Questions On... Marriage
Pages in category "Questions On... Marriage"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.
- And are these married and...?
- And now divorce is getting easier too, isn't it (so by one instance I can understand that how in the Western countries people become out of social structure. The root cause is godlessness. Root cause)?
- Are you married, sir? You say you have no connection with your family? Why? To do this, did you have to divorce? When did you renounce your family? How are they managing without you? Do you ever see them at all?
- Are you saying that our men should have more than one wife?
- At the moment of pregnancy (as soon as one girl is pregnant, she should be separated)? From the moment of pregnancy one and a half years?
- But people are objecting that: If we cannot get divorced, then we are forced to live with each other even if we hate each other
- But she (woman) doesn't have any structure at all until marriage?
- But the question comes up that you have given a vow against fire at the time of marriage that the husband will look after the wife and the family. Then how does that fit in when you leave the family all of a sudden?
- Did Lord Caitanya have women, householders traveling with Him when He went on sankirtana?
- Did you say that illicit means sex between people who are not married?
- Do you think it is possible, for instance, to have the husband being involved in this movement and not his wife?
- Does Lord Siva have a wife, like, a consort?
- Does somebody forget his wife completely then?
- Does this apply to the brahmanas (you cannot see your wife being insulted before you. You must fight. You must kill him.That is the law. Aggressor)?
- He (Giriraja) is not married?
- He wants to know if within marriage it is possible to achieve perfection?
- He's talking about if you're married before you come to the movement and one person wants to join the movement and the other person is not very agreeable?
- How can any materialist manage more than a few wives without divorce?
- How can the position be reconciled if in Krsna consciousness one of the two, the husband or the wife, wants to enjoy sense gratification, but the other does not? Should there be separation then?
- How is this (grhastha duties) connected with Vyasadeva and his situation?
- How old was his wife (Dr. Rajendra Prasada, the president, he was married when he was eight years old)?
- How old were you when you got married?
- How should we do this in our ISKCON society with these young girls (the Indian system is that when the girl is utmost twelve years, not more than that, ten to twelve years, she must be married)?
- I was going to go to Bombay for a wedding. Some friends are getting married. You know, I think you met Laksmi Shankar, lady singer? Her daughter, who is also a singer, Viji, Viji Sri Shankar, and she's marrying a South Indian violin player, L. Shankar
- I'll be getting married the end of this summer... And the devotees say that the householders only have sex to conceive a child. And I cannot picture myself at all in such a position, and... What kind of sex life can one lead, living in the material world?
- If a brahmacari decides to get married and then enters into married life, should he be encouraged to maintain that responsibility throughout his life?
- If a person is married and they are interested in entering into Hare Krsna, Krsna consciousness, can they reach the ultimate?
- If we follow the Krsna conscious path... Now, take for example our wedding ceremonies. Now, the first thing that we take, the Ganapati, there is Ganasyainava, and there is various other deities that we have to respect. Now, what happens in his case?
- If, say, the husband is not present, then the oldest son is supposed to be in charge and he is a brahmacari, in what way is the mother cared for?
- In the spiritual path everyone has to be married?
- Is (polygamy) allowed?
- Is it better for grhasthas to be self-supporting and living outside the temple? Like somebody working all day and following the regulative principles?
- Is it considered a legal wedding ceremony in this country?
- Is it the nature of the Kali-yuga that mother and father always separate? Is it the nature of the Kali-yuga that this family separation is always happening?
- Is polygamy illicit?
- Is there a minimum age for the man (a girl is married before puberty, she is not allowed to go to the husband until she has attained puberty... After attaining puberty there is another second marriage. Then the husband and wife live together)?
- Is there much divorce in India?
- Regarding your problem of not being able to get married, this is not the proper type of question to place before your spiritual master
- Regarding your question about marriage...
- Regarding your question about the husband becoming the Spiritual Master of the wife...
- Regarding your question whether grhastha couples can live together in the temple...
- Separate quarters in the apartment. And the husband would not see his wife during the day?
- She has a husband, but they don't live together in the same ideas, spiritual ideas. So she wants to know what to do now. Should she go apart from the husband?
- She's (Mrs.Marchand) asking that since in these Western countries the families are so broken up and the women sometimes cannot find a qualified husband, what should she do?
- So when they are grhastha, they make advancement?
- Srila Prabhupada, how can one use marriage to reach back home, go back to Godhead? How can one use the sacrifice of marriage...?
- Srila Prabhupada, how can the position be reconciled if in Krsna consciousness one of the two, the husband or the wife, wants to enjoy sense gratification, but the other does not? Should there be separation then?
- Suppose she doesn't want to get married for the rest of her life, just wants to serve the Lord (Is it possible for a woman to become a brahmana)?
- Swamiji, is there any truth in the belief that if two persons marry each other during a certain specific time of the year, their marriage will be more prosperous than would otherwise be the case?
- That (Gandhi's marriage) was arranged by their parents, or they did it themselves?
- That is faith, Prabhupada? If the woman has faith in the husband (suppose a girl is married. So she wants a child. It does not mean today she's married and next day child. It is not possible. Wait. You'll have child)...?
- The price (for marriage) was blood, huh?
- These Italian women are complaining now that their husbands are abusing them, so why can they not get divorced?
- They criticize this in ISKCON, that the leaders pick out husband and wife... And that they're not allowed to mix freely. They say, "Well how do you know who you want to marry unless you can mix with that person?"
- We have some girls and they have asked us, they want to be married. What is our position?
- We see in the cities it's not, but in the villages, do they still have more than one wife?
- What about intermarriage between all the castes?
- What exactly do you mean? Outside marriage, you mean (don't you see, illicit sex, what havoc it has done?)?
- What if the spouse is very antagonistic toward Krsna consciousness?
- What if they say it is not excellent (after marriage the girl comes to her father-in-law's house... The girl is to cook and distribute this food to all the relatives of her husband. If they say it is excellent, then she is accepted in this family)?
- What is the maximum amount of years there can be difference (between husband and wife)?
- What is your wedding ceremony like?
- When they agree at this young age (marriage), they should wait till they get older, right?
- Where is it written in Bhagavad-gita that sexual intercourse is only allowed in married life?
- Would you say that there were times when, well, that there were marriages which were also illicit?