Questions On... The Deity, Deity Worship
Pages in category "Questions On... The Deity, Deity Worship"
The following 152 pages are in this category, out of 152 total.
- A Deity of Krsna is carried on an elephant. At some of these big festivals there may be many non-Vaisnavas. Is it all right to show these people? Or should we only show Vaisnavas in this movie?
- About the shell which you are presently keeping in the temple
- After ten years? Then they (gurukulis) can do Deity worship?
- And for design of Gaura-Nitai and Radha-Krsna, we should just use the same design or we should make better?
- And that they should not bump each other or dance with each other personally, distracting the attention from the Deity? Shouldn't all the dancing be focused toward the Deity?
- Are there any murti, having (so I was thinking to take some Deities with me to worship wherever I go)?
- Are there any other Deities besides Kaliya-Krsna you want us to make for Fiji?
- Are we not observing this eclipse rituals, that, during the eclipse we stop aratis and all of this... And after the eclipse is over, take bath and then do the arati?
- Are you going to give some more instruction (you just show how to Deity worship, how you are doing that, and they will learn. Yes. She is doing that very nice. So you can, all of you, all girls, you take, her. See doing, how she is doing)?
- Back to the temple we'll be performing aratik to Your Divine Grace. And there was not very much time. I was wondering whether during the time we're performing aratik to you, whether it's proper to be giving out cookies to the children?
- Better to keep the temple open with the Deities there or can the...?
- But on this one time should we bathe directly?
- But they will be on the altar or they will be in front (and on the opening day the Deities will be on the altar or they will be in front when they're bathed? When the bathing is taking place in Bombay for the opening...)?
- Can I ask one question? You were mentioning that you wanted to start local industries, casting Deities?
- Can ice cream purchased from the market be offered?
- Can it (aratiks) be three, can it be simple?
- Can one be in spiritual life if they're not worshiping the Deity?
- Conchshell. What is this for, Swamiji?
- Could I ask you another question? You've been hitting on some of the Ten Commandments tonight like "Thou shall not kill." Now, if you believe the Ten Commandments like that, it also says in there that you shouldn't worship idols, bow down to idols
- Could we use alchemy to make gold for Krishna's altar?
- Could you tell me something about your altar?
- Deity worship is temple worship?
- Do they have any temples of Lord Jagannatha there? They have any temples of Lord Jagannatha in Kuruksetra?
- Do you consider.... Is it your Deity? Do you consider that glorified?
- Do you have altars?
- Do you think you could explain to me about the Deities and how it's different from idol worship?
- Does evening arati vary according to the sunset?
- Does it matter who performs the Deity worship?
- Does Lord Jagannatha reside there any more (Jagannatha Puri)?
- Does the Lord go to sleep so early and before everyone, and wake up so late, after everybody?
- For purpose of practice I am asking, when you chant Rama, should you have the form of Rama before you?
- For the abhiseka, do we require cow urine and cow dung and tail of cow?
- For the festival, is it all right for Them (Damodara Deities) to go on Lord Jagannatha's altar while He is gone? Is it all right to put the Deities on the altar in the temple, on Lord Jagannatha's altar while He's gone?
- He (the pujari) comes on this side of the altar and blows the conchshell. Is that all right? It should be behind the curtain or in front of the curtain?
- He does not speak krsna-katha, Prabhupada. So five thousand you have estimated for the Deities? For a month you have estimated last night five thousand?
- How about Radha-Krsna also (let them worship Gaura-Nitai)?
- How do you know this Deity is Krsna, and this one isn't? Because each Deity looks a little different to the material eyes
- How many full aratis should we perform, Srila Prabhupada?
- How many sticks of incense? Two?
- How old were you when you got your Radha-Krsna Deity?
- How shall the worship be in the temple, Srila Prabhupada, the small temples. What shall they worship?
- I also wanted to ask a question, Srila Prabhupada, on dancing in the temple room during arati, especially mangala-arati. Is it not that the devotees should not turn their back while dancing to the Deity?
- I am now trying to learn (indistinct) something, and I find that by doing bhakti, ah, what you call puja, saguna puja, whenever I come to your place, instead of seeing the Krsna murti, I always see the lingam, pure lingam. Why this phenomena going on?
- I only say is it not possible for things to be dedicated to God without actually being placed on the altar in that way?
