Questions On... Pleasure and Sense Gratification
Pages in category "Questions On... Pleasure and Sense Gratification"
The following 101 pages are in this category, out of 101 total.
- All the living entities are completely satisfied?
- And Krsna consciousness can help me attain this (happiness)?
- Are the animals complacent with their hellish condition of life?... Like the dog. Is he happy to be a dog?
- Are you happy always in reflection?
- Are you suggesting then that what is taken to be liberty is actually enslavement? And what is assumed to be the pursuit of happiness is nothing more than a rat race in which you try to make the best of what you can?
- As for your question about the ecstasy of chanting and working for Krishna...
- But for happiness, or ananda, isn't bhakti essential, love, or ananda?
- But if I think I'm happy, isn't that enough?
- But if the standard is happiness, and the hog is happy and the devotee is happy, then what is the distinction?
- But on the spiritual platform, everybody (on the material platform, nobody is prasannatma)?
- But these religions are just material. These Hindu, Christian, Muslim, they're following these things because that is simply their destiny? They don't know how to please God, so that's simply part of their happiness and distress?
- But what do the hogs think (you rascal, you do not know what is pleasure. Just like the hog. He's also enjoying pleasure, eating stool. So your pleasure is like that. You eat stool and enjoy life. That is your standard of pleasure)?
- But without pain how can you experience pleasure?
- By pleasing Lord, one does not please one's own ego also to some extent?
- Can the desire to go back to Godhead be sense gratification?
- Can you satisfy equally as brahmacari or grhastha or sannyasi? Can you satisfy equally in whatever path you have chosen?
- Could you discuss the various levels on the way to bliss consciousness? What happens to the body and the mind as one approaches bliss consciousness?
- Did Krsna invent Radha for His own pleasure?
- Did we fall in this material world to find some highest pleasure?
- Did you say that for the atman, are part of the eternal? For the atman, it is... A need for the being is for the purpose, ananda
- Do I have to join your movement to be happy? Can I just take Krsna consciousness outside your movement?
- Do you think the type of life that your devotees must lead... is in fact a happy one, getting up very early in the morning?
- Does the soul suffer with the mind, or he's always enjoying?
- Does the soul which passes from body to body, does it or he experience the pains and pleasures of my body?
- How can the living entities actually be happy?
- How can we relieve ourselves of material pain and live in spiritual pleasure?
- How can you be sure you're free from all anxiety if you're incapable of perceiving happiness?
- How do you convince a person that they are suffering, when they're saying they are happy and not afraid to die?
- How does say that in your process, anybody has been made happy?
- How is it that the trees and plants will be happy?
- How the eternal spirit soul becomes so completely absorbed that he completely forgets about the future and simply he becomes absorbed in some temporary sense gratification?
- If God is meant to be propitiated, then why is it that we have so many things for our enjoyment? You say that everything is for God's enjoyment.
- If someone has a desire to do something for Krsna. But he begins to realize it's still tinged with a lot of personal gratification...?
- If the animals are happy and the human beings are unhappy, why not live like an animal?
- If we are originally full of pleasure, then why would we accept an inferior position?
- If we try to please Krsna with all of our service and activities, that automatically brings pleasure to the self?
- If we're always thinking of death, how can we enjoy life now?
- In God's temple, what human wants? And what type of life he wants so that he can be happy?
- India also there is such tendency towards sense gratification?
- Is a devotee seeking mental happiness as well?
- Is it because Krsna is situated in the spiritual sky, therefore the spiritual sky is the position where there is ultimate happiness to be found?
- Is it more natural to love someone else? Is it more natural for someone else to enjoy or for ourselves to enjoy?
- Is it that people have confused materialism with happiness?
- Is there any real happiness?
- Is this desire for material happiness the cause of material attachment?
- It is just like the concept that if God is all-merciful, why He is so impartial, somebody making happy, somebody making suffering?
- It isn't a negation of pleasure, but it's a higher pleasure?
- So it's not possible that anyone's happy? There is no possibility of anyone being happy
- So why not eat, drink, and be merry because tomorrow you die?
- So you say that two kinds of people enjoy life, the paramahamsas and the great fools. So what's wrong with being a great fool? They're also enjoying
- Some people say that trees may be very happy. How do we know?
