Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Sampradaya" |"sampradaya's" |"sampradayas"
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Brahma-sampradaya (3 C, 47 P)
- ► Four Sampradaya Acaryas (4 C, 10 P)
- ► Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya (32 P)
- ► Names of Acaryas (43 C)
- ► Names of Sampradayas (6 C, 43 P)
- ► Names of the Brahma Madhva Gaudiya Sampradaya Acaryas (1 C, 1 P)
Pages in category "Sampradaya"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- Acarya sampradaya
- Bona fide sampradaya
- Footsteps of the sampradaya
- Four original sampradayas
- Four Vaisnava sampradayas
- Our sampradaya
- The disciplic succession from Brahma is called the Brahma-sampradaya, and it descends as follows
- The Mayavadi sampradaya, they take this world as false. But if jagat is mithya, then why...?
- Vaisnava sampradayas
- According to Vedic way, Krsna is the Absolute Truth. Krsna is Absolute Truth, accepted by the acaryas. Indian civilization is carried on the advice of the acarya-sampradaya. So all the acaryas they all accept Krsna as the Absolute Truth
- After hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the acarya of the Tattvavada sampradaya became very much ashamed. Upon observing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's rigid faith in Vaisnavism, he was struck with wonder
- All of the four original sampradayas are still scrupulously engaged in the transcendental service of the Lord up to date, and they all declare that Lord Krsna, Mukunda, is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Although they (the four sampradayas) are four in number, their conclusion is the same. And another sect is Sankarite sampradaya. So all these five different section of the Hindus, they accept Sri Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Amongst the different sampradayas (Vaisnava sects) either Radha-Krsna or Laksmi-Narayana is worshiped
- AN APPEAL TO THE VAISNAVA SECT AND SPECIALLY TO THE VALLABHA SAMPRADAYA OF BOMBAY AND GUJARAT
- At the end of the month of January in the year 1432 sakabda (A.D. 1510), Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the sannyasa order from Kesava Bharati, who belonged to the Sankara-sampradaya
- Be it Hereby known that Kirtanananda Brahmachari (Keith Gordon Ham) was initiated by me into the Sannyas Order, Goudiya Sampradaya, as TRIDANDI SWAMI KIRTANANANDA, on this 28th day of August, 1967, at Vrindaban, India
- Because a sannyasi in the Sankara-sampradaya thinks that he has become the Supreme, Lord Caitanya, wanting to avoid such a misconception, kept the name Sri Krsna Caitanya, placing Himself as an eternal servitor
- Being a Vaisnava in the Ramanuja-sampradaya, Venkata Bhatta worshiped the Deities of Laksmi and Narayana. Seeing his pure devotion, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very satisfied
- Brahmaji, Lord Siva, Srimati Laksmiji and the four Kumaras (Sanaka, Sanatana, etc.) are leaders of the four desireless Vaisnava sampradayas
- Caitanya began His preaching from the country known as Gaudadesa (West Bengal). As I (A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad) belong to the Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya, I must therefore offer my respectful obeisances to the disciplic succession of that name
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu was pleased that the Madhvacarya-sampradaya, or the Tattvavada sampradaya, accepted the transcendental form of the Lord. This is the great qualification of the Vaisnava sampradayas
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu does not rely on any external formality. There is no need for Him to accept the sannyasa order from a superior sampradaya"
- Guru is mahajana. How he has become mahajana? Because he is following the previous mahajana. That's all. It is not difficult. Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh. So mahajana... So therefore sampradaya
- I have come to Vrindaban to consult with you if it is possible to form an association of the Vaisnavas of all Indian Sampradayas to protect the interest and principles of all the Acaryas
- If a Vaisnava sampradaya is also carried away by that impersonal attitude, that sampradaya has no position at all. It is a fact that there are many so-called Vaisnavas whose ultimate aim is to merge into the existence of the Lord
- In order to understand the real meaning of the Vedanta-sutra, I (Lord Caitanya) never followed the explanation of the Sankara-sampradaya or Mayavadi sannyasis. I'm very much afraid of the illogical arguments of the Mayavadi philosophers
- In Sankara-sampradaya, strictly, unless one is born in brahmana family, he's not offered sannyasa. He's not given sannyasa. So far we are concerned, we also offer sannyasa to the brahmana, not to the sudras
- In the present day there are many apasampradayas, or sampradayas which are not bona fide, which have no link to authorities like Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, the Kumaras or Laksmi. People are misguided by such sampradayas
- In this way, they (a class of priestly persons) exercised their artificial power for some time, until Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur, the powerful acarya of the Gaudiya Vaisnava sampradaya, completely smashed their idea
- Indian sampradayas
- Leaders of the four desireless Vaisnava sampradayas
- Leaders of the sampradayas
- Liberation begins with merging into the Brahman effulgence of the Supreme Lord. This conception is held by the jnani-sampradaya, philosophical speculators, but realization of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is higher
- Lord Siva has a Vaisnava sampradaya, which is called the Visnu Svami-sampradaya
- Lord Siva, he is in charge of the modes of ignorance, but he is not ignorant. He is the most enlightened devotee of Lord. He has got a parampara, disciplic succession, which is called Visnu Svami-sampradaya
- Lower sampradaya
- Sampradaya means who are carefully following the Vedic principle. Therefore Kaviraja Gosvami, although asserting the truth, he is prepared to give Vedic evidences
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then suggested, "If Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would like, I could bring Him into a first-class sampradaya by offering Him saffron cloth and performing the reformatory process again"
