"Advaita Acarya"|Advaitacarya|"Advaita Prabhu"|Advaitacandra|"Sri Advaita"
- Advaita Ācārya
- disciple of Mādhavendra Purī
- spiritual master of Śrīnātha Paṇḍita
- husband of Sītā Ṭhākurāṇī
- father of Acyutānanda, Kṛṣṇa Miśra, Gopāla dāsa
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Caitanya and Advaita Acarya (241 P)
- ► God Is Lord Advaita Acarya (33 P)
Pages in category "Advaita Acarya"
The following 268 pages are in this category, out of 268 total.
- A big branch of Advaita Acarya was His son Acyutananda
- A devotee who has attained the title of gosvami but is not born of a brahmana father or of a gosvami in the family of Nityananda or Advaita Prabhu should not be artificially puffed up by thinking that he has become a gosvami
- According to this formula, the gosvamis who are descendants of Sri Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Prabhu are certainly devotees, but devotees coming from other families should not be discriminated against
- Actually Lord Caitanya appeared on the request of Lord Advaita. Similarly, Lord Siva has a sampradaya, the Rudra-sampradaya. He is always thinking about the deliverance of the fallen souls, as exhibited by Lord Advaita Prabhu
- Acyutananda, the thirty-fifth devotee, was the son of Advaita Acarya. He also lived with Lord Caitanya, taking shelter of His lotus feet at Jagannatha Puri
- Advaita Acarya accused Nityananda Prabhu, saying, "You can eat ten to twenty manas of rice. I am a poor brahmana. How shall I get so much rice"
- Advaita Acarya and others began to chant the holy name of Lord Nrsimha and sprinkle water. The roaring of the chant was so great that it seemed to shake the entire universe
- Advaita Acarya begged to be initiated by Madhavendra Puri. After initiating Him, Madhavendra Puri started for South India
- Advaita Acarya chanted various mantras, but Gopala did not come to consciousness. Thus all the Vaisnavas present cried in sorrow at His plight
- Advaita Acarya considered the meaning of the verse in this way: "Not finding any way to repay the debt He owes to one who offers Him a tulasi leaf and water, Krsna thinks, 'There is no wealth in My possession that is equal to a tulasi leaf and water'
- Advaita Acarya continued, "By My great fortune You have just come to My home. Please do not juggle words. Just begin eating and do not talk"
- Advaita Acarya Gosani led the party from Bengal. He was followed by Acaryaratna, Acaryanidhi, Srivasa Thakura and other glorious devotees
- Advaita Acarya Gosvami is an incarnation of the Lord as a devotee. His loud calling was the cause for Krsna's incarnation
- Advaita Acarya had confidence in the sastric evidence and did not care about social customs. The Krsna consciousness movement, therefore, is a cultural movement that does not care about local social conventions
- Advaita Acarya is a separate expansion of Him. He always engages in devotional service with His thoughts, words and actions
- Advaita Acarya jokingly said, "My dear Nityananda, I invited You, and indeed I have received the results. You have no fixed caste or dynasty. By nature You are a madman"
- Advaita Acarya Prabhu became very unhappy. Taking His son on His lap, He began to chant the Nrsimha mantra for his protection
- Advaita Acarya replied, "I shall never again invite another sannyasi, for it is a sannyasi who has spoiled all My brahminical smrti regulations"
- Advaita Acarya replied, "My dear Haridasa, do not be afraid. I shall behave strictly according to the principles of the revealed scriptures"
- Advaita Acarya replied, "Sir, You are a mendicant traveling on pilgrimage. Sometimes You eat fruits and roots, and sometimes You simply go on fasting"
- Advaita Acarya said, "feeding you is equal to feeding ten million brahmanas. Therefore, accept this sraddha-patra." Thus Advaita Acarya made him eat
- Advaita Acarya said, "Just sit down here on these seats." Catching Their hands, He sat Them both down
- Advaita Acarya said, "My dear friends, what shall I say? Today I have received the highest transcendental pleasure. After many, many days, Lord Krsna is in My house"
- Advaita Acarya said, "Please do not give up whatever I have already given You. Now, whatever I am giving, You may eat half and leave half"
- Advaita Acarya said, "You are a reject paramahamsa, and You have accepted the renounced order of life just to fill up Your belly. I can understand that Your business is to give trouble to brahmanas"
- Advaita Acarya saw the entire world to be engaged in activities of material piety and impiety, without a trace of devotional service, or Krsna consciousness, anywhere
- Advaita Acarya then explained that at that spot the Ganges and Yamuna flow together. On the western side was the Yamuna, and on the eastern side was the Ganges
- Advaita Acarya then held a festival that lasted two or three days. Thereafter, they all made a firm decision to go to Jagannatha Puri
- Advaita Acarya thought: "If Sri Krsna were to appear as an incarnation, He Himself could preach devotion by His personal example"
- Advaita Acarya took prasadam with Mukunda and Haridasa, and they all wholeheartedly ate as much as they desired
- Advaita Acarya was always absorbed in thoughts of how to deliver the fallen souls of the entire world. "The entire world is full of nondevotees," He thought. "How will they be delivered"
- Advaita Acarya was always absorbed in thoughts of how to deliver the fallen souls of the entire world. "The entire world is full of nondevotees," He thought. "How will they be delivered?"
