Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Nrsimhadeva | Narasimha | Nrsimhadeva's | Narasimhadeva | Nrsimha | Nrsimhadeva's | Nrsimha's
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Nrsimhadeva"
The following 111 pages are in this category, out of 111 total.
- A sinful man who acts against the laws of nature must be punished, but sometimes he is given a chance to play, exactly like Hiranyakasipu when he was released from the hands of Nrsimha-deva
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- Advaita Acarya Prabhu became very unhappy. Taking His son on His lap, He began to chant the Nrsimha mantra for his protection
- After saying this, the lion left, but I was very much afraid of Him. Just see the marks of His nails on my heart
- After visiting Kurma-ksetra, the Lord visited the South Indian temple of Jiyada-nrsimha and offered His prayers to Lord Nrsimhadeva. On His way, He introduced the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in every village
- Airplanes were thrown into outer space and the upper planetary system by the hair on Nrsimhadeva's head. Because of the pressure of the Lord's lotus feet, the earth appeared to slip from its position
- Although Brahma granted him all these benedictions, he was killed by the Personality of Godhead in the form of Nrsimha, the Lord's half-lion, half-man incarnation, & no weapon was used to kill him, for he was killed by the Lord's nails
- Any devotee aspiring to be free of material desires should offer his respectful prayers to Nrsimha-deva as Prahlada Maharaja did in this verse
- Anyone who with great attention hears this narration concerning the activities of Prahlada Maharaja, the killing of Hiranyakasipu, and the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Nrsimha-deva, surely reaches the spiritual world
- As Hiranyakasipu moved his limbs here, there & all around, very much afflicted at being captured, Nrsimhadeva placed the demon on His lap, supporting him with His thighs, & in the doorway of the assembly hall the Lord very easily tore the demon to pieces
- As Prahlada Maharaja was a great devotee and his father (Hiranyakasipu) was a great nondevotee, so much so that his father was killed by Nrsimha-deva
- As soon as the Lord appeared, the influence of Hiranyakasipu's passion and ignorance was vanquished as the Lord's quality of pure goodness, or the Brahman effulgence, became prominent
- As soon as there is some controversy, avoid it. That's all. Tala fruit and crow. You worship Nrsimhadeva. Ito nrsimhah parato, yato yato yami tato nrsimhah. Nrsimhadeva is everywhere
- Because of special favor bestowed upon Prahlada Maharaja, he remained silent and unafraid, even though all the demigods, including even Laksmidevi, were afraid of Lord Nrsimha-deva
- Before Hiranyakasipu was killed by His Lordship Nrsimha-deva, Prahlada Maharaja never addressed his father as "father," pituh. Now, after his death, he is addressing pituh, "my father." Because before his death he was demon
- By His personal expansion, He is manifested in various forms like Lord Rama, Nrsimha-deva, Visnumurti and all the predominating Deities in the Vaikuntha planets. The separated expansions, the living entities, are eternally servitors
- By the grace of Lord Nrsimhadeva my health is improving
- By the touch of Lord Nrsimhadeva's hand on Prahlada Maharaja's head, Prahlada was completely freed of all material contaminations and desires, as if he had been thoroughly cleansed
- By your prayers and by your chanting Hare Krishna, and by the grace of Lord Nrsimhadeva I am recovered from the serious illness
- He alone has eaten the offerings for all three Deities. Because of this, both Jagannatha and Nrsimhadeva remain fasting
- He also separately offered dishes to Nrsimhadeva, his worshipable Deity. Thus he divided all the food into three offerings. Then, outside the temple, he began to meditate upon the Lord
- Hiranyakasipu studied the form of the Lord, trying to decide who the form of Nrsimhadeva standing before him was
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) drift from one point to another birth after birth, and I pray to You (Lord Nrisimha) therefore to give me a shelter at Your lotus feet
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world
- I think that Nrsimhadeva could not eat anything today, and therefore He is fasting. If the master fasts, how can the servant live
- I wander alone at night killing fish in solitary places, but because I remember the hymn to Lord Nrsimha, ghosts do not touch me
- If you perform such activities again, I shall not be tolerant. At that time I shall kill you, your entire family and all the meat-eaters
- In the Hari-bhakti-sudhodaya it is stated that Prahlada Maharaj, a great devotee of the Lord, prayed to Nrsimhadeva (the half-lion half-man incarnation)
- In the Nrsimha Purana, Lord Nrsimhadeva says, "Anyone who prays unto Me and takes shelter from Me becomes My ward, and I protect him always from all sorts of calamities"
- Indeed, You diminished this burden formerly by incarnating in the form of a fish, a horse (Hayagriva), a tortoise, a lion (Lord Nrsimha), a boar (Lord Varaha) and a swan
- Indra said, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are the supersoul of every living entity, and therefore You are the actual owner of everything. Long were our hearts always filled with fear of this demon, Hiranyakasipu"
- Indra says, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are so kind towards us that, by killing him, You have removed that fear from within our hearts and have given us the chance to place Your Lordship within our hearts again"
- Indra, the King of heaven, says, "O Supreme One, these demons talk of our share of participation in the performances of ritualistic sacrifices, but simply by Your appearance as Lord Nrsimhadeva You have saved us from terrible fears"
