Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Occupation, Work, Duty
Pages in category "Questions On... Occupation, Work, Duty"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total.
- All activities done for sake of Krsna or God are the real...
- Although a devotee feels helpless in the hands of Krsna, still, in order to execute his duty, he must be very strong... How does he reconcile those two?
- And inside these people doing this work (modern science), is it Krsna? Or what is it makes them do the work?
- Are we duty-bound to maintain our body?
- Are you saying that they (men in our society) do more work?
- As a practical result of his (Arjuna followed the decision of Krsna, so there is value. He became victorious, he enjoyed the kingdom, and he became a famous devotee) activities?
- Dharma there (sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam) means to the religious faith or duty?
- Does it (just like these boys they are after Krsna's service) mean that we should leave the work and we should not work and...?
- Does that mean that these workers in factories and industries, to take to Krsna consciousness they could not go on with their work?
- Have you also members of your movement which are simply in their work, in the community, in the world?
- He is a sudra. Would we retrain him as a farmer?
- He says that legions of sadhus, such white men, persons from West, become sadhus, then who will do this job of earning a living?
- He wants to know how he will be engaged. Who will tell him what to do?
- How are we to determine how much of our endeavor should be for our own personal progress?
- How can I apply that (Krsna consciousness) in my factory?
- How can the world survive when people forget their karma and immerse themselves in Krsna consciousness? Won't it lead to inaction and a stand-still condition?
- How did you find the transition, or how did it affect you, the transition from leading a life in the business world?
- How do we.... What do we do during the day? What are our activities?
- How do you envisage one should act, if I may ask that?
- How does a man find out what his duty is?
- How would we define the word responsibility in Krsna consciousness?
- I asked about a man not knowing what his duty was, and you spoke of the highest duty of giving up all to Krsna and becoming detached from the fruits of your action. But suppose the question is What shall I become - a shopkeeper, a teacher, a carpenter?
- I was helping the band a little bit. And I came to see you, and I was wondering what I should do to serve you. I should go back to Detroit?
- I'm a servant of the government right now, and will it take more love of Krsna for me to be devotee, or what...?
- Ideally it is the moral obligation of everyone to obey the moral command, but...?
- If chanting means out loud, how can you do it all day while you're working in so many different situations? How can you chant out loud?
- If everyone becomes Krsna conscious, then how will they make a living?
- If I'm always worried about the future, how will anything get done now?
- If one has to obey the state and go to war, how is that the same as obeying God?
- If one tries to praise the Creator by, directly, with his ability, what, how does he know what to...? By his work, I mean
- If somebody didn't go to the factory, you wouldn't, would you? Somebody has to go and do the work to make the food, keep the country running
- If someone who does not believe in scriptures, um, what is his duty, and...?
- If the government is giving them free homes and we're giving them free prasadam, why should they work?
- If there could be a Krsna conscious society, would this mean to stop the industry and technology?
- In other words for those who are outside the temple, they have their jobs and they live in their houses, how can they achieve Krsna consciousness?
- In the list of qualifications of a devotee there is one qualification, expert. What does that mean in relation to the occupation?
- In the modern world the engineers are designing everything. So how can an engineer use his talent for Krsna?
- In this age of Kali when there is no social structure or varnasrama-dharma, how can one discriminate how he is utilizing his energies for his prescribed duties?
- Is a devotee required to work very hard for material necessities?
- Is it better for grhasthas to be self-supporting and living outside the temple? Like somebody working all day and following the regulative principles?
- Is it not better to run than to stand still and sleep?
- Is it right that if you come to Krsna consciousness, all the duties are automatically taken care of?
- Is the work you recommend your followers to do purely spiritual, or do you...?
- Is there anything wrong when the woman works?
- Isn't that a rather negative way to look at the work (that is knowledge, that is knowledge. When a prisoner understands that "This hammering business is not my real business, it is my punishment")?
- It is better to perform one's duty, even though it may be imperfect, than to perform another's duty?
- Many people say that members of the International Krsna Consciousness Society are being cut off from work in the world and therefore their contributions to the world are being lost to the world and I wondered how you felt about that?
- May I ask a personal question?... I heard that you were a chemist before?
- My question has to do with karma-yoga in the outer world, for instance, in New York City. From what I understand, your disciples do not pursue the professions. Is that correct?
- My question was that when there is no more people following their sva-dharma, their true self...?
- Say I have some outside job, I'm living outside, but I'm not giving 50% of my income. So then that work that I'm doing, is it actually under the authority of the guru?
- She said that love can change dharma. You say that dharma cannot be changed
- Should devotees be formally designated in a particular occupation?
- Should it affect the normal duties (if everybody became Krsna conscious)?
- So chanting along with devotional service, performing our duties while concentrating on Krsna, is also part of the process, isn't it?
- So many people who stop performing prescribed duty to engage in so-called meditation, actually they are committing sinful activity? Is this actually sinful activity to attempt such meditation like that?
- So then, is it true then that people who have this conception, they would not try for progress?
- So when we say that we have finished all responsibility by surrendering to Krsna, that doesn't mean that we've abandoned execution of duty, does it?
- Sometimes we forget to do our duty very attentively. By associating with Krsna through His name, then we can remember our duty?
- Srila Prabhupada, regarding karma. One does his job every day, and if he spends some time in the evening chanting Lord Krsna, do you approve this?
- Srila Prabhupada, what is the responsibility of some person towards the father who has given the material body to him?
- Suppose one is engaged for his livelihood for eight hours, or ten hours for material purposes. How he will link with Krsna during that period?
- That (dharma means this varnasrama-dharma. So if the human society does not accept dharma, then he's as good as animal) which Srila Gandhi was working against?
- There are three factors: one, duty towards God, duty towards the family, duty towards the business, duty towards the country, duty towards the society. Then how is he to balance himself in these duties?
- This duty, is this duty to the self or duty to others or duty to the state?
- What about if someone can choose to become a doctor or a lawyer or a physician or anything like that?
- What about the grhastha's duty toward his family, like looking after his family and children?
- What about work, though? Does one have to give up one's job?
- What did you do? Did you work?
- What do the other classes do?
- What do these people do for a living? Only grow food? And did you need money?
- What is one's prescribed duty?
- What is the actual duty of the government?
- What is the duties of the woman after the husband takes sannyasa?
- What kind of practical work could we engage them (the brahmanas who are in the varnasrama college) in?
- When it says "duty," does that mean you don't have to do anything at all?
- Why did He (Krsna) want Arjuna to work?
- Would you say that the lawyer can do good whether or not he believes in God?
- Yeah, but people following you, could, could they stay in normal life, I mean have a business, etc...?
- You can love God and be near God and train to be a medical man. Why don't you let some of your boys be trained to be medical men? Why do you say no?
- You have asked me how many hours you should work?
- You were a chemist yourself, were you not, in secular life before you took up the position you have...?
- Your Grace, you said I needn't give up my job, but may I look forward to the time when I may give up my job?
- Your Grace? How can a person tell what his or her occupation or duty is supposed to be?