- Advaita Acarya would walk behind the Lord and loudly chant "Haribol! Haribol!" again and again
- Advaita Acarya's very confidential servant named Kamalakanta Visvasa knew all the dealings of Advaita Acarya
- Advaita Acarya, although a grhastha, was initiated by Madhavendra Puri, and many devotees born in caste brahmana familes were initiated by Sri Rasikananda (a disciple of Sri Syamananda Prabhu), although Rasikananda was not born in a brahmana family
- Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Srivasa Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Svarupa Damodara, Murari Gupta, Haridasa Thakura and all the other devotees of Sri Krsna Caitanya - bowing down with devotion, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) hold their lotus feet on my head
- Advaita Acarya, My spiritual master, should never accept charity from rich men or kings, because if a spiritual master accepts money or grains from such materialists his mind becomes polluted
- Advaita Acarya, Nityananda Prabhu and all the other devotees showed their causeless mercy to Rupa Gosvami by embracing him in return
- Advaita Gosvami after performing the sraddha ceremony for his father, offered charity to Haridasa Thakura, although it was known to everyone that Haridasa Thakura was born in a Mohammedan family, not a brahmana family
- Advaita Prabhu asserted that by offering the first dish to Haridasa Thakura, he was getting the result of feeding one hundred thousand brahmanas
- Advaita Prabhu continued, "At My home I have just cooked one palmful of rice. The vegetables are always very simple. There is no luxurious cooking - simply a little liquid vegetable and spinach"
- Advaita Prabhu's aspiration was to be a servant of the Lord, not His spiritual master. He therefore devised a plan to antagonize the Lord
- Advaita was prepared to talk with any learned brahmana on this point and prove definitely that by offering food to a pure devotee like Haridasa Thakura, He was equally as blessed as He would have been by offering food to thousands of learned brahmanas
- After accepting the sannyasa order, I decided to go to Vrndavana, but You took Me instead to the house of Advaita Prabhu
- After describing the branches and subbranches of Advaita Acarya, I shall now attempt to describe some of the descendants of Sri Gadadhara Pandita, the most important among the branches
- After saying this, Nityananda Prabhu took a handful of rice and threw it on the floor in front of Him, as if He were angry
- After sending Acaryaratna to the house of Advaita Acarya, Sri Nityananda Prabhu went before Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and gave notice of His coming
- After staying at Sri Advaita's house in Santipura for some time, the Lord (Caitanya) narrated the story of Madhavendra Puri to Nityananda Prabhu, Jagadananda Prabhu, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda dasa
- After that, Nityananda Prabhu continued, "I shall go to Advaita Acarya's house, and you should go to Navadvipa and return with mother Saci and all the other devotees"
- All glories to Advaita Acarya, who is very merciful! All glories to the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who are always overwhelmed by transcendental bliss
- All glories to Advaita Prabhu, the incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead! He induced Krsna to descend and thus delivered the entire world
- All the devotees of Kulina-grama and Sri Khanda, as well as Advaita Acarya, came together to meet Sivananda Sena
- All the devotees offered respectful obeisances at the lotus feet of Advaita Acarya, and in return Advaita Acarya embraced them all
- All the eatables were first cooked by the wife of Advaita Acarya. Then Srila Advaita Acarya personally offered everything to Lord Visnu
- Although brahmanas are not the rich men of society, Advaita Acarya, being the leader of the brahmanas in Santipura, was considerably well-to-do
- Although he (Ananta Acarya) was among Advaita Acarya's followers, he later became an important devotee of Gadadhara Gosvami
- Amongst the various vegetables (cooked by Advaita Acarya's wife, Sita) were newly grown leaves of nimba trees fried with eggplant. The fruit known as patola was fried with phulabadi, a kind of dhal preparation first mashed and then dried in the sun
- As His associate Nityananda, He is the first expansion of God; as Advaita, He is an incarnation; as Gadadhara, He is the internal potency; and as Srivasa, He is the marginal living entity in the role of a devotee
- As the Lord proceeded along the bank of the Ganges, Sri Nityananda Prabhu requested Acaryaratna (Candrasekhara Acarya) to go immediately to the house of Advaita Acarya
- At first all the followers of Advaita Acarya shared a single opinion. But later they followed two different opinions, as ordained by providence
- At that time Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu, in His own house at Santipura, was dancing in a pleasing mood. Taking Haridasa Thakura with Him, He danced and loudly chanted Hare Krsna. But why they were dancing, no one could understand
