differ | differed | differing | differs
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Differ"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- As doctors differ, so also sages differ in their different prescriptions for spiritual salvation
- As long as one has desires for sex, one must change his body and transmigrate from one body to another to enjoy sex in different species or forms. But although the forms may differ, the business of sex is the same
- Be master of something. It doesn't differ. Either you follow Lord Jesus Christ or Lord Buddha or Krsna, it doesn't matter much. But do it perfectly. That is our request
- Because they cannot enter into network stem of the lotus stem of the Lord, all material speculators differ in conclusions, and at the end they make a useless compromise by saying, "as many conclusions, as many ways," according to one's own inclination
- If the taste and character differ between the man and woman, their combination will be unhappy
- If the taste and character differ between the man and woman, their combination will be unhappy. Even about forty years ago, in Indian marriages, the taste and character of the boy and girl were first of all matched, and then they were allowed to marry
- In other places, the offenses (to Deity worship) are listed: (b) to introduce differing sastras, (c) to chew pan and betel before the Deity, (d) to keep flowers for worship on the leaf of a castor oil plant, (e) to worship the Deity in the afternoon
- Individually one's self may differ from others in certain qualities and may engage in different activities, such as those of a brahmana, ksatriya or vaisya
- It is said that every muni has a different angle of vision, and unless a muni differs from other munis, he cannot be called a muni in the strict sense of the term. Nasav rsir yasya matam na bhinnam
- Of all these, the forms that differ in dress and features are distinguished as vaibhava-vilasa
- On every planet, however, the span of life for a human being is roughly one hundred years. According to the life-spans on different planets, the standards of living also differ
- Ordinary people have to follow the instructions of sadhu, sastra and guru. Those statements made in the sastras and those made by the bona fide sadhu or guru cannot differ from one another
- Please therefore try to be sympathetic with any person even if they differ. The only qualification we have to scrutinize is if one is acting in Krishna Consciousness as far as one is able to do it
- Prahlada Maharaja was a great devotee of Lord Visnu, but his father was very much against Visnu. Because the father and son thus differed in their consciousness, the demon father inflicted all kinds of bodily pain upon Prahlada
- Since there must always be a difference of opinion between demons and devotees, Hiranyakasipu, when criticized by his son Prahlada Maharaja, should not have been surprised that Prahlada Maharaja differed from his way of life
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, “‘Dry arguments are inconclusive. A great personality whose opinion does not differ from others is not considered a great sage'"
- The Lord's abode, name, fame, entourage, etc., are of the same transcendental quality, and how this transcendental quality differs from the material world is explained herewith in this verse
- The materialistic way of life, without any information of God or the demigods, and the life engaged in the worship of demigods, in pursuit of temporary material enjoyments, are different phases of phantasmagoria
- The Sankhyites and yogis are both situated in that same Brahman, but they differ because of different angles of vision
- There are people in the Arabian deserts and in the valleys of the Himalayan Mountains, and the inhabitants of these two places differ from one another, just as the inhabitants of the ice lands also differ from them. There are also different planets
- These authorities (Vyasadeva and Sukadeva Gosvami), differ from modern scientists who conclude from their imperfect sensual experience that only this planet is inhabited by living beings whereas the other planets are all vacant or full of dust
- Typically, lawyers and physicians differ, giving one kind of instruction and then another. Due to the brahmanas' different opinions, Subuddhi Raya became further perplexed. He did not know what to do or what not to do