bhadra | bhadram
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Bhadra"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- According to different functions, the Maya is represented differently. In the material world the energy is called Bhadra, and in the spiritual world the same Maya is called Subhadra
- After speaking to Kamsa, the goddess Durga, Yogamaya, appeared in different places, such as Varanasi, and became celebrated by different names, such as Annapurna, Durga, Kali and Bhadra - SB 10.4.13
- Being completely surrendered unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he remained in that condition and did not protest being brought before the deity (Goddess Bhadra Kali) for slaughter
- Bhadram te
- Bhadram te, or "blessings upon you," indicates the sages' anxiety to know the Absolute Truth from the speaker
- Devaki, Pauravi, Rohini, Bhadra, Madira, Rocana, Ila and others were all wives of Anakadundubhi (Vasudeva). Among them all, Devaki was the chief
- During the reign of the third Manu, Pramada and other sons of Vasistha became the seven sages. The Satyas, Vedasrutas and Bhadras became demigods, and Satyajit was selected to be Indra, the King of heaven
- He therefore took up a very fearsome sword, which was very sharp and, consecrating it by the mantra of Bhadra Kali, raised it to kill Jada Bharata
- He was a God-realized soul and a well-wisher to all living entities. The Vedas did not at all sanction the killing of Jada Bharata by rogues and thieves. Consequently the goddess Bhadra Kali emerged from the deity to give protection to the Lord's devotee
- The goddess Durga is celebrated in Calcutta as Kali, in Bombay as Mumbadevi, in Varanasi as Annapurna, in Cuttack as Bhadrakali and in Ahmedabad as Bhadra. Thus in different places she is known by different names
- The sixteen energies headed by Canda are all present there (Vaikuntha). Canda and Kumuda are the first two doorkeepers, at the middle door are the doorkeepers named Bhadra and Subhadra, and at the last door are Jaya and Vijaya
- They (low-class men) sometimes kill a human being before the deity (Bhadra Kali). They generally choose a person who is not very intelligent - in other words, an animal in the shape of a man
- Unless one becomes a perfect devotee, he cannot become a bhadra, gentleman. That is not possible. Naradhamah, Krsna says, unless one is devotee, he is a duskrtina, most sinful man, naradhamah, and the lowest of the human being
- Utathya: One of the three sons of Maharsi Angira. He was the spiritual master of Maharaja Mandhata. He married Bhadra, the daughter of Soma (moon)