- At that time Sri Advaita was earnestly worshiping Him. Advaita attracted Him with His loud calls
- At the beginning, Svarupa Damodara came forward and garlanded Advaita Acarya. Govinda next came and offered a second garland to Advaita Acarya
- At the top of the tree the trunk branched into two. One trunk was named Sri Advaita Prabhu and the other Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- At this time Srila Advaita Acarya said, "Please do not be angry. I speak the truth. I shall know that You are a cowherd boy only if You can wheel this rod about"
- Baladeva, Laksmana, Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Lord Sesa and Lord Sankarsana taste the nectarean mellows of the transcendental bliss of Lord Krsna by recognizing Themselves as being His devotees and servants
- Because He is nondifferent from Hari, the Supreme Lord, He is called Advaita, and because He propagates the cult of devotion, He is called Acarya. He is the Lord and the incarnation of the Lord’s devotee. Therefore I take shelter of Him - CC Adi 1.13
- Because He is nondifferent from Hari, the Supreme Lord, He is called Advaita, and because He propagates the cult of devotion, He is called Acarya. He is the Lord and the incarnation of the Lord’s devotee. Therefore I take shelter of Him - CC Adi 6.5
- Being a reservoir of all auspicious attributes, Sri Advaita Acarya is all-auspicious for the world. His characteristics, activities and name are always auspicious
- Being very much pleased by Nityananda Prabhu's behavior, Sivananda Sena began to arrange residential quarters for all the Vaisnavas, headed by Advaita Acarya
- Bhagavata Acarya, Visnudasa Acarya, Cakrapani Acarya and Ananta Acarya were the sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth branches of Advaita Acarya
- But Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu felt pained to see all the people without Krsna consciousness simply merging in material sense enjoyment
- By loud cries He invited Krsna to appear, and this repeated invitation attracted Lord Krsna to descend
- Even though Haridasa was born of a Muhammadan family, Advaita Prabhu offered him the first dish of prasada after the performance of a sacred fire ceremony
- Everyone was chanting the holy names of Hari and dancing. In this way the domicile of Advaita Acarya was converted into Sri Vaikuntha Puri
- Everyone was very pleased, and they all gathered together at the house of Advaita Acarya
- First Advaita Acarya offered prayers to the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord immediately embraced Him in ecstatic love
- First Advaita Acarya said, "I am sitting in line with an unknown mendicant, and because I am eating with Him, I do not know what kind of destination is awaiting Me"
- For nine days, nine chief devotees, headed by Advaita Acarya, got an opportunity to invite the Lord to their homes
- From the main trunk there extend two special branches, Advaita Prabhu and Sri Nityananda Prabhu, and from those branches grow other branches and twigs. The tree surrounds the entire world
- Haridasa Thakura accepted food daily at the house of Advaita Acarya. Meeting together, the two of them would taste the nectar of discourses on the subject matter of Krsna
- Haridasa Thakura informed him (Advaita Prabhu) that he was born of a Muhammadan family and asked why Advaita Prabhu was offering the first dish to a Muhammadan instead of an elevated brahmana
- Haridasa Thakura later left Candapura and went to the house of Advaita Acarya, where he was tested by Mayadevi, the personification of the external energy. She also received his favor by being blessed with the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Haridasa Thakura said, "My dear Advaita Acarya, let me submit something before Your Honor. Every day You give me alms of food to eat. What is the necessity of this"
- Haridasa Thakura was unhappy when he heard that the brahmana Gopala Cakravarti had been attacked by leprosy. Thus after informing Balarama Acarya, the priest of Hiranya Majumadara, he went to Santipura, the home of Advaita Acarya
- He (Advaita Acarya) helps in the pastimes of the purusa, with whose material energy and by whose will He creates innumerable universes
- He appealed to Sri Krsna with loud calls and thus made it possible for Krsna to appear
- He has established Advaita Acarya as an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. There is nothing wrong in this, for He is indeed the Lord Himself
- He is such a great personality that by His mercy He can convert even the meat-eaters (mlecchas) to the devotional service of Krsna. Who, therefore, can estimate the power of His Vaisnavism
- He is the spiritual master of all devotees and is the most revered personality in the world. By a combination of these two names, His name is Advaita Acarya
