Pages in category "Vaitarini Ocean"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Material existence is compared herein to the great ocean of nescience. Another name of this ocean is Vaitarani. In that Vaitarani Ocean, which is the Causal Ocean, there are innumerable universes floating like footballs
- Since the Vaitarani River is compared to a great ocean, it is named bhava-sagara, the ocean of repeated birth and death. Spiritual life aims at stopping this repetition of birth and death and entering into the spiritual world
- Some people say that this (the northern bank of the Vaitarani River) was one of the capital cities of King Yayati and that from the name Yayati-nagara the name Yajapura has come. As stated in the Mahabharata - Vana-parva, Chapter 114
- The place called Yajapura is very well known in Orissa. It is a subdivision of the Kataka district and is situated on the southern side of the Vaitarani River
- There is a river called Vaitarani, and on one side of this river is the material world, and on the other side is the spiritual world
- There is a river known as Vaitarani between the material and spiritual worlds, and one must cross this river to reach the other side, or the spiritual world. This is an extremely difficult task