Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Christianity
Pages in category "Questions On... Christianity"
The following 155 pages are in this category, out of 155 total.
- About the creation. I have read it from Bible too, about Adam and Eve. Do you think that it's true?
- And Christians, how do you present this? Suppose if someone was a Christian (this is our philosophy, to accept knowledge from the perfect person or his bona fide representative)?
- Another thing that's stated in the Bible, in the Christians' philosophy, they say that God created man out of His own image. It's stated in the Bible. So therefore man has a form, why not God? Because it's stated there in the Bible
- Apart from Catholicity of the American church, what can be the other reasons of their indifference towards your positive ideas?
- Are there Christian also, or Muslim also joining this (movement)?
- Are you getting any opposition from the church?
- Are you saying that this (Vedic) knowledge has appeared in many forms? Does it appear also in, let's say, Christianity, in Muslim, Mohammedanism?
- Are you suggesting that every person, whether he is Muslim or Christian or Buddhist or Jew or Parsi or anybody else for that matter, should accept the Hindu doctrine of transmigration or reincarnation of soul?
- Basically, what have you to offer that is different than the Christian ethos or the Jewish ethos?
- But do you think they (the Koran or the Bible or any other religious) are successful?
- But how you can say he (the pope) is not the best Christian? He is the head of all the Christians?
- But now do you not think that Christianity and Islam accept this (when he is on the platform of Brahman realization, then he becomes jubilant, prasannatma, na socati na kanksati. That life is required, Brahman realization. That is education) as well?
- But these religions are just material. These Hindu, Christian, Muslim, they're following these things because that is simply their destiny? They don't know how to please God, so that's simply part of their happiness and distress?
- But what do you see happening to (the future of) the actual world? Do you see any... You know, with Christianity and other religions? The world has... a beginning and an end
- By this (there are degrees of light), you mean that those who adopt the teachings coming from the Koran or from the Bible is lesser light than from the Gita?
- Can a true devotee come face-to-face with God through the teachings of Buddha, the teachings of Christ?
- Can I see God by becoming a Christian?
- Can you say exactly the point where Christians are not obedient. Do you see any points here by your visit to the Christian countries and you like to say for us? It is a help for us to say exactly the point
- Can you tell me how your teaching relates to the Bible, to the Christian teaching?
- Can you tell me...? There's been an awful lot in these last two years said about the Jesus Movement. How does that sort of line up with Krsna?
- Christ consciousness and Krsna consciousness, the words are so similar. Please combine the words, explain how the words came to us
- Christ's general teaching was that they should not worry for anything because God is supplying to everyone, even the birds and beasts. So why should they (the preachers) worry? Just go out and preach. That was his basic teaching to his twelve apostles
- Christian priests, they asked me that "Why Christianity is dwindling? What we have done?" So I told them, "What you have not done?"
- Christian..."Watchtower" (the idea is that marriage is not sacred. They think marriage is a legalized prostitution. They think like that, but marriage is not that. Even that Christian paper, what is that, "Watch...?"?
- Christianity has to change their customs or the Christianity, Roman Catholic or Protestant, must return to the source?
- Could I ask you another question? You've been hitting on some of the Ten Commandments tonight like "Thou shall not kill." Now, if you believe the Ten Commandments like that, it also says in there that you shouldn't worship idols, bow down to idols
- Did Jesus die on the cross to redeem all the sins of the world?
- Did they try to make you Christian? Like that?
- Did you want to know where that was, "Hallowed be Thy name."?... Were you asking where that was from?
- Do we recognize that any of those Christian saints were great devotees? Did they develop love of God? Or what's the comparison?
- Do you believe in the blessed trinity?
- Do you believe in the Holy Bible?
- Do you have any of the other things you find in the inside of churches?
- Do you have anything comparable to bishops and the hierarchy of the Christian faith and of other major faiths?
- Do you know much of Mormonism?
- Do you know the prayer that the Russians use, the Jesus prayer?
- Do you see a difference or a conflict between being a devotee of Jesus and a devotee of Krsna? May one be both?
- Do you think for instance, in this country, if somebody is a Protestant, or I mean a Christian and goes to church, this is also, you don't try to convert them away from that?
- Do you think that the Hare Krsna chant could serve as an intermediary to link the religious tendencies of, both of Christianity and Muslim religions?