- He is unparalleled in His understanding of all the revealed scriptures and the devotional service of Lord Krsna. Therefore He is called Advaita Acarya
- He liberated the universe by preaching sankirtana. Thus the people of the world received the treasure of love of Godhead through the mercy of Sri Advaita
- He then met all the other devotees, headed by Advaita Acarya, and gave them the prasadam of Jagannatha. After staying for one month, he took permission from mother Saci to leave
- Headed by Sivananda Sena, Advaita Acarya and others, all the devotees assembled in Navadvipa
- His elders such as Lord Nityananda, Advaita Acarya and Srivasa Thakura, as well as His other devotees - whether His juniors, equals or superiors - are all His associates who help Him in His pastimes. Lord Gauranga fulfills His aims with their help
- His natural emotions were always on the platform of fraternity and servitude, but the Lord sometimes treated Him as His spiritual master
- I (Krsnadas Kaviraja) cannot describe the truth of Advaita Acarya. He has delivered the entire world by making Lord Krsna descend
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) offer my respectful obeisances to Sri Advaita Acarya, whose activities are all wonderful. By His mercy, even a foolish person can describe His characteristics
- I am a poor brahmana, and You have come to My home. Please be satisfied with whatever little food You have received and give up Your greedy mentality
- I have already described Caitanya's deliverance of the Mayavadi sannyasis in the Seventh Chapter of the Adi-lila, when I described the glories of the Panca-tattva - Sri Caitanya, Sri Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu, Gadadhara Prabhu and Srivasa
- I offer my obeisances ten million times to the lotus feet of Sri Advaita Acarya. Please do not take offense at this
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto Advaita Prabhu, the ocean of mercy, and to all the devotees, such as Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, Gadadhara Pandita, Sri Rupa Gosvami and Sri Sanatana Gosvami
- If one hears the activities of the Lord at the house of Advaita Acarya, he will certainly very soon attain the riches of love of Krsna
- In each of the seven groups was a principal dancer, such as Advaita Acarya or Lord Nityananda
- In his Anubhasya Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Prabhupada says that Bhagavata Acarya was formerly among the followers of Advaita Acarya but was later counted among the followers of Gadadhara Pandita
- In one group Nityananda Prabhu began to dance, and in another group Advaita Acarya began to dance
- In the accounts of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's dancing in front of the car during the Ratha-yatra festival, Acyutananda's name is to be found many times. It is stated that in the party of Advaita Acarya from Santipura, Acyutananda was dancing
- In the form of Advaita He infuses the material ingredients with creative energy. Therefore, Advaita is the original cause of creation
- In the front party danced Thakura Haridasa, and in the middle party danced Advaita Acarya with great jubilation
- In the house of Advaita Acarya, all the Vaisnavas took pleasure in always talking of Krsna, always worshiping Krsna and always chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- In the morning, after regular duties were completed and the Lord was chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, the people accompanied Sacimata to the house of Advaita Acarya
- In the Third Chapter I (Krsandasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described the Lord's acceptance of the renounced order and how He enjoyed His pastimes at the house of Advaita Acarya
- In these meetings of the Vaisnavas, Advaita Acarya used to recite the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam, decrying the paths of philosophical speculation and fruitive activity and establishing the superexcellence of devotional service
- In this way, at Advaita Acarya's house all the devotees met and passed some days together in a greatly festive mood
- Indeed, He said, "Although I am invited to eat by Advaita Acarya, today also is a fast. So small a quantity of food will not fill even half My belly"
- Indeed, Sri Advaita Acarya's invitation is another wonderful story. It has been very vividly described by Vrndavana dasa Thakura
- Indeed, They began chanting the holy name of Krsna on that very spot, and in this way, dancing and dancing, Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu reached Jagannatha Puri
- Indirectly this indicates Lord Caitanya, who is accompanied by His associates Nityananda, Advaita and others. That is the process of performing yajna in this age
- Isavatarakan refers to acaryas like Advaita Prabhu
- It did not matter that he (Haridasa Thakura) was born in a family which was not following the Vedic rules and regulations. Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Advaita Prabhu accepted him as an authority because he was offenselessly chanting the name of the Lord
