Category:Questions On... Consciousness
Pages in category "Questions On... Consciousness"
The following 105 pages are in this category, out of 105 total.
- Although we are conscious, our consciousness seems to be affected by different material arrangements... Is that simply the arrangement of the modes of nature?
- Am I conscious of... My body's being constantly changing?
- And that mental process, if you are working, is it a wrong mental process?
- Are there other paths to awareness of spirit consciousness other than the Krsna consciousness path?
- Are we to believe in that by chanting the holy name of Krsna that we can attain a higher conscious level on this earth and attain self-realization without going through all the rigors of the old Vedas, scriptures?
- Can the human consciousness transcend time?
- Can the living entity perceive the situation at this time, when he's being transferred from one body to another?
- Can we say that the living entity is present within the atom by consciousness?
- Consciousness is also subject to body's changes, change of body?
- Could you discuss the various levels on the way to bliss consciousness? What happens to the body and the mind as one approaches bliss consciousness?
- Did you mean to ask whether the ultimate state of consciousness is within us that has to be brought out? The dormant Krsna consciousness, is that...
- Different levels of consciousness?
- Do the animals have no consciousness of God?
- Do you see America getting more God consciousness?
- Does one attain a consciousness that is beyond words? Or, I dare say, is there a communication that is not the word itself but perhaps a vibration which is much like sound or sound itself? Is there something else beside the verbal? Talk?
- Does such a comet (comet Kohoutek) affect consciousness as well as matter?
- Does this (non-veg) food make effect on a human nature?
- During the time when the living entity is transferred from one body to another, is he always fully conscious of the subtle facts?
- He has understood from Bhagavad-gita that Krsna says that "As you approach Me, I present Myself." So in that sense can this movement be compared to also the consciousness of Christ, Christ consciousness
- He mentions the point, what is that urge? Why do I want to improve? What is that urge that makes me want to...
- He wants to know more about those who are asleep and those who are awake in our eyes. What is a sleeper and who is awake?
- He wants to know, is this consciousness within us (the soul means consciousness. It is just like sunshine. The soul is very small particle, but it is shining as consciousness)?
- How do you apply the concept of consciousness and life to a God conceived of in the terms like this image here?
- How do you awake that consciousness?
- I understand the principle of consciousness, but what is the exact meaning of the word "subconscious"?
- I'm trying to find out whether the consciousness lies within us, brought out...
- If Krsna is the supreme consciousness, then why isn't anything we do or anyone we follow following or doing Krsna consciousness?
- If we agree with Buddhist consciousness?
- If we define the definition what is living and what is non-living, so living means that contains consciousness. And the non-living, that has no consciousness?
- If you are to think about something, don't you first have to see that thing?
- In Krsna Book and Bhagavad-gita both, you explain there are five states of consciousness, beginning with annamaya, manomaya, pranamaya, like that. Do these states of consciousness manifest in different species of life?
- In other words, that my ancestors had left impressions in my brain from the time of my birth, how to react according to their experiences. Is this true, that there is a collective experience which is passed on?
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna tells Arjuna there's more than one method of attaining consciousness of Him, and those methods are suited to various types of people. I wonder if you consider that the chanting method is just one or whether it's the only one
- Is a seed conscious, Prabhupada?
- Is desire a function of consciousness?
- Is it by chance what you think of at the time of death or is... it dependent?
- Is it compulsory to have a full consciousness that he must shave his head?
- Is the 'conscience' the symptom of the Supersoul?
- Is the correct way of living merely a way of doing, actually, a sort of higher state of consciousness where you're experiencing something different to...?
- Is thinking a necessary function of the soul? He says, well for instance an oyster. How does he know whether or not an oyster thinks?
- Is your philosophy, your approach to consciousness, based on the Gita?
- It is also not because of the development of consciousness (that because the mother was naked in the childhood, therefore she should not put on any garment. This is nagna-matrka-nyaya. We change according to the circumstances)
- May I ask this, Swami, as you said after. Have you yourself reached the superconscious state, or the Christ consciousness state?
- Molecule has consciousness?
- My idea of God is on the consciousness of the whole world, of all that we could possibly envisage, its consciousness is, that's God, and we're the little bits of it. But would you tell me...?
- So is there some time that maybe somebody could stay here when he comes in that frame of consciousness?
- So the pain is experienced by the consciousness that is spread all over the body?
- So why don't we remember everything?
- Some people would say that the source of evil is individual consciousness, our consciousness as persons. Others would have other ways of answering. I was wondering how you yourself would say?
