"internal potency"|"internal potencies"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Internal Potency"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- According to His need, the Lord sometimes exhibited one form and sometimes many. This was being executed by His internal potency
- After the SPG impregnates material nature with His internal potency, material nature delivers the sum total of the cosmic intelligence (Hiranmaya). This takes place in material nature when she is agitated by the destinations of the conditioned souls
- Although all three potencies - namely internal, external and marginal - are essentially one in the ultimate issue, they are different in action, like electric energy, which can produce both cold and heat under different conditions
- Although His (Krsna) energies are innumerable, they can be divided into three principal categories: the internal potency, the marginal potency and the external potency
- Bali said, "Even demigods cannot calculate the expanse of the activities of Your internal potency, so how is it possible for us to know it"
- By His (God's) spiritual energy He reveals Himself. It is stated in Bhagavad-gita (BG 4.6), sambhavamy atma-mayaya. Atma-mayaya means "internal potency
- By the influence of this internal potency, Yogamaya, all the residents of Kamsa’s palace, especially the doorkeepers, were overwhelmed with deep sleep, and all the palace doors opened, although they were barred and shackled with iron chains
- In each and every change of Manu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead appears by manifesting His internal potency in different incarnations, as Manu and others. Thus He maintains the universe by discovered power
- In the above-quoted verse from Bhagavad-gita, the words daivim prakrtim refer to the control of the internal potency, or pleasure potency, of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In the Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that He appears by His internal potency, which is free from the bondage of the external potency. What is bondage for the ordinary creature is freedom for the Personality of Godhead
- In the material world, the external potency can act only after one endeavors at great length, but when the Supreme Lord desires, everything is performed automatically by the internal potency
- Indeed, the Personality of Godhead forgot Himself in the course of His transcendental pastimes, but His internal potency (lila-sakti), knowing the intentions of the Lord, made all arrangements
- Manifestations of the internal potency are the reality, of which the material shadow is only a temporary representation from which everyone with proper knowledge must be detached
- Manifested internal potency is real
- Mother Yasoda, by the grace of the Lord, could understand the real truth. But then again, the supreme master, by the influence of the internal potency, yogamaya, inspired her to become absorbed in intense maternal affection for her son Krsna - SB 10.8.43
- O Vidura, who can estimate or measure the transcendental time, work and potency of the gigantic form manifested by the internal potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- One who has a poor fund of knowledge cannot understand this distinction between the external and internal potencies. In Bhagavad-gita, the internal potency is described as the para prakrti
- Since this suddha-sattva (Transcendental) existence is under the direct action of the internal potency, in this state the activities of material consciousness stop
- Sometimes the activities of the internal potency are exhibited in the material world. In fact, all the activities of material nature are actually performed by the inconceivable energies of the Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is always accompanied by His plenary expansion Sri Nityananda Prabhu, His incarnation Sri Advaita Prabhu, His internal potency Sri Gadadhara Prabhu and His marginal potency Srivasa Prabhu. He is in the midst of them as the SPG
- Sri Saunaka said: Although He is unborn, the Supreme Personality of Godhead took birth as Kapila Muni by His internal potency. He descended to disseminate transcendental knowledge for the benefit of the whole human race
- Sri Vyasadeva says herein that the manifested internal potency is real, whereas the external manifested energy in the form of material existence is only temporary and illusory like the mirage in the desert
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is a narration dealing with the svarupa (form) of the Lord, which is manifested by His internal potency. This potency is distinguished from the external potency, which has manifested the cosmic world within our experience
- Such influence manifests the three qualitative modes of material nature, proving definitely that the living entities, the marginal potency, are eternally servitors of the Lord and are therefore controlled by either the internal or the external potency
- The activities in the spiritual sky are manifested by the internal potency in pure spiritual existence. They expand in six transcendental opulences, which are all manifestations of Maha-sankarsana
- The brahma-jyotir is the covering of the internal potency. May You kindly remove this glowing effulgence that impedes my seeing Your sac-cid-ananda-vigraha, Your eternal form of bliss and knowledge
- The external and marginal potencies are so called under various conditions, but in the original, internal potencies there are no such conditions, nor is it possible for the conditions of the external potency to exist in the marginal, or vice versa
- The internal devotees or potencies are all eternal associates in the pastimes of the Lord
- The Katha Upanisad (2.2.15) also confirms that in the spiritual world there is no need of sunshine, moonshine or stars (na tatra suryo bhati na candratarakam), for the whole spiritual sky is illuminated by the internal potency of the Supreme Lord
- The living entities constitute the marginal potency, and they are situated between the internal and external Potencies
- The living entities who are expanded by His internal potency are eternally liberated persons, whereas those who are expanded in terms of the material energies are eternally conditioned souls
- The living entity who enjoys the interaction of the above gross and subtle ingredients, as set up by eternal time, is an offshoot of internal potency, with freedom to remain either in the material world or in the spiritual world
- The Lord and His incarnation are fully independent and can appear anywhere and everywhere by virtue of the internal potency
- The Lord lay down for four thousand yuga cycles in His internal potency, and by His external energy He appeared to be sleeping within the water
- The Lord's pastimes in the internal potency are displayed in His activities in Vrndavana, but His external potential works are directed in His features of Karanarnavasayi Visnu, Garbhodakasayi Visnu and Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- The parts and parcels of the internal potency which react in contact with the external potency are called the marginal potency, or the living entities
- The qualities in Vaikuntha are a manifestation of God’s internal potency, and therefore they are purely spiritual and transcendental, with no trace of material infection
- The spiritual potency of the Lord is manifested in three phases - the internal or spiritual potency, the marginal potency, which consists of the living entities, and the external potency, known as maya-sakti
- The spiritual sky, where the kingdom of God is situated, is the manifestation of His (Krsna) internal potency.
- The Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, is always the benefactor of the surrendered souls. His activities are always enacted through His internal potency, Rama, or the goddess of fortune
- This "oneness with the Supreme" is called kaivalyam by the monist. But according to Patanjali, this kaivalyam is an internal, or transcendental, potency by which the living entity becomes aware of his constitutional position
- This "oneness with the Supreme" is called kaivalyam by the monist. But according to Patanjali, this kaivalyam is an internal, or transcendental, potency by which the living entity becomes aware of his constitutional position. BG 1972 purports
- This citi-sakti, or internal potency, is transcendental. BG 1972 purports
- This external energy is also displayed in the three modes of goodness, passion and ignorance. Similarly, the internal potency is also displayed in three spiritual modes - samvit, sandhini and hladini
- This sandhini-sakti of the internal potency maintains and manifests all the variegatedness of the spiritual world
- We must understand that in each of these three phases (the internal or spiritual potency, the marginal potency and the external potency) the original spiritual potencies of pleasure, eternity and knowledge remain intact
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced, He forgot Himself and was simply absorbed in ecstatic bliss. But His internal potency arranged everything perfectly. This is the difference between the internal and external potency
- When the three worlds were submerged in water, Visnu was alone, lying on His bedstead, although He appeared to be in slumber in His own internal potency, free from the action of the external energy, His eyes were not completely closed
- You (The Supreme Lord) have descended to this earth by the use of Your own internal potency, yogamaya, and to reestablish the Vedic principles of life You have appeared just like an ordinary human being
- You appear on this earth by Your internal potency to protect Your devotees and destroy the miscreants. By such an appearance You reestablish the principles of eternal religion, which human society forgets by long association with the material energy