- It is by austerity that You create the material world, which lies dormant within You. This austerity was almost stopped by the activities of this demon, but now, by Yourself appearing in the form of Nrsimhadeva, which is meant just to give us protection
- Lord Brahma requested Prahlada Maharaja, who was standing very near him: My dear son, Lord Nrsimhadeva is extremely angry at your demoniac father. Please go forward and appease the Lord
- Lord Nrsimha appeared from the pillar of Hiranyakasipu's palace
- Lord Nrsimha holds the disc, lotus, club and conch. Lord Janardana holds the lotus, disc, conch and club
- Lord Nrsimha-deva killed Hiranyakasipu and took away all his power, influence and pride. Atheistic men, however, never understand how everything they create is annihilated
- Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared not in order to kill Hiranyakasipu but to save Prahlada and to give him blessings
- Lord Nrsimhadeva is very dear to this exalted personality. Thus Prahlada Maharaja, along with his servants and all the denizens of Hari-varsa, worships Lord Nrsimhadeva by chanting the following mantra
- Lord Nrsimhadeva's mouth and mane were sprinkled with drops of blood, and His fierce eyes, full of anger, were impossible to look at
- Lord Parasurama and Lord Nrsimha displayed unusual opulence by killing the disobedient ksatriyas twenty-one times and killing the greatly powerful atheist Hiranyakasipu
- Manifesting a full effulgence and a fearsome countenance, Lord Nrsimha, being very angry and finding no contestant to face His power and opulence, then sat down in the assembly hall on the excellent throne of the king
- May Lord Nrsimhadeva, who appeared as the enemy of Hiranyakasipu, protect me in all directions. His loud laughing vibrated in all directions and caused the pregnant wives of the asuras to have miscarriages
- May the Lord cover their influence by His own transcendental influence. May Nrsimhadeva protect us in all directions and in all corners, above, below, within and without
- Mood of Lord Nrsimhadeva
- My dear Lord, You are one with Jagannatha; therefore I have no objection to Your eating His offering. But why are You touching the offering for Lord Nrsimhadeva
- Narada Muni continued: O King, although the exalted devotee Prahlada Maharaja was only a little boy, he accepted Lord Brahma's words. He gradually proceeded toward Lord Nrsimhadeva and fell down to offer his respectful obeisances with folded hands
- Now the Supreme Personality of Godhead has killed him just as if the demon were an animal. Unto that supreme pastime form of Lord Nrsimhadeva, we eternally offer our respectful obeisances
- Nrsimha-deva said, "Your (Prahlada's) father is already liberated because you are his son. In spite of all his offenses, he is liberated. Not only your father, but your father's father, his father up to seven generations, they are all liberated"
- Nrsimha-deva wanted to give him benediction, blessings, "Whatever you like." He refused, he said "I'm not a mercantile devotee that I'll get some benefit from You, but first benediction I want that let me engage in service of Your servant, Narada Muni"
- Nrsimhadeva, please cease Your anger now that my father has been killed. Since even saintly persons take pleasure in the killing of a scorpion or a snake, all the worlds have achieved great satisfaction because of the death of this demon
- O Lord in the form of Nrsimhadeva, You know how this demon gave trouble to everyone, but now You have killed him, and his body is mixing with the five material elements
- On that day you did not create a very great disturbance. Therefore I have excused you and not taken your life
- One who always remembers your (Prahlada) activities and My (Nrsimhadeva) activities also, and who chants the prayers you have offered, becomes free, in due course of time, from the reactions of material activities
- Placing its nails on my chest, the lion said in a grave voice, 'I shall immediately bifurcate your chest as you broke the mrdanga drum
- Please (Lord Nrsimhadeva) in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that by Your mercy we may become fearless in the struggle for existence in this material world
- Prahlada loudly chanted the holy name of Lord Nrsimhadeva. May Nrsimhadeva, roaring for His devotee Prahlada Maharaja, protect us from all fear of dangers created by stalwart leaders in all directions through poison, weapons, water, fire, air and so on
- Prahlada Maharaja had his father killed by Lord Nrsimha-deva, setting the example that even a father should be removed from the path of devotional service if such a father happens to be an obstacle
- Prahlada Maharaja prayed: My Lord Nrsimha-deva, O Supreme, because of a bodily conception of life, embodied souls neglected and not cared for by You cannot do anything for their betterment
- Prahlada Maharaja prays that Lord Nrsimhadeva place him in touch with a pure devotee and servant instead of awarding him material opulence. Every intelligent man within this material world must follow Prahlada Maharaja
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I now consider the happiness of brahmananda to be no more than the water in the impression left by a cow's hoof in the earth, compared to this ocean of bliss"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I simply pray that my Krsna consciousness may be more strong and steady, because happiness derived out of Krsna consciousness and devotional service is so powerful"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "with it (happiness from devotional service) one can have all the other perfections of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification and even the attainment of liberation from material existence"
