valor | valorous
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Prowess (6 C, 89 P)
- ► Valiant (1 C, 14 P)
Pages in category "Valor"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Happiness in the world depends proportionately on the maintenance of the religious principles, individually or collectively. The best part of valor is to maintain the principles despite all kinds of odds
- His (Hiranyaksa's) valor thus frustrated, the great demon felt humiliated and was put out of countenance. He was reluctant to take back the mace when it was offered by the Personality of Godhead
- The highest achievement of perfect civilization is to work with valor but at the same time depend completely on the Lord. The Pandavas were the ideal executors of this standard of civilization
- The inhabitants of Gandharvaloka prayed: Your Lordship, we ever engage in Your service by dancing and singing in dramatic performances, but this Hiranyakasipu, by the influence of his bodily strength and valor, brought us under his subjugation
- This sort of behavior (secure a wife by fighting or kidnapping) for a ksatriya is praiseworthy in the sense that a ksatriya must show his power of chivalry to his would-be wife so that the daughter of a ksatriya can see the valor of her would-be husband