurti and all the predominating Deities in the Vaikuntha planets. The separated expansions, the living entities, are eternally servitors
- By the grace of Lord Nrsimhadeva my health is improving
- By your prayers and by your chanting Hare Krishna, and by the grace of Lord Nrsimhadeva I am recovered from the serious illness
- Devaki said, “My dear Lord, Your eternal forms, like Narayana, Lord Rama, Hayasirsa, Varaha, Nrsimha, Vamana, Baladeva and millions of similar incarnations emanating from Visnu, are described in the Vedic literature as original"
- Don't be afraid if somebody tortures us, somebody teases us. We must go on with Krsna consciousness without any hesitation, and Krsna will give us protect. If you are more tortured, then Krsna will appear as Nrsimhadeva and give you all protection
- Dressing themselves as the wives of brahmanas, all the celestial ladies, including the wives of Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Nrsimha-deva, King Indra and Vasistha Rsi, along with Rambha, a dancing girl of heaven, came there with varieties of gifts
- Either you take as a philosopher, scientist or rich man, capitalist, as soon as there is death... Just like you see, Hiranyakasipu, he was very powerful, and as soon as Nrsimhadeva appeared, everything finished. Now he is dying
- Even she (Laksmiji) had never seen such a wonderful and extraordinary form of the Lord, and thus she could not approach Him (Nrsimhadeva)
- He alone has eaten the offerings for all three Deities. Because of this, both Jagannatha and Nrsimhadeva remain fasting
- He also separately offered dishes to Nrsimhadeva, his worshipable Deity. Thus he divided all the food into three offerings. Then, outside the temple, he began to meditate upon the Lord
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) drift from one point to another birth after birth, and I pray to You (Lord Nrisimha) therefore to give me a shelter at Your lotus feet
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world
- I think that Nrsimhadeva could not eat anything today, and therefore He is fasting. If the master fasts, how can the servant live
- In great ecstatic love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered obeisances and prayers unto Lord Nrsimha. The people were astonished to see Lord Caitanya's influence
- In some of the satvata-tantras, there is a description of the nine varsas and the predominating Deity worshiped in each: (1) Vasudeva, (2) Sankarsana, (3) Pradyumna, (4) Aniruddha, (5) Narayana, (6) Nrsimha, (7) Hayagriva, (8) Mahavaraha, and (9) Brahma
- In the Brahma-samhita it is stated that Ganapati worships the lotus feet of Lord Nrsimhadeva, and in that way he has become auspicious for the devotees in clearing out all impediments
- In the fourteenth incarnation, the Lord appeared as Nrsimha and bifurcated the strong body of the atheist Hiranyakasipu with His nails, just as a carpenter pierces cane
- In the Hari-bhakti-sudhodaya it is stated that Prahlada Maharaj, a great devotee of the Lord, prayed to Nrsimhadeva (the half-lion half-man incarnation)
- In the Nrsimha Purana, Lord Nrsimhadeva says, "Anyone who prays unto Me and takes shelter from Me becomes My ward, and I protect him always from all sorts of calamities"
- In the same Hayasirsa Purana, after Nrsimhadeva wanted to give benediction to Prahlada Maharaj, Prahlada did not accept any material benediction and simply asked the favor of the Lord to remain His eternal devotee
- In this way Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recited different verses from the sastra. The priest of Lord Nrsimhadeva then brought garlands and the remnants of the Lord's food and offered them to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Incarnations like Brahma, Rudra, Manu, Prthu and Vyasa are His material qualitative incarnations, but His incarnations like Rama, Narasimha, Varaha and Vamana are His transcendental incarnations
- Indeed, You diminished this burden formerly by incarnating in the form of a fish, a horse (Hayagriva), a tortoise, a lion (Lord Nrsimha), a boar (Lord Varaha) and a swan
- Indra said, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are the supersoul of every living entity, and therefore You are the actual owner of everything. Long were our hearts always filled with fear of this demon, Hiranyakasipu"
- Indra says, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are so kind towards us that, by killing him, You have removed that fear from within our hearts and have given us the chance to place Your Lordship within our hearts again"
- Indra, the King of heaven, says, "O Supreme One, these demons talk of our share of participation in the performances of ritualistic sacrifices, but simply by Your appearance as Lord Nrsimhadeva You have saved us from terrible fears"
- It is also learned from the Hayasirsa-pancaratra that there are nine forms protecting the two Puris known as Mathura Puri and Dvaraka Puri. These nine forms are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- Jayadeva Gosvami sung as follows: "He (Krsna) has picked up this earthly planet from the water in the form of a boar. He has killed Hiranyakasipu in the form of Nrsimha. He has cheated Maharaj Bali in the form of Vamana"
- Just like about Nrsimha-deva it is said Laksmi also had no experience that the Lord can become half-lion, half-man. Even Laksmi, what to speak of others. Laksmi, she is constant companion of the Lord
