- Cākṣuṣa Manu
Pages in category "Caksusa Manu"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Brahma's night takes place when Brahma goes to sleep, but in the daytime there are fourteen Manus, one of whom is Caksusa Manu
- Brahma's one day consists of one thousand cycles of the four yugas - Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali. In that one day there are fourteen manvantaras, and out of these manvantaras this Caksusa manvantara is the sixth
- During the reign of Caksusa Manu there was a king named Satyavrata, who was a great pious ruler. To save him, the Lord appeared as the fish incarnation (Matsya) for a second time
- During the reign of Caksusa Manu, the King of heaven was known as Mantradruma. Among the demigods were the Apyas, and among the great sages were Havisman and Viraka
- During the time of Caksusa Manu, by the supreme will of the Lord, there was suddenly another pralaya, or devastation. This is mentioned by Markandeya Rsi in the Visnu-dharmottara
- In the matter of the changes of the Manus or manvantaras, such as the Svayambhuva-manvantara and Caksusa-manvantara, as they are discussed in the Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh Cantos of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Lord Krsna is indicated
- In the Raivata-manvantara, the avatara is named Vaikuntha, and in the Caksusa-manvantara, He is named Ajita
- The Manus who are prominent within this universe are as follows: Yajna as Svayambhuva Manu, Vibhu as Svarocisa Manu, Satyasena as Uttama Manu, Hari as Tamasa Manu, Vaikuntha as Raivata Manu, Ajita as Caksusa Manu
- The son of Caksu known as Caksusa was the sixth Manu. He had many sons, headed by Puru, Purusa and Sudyumna
- The various Manus existing in one day of Lord Brahma are as follows: (1) Svayambhuva, (2) Svarocisa, (3) Uttama, (4) Tamasa, (5) Raivata, (6) Caksusa
- This inundation after the period of Caksusa Manu took place in order to show some wonders to Satyavrata
- This particular devastation (of 8.24.37) actually took place not during the night of Lord Brahma but during his day, for it was during the time of Caksusa Manu