Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Karma - Action and Reaction
Pages in category "Questions On... Karma - Action and Reaction"
The following 137 pages are in this category, out of 137 total.
- According to karma (varieties of the body, according to the mentality)?
- All activities done for sake of Krsna or God are the real...
- All that karma is erased as soon as he surrenders to Krsna?
- Also based on karma, that one man is meant to have more than another of material things? Is that an argument against...?
- And a devotee is acting, but he's not getting any mental impression? From his activities?
- And karma-yoga then (so you can perform bhakti-yoga by fighting, by cooking, by going to the office, everything, if that purpose is for Krsna. That is bhakti-yoga. Is it clear)?
- And your actions are perfect actions (we are giving knowledge from Bhagavad-gita. This is perfect knowledge. You take it; you become perfect)?
- At the time of death, soul goes with the actions, the past?
- Bacteriology, study of germs. So Srila Prabhupada, the reason one person gets a disease from a germ and another person doesn't get a disease, it is karma?
- Because scientists cannot enter into the actual activity on the moon planet, technically, according to Bhagavata, they have not reached there?
- Being capable of action, is that a good definition of substance?
- Being in these modes determines your karma, is that correct?
- Body is finished and atma is emerged. So, what, why the atma suffers next generation for the deeds done by the body in this life?
- But doesn't bondage give the incentive to live (good bondage, but it is bondage, after all. If you are prisoner, first-class prisoner or third-class prisoner, you are prisoner)?
- But is this force (nature is forcing) irrational and blind? This is what he thinks
- But the intelligence is awarded from... Intelligence, according to the individual, is awarded according to pious activities?
- But then what is the action for the... Practical action, practical... (when there is no more people following their sva-dharma)
- But what is the meaning of akarma?
- But when I surrender my karmas to Almighty... Then those karmas don't affect...?
- Devotees, do we get sick because of our bad actions in the past?
- Did you say once that sometimes Krsna will let you work off some of your karma in a dream (indistinct)?
- Do mental sinful activities cause a bad reaction?
- Do most human beings fall down into the animal species?
- Do we have to liberate ourselves from karma in order to achieve Krsna?
- Do you feel diseases and sickness? Is this a result of your past karma?
- Do you, in your creed, do you believe in metempsychosis, that is the soul going through one form of life and then if it lives badly, the person lives badly, it comes back in another form and so on? Do you believe in the metempsychosis?
- Does a man then stop judging his actions (if the physician says that you take this medicine in such and such dose, you don't do this, and do this. If I follow, then I'm cured, perfect)?
- Does karma-yoga mean to follow exactly the sastras?
- Does one become elevated by following the karma-yoga principles only?
- Does that (they think catching fish is great sport, great fun) mean that the people that catch the fish have to also become fish?
- He wants to know does the ant receive benefit (if a devotee step on a ant by mistake)?
- He wants to know how can we live in this material world without becoming entangled?
- How can the world survive when people forget their karma and immerse themselves in Krsna consciousness? Won't it lead to inaction and a stand-still condition?
- How do we take the meaning of earthquakes and natural disasters which could destroy the lives of pure people as well as impure people?
- How does transcendental knowledge burn to ashes the reactions of sinful...
- How far is samskara powerful like...?
- How is it benefiting (to automatically pass through all the different species) him (the living entity)?
- How is it that people who have done some pious activity, they get a nice birth in this statement, but usually people who are not wealthy or not so educated, sometimes they more or less take to worshiping Krsna or God?
- How one can supremely control all conditions that would free one from karmic reaction? How could they control the environment?
- I was just wondering how one would be able to see who was acting in a certain way unless they were first engaged in something? They have to be doing some activity... so you can see what kind of quality they have
- I've been told then that we can have no more karmic reactions from our actions
- If a man says, "I am giving you this donation because it is a spiritual organization," but if the money is misused, does that man benefit?
- If by our karma we desire a certain type of body but they create all the bodies to be the same, how is that? But men are tampering with the bodies.