- I tried to make a flute for Krsna because He doesn't have a flute. Is that okay?
- I was always under impression or understanding from your teachings, that one never eats in front of the Deities. Can you please explain that?
- If all it requires is chanting to be pure, then why do you require musical instruments, an altar, and flowers and things of this sort?
- If all that is required is chanting Hare Krsna, why do we have the pictures and the clothes and the instruments and the altar and Lord Jagannatha?
- If someone looks at the Deity of Krsna and thinks it's only stone or wood, for him it's still material?
- If stone is also Krsna, then why aren't we worshiping all stone?
- If the spiritual master is not bona fide, then is the Deity also not bona fide?
- If we build in Puri, will we have Jagannatha?
- If you know the process, then the Deity becomes Krsna (so this Deity worship is not heathenism. It is actually worshiping God, provided you know the process)?
- If you see only (if you see only to the flowers, you become invigorated)?
- In addition to providing flowers for the Deity, will people who visit the temple walk there, or it will be closed to them?
- Is it all right for the Deities' hair to show?
- Is it necessary to see the Deity regularly in order to remain strong?
- Is it permitted to use shells for making jewelry, crowns, etc., for Deities? Or is it to be considered as the bone of an animal?
- Is it so for a Krsna conscious man that Krsna is as much in the stone as in the Deity? But we order murtis all the way from India?
- Is there Deity worship on other planets?
- Is worshiping the idol a stepping stone?
- It appears to me that one of the most difficult aspects of Krsna consciousness for someone to accept who's been brought up outside of that point of view is the Deities and the idea that they represent Krsna. Could you talk a little bit about that?
- It can be done inside then (blowing the conchshell)?
- Many devotees were asking me if we could make a Deity of Your Divine Grace?
- Maybe around quarter to eleven, you'd like to come down and either participate in the bathing or give lecture at that time. And then afterwards the Deities will go back on the altar and we'll give the names outside. Is that all right?
- Murti, simply that murti? Nothing else (but when we go to see God in the temple, we see God, nothing else. That experience you haven't got)
- Offer food to an idol?
- Oh, how old should they (gurukulis) be before Deity worship, they do Deity worship?
- Okay. So in that case, when would you like to come and visit (the arati, it is called sandhya arati. Sandhya arati means just in the evening. What is the time of sunset nowadays? 5:30, then one hour after. Then 6:30 is all right. 6:30 is all right)?
- On ekadasi, we can offer the Deity grains?
- People are fascinated in the ritual things, the ara..., during the offering puja to the Deities and especially this initiation service. I would like to record the meaning of these ritual?
- Prabhupada, a picture of Krsna is absolute, right? That is Krsna. Is the picture of a pure devotee absolute in the same way?
- Radha-Govinda were the only Deities in the neighborhood?
- Regarding installing larger deities at the New Vrindaban farm temple, which is now exclusively for brahmacaris...
- Regarding the questions you have asked about the Radha-Krishna throne...
- Regarding you question about keeping open the Deity doors in the early morning...
- Regarding your final question, once something is offered to the Deity, may it be offered again?
- Regarding your inquiry about deities
- Regarding your question about guests being present at arati...
- Regarding your question about offering camphor in aratrik...
- Regarding your question about taking Gaura-Nitai Deities with you on travelling Kirtana...
- Regarding your question about why we dress the Deities in very opulent fashion and not as simple cowherds boy and girl
- Regarding your question how to carry your Deities to different places with you
- Regarding your question, what is the difference between Krishna and the deity...
- Regarding your questions about details for Deity worship...
- Regarding your questions about pujari...
- Regarding your questions about the difference between the picture of Krsna and the Deity
- Regarding your questions, you want to offer something in the evening to Krishna besides fruit and milk
- Regarding your questions: Once prasadam (water, or foodstuffs) is offered to the Lord, His Plate should remain on the altar for about 15-20 minutes (while the portion in the pots may be taken by the devotees)
- Should Krsna be dressed very, very opulently like this, Srila Prabhupada?
- Should the Deities be offered grains for breakfast?
- Should the Jagannatha deity be bathed with water?
- Should we bathe only the small Krsna Deity?
- Should we stick to formal positions, or is it all right to do informal pose, like just your head and your chest?
- So far as your question about how to think of Radha-Krishna...
- So far your questions about Lord Jagannatha and Ratha-yatra Festival?