- Seeing me so afraid, the lion said, 'I have defeated you just to teach you a lesson, but I must be merciful to you
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also (after cleaning the Gundica temple) cleansed the Nrsimha temple inside and outside. Finally, He rested a few minutes and then began dancing
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also cleansed the Nrsimha temple inside and outside. Finally, He rested a few minutes and then began dancing
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: My dear King, Lord Nrsimhadeva resides in the tract of land known as Hari-varsa. In the Seventh Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, I shall describe to you how Prahlada Maharaja caused the Lord to assume the form of Nrsimhadeva
- Thank you very much for taking so much care of my health for praying to Nrsimhadeva. He is very kind. By all your prayers He will surely take care of me
- The associates of Lord Visnu in Vaikuntha offered this prayer: O Lord, our supreme giver of shelter, today we have seen Your wonderful form as Lord Nrsimhadeva, meant for the good fortune of all the world
- The description of your dream is very fascinating. It appears that you are constantly thinking of me and Lord Nrsimha has given you the chance to see Him because of your constant devotion. It is very encouraging
- The goddess of fortune, Laksmiji, was requested to go before the Lord (Nrshimhadeva) by all the demigods present, who because of fear could not do so
- The great demon Hiranyakasipu, who was extremely angry, swiftly attacked Nrsimhadeva with his club and began to beat Him. Lord Nrsimhadeva, however, captured the great demon, along with his club, just as Garuda might capture a great snake
- The hair on Lord Nrsimhadeva's face, being sprinkled with drops of blood, was reddish and looked very beautiful
- The hair on Nrsimhadeva's head shook the clouds and scattered them here and there, His glaring eyes stole the effulgence of the luminaries in the sky, and His breathing agitated the seas and oceans
- The inhabitants of Pitrloka prayed: Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the maintainer of the religious principles of the universe
- The inhabitants of Siddhaloka prayed: O Lord Nrsimhadeva, because we belong to Siddhaloka, we automatically achieve perfection in all eight kinds of mystic power
- The Kazi said, "When I went to the Hindu's house, broke the drum & forbade the performance of congregational chanting, in my dreams that very night I saw a greatly fearful lion, roaring very loudly, His body like a human being's & His face like a lion's
- The Nrsimha Deity should be installed only in a separate temple building. The Deity must have its own temple
- The Nrsimha temple (in Puri) is a nice temple just outside the Gundica temple. In this temple there is a great festival on the day of Nrsimha-caturdasi. There is also a Nrsimha temple at Navadvipa where the same festival is observed
- The pressure Maya is elephant-like, big, but the roaring of Nrsimhadeva can drive away many elephants
- The saint Narada Muni continued: Although Prahlada Maharaja was only a boy, when he heard the benedictions offered by Lord Nrsimhadeva he considered them impediments on the path of devotional service
- The tortoise incarnation, Lord Kurma, became a pivot for the emulsification of the whole sea, and Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared as half-man, half-lion. These are some of the wonderful and uncommon features of lila-avataras
- The twelve different kinds of transcendental humors are controlled by different incarnations of God, such as Kapila, Madhava, Upendra, Nrsimha, Nanda-nandana, Balarama, Kurma, Kalki, Raghava, Bhargava, Varaha and Matsya
- The vivid example of this presence of God both before the theist and atheist simultaneously is Lord Nrsimhadeva
- Then Sivananda Sena again brought the ingredients with which to cook, and Pradyumna Brahmacari again cooked and offered the food to Nrsimhadeva
- These soldiers had come in thousands to fight with Him with raised weapons and were very faithful followers of Hiranyakasipu, but Lord Nrsimhadeva killed all of them merely with the ends of His nails
- This ghost, however, overcomes me with redoubled strength when I chant the Nrsimha mantra. When I even see the form of this ghost, great fear arises in my mind
- This sinful man has now been killed by You. Therefore, O Lord Nrsimhadeva, our master, we offer our respectful obeisances unto You. Please continue to be our patron
- To worship Nrsimhadeva requires a separate temple structure, not that Lord Nrsimhadeva can be worshiped in the same temple as Radha-Krsna
- We should always consider that this material world is a dangerous place and therefore we shall chant Lord Nrsimha's Holy Name in order to be protected by Him in all dangers
- Whatever remedies they (embodies souls neglected and not cared for by Lord Nrsimhadeva) accept, although perhaps temporarily beneficial, are certainly impermanent
- When Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared, Prahlada Maharaja was never afraid of Him, whereas his atheist father was immediately faced with death personified and was killed
- When Sivananda Sena was thus perplexed, Nrsimhananda Brahmacari said to him, "Bring more food. Let me cook again for Lord Nrsimhadeva"
- When the demons are killed by the presence of Nrsimha-deva, everyone feels comfortable, irrespective of the planet upon which he lives
- While I was asleep, the lion jumped on my chest, laughing fiercely and gnashing His teeth
- With the speed of a hawk, Hiranyakasipu moved sometimes in the sky and sometimes on the earth, his eyes closed because of fear of Nrsimhadeva's laughter