Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Names of Krsna
This category has the following 66 subcategories, out of 66 total.
- ► Cakri (1 P)
- ► Janardana (2 C, 9 P)
- ► Kesava (3 C, 23 P)
- ► Krsna As Ajita (1 C, 11 P)
- ► Krsna As Govinda (1 C, 89 P)
- ► Krsna As Jananivasa (1 P)
- ► Krsna As Mukunda (1 C, 25 P)
- ► Krsna As Partha-sarathi (2 P)
- ► Krsna Is Lord Garbhodakasayi Visnu (1 P)
- ► Krsna Is Lord Ksirodakasayi Visnu (2 P)
- ► Krsna Is Lord Narayana (168 P)
- ► Krsna Is Lord Visnu (6 C, 193 P)
- ► Krsna Is Vaikunthanatha (2 P)
- ► Krsna's Holy Names (5 C, 237 P)
- ► Krsna's Name (12 C, 273 P)
- ► Krsna's Transcendental Name (37 P)
- ► Transcendental Name (1 C, 9 P)
- ► Uttamasloka (3 C, 12 P)
Pages in category "Names of Krsna"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- Krsna is called Yogesvara, the source of all mystic power
- Mother Yasoda, being very disturbed by naughty Krsna, bound Him round the abdomen with a rope, and thus Krsna is named Damodara
- Sripada Sankaracarya admitted that what he had preached in the flowery grammatical interpretations of the Vedanta-sutra cannot help one at the time of death. At the critical hour of death one must recite the name of Govinda
- A book or poetry in which the Holy Name of Krishna is depicted, such language is revolutionary in the matter of purifying the material atmosphere. Even though such literature is presented in broken language or grammatical inconsistency
- Although according to the material conception Narayana, Rukmini-ramana and Krsna are one and the same, in the spiritual world one cannot use the name Rukmini-ramana or Narayana in place of the name Krsna
- At the end of the month, Krsna, along with His friends, appeared on the scene. Another name of Krsna is Yogesvara, or master of all mystic powers
- Garga Muni said, "Some people will call Him Krsna, and some will call Him Vasudeva. But one thing you must know: this son has had many, many other names and activities due to His different pastimes"
- God is not such a subject matter that you can see with this pratyaksa, direct perception. God's another name is Anubhava. Anubhava. Just like in this room we do not see the sun directly. But we know that there is sun
- If anyone is interested to study the science of God, you'll find it in the Vedic literature, how Krsna expands by His plenary portion in different names of God
- If by studying the form, name, qualities, pastimes and paraphernalia of the Supreme Godhead one is attracted to the Lord, he can execute devotional service, and the form of the Lord will be impressed in his heart and remain transcendentally situated there
- If one equates the names Radha-ramana or Radha-Krsna with Rukmini-ramana, Narayana or any other name of the Supreme Lord, he commits the fault of overlapping tastes, which is technically called rasabhasa
- In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the names of Krsna. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krsna Himself (SB 11.5.32) (Books)
- In the English dictionary the name of Krsna as stated "a Hindu god." But actually, that is not the fact. Krsna is the name of God. Krsna means the all-attractive, all-good
- Just as the months of the year are known according to the twelve different names of the Supreme Lord, members of the Vaisnava community mark twelve parts of the body according to these names
- Just like you love somebody. So if you chant his name, if you think of him, then you'll always remember. Similarly, if you simply think of Krsna, if you simply chant Hare Krsna name, then you remain man-maya
- Krishna's another name is Madan-Mohan. When Krishna is within the heart, then the Madan or lusty desires become defeated. If we learn to love Krishna, our lusty desires will be finished, otherwise not
- Krsna has thousands of names, and His names are enumerated by His activities. Just like Krsna accepted to become the son of Mother Yasoda; therefore He is called Yasoda-nandana
- Krsna is the most suitable name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The name Krsna and the Supreme Person Krsna are nondifferent. Therefore, if one concentrates his mind on hearing and chanting Hare Krsna, the same result is achieved
- Krsna's name is Vasudeva because He appeared as the son of Vasudeva; His name is Devaki-nandana because He accepted Devaki as His mother; His name is Yasoda-nandana because He awarded His childhood pastimes to Yasoda at Vrndavana
- Simply by chanting the holy name of Krsna, everyone becomes free from all contamination of this age, mukta-sangah, param vrajet. And he becomes so purified that he becomes fit to go back to home, back to Godhead
- Since Garga Muni was an astrologer, he could understand everything past and future, and thus he said, "I know everything about His activities and names, but others do not know. This child (Krsna) will be very pleasing to all the cowherd men and cows"
- The kanistha-adhikari is a neophyte who has received the hari-nama initiation from the spiritual master and is trying to chant the holy name of Krsna
- The name Damodara was given to Krsna when He was bound with ropes by His mother, but the Damodara form who is the predominating Deity of the month of October–November is a different manifestation
- The purport of this song (from Gitavali by Bhaktivinoda Thakura) is that Narada Muni, the great soul, plays a stringed instrument called a vina, vibrating the sound radhika-ramana, which is another name for Krsna
- Then Lord Krsna warned His friends, "These brahmanas are not Vaisnavas. They cannot even chant Our names, 'Krsna' and 'Balarama.' They are very busy in chanting the Vedic hymns, although the purpose of Vedic knowledge is to find Me"
- There are thousands and millions of names of Lord Krsna - Visnu-sahasra-nama - and all of them are given to Him because of His transcendental qualities
- Those who come directly from Lord Visnu are called visnu-tattva and are sometimes designated as Mahapurusa. Another name for Krsna is Mahapurusa, and a devotee is sometimes called maha-paurusika
- We have practical experience that any person who is chanting the holy names of Krsna in course of chanting without offenses feels some transcendental pleasure and very quickly becomes purified of all material contamination
- When we speak of "Krsna," means God. God has got many thousands of name, but this one name is chief. Krsna means "the all-attractive." Krsna attracts everyone. Or one who attracts everyone, He is God
- When we take to the service spirit... Here we are training people how to render service. Then, gradually, he will be able to understand what is this name of Krsna, what is the form of Krsna, what is the activities of Krsna
- Whenever there is reference in the Vedic literature, we have to accept. And practically we have seen people did not know the name of Krsna three, four years ago, they are mad after Krsna, the European, American. This is the practical fact