Pages in category "Religious Life"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- According to Vedic instructions, there are two paths for human activities. One is called pravrtti-marga, and the other is called nivrtti-marga. The basic principle for either of these paths is religious life. In animal life there is only pravrtti-marga
- After cleansing the rooms and floors such kind of auspicious paintings are done every morning or in every ceremony. In Bhagavad-gita is is said that they are part and parcel of religious life. In most cases these engagements are meant for the women
- Any work one performs that does not lead to the state of religious life is useless activity
- Anyone whose work is not meant to elevate him to religious life, anyone whose religious ritualistic performances do not raise him to renunciation, must be considered dead, although he is breathing
- At the modern age the educated public, they are not interested in religious life because they think that in primitive stage the people were taking to religious life for economic development
- Hayasirsa Purana states, "My dear Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, I do not want any resultant benediction from my religious life, nor do I want any economic development, nor do I want to enjoy sense gratification, nor liberation"
- He (Brahma) desired the welfare of all as servants of God, and anyone desiring the welfare of the members of his family and generations must conduct a moral, religious life
- Here in this material world, everyone is envious of someone else. Even in religious life, it is sometimes found that if one devotee has advanced in spiritual activities, other devotees are envious of him
- If one is serious in accepting a religious life, or the path of salvation, he must adhere to the four basic rules and regulations
- In order to make trouble and impede the performance of King Prthu's great sacrifice, King Indra has adopted some means that in the future will destroy the clear path of religious life. I draw your attention to this fact
- In the Kali-yuga the population is just a royal edition of the animals. They have nothing to do with spiritual knowledge or godly religious life
- In this age of Kali there are many differences of opinion for self-realization, or transcendental life, or religious life, but this common formula, chanting of the holy name of God, can be accepted by everyone
- Kardama Muni continued: I have achieved the blessings of the Lord in discharging my own religious life of austerity, meditation and Krsna consciousness
- Krsna has explained in the Bhagavad-gita that He is the SP of Godhead, and that whenever there are discrepancies in the regulative principles of man's religious life and a prominence of irreligious activities, He appears on this earthly planet
- Less intelligent persons in the material world are engaged by the four principles of benediction called dharma, artha, kama & moksa. They prefer to take to religious life to achieve some material benediction, the purpose of which is to satisfy the senses
- Lord Krsna said, "My dear brahmana friend, you are a most intelligent personality, and you know very well the principles of religious life"
- One should not simply make a show of religious life, but should perform devotional service perfectly with words, mind, body and good intelligence
- One who is aware of real religious life must abandon the five branches of irreligion as irreligious
- Only those who are pure devotees, those who follow regulative principles of religious life as prescribed in the scriptures, are able to engage themselves in karma-yoga & then jnana-yoga & thereafter, by pure meditation, can understand pure consciousness
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is trying to give people exact idea of God, exact definition of God, and exact instruction of God. If we take that, take to that, then our religious life will be perfect
- Our students are strictly observing the four rules or restraints from impure habits and they are factually living according to the highest standard of religious life
- Sex is allowed only for the begetting of children, not for enjoyment. One can indulge in sex to beget a good child for the benefit of the family, society and world. Otherwise, sex is against the rules and regulations of religious life
- Sex life in the renounced order of life is the most perverted form of religious life, and such a misguided person can only be saved if, by chance, he meets a pure devotee
- Sisupala continued: "Krsna does not belong to a high family. He is so independent that no one knows His principles of religious life. Indeed, it appears that He is outside the jurisdiction of all religious principles"
- Some men within this material world are free from material desire, some are ambitious to get more and more material profit, and some desire fulfillment in religious life, economic development, sense gratification and finally liberation
- Sometimes in the Vedic conception the wife is considered as dharma-patni, religious wife. Means wife helps the husband in the matter of his religious life. That is found in, still in Hindu family
- That is the perfection of life, perfection of religious life, if one learns how to love Krsna and without any motive, ahaituki
- That understanding which cannot distinguish between the religious way of life and the irreligious, between action that should be done and action that should not be done - that imperfect understanding is in the mode of passion
- The duty of the king or the head of the government is described very nicely in this verse (SB 4.16.4). It is the duty of the governmental head to see that people strictly follow a religious life
- The highest perfection of religious life is to attain to the stage of unqualified devotional service of the Lord without any cause or without being obstructed by any kind of worldly obligation
- The saintly sages herein (in SB 4.14.15) instruct that the king or head of government should set an example by living a religious life. As stated in Bhagavad-gita, religion means worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The sum and substance of religious life is to execute the orders of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and one who does so is perfectly religious
- The two wheels of the chariot may be compared to the two moving facilities - namely sinful life and religious life. The chariot is decorated with three flags, which represent the three modes of material nature
- The vibration of Your flute, accompanied by Your glance, which pierces us forcibly with the arrows of lust, induces us to ignore the regulative principles of religious life
- They (the cows and boys) said, "Our dear friend Krsna, we are Your intimate friends. It is not right that we should suffer in this way. We are all completely dependent on You, & You are the knower of all religious life. We do not know anyone except You"
- This (no illicit sex life, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication) is the beginning of religious life. Those who are so-called religious and indulge in these four principles of prohibited activities are pseudoreligionists
- To become religious means to become free from material entanglement. Not that to take to religious life means to develop economic condition
- To become religious means to become free from material entanglement. Not that to take to religious life means to, I mean to say, to develop economic condition