- Srila Prabhupada, are thoughts made of matter or spirit?
- Srila Prabhupada, if one's life is achieved by one's consciousness, how is it one cannot remember one's previous life?
- Srila Prabhupada, you mentioned three states of identification. One was like the animals. What was the other two?
- Srila Prabhupada? This idea that he was discussing, how we naturally have a tendency to possess something.... If I don't possess the state, I possess the body. Is this the disease?
- Swamiji, I want to question whether the Krsna consciousness is the same type of consciousness which is experienced by the devotees as that divine type of consciousness. Is it a divine consciousness?
- That desire is simple (he does not desire. He desires, and the matter helps. In the material world)?
- The Bhagavad-gita has stated that whatever one's consciousness is during his lifetime will be at the time of his death, and that will determine his next body. Now, one who is living very lustily during his lifetime, his mind will be on that body
- The body is matter, but still it is conscious as long as I am alive. So that means the life is consciousness?
- The body, or my form, it's pertaining to my consciousness, the development of my consciousness?
- The consciousness of those living cells are dependent on my consciousness?
- The pain is experienced by the consciousness that is spread all over the body?
- The plants have more consciousness, manifest consciousness, than aquatics?
- There are different way to express oneself or different languages one can learn. Similarly, I would think there would be different ways to get to consciousness? Other way?
- They would posit that there's a mental functioning going on, a thinking functioning going on that we're not conscious of. I think we don't agree with that. Is that correct? We say that there's one mind, sometimes mental impressions come that are stored...
- This also shows the eternal nature of the spirit soul? Because I'm conscious?
- This desire to accumulate money, is this just like annamaya stage?
- We say that there's one mind, sometimes mental impressions come that are stored... but in that storage area of the consciousness, there is no thinking going on there. Is that correct? The unconsciousness mind is not thinking like the conscious mind
- What about a notion or a concept? How does that come into being if it has never existed before?
- What can you do to still two voices inside yourself?
- What exactly takes place when consciousness becomes purified?
- What happens to his consciousness which he has achieved as a man during that time which he is in the animal kingdom?
- What if they die in coma? What if they die in deep unconsciousness?
- What is consciousness?
- What is the explanation of split-personality?
- What is the explanation, what is the reason for which there is a degradation of the human consciousness through the four ages?
- What is the first stage of transformation like in the consciousness after one discovers chanting Hare Krsna mantra?
- What is the meaning of this chanting? If we're chanting all day long, do we have to reach a certain consciousness?
- What is the purpose of this internal dialogue? Internal dialogue, we talk to ourselves all the time, we can't be silent.
- What part do they play when a person's reached this higher level of consciousness? Is it more pleasurable?
- What would you have us identify with? How would you have us identify?
- When I say Christ consciousness, to get your mind on the same level as the atoms, and on a higher level, beyond the atoms as pure spirit - are these two levels of consciousness?
- When somebody is dying and his external consciousness is completely absorbed in all kinds of terrible bodily symptoms, how is it that a devotee remembers Krsna? What is actually happening that he's able to remember Krsna?
- When we get the next body does our mind retain much of what is learned in the life before? At least the general principles? Or does it start all over again and live within that body and gain its knowledge through that body?
- Where is this consciousness of surrender come in human life? At what stage it can come?
- Whether dog knows that he is dog?
- While we are chanting our rounds, or while we are chanting out loud in kirtana, is it all right to be engaging our mind in thinking?
- Why or how could the personality or the individual jiva soul return to a lower life-form? That is to say, how could a greater experience regress to a lesser experience?
- Why shouldn't consciousness also be conserved?
- Will, willing something is more like desiring something, isn't it?
- Without the consciousness, what happens to the soul when the body dies?
- Would it not be better to say that the living entity is born with certain tendencies, rather than innate ideas, which carry over from a previous life?... And that he needs only meet with some stimulus in order for these tendencies to be manifest?
- Would you like to give your views on psychiatry?
- You don't think it's possible to stop willing?
- You say the chanting cleans the dust from the mirror of the mind. What does mirror mean? How does it mean mirror? What is it reflecting?
- You stated that the reason that we forget is that we change, the body changes. Now when we chant, we remember. I wish you could sort of elaborate on why we forget. I don't completely understand
- Your line is so very good in saying that the real evolution of man's mind has been his ability to produce more and more the functions of whatever the mind may be. We know what the brain is, but we don't know what the mind is?