This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Dattatreya"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Among the other prabhavas, who are not very famous according to the material estimation, are Dhanvantari, Rsabha, Vyasa, Dattatreya and Kapila
- Anasuya, the wife of Atri Muni, gave birth to three very famous sons - Soma, Dattatreya and Durvasa - who were partial representations of Lord Visnu, Lord Siva and Lord Brahma
- Anasuya, the wife of Atri Rsi, bore three sons - Soma, Durvasa and Dattatreya. It is said that at the time of conception Anasuya was impregnated by the tears of Atri
- Another meaning of the word atma may be accepted in this way: the principle who is the Supersoul in every atma, or, one may say, the soul of everyone, became manifested as Dattatreya, because the word amsa, part and parcel, is used here - SB 4.1.15
- Are you one of those exalted, liberated saints such as Dattatreya and other highly advanced, learned scholars? May I ask whose disciple you are? Where do you live? Why have you come to this place? Is your mission in coming here to do good for us?
- Dattatreya was a partial representation of Lord Visnu, and Durvasa was a partial representation of Lord Siva
- Datyatreya, Prthu and Dhanvantari are yellowish; Lord Buddha is flesh colored; Yajna is bluish; Mohini is extraordinarily beautiful woman. There is no comparison to her beauty, so much so that Lord Siva is captivated by her beauty
- For the jnanis, the atheist Kapila, Vasistha, Durvasa, Dattatreya and other impersonalist philosophers are mahajanas. For the demons, Hiranyaksa, Hiranyakasipu, Ravana, Ravana's son Meghanada, Jarasandha and others are accepted as mahajanas
- From the partial representation of Brahma, the moon-god was born of them; from the partial representation of Visnu, the great mystic Dattatreya was born; and from the partial representation of Sankara (Lord Siva), Durvasa was born
- In Bhagavad-gita the individual souls are also described as parts of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, or Supersoul, so why not accept that Dattatreya was one of those parts
- In every yuga, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, assumes the form of great yogis such as Dattatreya to teach the system of mystic yoga
- The Lord became the son of the great sage Atri and became known as Dattatreya
- The Lord incarnated Himself as Dattatreya, the son of Rsi Atri and Anasuya
- The philosophy of the Buddha, the argumentative presentations of the jnanis, the yoga systems of Patanjali and Gautama, and the systems of philosophers like Kanada, Kapila and Dattatreya are dangerous creatures in the ocean of nescience
- The three sons born of Anasuya - Dattatreya, Durvasa and Soma - were born as partial representations of these three demigods. Atma is not in the category of the demigods or living entities because He is Visnu
- There (in the Laghu-bhagavatamrta) is also a description of twenty-five lila-avataras, namely Catuhsana (the Kumaras), Narada, Varaha, Matsya, Yajna, Nara-narayana Rsi, Kapila, Dattatreya, Hayagriva, Hamsa, Prsnigarbha, Rsabha, Prthu, Nrsimha, Kurma
- There are also lila-avataras, and these include (1) Catuhsana, or the four Kumaras, (2) Narada, (3) Varaha, (4) Matsya, (5) Yajna, (6) Nara-Narayana, (7) Kardami Kapila, (8) Dattatreya, (9) Hayasirsa, (10) Hamsa, (11) Dhruvapriya, or Prsnigarbha
- There are gradations of Brahman, and no one can deny this fact. Therefore the words atmesa-brahma-sambhavan indicate that Dattatreya was directly part and parcel of Visnu, whereas Durvasa and Soma were parts and parcels of Lord Siva and Lord Brahma