This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Religion Means..."
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- According to Sanskrit, the dharma, the word dharma, that is translated into "religion," and religion means a kind of faith. But it is not like that. It is a science to understand your real identification
- Action in accordance with the Vedic principles is called religion. Religion means following the orders of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Actual religion is that God is one and religion means the orders, the law given by God. That's all. Simple definition. Just like state is one, government is one, and to become good citizen means to abide by the laws of the government. That's all
- I have already explained that our idea of religion means that like the sugar, it must be sweet. It is not that in Europe sugar is not sweet, in India it is sweet. Sugar, wherever it is, it is sweet. Similarly, the spirit soul is the same everywhere
- I have already explained what is meaning of religion. Religion means to render service to God. If you do not render service to God, that is not religion; that is cheating
- If somebody says that "I am introducing this religious process," that is nonsense. Nobody will be interested. But if God gives you law, just like the state gives you law, one has to accept. So religion means to accept the order of God. That is religion
- In the Srimad Bhagavad-gita we find that religion means devotional service, or Krsna consciousness. Krsna says, "Give up all other religious principles and simply become a soul surrendered unto Me." This is religion
- On principle there cannot be two religions because God is one and religion means the words of God
- One religion, Vedic religion. Vedic religion means to accept the Supreme Personality of Godhead as the Supreme Person Absolute Truth. This is Vedic religion. Those who have read Bhagavad-gita, it is said there in the Fifteenth Chapter
- Real religion means to know God, our relation with Him and our duties in relation with Him and to know ultimately our destination after leaving this material body
- Religion can be performed by a person who has full conception of God. Without God, religion is a farce. That is not religion. Religion means you must have obligation to God, you must have clear conception of God
- Religion does not mean stamping in different way. Religion means to know God the great and we are subordinate, maintained by God. This is religion
- Religion does not mean that you stamp some stereotype religion, "I am Christian," "I am Hindu," "I am Muslim," "I am Buddhist," and then fight. That is not religion. That is fanaticism. Religion means how one has become devoted to God
- Religion means abiding by the orders of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If one is not qualified to talk with Him and take lessons from Him, how can one understand the principles of religion
- Religion means abiding by the orders of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Religion means by following the system one will become a great lover of God, or Krsna. That is religion
- Religion means enacted by God. God is one. So not that God makes one kind of religion for one kind of person and another kind of religion for another person
- Religion means how to awaken the normal condition, to become lover of God
- Religion means how to get that eyes, how to get that hand, how to get that leg, so that I can appreciate God. That should be the process of human civilization. Not that how I can compete with tiger, how I can compete with cats and dogs
- Religion means surrendering unto God, or Krsna. That is religion. If there is no such principle... Surrendering unto God, that is religion. Not the rituals. Rituals are superficial
- Religion means the characteristic. Characteristic... You cannot change your characteristic. In whatever circumstances you may be, the characteristic will continue. That is the meaning of religion
- Religion means the law given by God. That is religion
- Religion means the law which is given by God, and if you follow, then your life is successful. This is religion. Religion is not that concocted, you manufacture some religion. That is not religion
- Religion means the natural sequence of life
- Religion means the science of God. It is not a sentiment; it is science. So if you want to know that science...
- Religion means to abide by the laws of the Supreme. That is religion. It doesn't matter whether it is Christian religion or Muhammadan religion or Hindu religion
- Religion means to find out the supreme controller who is forcing everything. That is religion. That is stated in the dictionary. Religion is not some sentiment, some ritualistic ceremony. No. This inquiry about the supreme controller
- Religion means to serve the Supreme Lord, that is religion. Anything which has no such idea, that is not religion. Then again (you) have different types of religion, how far they are making progress with, on that ultimate goal, serving Krsna
- Religion means when one understands Krsna, or God, he understands automatically that all living entities are Krsna's part and parcels. Some way or other, they have been put into this maya
- Religion means, according to Vedic sastra, dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam(SB 6.3.19): "Religion means the law given by God." It is very simple. But if you do not know what is God, and if you do not know what law He has given, then where is religion?
- Science must be based on logic and philosophy. Science means that. And religion means sometimes sentiments. So religion without philosophy is sentiment, and philosophy without religion is mental speculation. Both must be combined
- So many so-called incarnation of God, they come for money, for beautiful wife, and many followers. So that is not wanted. That is not religion. Religion means without wanting all these things
- That religion was manifested from the place where the Personality of Godhead is personally situated is very significant because religion means devotional service to the Personality of Godhead, as confirmed in Bhagavad-gita as well as the Bhagavatam
- The saintly sages herein (in SB 4.14.15) instruct that the king or head of government should set an example by living a religious life. As stated in Bhagavad-gita, religion means worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Today you are Muslim. Tomorrow you can become Christian. You can change your faith. But that is not religion. Change of faith or accepting some faith, that is not religion. Religion means which you cannot change
- We cannot give instruction in other religions but we can very nicely explain the basic principles of religion. So if you take that job in teaching the basic principles of religion, that is very nice, but religion means to abide by the order of God
- We misunderstand the meaning of religion. Religion (is) generally understood as a kind of cult and faith. But in the Vedic literature, religion means the characteristic