This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Banasura"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A demon named Vatsasura entered among the calves and was killed, and another asura, in the shape of a big duck, was also killed
- All the strings of his (Banasura's) bows had been broken, and there was no chariot or driver, so he had no alternative but to return to his city. He lost everything in the battle
- Among them were the following demons: Namuci, Sambara, Bana, Vipracitti, Ayomukha, Dvimurdha, Kalanabha, Praheti, Heti, Ilvala, Sakuni, Bhutasantapa, Vajradamstra, Virocana, Hayagriva, Sankusira, Kapila, Meghadundubhi, Taraka, Cakradrk, Sumbha, Nisumbha
- Aniruddha knew, however, that his would-be father-in-law (Banasura) was not at all pleased and that he was gathering many soldiers in the palace to attack him
- Banasura and his company of soldiers saw that the boy (Aniruddha) was standing before them just like the superintendent of death with his invincible rod
- Banasura had a very beautiful daughter, whose name was Usa
- Banasura heard that the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty were attacking the whole city, tearing down various walls, gates and nearby gardens. Becoming very angry, he immediately ordered his soldiers, who were of equal caliber, to go and face them
- Banasura knew various arts of fighting, and by the grace of Lord Siva he knew how to arrest his enemy by the use of a naga-pasa, snake-noose, and thus he seized Aniruddha as he came out of the palace
- Banasura saw his daughter (Usa) and Aniruddha as a suitable match, yet for family prestige he did not like the combination at all. Banasura could not understand who the boy actually was
- Banasura was shocked to understand that his daughter Usa was no longer a virgin maiden. This weighed heavily on his heart, and without delay he rushed toward the palace where Usa was living
- Banasura was struck with wonder that, even in his presence, Aniruddha was peacefully sitting in front of Usa
- Banasura was very angry. When Banasura saw him, Aniruddha was engaged in playing with Usa. Aniruddha was nicely dressed, and Usa had garlanded him with various beautiful flowers
- Being baffled at not finding a match, I (Banasura) satisfy the itching of my arms by beating them against the mountains. In this way, I tear many great mountains to pieces
- By the grace of Lord Siva, Banasura had one thousand arms, and he became so powerful that even demigods like King Indra were serving him most obediently
- He (Banasura) always waited for the day when the suitable fighter would come to cut down his strength. He was such a foolish demon
- He (Banasura) appreciated the fact that Usa could not have selected anyone in the three worlds more beautiful. Aniruddha's complexion was brilliant and swarthy
- He (Banasura) saw that Usa and Aniruddha were sitting together and talking. They looked very beautiful together, Aniruddha being the son of Pradyumna, who was Cupid himself
- He (Banasura) was very intelligent and liberal also, and his activities are all praiseworthy because he never deviated from his promise and word of honor; he was very truthful & fixed in his vow. In those days, he was ruling over the city of Sonitapura
- He (Narada) explained how Aniruddha had been carried to the city of Sonitapura, the capital of Banasura's empire, and how Banasura had arrested him with the naga-pasa, even though Aniruddha had defeated his soldiers
- Kamsa said, "You (Akrura) may know also that Sambara, Narakasura and Banasura are my intimate friends, and when I begin this war against the kings who support the demigods, they will help me considerably. Surely I shall be rid of all my enemies"
- Kamsa, protected by his father-in-law, Jarasandha, and with the help of his demoniac friends - Pralamba, Baka, Canura, Trnavarta, Aghasura, Mustika, Bana and Bhaumasura, Arista, Dvivida, Putana, Kesi, Dhenuka, Salva, began oppressing the Yadu dynasty
- King Bali had one hundred sons, and the eldest of all of them was Banasura
- Long ago, when Lord Siva was dancing in his celebrated fashion called tandava-nrtya, for which he is known as Nataraja, Banasura helped Lord Siva in his dancing by rhythmically beating drums with his one thousand hands
- Lord Balarama smashed Banasura's commander in chief, Kumbhanda, with the strokes of His club. Kupakarna was also wounded in this way, and both he and Kumbhanda fell on the battlefield, Kumbhanda being fatally wounded
- Lord Siva realized that his benediction had become troublesome for Banasura and addressed him, "You rascal! You are very eager to fight, but since you have no one to fight with, you are distressed"
- Lord Siva was so kind to Banasura that he personally came as the commander in chief of the military force, assisted by his heroic sons Karttikeya and Ganapati. Nandisvara, Lord Siva, seated on his favorite bull, led the fighting against Krsna & Balarama
- Narada also cited instances wherein demons like Ravana and Banasura were enriched with great opulences simply by satisfying Lord Siva with prayers
- Not finding any other weapon, Aniruddha took hold of a big iron rod and stood up before Banasura and his soldiers. He firmly took a posture indicating that if attacked he would strike all of the soldiers down to the ground with the iron rod
- Offering his respectful obeisances, Banasura said, "My dear lord (Siva), anyone who has not fulfilled his ambition will be able to do so by taking shelter of your lotus feet, which are just like a desire tree from which one can take anything he desires"
- Once upon a time, Banasura came to offer his respects to Lord Siva. By touching the lotus feet of Lord Siva with his helmet, which was shining like the sun globe, he offered his obeisances unto him
- She (Usa) awoke from her dream exclaiming very loudly, "My dear beloved, where are you?" Being exposed to her friends in this way, she became a little bit ashamed. One of Usa's girlfriends was Citralekha, who was the daughter of Banasura's prime minister
- Siva said: At that time your (Banasura) days will come to an end, and your flag of victory will no longer fly. Then you will see your false prestige smashed to pieces
- Sometimes I (Banasura) feel a great tendency to fight with my arms, and I go out to find a suitable warrior. Unfortunately, everyone flees, knowing my extraordinary power
- The caretakers (of Usa) cautiously informed their master that Usa was showing symptoms indicating a disgraceful association
- The demigod Aparajita fought with Namuci, and the two Asvini-kumara brothers fought with Vrsaparva. The sun-god fought with the one hundred sons of Maharaja Bali, headed by Bana, and the moon-god fought with Rahu
- The housekeeper and the guards of the palace could guess very easily that she was having relations with a male friend, and without waiting for further developments, all of them informed their master, Banasura
- The non-Krsna conscious persons utilize everything for sense gratification, and Banasura is a perfect example of such a person. For his own satisfaction he was very eager to utilize his extraordinary power to fight
- The servants were so careful that a male could not even see what was going on there, & so they were surprised that she (Usa) had become contaminated. Since they could not trace out the reason for it, they submitted the whole situation before their master
- This great hero Banasura, born of Maharaja Bali, was a great devotee of Lord Siva and was always ready to render service unto him. Because of his devotion, Banasura achieved a great position in society, and he was honored in every respect