- Krsna expands Himself as Baladeva, Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Aniruddha, Pradyumna, Rama, Nrsimha and Varaha, as well as many other incarnations and innumerable Visnu expansions
- Krsna has many incarnations, such as Lord Nrsimha, Lord Boar, Lord Fish and Lord Tortoise, but there is no difference between Krsna's original two-handed form, like that of a human being, and these incarnations of gigantic animal forms
- Krsna has various plenary expansions and incarnations, such as Rama and Nrsimha, and a devotee can choose to fix his mind in loving service to any of these transcendental forms of the Supreme Lord
- Laksmidevi, the goddess of fortune, being inspired by lila-sakti, could not appreciate this unprecedented form (Nrsimhadeva) of the Lord
- Let Lord Nrsimha-deva sit in the core of my heart, killing all my bad propensities. Let my mind become clean so that I may peacefully worship the Lord and bring peace to the entire world
- Licking the edge of His mouth with His tongue, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Nrsimha-deva, decorated with a garland of intestines taken from Hiranyakasipu's abdomen, resembled a lion that has just killed an elephant
- Lord Brahma asked Prahlada Maharaja to go forward and pacify the Lord's anger. Prahlada Maharaja, being confident of the affection of his master, Lord Nrsimha-deva, was not afraid at all
- Lord Nrsimha appeared from the pillar of Hiranyakasipu's palace
- Lord Nrsimha holds the disc, lotus, club and conch. Lord Janardana holds the lotus, disc, conch and club
- Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared for the benefit of all human society, not only for Prahlada's personal benefit
- Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared out of compassion for Prahlada Maharaja
- Lord Nrsimha-deva killed Hiranyakasipu and took away all his power, influence and pride. Atheistic men, however, never understand how everything they create is annihilated
- Lord Nrsimha-deva placed the demon (Hiranyakasipu) on His lap, supporting him with His thighs, and in the doorway of the assembly hall the Lord very easily tore the demon to pieces with the nails of His hand
- Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared not in order to kill Hiranyakasipu but to save Prahlada and to give him blessings
- Lord Parasurama and Lord Nrsimha displayed unusual opulence by killing the disobedient ksatriyas twenty-one times and killing the greatly powerful atheist Hiranyakasipu
- Lord Siva said, "Despite Your (Krsna) transcendental position, my Lord, in order to show Your six opulences and advertise Your transcendental qualities, You have appeared in Your different incarnations - fish, tortoise, boar, Nrsimha, Kesava"
- Maharaj Prahlada offers the following prayers to the Lord, "My dear Lord Nrsimha, if I can be elevated to the position of Your servant, then it will be possible for me to hear about Your activities"
- Mood of Lord Nrsimhadeva
- My dear Lord, You are one with Jagannatha; therefore I have no objection to Your eating His offering. But why are You touching the offering for Lord Nrsimhadeva
- Not at all afraid of the fierceful feature of the Lord
- Nrsimha Prayers, 1970 - Nrsimhadeva will give you protection in my absence. I am now going to Japan to get some books printed personally and after that my program is to go to India
- Nrsimha-deva said, "Your (Prahlada's) father is already liberated because you are his son. In spite of all his offenses, he is liberated. Not only your father, but your father's father, his father up to seven generations, they are all liberated"
- Nrsimha-deva wanted to give him benediction, blessings, "Whatever you like." He refused, he said "I'm not a mercantile devotee that I'll get some benefit from You, but first benediction I want that let me engage in service of Your servant, Narada Muni"
- Of Them, Padmanabha, Trivikrama, Nrsimha, Vamana, Hari, Krsna and so on all have different bodily features
- Of these eight expansions (Purusottama, Acyuta, Nrsimha, Janardana, Hari, Krsna, Adhoksaja and Upendra), two are pastime forms of Vasudeva. Their names are Adhoksaja and Purusottama. The two pastime forms of Sankarsana are Upendra and Acyuta
- Of these forms, some are considered incarnations. Examples are Lord Visnu, Lord Trivikrama, Lord Nrsimha and Lord Vamana
- One who always remembers your (Prahlada) activities and My (Nrsimhadeva) activities also, and who chants the prayers you have offered, becomes free, in due course of time, from the reactions of material activities
- Para-tattva is Bhagavan. Para-tattva means Krsna, Rama, Narayana, Visnu. These are para-tattva. Bhagavan avatara, rama, nrsimha, varaha, kurma, vamana, dasavatara, all avatara
- Please (Lord Nrsimhadeva) in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that by Your mercy we may become fearless in the struggle for existence in this material world
- Prahlada Maharaja fixed his mind and sight upon Lord Nrsimha-deva with full attention in complete trance. With a fixed mind, he began to offer prayers in love with a faltering voice
- Prahlada Maharaja had his father killed by Lord Nrsimha-deva, setting the example that even a father should be removed from the path of devotional service if such a father happens to be an obstacle