- Someone wrote an article in the newspaper saying that "In America people had the idea that God had either died or gotten lost, but Bhaktivedanta Swami, within three months, has explained to the atheist sampradaya that God is existing within Hari-kirtana"
- Sometimes He (Nityananda) is accepted to be a disciple of Laksmipati Tirtha. If He is so accepted, Nityananda Prabhu belonged to the Madhva-sampradaya. He did not belong to the tantrika-sampradaya of Bengal
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu points out that Sri Madhavendra Puri accepted Madhvacarya only because his sampradaya accepted the transcendental form of the Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Both the fruitive worker and the speculative philosopher are considered nondevotees. We see both elements present in your sampradaya"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to point out to the Tattvavadi acarya, who belonged to the Madhvacarya-sampradaya, that the general behavior of the Tattvavadis did not favor pure devotional service, which must be devoid of the taints of fruitive activity
- Sri Madhavendra Puri introduced the conception of conjugal love for the first time in the Madhvacarya-sampradaya, and this conclusion of the Madhvacarya-sampradaya was revealed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu when He toured southern India
- Sri Vyasadeva very kindly compiled the Vedic knowledge in his Vedanta-sutra, but if one hears the commentation of the Mayavada school (as represented by the Sankara-sampradaya) certainly he will be misled on the path of spiritual realization
- Superior sampradaya
- Thakura Visvanatha Cakravarti, another very learned acarya of the same sampradaya, has approved the songs by Thakura Narottama dasa to be as good as Vedic mantras
- That is my joy, that we have now a sampradaya, a party of Lord Caitanya in the Western country
- That is the business of acarya: sampradaya-raksana, to save the sampradaya from falling down. Sampradaya. Sampradaya raksana
- The disciplic succession following Caitanya, are distinct from the Tattvavadis, although they belong to the same Tattvavada-sampradaya. The followers of Caitanya are therefore known as the Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya
- The four Kumaras inaugurated their own spiritual party, or sampradaya, known as the Kumara-sampradaya, or later on as the Nimbarka-sampradaya, for the advancement of bhakti
- The glories of Vrindaban and Mathura are magnified by these two Sampradayas (Vallabha & Gaudiya) and the undersigned as an humble servant of all Vaisnavas, has tried his best to render it into elaborate English version for its publicity all over the world
- The importance of Radha-kunda cannot be realized by other Vaisnava sampradayas
- The importance of Radha-kunda, however, cannot be realized by other Vaisnava sampradayas, nor can persons uninterested in the devotional service of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu understand the spiritual importance and divine nature of Radha-kunda
- The Mayavadi-sampradaya sannyasis are generally known as Vedantis, as if Vedanta were their monopoly. Actually, however, Vedanti refers to a person who perfectly knows Krsna
- The meaning of sampradaya is that the acarya of the sampradaya does not talk nonsense. He speaks whatever he has heard through the guru-parampara
- The only qualification that I see in your sampradaya is that you accept the form of the Lord as truth
- The sastras say that being initiated in such a sampradaya is a useless waste of time, for it will never enable one to understand the real religious principles
- The Tattvavada sampradaya of the Madhvacarya school sticks to the principle of varnasrama-dharma, which involves fruitive activity. Their ultimate goal is simply a form of material desire. A pure devotee should be free from all kinds of material desire
- The Vedanta philosophy actually belongs to the Vaisnava sampradaya because it was compiled by Vyasadeva, who is the original spiritual master of this Vaisnava sampradaya
- The whole Western world are filled up with these sunyavadi and impersonalists. India is also nowadays, but still there are devotees in the acarya-sampradaya. They are fighting against sunyavada and nirvisesa
- There are many branches also from the parampara system, and it is not possible to record all the branches and sub-branches in the disciplic succession. We have to pick up from the authority of the acharya in whatever sampradaya we belong to
- There are many cheap gurus and cheap disciples, without any substantial knowledge, and manufacturing new sampradayas
- There are many so-called followers of the Vaisnava cult in the line of Caitanya Mahaprabhu who do not scrupulously follow the conclusions of the sastras, and therefore they are considered to be apa-sampradaya, which means "outside of the sampradaya"
- There are primarily four parties spreading devotional service all over the universe. These are the Ramanuja-sampradaya, the Madhva-sampradaya, the Visnu Svami-sampradaya and the Nimbarka-sampradaya
- These Vaisnava sampradaya, although they appear to be a separate party, but their aim is how to serve Krsna. So don't think the party means some opposite party
- Those who are followers of the Sankara cult are generally known as Vedantists. This does not, however, mean that Vedanta is a monopoly study of the Sankara-sampradaya
- Vallabhacarya-sampradaya has had great influence in Vrndavana near Gokula and in Bombay
- Virinca means Lord Brahma and the followers. Just like we, Gaudiya-sampradaya, means we belong to the Brahma-sampradaya. Our sampradaya begins from Lord Brahma
- Vivasvan is in the Brahma Sampradaya. All the sampradayas are related with one another because the conclusion is the same: that Lord Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the living entities are His eternal servants
- Vyasadeva has no business to tell you something false. Otherwise he would not have been accepted as the supreme guru by all the sampradayas. You cannot defy Vyasadeva
- We belong to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and Caitanya Mahaprabhu belongs to Madhvacarya-sampradaya
- Without this sampradaya, evam parampara, kick out on their face. All rogues and thieves. I don't care for them. Immediately kick out. If he is not coming by this parampara system, whatever he says, all nonsense