- So if we're performing the Deity worship and we get in anxiety, how to make it nice?
- So that would be the title, Pujari Worship?
- So therefore it is good that we have so much Deity worship to do that we're very, very busy and we do not have any time?
- So we should take the Deity prasadam and our prasadam and go to all the houses?
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati and yourself (deities), Srila Prabhupada?... Just the same size as Vrndavana's?
- Srila Prabhupada, is it sometimes more appropriate to worship arca-murti of Sri Sri Gaura-Nitai than Sri Sri Radha and Krsna?
- Srila Prabhupada? Since we are going to have three altars, then we should also have three different plates, a different plate for each altar?
- Srinathji. So that Deity was eventually handed over?
- Still you said one can see Krsna within the stone. And one can worship Him within the stone or within everything?
- Swamiji? When we ring bells especially for the Deities at 6:30, does that put Them to sleep then?
- Swamiji? Why is it that in the mornings and the evenings we say bells before the Deity?
- That book that Jayatirtha was making on Deity worship following from the Hari-bhakti-vilasa, he told me he is making on your order to make a standard of Deity worship. That is the standard we should be advising the temples to follow?
- The Deities should be woken up at five in the morning?
- The full arati will be in the morning, mangala-arati, there will be the noon arati, supposed to be one in the evening. When should the other full arati be?
- The name of the Delhi Deities is Radha-Parthasarathi. So how do we understand?
- Then they say that if this is the method, then how does Deity worship fit into the scheme?
- There is regularly puja in your community?
- These jeweled boxes should be given to Radha-Vrndavanacandra?
- They (many people who live outside the temple) have to do full Deity worship to have these Deities? Dress the Deities every day?
- They (the Deities) should not be transported to another temple?
- They can't even see that in an animal other than human there's soul. So how can they understand the Deity?
- We saw a rose-colored light that was vibrating all around the food. Is this how He eats?
- We should offer the plate after the arati?
- We should say prayers in the morning at one hour and a half before sunrise?
- We were wondering, should we offer the food to the Deities in the temple or should we offer it in the restaurant?
- We're installing Krsna and Balarama there, Srila Prabhupada?
- What do you offer to Krsna?
- What do you put in there (conchshell)? Ghee?
- What if they started to worship Gaura-Nitai?
- What is the difference between Jagannatha deities and Krishna Murti and why is the latter not fed and cared for as well as the former and why are Jagannathas more tolerant?
- What is the difference between Krishna and the deity?
- What is the purpose of Deity worship?
- What's the next evolutionary step for these flowers that we offer to Krsna?
- When making arati offerings, is it proper to meditate on the different parts of the Lord's Body?
- When we chant japa in front of the Deity, does that correspond to this verse of meditating on the Lord limb by limb?
- When we offer something to you, for example, your picture, he wants to know if the person, if, simply by his act of offering does he become purified, or if the spiritual master is actually aware of the offering
- When you see that Deity, are you... Do you call it Syamasundara or Govinda?
- Where is this (In India, Tirupati, that Deity is richer than many kings in the world. Daily, 100,000 rupees) temple?
- Why do we decorate the, a stone Deity?
- Why should we adore the idol if God has no form?
- Won't Krsna feel embarrassed to stand between Radha and Rukmini at the same time? Is that bona fide, Prabhupada? It's not rasabhasa?
- Would you think it is possible to hate the Deity?
- Yes. But if someone has a temple and he maintains a Deity for his personal sense gratification...
- You also said if you decorate Krsna, make Krsna beautiful, your heart will become beautiful ?
- You brought them (the Deities) from Jaipur?
- You can see the Deity as too strong, repressive, taking away your freedom, your own wishes and so you can come to hate the Deity
- You have asked about Gaura Nitai deity worship by the householders in Los Angeles. That is for those who live far away from the temple and cannot attend
- You have asked in your letter to Purusottama if you should observe the lists of 44 offenses and 44 regulations for deity worship...
- You stated that a statue of yourself is not the same as you, and yet in some of our temples, such as Vrndavana, the murti of Your Divine Grace has been installed and they are offering prasadam. So is it the same, that the prasadam is accepted by the guru?
- You used to take Jagannatha right through the streets?
- You want to start it now or in the new temple?
- You were worshiping Jagannatha, weren't you?
- Your first question, shall Srimati Radharani's feet be showing?