- Do you use the Judeo-Christian scriptures at all in your work?
- Does belief in any scripture whatsoever, such as the Bible or Koran...? Does belief in any scripture lead to salvation?
- Have you got some points in common with the Christians?
- He has understood from Bhagavad-gita that Krsna says that "As you approach Me, I present Myself." So in that sense can this movement be compared to also the consciousness of Christ, Christ consciousness
- He says he takes Christianity as Krsna consciousness. What do you say?
- He says that for Christians, this feeling of being with God comes from praying to Lord Jesus Christ. He's asking if Krsna has that same position for us?
- He says, do we see Krsna as being a savior in the way that Christians see Christ as being the savior?
- He would like to know if to instruct young Christians to chant the name of Krsna will be helping them attain the highest perfection or if it is changing their religion?
- How can Catholic people, without rejecting their own religion, take to Krsna consciousness?
- How can we accept it (although Christ says, 'Thou shalt not kill,' I can neglect that." And then, if still he is captured, he will say, "Bible is very old.")?
- How do you explain the fact that Jesus said that "I am the way, the truth, and the light," and that "No man comes to the father but by me"? How can we explain that Jesus said he is the only way?
- How the simpler faith of a real Christian, that is not so advanced in knowledge of the Supreme Person, differs in ecstasy or the end result of God-consciousness?
- How would you adapt the Krsna chanting to Christianity?
- I believe Jesus is coming back and not Krsna. And what are you guys going to do when you see Jesus?
- I believe that Krsna is the Supreme God, so don't get me wrong, but since you mentioned Christ, was he an incarnation of Krsna? Was Jesus Christ sent here by Krsna from...
- I don't understand exactly how Krsna consciousness is different than the other religions. Like in Christianity, Judaism and Moslem they have the idea that a person can pray and sometimes chant, communicate with God, understand His way
- I may ask you, you see, that this foundation is a Christian foundation, and I wonder what is your personal opinion about the main figure in the Gospel, Jesus Christ
- I think it was a nun that asked you about the position of Jesus on this, and you quite rightly said, "Well, of course, Jesus never claimed to be God." I do wish that some Christians would realize that. He was God conscious, wasn't he?
- I thought you quoted Christianity. But as far as the Christian faith is concerned, don't they quote their scriptures?
- I've been studying Russian Elders in the Orthodox Church... They seem to have found the divine. I guess that's religion too. It seems to me both are, but perhaps you have a better definition than that?
- If Christian religion is teaching to understand God and to become obedient to God, then it is all right. If it is not teaching that then it is useless. Simply by stamping, "I am Christian," what do you gain by that?
- If every moment we are killing in breathing and walking and doing so many things, and then it says, "Thou shalt not kill," so then hasn't God given us an instruction which is impossible?
- If you give us this wisdom, don't you meet now in the western world an opposition from the Christian side where the key word that this faith becomes a body, this faith becomes flesh?
- In order to achieve our goals, do we intend doing like the Christians tried to do, making everyone convert to their side. Is that what we want to do, make everyone convert to Krsna?
- In our Christian faith the love of God is joined with the love for man. Are you also interested with this love for man, for our rivals?
- In some parts of the Bible it describes how things were being carried out, and they say that the activities were going on according to the will of God. Does that mean that there was a God conscious civilization then?
- In your introduction to the Bhagavad-gita you refer to Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianism and other religious faiths as sectarian designations, but isn't Krsna consciousness just another kind of designation in order not to call it Krsna-ism, another ism?
- In your opinion, what is the relationship between Krsna and Christ?
- Is he receiving a good interpretation from his disciplic succession or his bishop? Because there seems to be some kind of a discrepancy in the interpretation of the Bible. There's many different sects
- Is it easier or better to be a Krsna bhakta than to be a Christian?
- Is it not as good to serve God as a Christian in a church?
- Is it possible for one to engage himself in bhakti-yoga without rendering service to Krsna? Let's say someone who is worshiping Lord Buddha or Lord Jesus
- Is it possible to find Krsna in the Christian tradition or in Islam?
- Is that (even abortion they (priests) are defending) because they have no standard?
- Is there any way for a Christian, without the help of a spiritual master, to reach the spiritual sky through believing in the words of Jesus Christ and trying to follow his teachings?