- It is said that during the advent of Lord Caitanya, Sadasiva appeared as Advaita Prabhu, and Advaita Prabhu's chief concern was to elevate the fallen conditioned souls to the platform of devotional service to Lord Krsna
- It is said that He (The Lord) accepts offerings to the mouths of brahmanas and Vaisnavas with even greater relish. The best example of this is found in the life of Advaita Prabhu in his dealings with Haridasa Thakura
- It is the practice that after finishing the sraddha ceremony, one should offer food to an elevated brahmana. But Advaita Prabhu offered food first to Haridasa Thakura, who had taken his birth in a Muhammadan family
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Advaita Acarya, who is very merciful, and also to that great personality Gadadhara Pandita, the learned scholar
- Let us offer our respectful obeisances to Isvara Puri, Nityananda Prabhu, Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu, Srivasa Pandita and Sri Gadadhara Pandita
- Lokanatha Pandita, Murari Pandita, Sri Haricarana and Madhava Pandita were the thirty-third, thirty-fourth, thirty-fifth and thirty-sixth branches of Advaita Acarya
- Lord Nityananda gave Advaita Acarya His remnants to situate Him on the same platform and make Him a pure unalloyed Vaisnava or paramahamsa
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Acarya accepted a sannyasi as their spiritual master, namely Madhavendra Puri, who was a disciple of Laksmipati Tirtha
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu replied, "Whatever I may be, You have invited Me. Therefore You must supply as much as I want to eat"
- Lord Nityananda's very features indicate that He is the subduer of the unbelievers. All sins and unbelievers flee from the loud shouts of Advaita Acarya
- Lord Visnu, in His efficient aspect, glances over the material energy, and Sri Advaita, as the material cause, creates the material world
- Madhavendra Puri had two principal disciples, Isvara Puri and Sri Advaita Prabhu
- Madhavendra Puri, Isvara Puri, Srimati Sacimata and Srila Jagannatha Misra all appeared with Sri Advaita Acarya
- Maha-Visnu performs all the functions for the creation of the universes. Sri Advaita Acarya is His direct incarnation
- Many respectable devotees, headed by Advaita Acarya, make a great endeavor to entrust me with varieties of food for You
- May Rupa Gosvami, by Your mercy, become so powerful that he will be able to describe the transcendental mellows of devotional service
- Mother Saci and all the devotees headed by Advaita Prabhu are all very unhappy due to not receiving news about Your return from Your South Indian tour
- Mukunda, Narahari, Raghunandana and all the others came from Khanda to Advaita Acarya's home to accompany Him to Jagannatha Puri
- My dear Sir, Your behavior is uncommon. Indeed, sometimes I am afraid to speak to You. But please favor me by protecting me from the behavior of society
- My name, 'Advaita,' will be fitting if I am able to induce Krsna to inaugurate the movement of the chanting of the holy name
- Nandini, Kamadeva, Caitanya dasa, Durlabha Visvasa and Vanamali dasa were the tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth and fourteenth branches of Sri Advaita Acarya
- Nevertheless, My mind has become purified because I have associated with Advaita Acarya, who is directly the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Nityananda Prabhu immediately refuted Srila Advaita Acarya, saying, "You are a teacher of impersonal monism, and the monistic conclusion is a great hindrance to progressive, pure devotional service"
- Nityananda Prabhu replied, "These are the remnants of food left by Lord Krsna. If You take them to be ordinary remnants, You have committed an offense"
- Not only do the householder caste gosvamis disrespect the title gosvami, but also, following the principles of the smarta Raghunandana, they exhibit great foolishness by burning a straw image of Advaita Acarya in a sraddha ceremony
- On the bank of the Ganges, in a solitary place, Advaita Acarya made a cavelike home for Haridasa Thakura and spoke to him about the real meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad-gita in terms of devotional service
- One day shortly after Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was born, Advaita Acarya's wife, Sitadevi, who is worshipable by the whole world, took her husband's permission and went to see that topmost child with all kinds of gifts and presentations
- One day Vallabha Bhatta said to Advaita Acarya, "Every living entity is female (prakrti) and considers Krsna her husband (pati)"
- Other preparations (cooked by Advaita Acarya's wife, Sita) included eggplant mixed with newly grown nimba leaves fried together, light badi, fried patola and fried rounds of squash and pumpkin
- Out of his humbleness, Haridasa condemned himself a Muhammadan, but Advaita Prabhu, being an experienced devotee, accepted him as a real brahmana
