Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Dattatreya"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Anasuya, the wife of Atri Muni, gave birth to three very famous sons - Soma, Dattatreya and Durvasa - who were partial representations of Lord Visnu, Lord Siva and Lord Brahma
- Anasuya, the wife of Atri Rsi, bore three sons - Soma, Durvasa and Dattatreya. It is said that at the time of conception Anasuya was impregnated by the tears of Atri
- Are you one of those exalted, liberated saints such as Dattatreya and other highly advanced, learned scholars? May I ask whose disciple you are? Where do you live? Why have you come to this place? Is your mission in coming here to do good for us?
- Dattatreya was a partial representation of Lord Visnu, and Durvasa was a partial representation of Lord Siva
- Datyatreya, Prthu and Dhanvantari are yellowish; Lord Buddha is flesh colored; Yajna is bluish; Mohini is extraordinarily beautiful woman. There is no comparison to her beauty, so much so that Lord Siva is captivated by her beauty
- Hamsa and Mohini are not permanent, but Kapila, Dattatreya, Rsabha, Dhanvantari and Vyasa are five eternal forms, and they are more celebrated
- He (Kartaviryarjuna) became the emperor of the entire world, consisting of seven islands, and received mystic power from Dattatreya, the incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Thus he obtained the mystic perfections known as asta-siddhi
- I offer my respectful obeisances to Vasudeva, who is all-pervading, to the Lord's fierce form as Lord Nrsimhadeva, to the Lord's form as an animal (Varahadeva), to Dattatreya, who preached impersonalism, to Lord Buddha, & to all the other incarnations
- In every yuga, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, assumes the form of great yogis such as Dattatreya to teach the system of mystic yoga
- Soma was a partial representation of Lord Brahma, Dattatreya was a partial representation of Lord Visnu, and Durvasa was a partial representation of Lord Siva
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: The best of the ksatriyas, Kartaviryarjuna, the King of the Haihayas, received one thousand arms by worshiping Dattatreya, the plenary expansion of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana
- The great sage Atri prayed for offspring, and the Lord, being satisfied with him, promised to incarnate as Atri's son, Dattatreya (Datta, the son of Atri)
- The history of the birth of Dattatreya as an incarnation of the Lord is mentioned in the Brahmana Purana in connection with the story of the devoted wife
- The incarnations of Rama and Dhanvantari displayed His fame, and Balarama, Mohini and Vamana exhibited the Lord's beauty. Dattatreya, Matsya, Kumara and Kapila exhibited His transcendental knowledge
- The Lord incarnated Himself as Dattatreya, the son of Rsi Atri and Anasuya
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead appears as Sanaka, Sanatana, Yajnavalkya, Dattatreya and others, and thus He gives instructions in spiritual knowledge, prescribed duties, principles of mystic yoga, and so on
- The three sons born of Anasuya - Dattatreya, Durvasa and Soma - were born as partial representations of these three demigods. Atma is not in the category of the demigods or living entities because He is Visnu
- There are gradations of Brahman, and no one can deny this fact. Therefore the words atmesa-brahma-sambhavan indicate that Dattatreya was directly part and parcel of Visnu, whereas Durvasa and Soma were parts and parcels of Lord Siva and Lord Brahma