- Isn't that (they are sporting with the life of bull, and they are Christian trying to convert others as Christians) somewhat in the ksatriya spirit?
- Isn't there also this other one (eternity), when, for instance, Christ says, "I am before Abraham was," this "I am." There is one kind of eternity which has nothing to do with past and future at all, which is beyond past and future?
- It (Genesis) says the earth is square?
- Like any other revealed scripture, the Bible's teachings are absolute, but are they to be understood literally or symbolically, and are they applicable for all men?
- Lord Jesus Christ said that "The only way to God is through me; just believe in me or surrender to me," and Lord Caitanya taught that hari-nama is the only means of spiritual realization in this age. Is there any contradiction?
- Prabhupada, in the Christian faith there is the idea that God made it possible for life to be created. He made it possible for the processes of the universe to continue. Is this the same with Krsna?
- Prabhupada, people that engage in religions, like these Jesus freaks and other people, they claim that Jesus is guiding them. Can this be so?
- She asks what is the difference between our understanding of reincarnation and the Christian concept of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Christ said he would come again. Is there a difference? Is it the same thing?
- Should we tell all Christians like that, Srila Prabhupada? That they're killing?
- So if someone wanted to be, say, a Christian in the Krsna conscious..., a society led by a Krsna conscious person, if someone wanted to be a Christian, would he be chastised?
- So if they follow Jesus Christ...?
- So what would be the difference for the, in this case, that one who is identifying himself as Christian or one is identifying himself as devotee of Krsna?
- So why not start an authoritative group of Christians who chant Hare Krsna, who study the Bible and read the Bhagavad-gita?
- Someone in material consciousness cannot understand God? So then what of all these religions, for example, Muslim and Christian religion?
- Srila Prabhupada, is the Bible..., we accept that as scripture, but is it all correct, or has it been mistranslated or...?
- Srila Prabhupada, should I have resigned my membership with the Christian organization? Should I have? I did. Could I serve Krsna just as well and also through a Christian? I don't see how I could
- Srila Prabhupada, throughout the Western theology, there is a conception of the wrath of God, God's anger at man's disobedience or his unwillingness to follow God and live by God's commandments
- Srila Prabhupada, when we are preaching to Christian people or to Muslim people, is there advantage in being familiar with their scriptures or simply Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- Swami, do you attach any significance to the fact that this temple is in a form of a Christian church?
- Swami, many people also think that "If you're sinful, how can church help you? What is the use of going to church?"
- Swamiji, do you think that Bible, about the Adam, Adam is Brahma? It has been copied from the Indian philosophy to put it there in different name?
- Swamiji, how could you convince these Christian people that Christ was the son of God, or Krsna was the...
- That (Genesis) is just some story. Why should we believe it? There's nothing else to believe. Why not believe this Darwin?
- That is the statement of the Supreme Lord. "And thou shalt have no strange gods before Me. You must not make images or idols to bow to or worship in any other way. You may worship no other god than Me?" Well, then how is it that...?
- The Christians describe Krsna in a different way. Are they making mistakes?
- The Christians don't become old men?
- The Christians say that there is soul, and they say that there is God, so then wouldn't our question be: "What is the relationship of the soul to God?"
- The difficulty in this Christian aspect is that they claim that it was created about five thousand years ago. Creationists preaches that? Five thousand years ago, literally? Do we want to make this comparison, Srila Prabhupada, or not?
- The Holy Bible is written by the holy spirit of mankind. Should we believe on the Bible or not?
- The point was that in Christianity everyone can become Christian whereas it seems in this only some can become brahmana. So he is interested what is the path to becoming brahmana. How does one become brahmana?
- The question in one sense is not whether it's Christian or Saivite or Vaisnavite but whether it is directed to a knowledge of God, a devotion to God or not. But you would feel that there, what, it is easier to reach that goal by worshiping Krsna?
- Then in the Bible, the beginning of it says that God created the heavens and the earth, and yet they say, give the description in Genesis as the way God created the heaven and the earth. Does this not conform with Brahma's work?
- There are countless numbers in the United States of large facilities of the Christian faith, and, like you, they give the refreshment of the holy communion. Why does this not work? Why is this not cleansing the heart?
- There are some Christians who are actually sincere and they feel as though they are doing the proper thing. The churches are teaching the wrong thing, but they are sincere. Krsna will direct them the proper authority?