- Saying this, Advaita Prabhu dances and loudly sings. Then at the next moment He quietly sits down
- Seeing the activities of the world, the Acarya felt compassion and began to ponder how He could act for the people's benefit
- Seeing the condition of the world, He began to think seriously of how all these people could be delivered from the clutches of maya
- Seeing the lunar eclipse and laughing, Advaita Acarya and Haridasa Thakura immediately went to the bank of the Ganges and bathed in the river in great jubilation
- Seven devotees - Advaita, Nityananda, Haridasa Thakura, Vakresvara, Srivasa Thakura, Raghava Pandita and Gadadhara Pandita - formed seven groups and began dancing. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chanting "Haribol!" wandered from one group to another
- Similarly, although Advaitacarya is the Lord, He appeared just to distribute the knowledge of Krsna consciousness. Thus He is also the Lord incarnated as a devotee
- Simply by remembering the names of all these branches and subbranches of the three trunks I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described (Nityananda, Advaita and Gadadhara), one attains freedom from the entanglement of material existence
- Since Advaita Acarya's invitation has been described by Vrndavana dasa Thakura, I shall not repeat the story. But I shall say that other devotees also extended invitations to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Since He has no other occupation than to teach devotional service, His name is Advaita Acarya
- Since He is a limb or part of the lotus-eyed Supreme Lord, He also bears the name Kamalaksa
- Since people were engaged in useless occupations which would continue their material existence, Lord Siva, in the form of Lord Advaita, appealed to the Supreme Lord to appear as Lord Caitanya to deliver these illusioned souls
- Sir, You are living within a society of great, great brahmanas and aristocrats, but without fear or shame You adore a lower-class man like me
- So speaking, Advaita Acarya performed congregational chanting with great pleasure for three hours that night and danced all the time
- Some of the disciples strictly accepted the orders of the acarya, and others deviated, independently concocting their own opinions under the spell of daivi-maya
- Sri Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu sat side by side, and when prasadam was being distributed They engaged in a type of mock fighting
- Sri Advaita Acarya and Srila Nityananda Prabhu, who are plenary parts of the Lord, are His principal associates. With these two the Lord performs His pastimes in various ways
- Sri Advaita Acarya is a plenary part of that purusa and so is not different from Him. Indeed, Sri Advaita Acarya is not separate but is another form of that purusa
- Sri Advaita Acarya is the principal limb of the Supreme Lord. His truths, names and attributes are all wonderful
- Sri Advaita Acarya then smeared the bodies of the Lords with sandalwood pulp and then placed very fragrant flower garlands on Their chests
- Sri Advaita is a plenary portion of Narayana
- Sri Advaita is the principal limb (anga) of Narayana. Srimad-Bhagavatam speaks of "limb" (anga) as "a plenary portion" (amsa) of the Lord
- Sri Advaita Prabhu was the second big branch of the tree. There are many subbranches, but it is impossible to mention them all
- Sri Advaita Prabhu would also place a flower garland around the Lord's neck and tulasi flowers (manjaris) on His head. Then, with folded hands, Advaita Acarya would offer obeisances and prayers unto the Lord
- Sri Advaita, who is a reservoir of virtues, is the main limb of Maha-Visnu. His full name is Advaita, for He is identical in all respects with that Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu introduced Sanatana Gosvami to these and other selected devotees: Advaita Acarya, Nityananda Prabhu, Srivasa Thakura, Vakresvara Pandita, Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta, Raghava Pandita, Damodara Pandita, Paramananda Puri
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then ordered Sri Gopala, the son of Advaita Acarya, to dance
- Sri Caitanya's mother met Him at the house of Advaita Prabhu, and when she saw her son in sannyasa dress, she lamented
- Sri Gopala was another son of Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu. Now just hear about his characteristics, for they are all very wonderful
- Sri Madhavendra Puri had many renowned disciples, such as Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu and Isvara Puri. Isvara Puri happened to be the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sri Nityananda Gosani is directly Haladhara (Lord Balarama), and Advaita Acarya is the Personality of Godhead Himself
- Sri Svarupa Damodara was very dear to Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, and he was the life and soul of all the devotees, headed by Srivasa Thakura
- Sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda sri-advaita gadadhara srivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrnda means Krsna complete. Just like when we speak of a king, "king'' does not mean king is alone
- Srila Advaita Acarya Prabhu appeared as an incarnation of a devotee. He is in the category of Krsna, but He descended to this earth to propagate devotional service
- Srila Advaita Acarya Prabhu thought, "If Krsna Himself appears in order to distribute the cult of devotional service, then only will liberation be possible for all people"
- Srila Advaita Acarya sets the standard for acaryas in the Vaisnava sampradaya
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu continued, "If You invite at least one hundred sannyasis to Your home and feed them sumptuously, Your offense will be nullified"
- Srinatha Pandita, one of the disciples of Advaita Prabhu, was the spiritual master of the third son of Sivananda Sena, who was known as Paramananda Kavi-karnapura
- Srivatsa Pandita, Haridasa Brahmacari, Purusottama Brahmacari and Krsnadasa were the twenty-fifth, twenty-sixth, twenty-seventh and twenty-eighth branches of Advaita Acarya
- Svarupa Damodara informed Him, "Govinda was the servant of Isvara Puri. He is very highly qualified"
- Taking advantage of the occasion of the lunar eclipse, Advaita Acarya, by His mental strength, distributed various types of charity to the brahmanas
- The actions of Sri Advaita Prabhu give tangible proof of inconceivable nondualism. One who therefore surrenders unto Sri Advaita Prabhu can easily follow the philosophy of inconceivable simultaneous dualism and monism
- The descendants of Advaita Acarya who accepted the path of Sri Acyutananda were all great devotees
- The Eleventh Chapter describes the branch called Sri Nityananda Prabhu. The Twelfth Chapter describes the branch called Sri Advaita Prabhu
- The favor You have shown Kamalakanta is so great that even to Me You have never shown such favor. What offense have I committed at Your lotus feet so as not to be shown such favor?
- The fifth branch of Advaita Acarya was Sri Yadunandana Acarya, who had so many branches and subbranches that it is impossible to write of them
- The first sporting took place between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, who threw water upon each other. Advaita Acarya was defeated, and He later began to rebuke Nityananda Prabhu, calling Him ill names
- The glory and attributes of Advaita Acarya are unlimited. How can the insignificant living entities fathom them?
- The inhabitants of Kulina-grama - Satyaraja, Ramananda and all the other devotees there - came and joined Advaita Acarya
- The next two verses describe the truth of Advaita Prabhu, and the following verse describes the Panca-tattva (the Lord, His plenary portion, His incarnation, His energies and His devotees)
- The note also mentioned that Advaita Acarya had recently incurred a debt of about three hundred rupees that Kamalakanta Visvasa wanted to liquidate
- The original bhakta-avatara is Sankarsana. Sri Advaita is counted among such incarnations
- The other sons of Advaita Acarya were Sri Balarama, Svarupa and Jagadisa
- The second son of Advaita Acarya, Krsna Misra, had two sons, Raghunatha Cakravarti and Dola-govinda. The descendants of Raghunatha still live in Santipura, in the neighborhoods of Madana-gopala-pada, Ganakara, Mrjapura and Kumarakhali
- The Sixth Chapter considers the truth of Advaita Acarya. He is an incarnation of Maha-Visnu
- The son of Advaita Prabhu named Gopala fainted during kirtana, and when he did not come to his senses, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu favored him by awakening him
- The word advaita means "nondual," and His name is such because He is nondifferent from the Supreme Lord
- Then Advaita Acarya took mother Saci within the house. The Lord was immediately ready to meet all the devotees
- There (among the preparations cooked by Advaita Acarya's wife, Sita) was also a preparation known as kusmanda-manacaki
- There are multifarious branches and subbranches of Advaita Acarya. It is very difficult to enumerate them fully. I have simply given a glimpse of the whole trunk and its branches and subbranches
- There is no need for any other devotional songs or chants for Lord Caitanya's Advent Day; simply chant Hare Krishna, with Kirtana or beads, & sing the prayer "Sri Krishna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, SriVasadi, Gaura Bhaktavrinda"
- There was another party (for the Ratha-yatra) that came from Santipura and was formed by Advaita Acarya. Acyutananda was the dancer, and the rest of the men were singers
- Thereafter the Lord delivered love of Krsna to His mother, Sacidevi, nullifying her offense at the feet of Advaita Acarya. Thus there was a meeting with Advaita Acarya, who later had a vision of the Lord's universal form
- These preparations - paida, sweet rice, cakes made with cream, and also amrta-gutika, manda and a pot of camphor - have been given by Advaita Acarya