- Prahlada Maharaja prayed: My Lord Nrsimha-deva, O Supreme, because of a bodily conception of life, embodied souls neglected and not cared for by You cannot do anything for their betterment
- Prahlada Maharaja prays that Lord Nrsimhadeva place him in touch with a pure devotee and servant instead of awarding him material opulence. Every intelligent man within this material world must follow Prahlada Maharaja
- Prahlada Maharaja requested Lord Nrsimhadeva to deliver his sinful father, who had so many times offended the lotus feet of the Lord
- Prahlada Maharaja says: I pray at Your lotus feet to call me back to Your eternal abode as one of Your servitors. This is the summit liberation of this materialistic way of life
- Prahlada Maharaja, when he was ordered by the Lord to take some benediction, he said that "I am not a merchant, Sir, that by giving You some service I'll take some return. Please excuse me." Nrsimha-deva was very much satisfied: "Here is a pure devotee
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I now consider the happiness of brahmananda to be no more than the water in the impression left by a cow's hoof in the earth, compared to this ocean of bliss"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I shall not care for all those sinful activities because simply by hearing about Your pastimes I shall get out of all the contamination of material attachment"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I simply pray that my Krsna consciousness may be more strong and steady, because happiness derived out of Krsna consciousness and devotional service is so powerful"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "My dear Lord of the universe, I am feeling transcendental pleasure in Your presence and have become merged in the ocean of happiness"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "My dear Lord, I repeatedly pray unto Your lotus feet that I may simply be stronger in devotional service"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "with it (happiness from devotional service) one can have all the other perfections of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification and even the attainment of liberation from material existence"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "You are the supreme friend, the supreme worshipable Deity. Your pastimes are transcendental, and simply by hearing of them one can counteract all his sinful activities"
- Some of the pastime incarnations are the fish incarnation, the tortoise incarnation, Lord Ramacandra, Lord Nrsimha, Lord Vamana and Lord Varaha. There is no end to them
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also (after cleaning the Gundica temple) cleansed the Nrsimha temple inside and outside. Finally, He rested a few minutes and then began dancing
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also cleansed the Nrsimha temple inside and outside. Finally, He rested a few minutes and then began dancing
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. Therefore there is no difference between Him, Lord Jagannatha and Lord Nrsimhadeva
- Such pastimes as those of Nrsimhadeva are certainly not meant to create a fearful situation for the devotees, but nonetheless the devotees, being very simple and faithful, were afraid of the fierce incarnation of the Lord
- Thank you very much for taking so much care of my health for praying to Nrsimhadeva. He is very kind. By all your prayers He will surely take care of me
- The description of your dream is very fascinating. It appears that you are constantly thinking of me and Lord Nrsimha has given you the chance to see Him because of your constant devotion. It is very encouraging
- The eight pastime expansions are Purusottama, Acyuta, Nrsimha, Janardana, Hari, Krsna, Adhoksaja and Upendra
- The goddess of fortune, Laksmiji, was requested to go before the Lord (Nrshimhadeva) by all the demigods present, who because of fear could not do so
- The hair on Lord Nrsimhadeva's face, being sprinkled with drops of blood, was reddish and looked very beautiful
- The Lord (Caitanya) became morose and said to Srivasa Thakura, "When I adopted the mood of Lord Nrsimha-deva, people were greatly afraid. Therefore I stopped, since causing fear among people is an offense"
- The Lord appeared as Nrsimha and bifurcated the strong body of the atheist Hiranyakasipu with His nails, just as a carpenter pierces cane
- The Lord appeared because of the bhakti-yoga exhibited by Prahlada Maharaja
- The Lord has no material form, and yet, according to the liking of different grades of devotees, He simultaneously exists in multiforms, such as Rama, Nrsimha, Varaha, Narayana and Mukunda
- The Lord, assumed the incarnation of half-man and half-lion (Lord Nrsimhadeva), which was beyond the imagination of a materialistic demon like Hiranyakasipu, and thus, keeping pace with the benediction of Brahmaji, the Lord killed him
- The nine personalities mentioned are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- The Nrsimha Deity should be installed only in a separate temple building. The Deity must have its own temple
- The Nrsimha temple (in Puri) is a nice temple just outside the Gundica temple. In this temple there is a great festival on the day of Nrsimha-caturdasi. There is also a Nrsimha temple at Navadvipa where the same festival is observed