- Srila Prabhupada mentioned that everyone is looking for pleasure. So when one comes into devotional service, how is it possible to know if one is actually looking for his own pleasure or really in search of God
- Srila Prabhupada, could it be said that in a society where stress is placed on developing this understanding of God, people would naturally become disinclined for these so-called modern activities of sense gratification?
- Srila Prabhupada, how can the position be reconciled if in Krsna consciousness one of the two, the husband or the wife, wants to enjoy sense gratification, but the other does not? Should there be separation then?
- Srila Prabhupada, in the Bhagavad-gita it says that happiness in the mode of goodness is in the beginning is like poison but at the end it is like nectar. Where does the poison end and where does the sweetness begin?
- Suppose that was a beautiful landscape on its own, just the landscape, then it's worthless? But you accept that the temporary enjoyment is there, would you?
- That being Krsna conscious, you're the most happiest person? You are?
- The karmis, they say "What is the matter with sense gratification?" They say they like sense gratification; it's very good
- They (people) lack central happiness?
- They don't take their pleasure in being there in the brahma-jyotir?
- They put forward the argument sometimes, though, that it is very natural to try to enjoy. Everyone is doing it, so why should we fight the nature? People say like this
- They think if they can make very palatable dishes, what is the need for God?
- We also say that Krsna is fulfilling the desires of every living entity. So if we want to enjoy independent of Krsna, why doesn't He let us really enjoy independent of Him?
- We have already had a hog's body. So we didn't like it. Otherwise, why would we change?
- We have made the statement that we attain a certain amount of bliss by engaging in this Krsna consciousness process. Do we deny the fact that other people have attained similar bliss from doing other things?
- We were also discussing with Mrs. Conan Doyle and a friend of hers, how is it, if I'm thinking I am happy, or I do not have love for God, nor do I want to have love for God, how will I cultivate it?
- Well, we can admit that we're not happy all the time, but what is the meaning of happiness without distress? If there's no distress, how can I be happy?
- Western people want to think they're the body. Otherwise how can they enjoy all their technology?
- What about if one is in the mode of goodness (it's not possible that one's happy?)?
- What about pleasures like listening to music? Could you listen to other peoples' music?
- What about, for instance, people who are practicing sense gratification, and they find it very practical to gratify their senses. Does this mean that it is meaningful or real?
- What do you define as real happiness?
- What has been written about the future of civilization? Will we have a happy human family ever on the earth, or will there always be conflict between...
- What is meant by absolute surrender? How are we to satisfy ourselves having done so?
- What is recreation for a Krsna conscious person?
- What is the method of attaining permanent and impermanent? Permanent ananda?
- What part do they play when a person's reached this higher level of consciousness? Is it more pleasurable?
- When we fell down we were thinking, we could enjoy like that, in the same way?
- When you become Krsna conscious, is it not a state of ecstasy?
- Who is to say there is not a higher standard of happiness, higher than what we think is the ultimate happiness?
- Why can't we have sense gratification and God also at the same time?
- Why did God arrange for the pleasures of sense gratification if He wants us to go back to home, back to Godhead?
- Why did God create death in order to stop our enjoyment?
- Why do people use spiritual things for material enjoyment when material enjoyment is available by itself?
- Why does Krsna provide the living entities with these sinful pleasures?
- Why does the living entity try to enjoy material nature in such a way?
- Why is it that a devotee falls down, that he wants to surrender to Krsna and again he falls back to the material world to become a false enjoyer?
- Why is it that people are thinking they are happy?
- Why should I strive for something so difficult, such a philosophical understanding, when I can live very happily with this body?
- Why should we enjoy sense gratification like gentlemen?
- Why should we live anymore? We're not getting any pleasure out of life. There's no future. Why should... People are happy to die these days, because there is no pleasure
- Would that (greatest happiness be experienced) by all the senses - mind, intelligence...?
- Yes. But if someone has a temple and he maintains a Deity for his personal sense gratification...
- You say there's pure joy in achieving the transcendental platform. Why? Why necessarily joy and not sorrow?
- You were saying everyone is inquisitive for happiness, but shouldn't that be purified? Shouldn't we give up all desire for happiness?
- Your knee is hurt. Is that enjoying?