Sadhu, Sastra and Guru
"Sadhu, Sastra and Guru" | "Sadhu, Sastra. And Guru" | "Sadhu, Sastra, Guru" | "Sadhu Sastra Guru" | "Sadhu, Guru and Sastra" | "Sadhu Guru Sastra" | "the sadhus, the sastra and the guru"| "Sastra, Guru, Sadhu" | "Sastra, Guru, and Sadhu" | "from sastra, from guru and from sadhu" | "sastra and the sadhu and guru"
- "Sadhu Sastra Guru"@10
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Sadhu, Sastra and Guru"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- A sadhu is he who talks in terms of scripture. Similarly, guru is he who talks in terms of scripture. Guru cannot manufacture words which is not in the scriptures. And that is not scripture which does not tally with the words of guru and sadhu
- Accepting the guidance of these three (guru, sadhu and sastra) is the actual way of following the great personalities (mahajanas) for real advancement in life (mahajano yena gatah sa panthah) - CC Madhya 17.186
- As far as we know from sadhu-guru-sastra. That's all. That is our understanding
- As stated by Narottama dasa Thakura, sadhu-sastra-guru: one has to test all spiritual matters according to the instructions of saintly persons, scriptures and the spiritual master
- If philosophical speculation is directed by Sastra and Guru, and if the goal of such philosophical attempts is to achieve Visnu, then that philosophical speculation is not mental speculation
- In essence the grhastha should be engaged in occupational duties advised by the spiritual master and sastra. Specifically a grhastha should engage in agricultural activities to earn money
- Narottama dasa Thakura advises, sadhu-sastra-guru-vakya, hrdaye kariya aikya. The meaning is that one must consider the instructions of the sadhu, the revealed scriptures and the spiritual master in order to understand the real purpose of spiritual life
- Narottama dasa Thakura says, sadhu-sastra-guru-vakya, cittete kariya aikya: “One should accept as one’s guide the words of the sadhus, the sastra and the guru”
- Narottama dasa Thakura, a great devotee and acarya in the Gaudiya Vaisnava-sampradaya, says that all spiritual activities should be understood from three sources, namely saintly persons, standard scriptures and the spiritual master
- One should speak to the general populace in accordance with one's predecessors - sadhu, guru and sastras. This simple process is the easiest method by which one can glorify the Lord
- Ordinary people have to follow the instructions of sadhu, sastra and guru. Those statements made in the sastras and those made by the bona fide sadhu or guru cannot differ from one another
- Sadhu, sastra and guru act as the representatives of Krsna, and the Krsna consciousness movement is also taking place all over the universe. Whoever takes advantage of this opportunity becomes liberated
- Sadhu, sastra, guru: saintly person, association of saintly person, acceptance of bona fide spiritual master, and faith in the scriptures. That's all. Then your carriage will be going nicely
- Sadhu-sastra-guru-vakya tinete kariya aikya. Our process is deductive, not inductive. We take knowledge, just like this Srimad-Bhagavatam written by Vyasadeva under the instruction of his guru, spiritual master, Narada
- Sravana is very important; one must hear from the Vaisnava sadhu, guru and sastra
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura says, sadhu-sastra-guru-vakya, cittete kariya aikya. One should accept a thing as genuine by studying the words of saintly people, the spiritual master and the sastra
- Suppose you want to know who is a spiritual master. Then you have to test whether he's speaking just like other saintly persons and whether he's following scriptures. Sadhu sastra
- The citizens will be free to act as they like, without respect for sadhu, sastra and guru
- The most important process (of devotional service) is hearing (sravanam) from the guru, sadhu and sastra-the spiritual master, the saintly acaryas and the Vedic literature. Sadhu-sastra-guru-vakya, cittete kariya aikya
- The sastric injunctions are confirmed by great sages like Narada Muni. As stated by Narottama dasa Thakura: sadhu-sastra-guru-vakya, cittete kariya aikya
- The statements of the revealed scriptures correspond to those of the bona fide spiritual master and saintly persons. One must therefore act with reference to these three important sources (sadhu-sastra-guru-vakya) of understanding
- The ultimate purpose of Veda is to understand Krsna. - Vedais ca sarvair aham eva vedyam (BG 15.15). So Krsna or the sadhu and sastra does not stop your material activities. Because you have to act materially so long you have got this material body
- This Krsna consciousness movement is giving chance to everyone to hear from the authoritative sources, from the sastra. Sadhu sastra guru
- We have to accept the authority of sastra, guru and sadhu. So those who are sadhu, they accept Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- We have to make it confirmed in three ways. What we hear from the sadhus, we shall have to consult whether these things are spoken in the sastras. And whether the statements or sastras are confirmed by guru, by the direct spiritual master
- We should not take lessons of God from these rascals. We should take lessons of God from sastra, from guru and from sadhu -- one who has seen God, tattva-darsina