- These two captains, with Their soldiers such as Srivasa Thakura, travel everywhere, chanting the holy name of the Lord
- They (Advaita Acarya and others) offered eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, and fried patola
- They (Advaita Acarya and others) offered pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, sugar candy, two or four kinds of spinach and soup made with bitter melon
- They (Advaita and others) offered soup made with bitter melon, eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, and fried patola
- They are all mad with that happiness, and they know nothing else
- Thinking of the lotus feet of Sri Krsna, He constantly offered tulasi buds in water from the Ganges
- This year I shall personally go to Bengal and meet all the devotees there, headed by Advaita Acarya
- Thus all the devotees of Kulina-grama and Sri Khanda, as well as Advaita Acarya, came together to meet Sivananda Sena
- Thus by His causeless mercy the full moon, Gaurahari, rose in the district of Nadia, which is compared to Udayagiri, where the sun first becomes visible
- Thus I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have briefly described the three branches (Acyutananda, Krsna Misra and Gopala) of Sri Advaita Acarya's descendants
- Thus I expounded the Yoga-vasistha, which considers liberation the ultimate goal of life. For this the Lord became angry at Me and treated Me with apparent disrespect
- Thus in two verses I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described the truth concerning Advaita Acarya. Now, O devotees, please hear about the five truths (panca-tattva)
- Thus the Lord liquidates the debt by offering Himself to the devotee. Considering in this way, the Acarya began worshiping the Lord
- To make Me a madman like Yourself, You have thrown the remnants of Your food at Me. You did not even fear the fact that I am a brahmana
- When Advaita Acarya began to dance, Nityananda Prabhu began dancing behind Him. Haridasa Thakura, being very pleased, also began dancing behind Him
- When Advaita Acarya heard this statement from His five-year-old son Acyutananda, He felt great satisfaction because of his conclusive judgment
- When everything was arranged, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu circumambulated His mother and then started for Jagannatha Puri. In the house of Advaita Acarya there arose tumultuous crying
- When Govinda offered his obeisances by falling down flat before Advaita Acarya, Advaita Acarya asked Svarupa Damodara about his identity, for He did not know Govinda at that time
- When he saw that the whole world was jubilant, Haridasa Thakura, his mind astonished, directly and indirectly expressed himself to Advaita Acarya
- When Madhavendra Puri arrived at the house of Advaita Acarya in Santipura, the Acarya became very pleased upon seeing the ecstatic love of Godhead manifest in Madhavendra Puri
- When Raghunatha dasa met all the devotees, Advaita Acarya showed him great mercy
- When Raghunatha dasa was there, Advaita Acarya favored him by giving him the food remnants left by the Lord. Raghunatha dasa was thus engaged for five or seven days in rendering service to the Lord's lotus feet
- When the boy did not regain consciousness after some time, Advaita Acarya and the other devotees began to cry
- When they all arrived at Remuna, they went to see Lord Gopinatha. In the temple there, Advaita Acarya danced and chanted
- When two or four pieces of the thrown rice touched His body, Advaita Acarya began to dance in various ways with the rice still stuck to His body
- While all of them danced, Gopala, dancing and dancing, fainted and fell to the ground unconscious
- While He was thinking about how to propitiate Krsna by worship, the following verse came to His mind
- Who can describe the unlimited glories of Advaita Acarya? I write here as much as I have known from great authorities
- Why has Sri Advaita been called a limb and not a part? The reason is that "limb" implies greater intimacy
- With His body He worshiped the Lord by offering Ganges water and tulasi leaves, and by preaching devotional service He delivered the entire universe
- With the exception of Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Acarya, Svarupa Damodara, Brahmananda Bharati and Paramananda Puri, everyone was engaged in filling the waterpots and bringing them there
- With this consideration, Advaita Acarya Prabhu, promising to cause Lord Krsna to descend, began to worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, with tulasi leaves and water of the Ganges
- Yadava dasa, Vijaya dasa, Janardana dasa, Ananta dasa, Kanu Pandita and Narayana dasa were the nineteenth, twentieth, twenty-first, twenty-second, twenty-third and twenty-fourth branches of Advaita Acarya
- Your dancing and distributing charity are very pleasing to me. I can understand that there is some special purpose in these actions
- Your glories are as fathomless as millions of oceans and seas. Speaking of its measure is a great offense indeed