- If I was to remove myself from karmic influences, would our souls be the same or different?
- If one accepts initiation from a bona fide spiritual master but continues to perform material activities, are they still bound by the karma?
- If one has fallen so far that he has taken the body of a fly or a mosquito, can he still return to Krsna?
- If somebody lives an evil life but prays to become rich, they may still become rich?
- If there is God, how can there be suffering and disease
- If they desire to commit sinful activities and before they became monkeys, but then they were doing it then. So whilst they're monkeys their desire must change. Or is it forced, that change forced upon them by the mercy of Krsna?
- If we be the parcels of God, then what about prarabdha? We are suffering from pain and pleasure...
- If we've been here lifetime after lifetime performing impious activities, does it mean that we have to be here lifetime after lifetime performing pious activities to balance out our sinful reactions?
- If you have misused the energy of the past and go on with the results of your misuse, are you still responsible for those forms?
- In Krsna consciousness isn't knowledge rather than faith the basis for action?
- In Krsna consciousness, are the actions of the jiva similarly controlled by Krsna's superior energy?
- In New Zealand we have a situation where the main industry is killing animals... Why is there such a nice atmosphere, nice rain?... Is that that they are innocent and they do not know and so Krsna is not punishing them so much?
- In our literature we find Krsna has some transcendental pastimes of anger, but that He does not, it is man's own reaction activities, that bring upon destruction. How are these two...?
- In punishing the intelligence of man, does he know the right from the wrong according to the karma? Does man have to pay one way to others in different forms of life?
- In the Bhagavad-gita I think you have references such as Arjuna being told not to become attached to the fruit of his actions, but act. Can you give us some idea of the principles which would guide one's action while trying to develop Krsna consciousness?
- In the fish body will he have to suffer for all his other sinful activities also?
- In the Krsna conscious scheme there is also active struggle and activity?
- In what way is God concerned with the moral or immoral actions of man? Is God indifferent to them, or has He simply set the laws of nature in motion and allowed men to follow their own course and reap the fruit of their own karma?
- Is it possible to carry out that enquiry (about God) while you're engaged in activities?
- Is it that a man becomes a man after the death?
- Is it the spirit soul which is desiring or is it just karma?
- Is that (one who comes to Krsna consciousness, his karma is also changed) karma dovetailed?
- Is that (the indians have no equal rights in South Africa) also effected through karma maybe, Swamiji?
- Is that special arrangement that they seem to be impoverished? Say like the villagers, they're not very wealthy.
- Isn't that a rather negative way to look at the work (that is knowledge, that is knowledge. When a prisoner understands that "This hammering business is not my real business, it is my punishment")?
- It is not (an accident) determined even by karma?
- It is said that the karma-kanda in the Vedas has almost gone out of use, except for a few rites which remain in vogue for marriage, sraddhas, etc. Is it advisable to revive the karma-kanda with its stress on the performance of various yajnas?
- It's true that people are getting disease and sicknesses as the result of their past activities, pious or sinful. Why is it that it appears that when there is a flu many people are inflicted with that flu? Practically everyone, indiscriminately
- Perhaps thoughts are more important than actions?
- Prabhupada, are the laws of karma written?
- Prabhupada, in case, for example some scientist makes a change, like if the scientist comes and cuts off my hand, that's also my karma. In that way he's not making a change. Everything that is happening is God's plan?
- Prabhupada, when a living entity is in an animal body, and when he quits his body, there's no karma, he's just automatically promoted to a higher body?
- Prabhupada? For every animal except the cow, you said, like a..., does a person have to pay off a one-to-one ratio for the animal killed? He just has to come back one time for, like, killing a goat? Is it just one time then, instead of many times?
- Prahlada Maharaja, his father becomes a demon, and he has to fight Nrsimha. That means it is the karma of a previous life, and he's praying. Or is it understood that he'll get the protection? So why this prayer?
