rough | roughest | roughly | roughness
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Crude (3 C, 21 P)
Pages in category "Roughness"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- A rough estimate is that the Gita was spoken at least 120,400,000 years ago; and in human society it has been extant for two million years
- Although the path was very rough, they (the cows) ran toward their calves (Krsna's calf expansions) with great anxiety, each running as if with one pair of legs - SB 10.13.30
- Because the Personality of Godhead and His expanded bodies are always full of knowledge, bliss and eternity, they are always free from the eighteen kinds of material contaminations
- Before the birth of Manu, the Gita was spoken by the Lord to His disciple, the sun-god Vivasvan, a rough estimate is that the Gita was spoken at least 120,400,000 years ago; and in human society it has been extant for two million years. BG 1972 purports
- By rough calculation it is estimated that Srila Rupa Gosvami finished Sri Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu in Gokula Vrndavana in the year 1552
- If one's heart is highly elevated, grave and magnanimous, or if one's heart is rough and crude, different symptoms of ecstatic love will appear, influenced by the condition of the heart
- If the mother has selected another husband in the presence of her grown-up children, she is considered to be an enemy; if a wife does not live well with her husband but deals very roughly, then she is an enemy; and if a son is a fool, he is also an enemy
- It (the Bhagavad-gita) was respoken by God again to Arjuna about five thousand years ago. That is the rough estimate of the history of the Gita, according to the Gita itself and according to the version of the speaker, Lord Sri Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- On every planet, however, the span of life for a human being is roughly one hundred years. According to the life-spans on different planets, the standards of living also differ
- On reaching the Bay of Bengal, there is tilting of the ship & little rolling also. The roughness increased gradually on the upper Bay of Bengal & I felt sea sickness. There was vomiting tendency & dizziness and I felt uncomfortable the whole day & night
- One night while kirtana was going on inside Srivasa's house, a brahmana named Gopala Capala, the chief of the nonbelievers, who was talkative and very rough in his speech, placed all the paraphernalia for worshiping the goddess Durga outside his door
- The cows were so melted with affection for the calves that they did not care about the rough path from the top of Govardhana Hill down to the pasturing ground. They approached the calves with their milk bags full of milk, and raised their tails upwards
- The eighteen material contaminations - illusion, fatigue, errors, roughness, material lust, restlessness, pride, envy, violence, disgrace, exhaustion, untruth, anger, hankering, dependence, desire to lord over the universe, seeing duality and cheating
- The king of all kings, Maharaja Prthu, leveled all rough places on the surface of the globe by breaking up the hills with the strength of his bow. By his grace the surface of the globe almost became flat
- When insignificant persons use rough words to cast false, angry accusations against saintly persons, their fruitless words do not disturb the great personalities
- When the Lord boy Krsna was absent from the village, the gopis at home used to worry about Him traversing the rough ground with His soft lotus feet
- With the inauguration of the autumn season the rough sea becomes calm and quiet, just like a philosopher after self-realization, who is no longer troubled by the modes of nature