- There is one difference between Eastern wisdom and Christian way to think that whereas in the Eastern way, we have to become rid of our body, to be liberate from our body, whereas Christian sense means to realize the spirit within the body?
- There's been an awful lot in these last two years said about the Jesus Movement. How does that sort of line up with Krsna?
- There's no sermon as we would know in other churches?
- These Bible and Koran, how did they get here? They were just inventions or what?
- They (God & Jesus) used him (Joseph Smith) as an instrument in restoring His true church. We believe this with all our heart. We feel that it's built upon the spirit & that it's through prayer & study that we've found this. What's your feeling about that?
- They (The Christians) say everyone is sinful; therefore what is the use?
- They said that then if Christianity is complete, then what is the need of coming here? What is missing there that we would find here?
- This ("Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.") is vandanam. Yes, Srila Prabhupada?
- This (the third-class devotee, he has belief but he cannot explain or give any support) is like Christian...?
- This gentleman asks if the disciples have to give up their religion, if, for example, they are Christian, they have to give up Christianity to be devotee?
- To my mind the nearest approach in the Christian religion is the Unitarian position, which I don't know if you studied?
- To practically follow Jesus Christ for a sincere searcher of the truth who does not recognize and accept the external manifestations of the Krsna consciousness movement, is it possible to attain love of God?
- Well how does it become scientific (as soon as you say that "We Christians, we believe," then it is misbelief. It is not scientific)?
- What about Christians?
- What about other religions such as Christianity and...?
- What about people who believe in Jesus, God? I mean, what about Christians? It might not have the same effect on them
- What about something very much nearer to ourselves here in this country, and that is a war or civil disturbance is going on... between Christians?
- What about the Western religions like Christianity? That's been with us now for two thousand years and doesn't seem to have helped people to become particularly (happy and prosperous)?
- What about the young Christian Revival?... The Jesus Movement?
- What do you or the Krsna consciousness movement have to say to me that is different from the essence of any of the major religions of the world, say, Christianity?
- What does it mean that Christ died for us, in order that we may live. Or in other words, died for our sins. He wants to know, because he's going to live anyway, he's eternal anyway, what is the meaning of that statement? What is the meaning?
- What does your interpretation, or how does it differ in principle from the basic Jewish-Christian ethic of the Ten Commandments?
- What is God? Is it the Christian God? What is God? What is your definition of God? Is He a Christian God or pure?
- What is Krsna consciousness in relation to other faiths, like, say, when you think of Krsna and you die, in a battle for Krsna or something? What if you believed in Jesus Christ and you died in battle for Jesus Christ?
- What is the actual meaning of the sacrifice of the cross, Jesus dying on the cross?
- What is the difference between a pure Christian, or at least a sincere one, and a sincere devotee of Krsna?
- What is the difference between Krsna consciousness and Christ consciousness?
- What is the Pope doing, then (there is no religion in the world except Krsna consciousness. All bogus)?
- What is your view towards Christianity?
- What's your view of Judaism and Christianity?
- When Krsna is the only God in the world, the creator of the whole universe, then why the existence of Jesus Christ and Allah? Why should not only one God for all? Why Christians and Muslims are not accepting Krsna as God?
- When Lord Christ appeared he seemed to be conditioned in his growth. Was he a specific incarnation or a conditioned soul who became liberated?
- Where is their (Christian) method for changing the status quo?
- Why do you send your disciples in these Christian countries to preach the love of God when the gospel of Jesus Christ is also preaching the love of God, God love?
- Why not start an authoritative group of Christians who chant Hare Krsna, who study the Bible and read the Bhagavad-gita?
- Would it matter if I worship any other? Would it matter whether I worship Krsna or Siva or Christ or Buddha? Would it matter?
- Would you say that the western-oriented church's message is not relevant or that they have failed to present their message properly?
- You're comparing Krsna, Buddha, Muhammad to Jesus as the same, and Guru Maharaj-ji too, another Jesus. You're saying that?
- Your Grace, a great many of South Africa's church leaders from some of the big churches are fearful that South Africa is going to find itself in a situation, or find... What message would you give this country in terms of avoiding any...?
- Your message is similar in some ways to the message of evangelical or fundamentalist teachers in Christianity, who are taking the name of Jesus Christ and excluding everything other than complete devotion to Christ. Would you comment on this?