- The Pandavas were not less fortunate; they were as good as Prahlada Maharaja because although Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared for Prahlada, the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His original form as Krsna was always living with the Pandavas
- The pastime forms of Pradyumna are Nrsimha and Janardana, and the pastime forms of Aniruddha are Hari and Krsna
- The pressure Maya is elephant-like, big, but the roaring of Nrsimhadeva can drive away many elephants
- The same pure devotee (Prahlada Maharaja) requested the Lord (Nrsimhadeva), "My Lord, my father (Hiranyakasipu) was atheist, and he has committed so many offenses, so I beg that my father may be liberated"
- The thirteenth branch was Pradyumna Brahmacari. Since he was a worshiper of Lord Nrsimhadeva, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu changed his name to Nrsimhananda Brahmacari
- The tortoise incarnation, Lord Kurma, became a pivot for the emulsification of the whole sea, and Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared as half-man, half-lion. These are some of the wonderful and uncommon features of lila-avataras
- The twelve different kinds of transcendental humors are controlled by different incarnations of God, such as Kapila, Madhava, Upendra, Nrsimha, Nanda-nandana, Balarama, Kurma, Kalki, Raghava, Bhargava, Varaha and Matsya
- The vivid example of this presence of God both before the theist and atheist simultaneously is Lord Nrsimhadeva
- Then Sivananda Sena again brought the ingredients with which to cook, and Pradyumna Brahmacari again cooked and offered the food to Nrsimhadeva
- There are nine forms protecting the two Puris known as Mathura Puri and Dvaraka Puri. These nine forms are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- Those who follow your example will naturally become My pure devotees. You are the best example of My devotee, and others should follow in your footsteps
- To spread the Krsna consciousness movement, devotees have to face many dangers and impediments all over the world, but a faithful servant who preaches with great devotion to the Lord must know that Lord Nrsimhadeva is always his protector
- To worship Nrsimhadeva requires a separate temple structure, not that Lord Nrsimhadeva can be worshiped in the same temple as Radha-Krsna
- Upendra and Acyuta are the vilasa forms of Sankarsana; Nrsimha and Janardana the vilasa forms of Pradyumna; and Hari and Krsna the vilasa forms of Aniruddha. (This Krsna is different from the original Krsna)
- Upon seeing the Ahovala-nrsimha Deity, Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered many prayers unto the Lord. He then went to Siddhavata, where He saw the Deity of Ramacandra, the Lord of Sitadevi
- We can simply imagine how powerful Hiranyakasipu was in this material world. But even Hiranyakasipu was cut into small pieces by the nails of Lord Nrsimha. This means that anyone materially powerful cannot stand the strength of the Lord's nails
- We should always consider that this material world is a dangerous place and therefore we shall chant Lord Nrsimha's Holy Name in order to be protected by Him in all dangers
- Whatever remedies they (embodies souls neglected and not cared for by Lord Nrsimhadeva) accept, although perhaps temporarily beneficial, are certainly impermanent
- When Hiranyakasipu was freed from the hands of Nrsimha-deva, he falsely thought that the Lord was afraid of his prowess. Therefore, after taking a little rest from the fight, he took up his sword and shield and again attacked the Lord with great force
- When Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared, Prahlada Maharaja was never afraid of Him, whereas his atheist father was immediately faced with death personified and was killed
- When Prahlada Maharaja was offered benediction by Nrsimha-deva, due to his great devotion and tolerance he refused to accept any benediction from the Lord, thinking that such acceptance was not befitting a sincere devotee
- When Sivananda Sena was thus perplexed, Nrsimhananda Brahmacari said to him, "Bring more food. Let me cook again for Lord Nrsimhadeva"
- When the demons are killed by the presence of Nrsimha-deva, everyone feels comfortable, irrespective of the planet upon which he lives
- When the fierce form of Nrsimha-deva appeared in order to kill Hiranyakasipu, Prahlada was unagitated. He remained calm and quiet, whereas others, including even Lord Brahma, were frightened by the features of the Lord
- When there was stretching of the body of Narada Muni from chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, he chanted so loudly that it was apprehended that Lord Nrsimha had appeared. Thus all the demons began to flee in different directions
- You (Nrsimha-deva) offer Your benedictions according to the level of one's service, exactly as a desire tree delivers fruits according to one's desires and makes no distinction between the lower and the higher
- You (the Supreme Lord) appear sometimes as an animal like Lord Boar, sometimes a mixed incarnation like Lord Nrsimha-deva and Lord Hayagriva, and sometimes an aquatic like Lord Fish and Lord Tortoise
- Your Lordship previously accepted incarnations as a fish, a horse, a tortoise, Narasimhadeva, a boar, a swan, Lord Ramacandra, Parasurama and, among the demigods, Vamanadeva, to protect the entire world by Your mercy