- Pure bhakti and karma-yoga considered to be exactly the same?
- Should the young American faced with the war in Vietnam go forth to Vietnam realizing that the slayer and the slain are one and that all this slaughter, just slaughter karma, and follow the way of the sage
- So all those sinful activities of these people have been eradicted now by saying Hare Rama?
- So by our behavior (indistinct) will determine what sort of body we will get when we return?
- So do you mean to say that Krsna is also karma-bound?
- So faith comes from previous pious activities?
- So I have no other goal but to have the phala of past karmas. Or can I change my fate?
- So is the spirit soul implicated in that decision in any way, or is it simply the three modes of material nature working?... So how is the spirit soul involved in it? Is the spirit soul choosing, or is the decision already made by his karma?
- So just by becoming first-class men you can go to the heavenly planets?
- So practicality has to be judged on the result, what is the result of that action?
- So the service that we offer now, are we going to get it back in another life?
- So there's no end to the samsaras?
- So what determines the different varieties of dogs and cats if they are just automatically being...?
- Srila Prabhupada, I heard you ask earlier... You say that by... Animals, they have no inferior act. So after death, what kind of birth will they get?
- Srila Prabhupada, is it true that our advancement in devotional services... Is it influenced a lot by our past karma, how many sinful activities we have committed?
- Srila Prabhupada, regarding karma. One does his job every day, and if he spends some time in the evening chanting Lord Krsna, do you approve this?
- That (our karma) is manifest sometimes in disease on your body?
- The activities of the lazy intelligent are jnana-vijnana?
- The activities of the materialistic man, then, no matter what he does, he will develop another material body for it. Is that right, Srila Prabhupada?
- The different varieties of suffering within the animal species are due to the different varieties of sinful activities in the human life?
- The good man gets a better body or a good body?
- The karmi and the jnani are both within the material world. Is the jnani considered more elevated than the karmi?
- The population of human being that is increasing, is it due to these wild animals and other they have done good deeds, so they are coming up as a human being?
- There is a preordained karma that says some human being should come into existence or some spirit soul should take some body. How can you reconcile this birth control with that?
- This suffering comes from our sinful activities?
- Was he (Lord Buddha) preaching karma-kanda?
- Well, then could not we say that by man's activity, then, things are happening?
- Well, then they'll say, "Well, if you see somebody suffering, then why do anything about it, if it just what they..." They will say, "Why? If that's what they deserve, why try to stop it?"
- What about for a child, a newly born baby. Are they born into a material body because of their parents' bad doings?
- What about the cows that they slaughter? Do they have to continue in a cow birth?
- What determines our fortune?
- What I'm asking is how to bring the karma-yoga, the action, to transform the society, bring back into the...?
- What is karma?
- What is the difference between karma-yoga and bhakti-yoga?
- What is the difference between karma-yoga and... or bhakti because they also (indistinct) Krsna?
- What is the meaning of the giving up of the fruition of action?
- What is the use of action?
- What is vikarma?
- What would happen to the people that killed Christ on the cross? Very bad, it seems
- What's the explanation then? They are slaughtering more cows in the United States, but there is still more fortunate situation there materially
- When I die, my deeds will follow along with me. That is how I imagine it... That's personal karma?
- When one is removed from karmic influence does he still get sick?
- When the fruit comes, should we give it up?
- When the fruit comes, we cannot distinguish whether it is ripened one or the wrong one. How to distinguish?
- When you say surrender, it means surrender of fruits of the action?
- When you're actually Krsna conscious, do you just exist and know all and enjoy all, or do you have any activities at that time?
- Would that also be due to that soul's karma, that he has gone from being aborted on to another body?
- You (Srila Prabhupada) accept our (his disciples) karma also. Is that correct?
- You are saying that man shouldn't have bondage?
- Your Grace, if we could perhaps go back over that just for a minute - you said nobody is free… But are you saying that if we live a good life we in some way determine our future as well?