"material happiness" |"materially happy"
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Material Happiness"
The following 125 pages are in this category, out of 125 total.
- A conditioned soul tries to enjoy material happiness again and again. Thus he chews the chewed. But sometimes, in the course of such enjoyment, he becomes relieved from material entanglement by association with a great soul
- A devotee does not have to desire material opulence, but if he is a pure devotee, there is ample opportunity for him to enjoy material happiness also, without personal endeavor
- A dream becomes automatically known to a person as false and immaterial, and similarly one eventually realizes that material happiness in this life or the next, on this planet or a higher planet, is insignificant
- A liberated person no longer desires external material happiness. This state is called brahma-bhuta, attaining which one is assured of going back to Godhead, back to home
- According to them (atheistic, materialistic Sankhyaites), combinations of material elements are the causes of material happiness and distress, and disintegration of matter is the cause of freedom from all material pangs
- Any material happiness is like water in a ditch, whereas the spiritual happiness eternally enjoyed in the spiritual world is like an ocean of nectar in which a devotee wants to swim
- As far as material happiness is concerned, that comes without effort, just as tribulations come without effort
- As such, the association of pure devotees is so transcendentally valuable that no kind of material happiness can compare with it
- As we make progress and get taste of spiritual happiness, so proportionately we give up the taste of this material happiness
- At that time (when the living being realizes he is the servant of the senses) he begs for the service of the Lord and thus becomes happy without being illusioned by so-called material happiness
- Because of the mercy bestowed upon him by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Raghunatha dasa, although situated in such material happiness, does not like it at all
- Bhukti-kamis, who are interested in material happiness, mukti-kamis, who desire liberation by merging in the existence of the formless Absolute (Brahman), and siddhi-kamis, who desire the perfection of mystic yoga practice, are classified as atyaharis
- Brahminical culture and the protection of cows can be increasingly glorified, and thus all kinds of material happiness, opulence and good fortune will automatically increase. But unfortunately, if Hiranyakasipu occupies your seat, everything will be lost
- By acting in that way, he achieved the greatest success in material happiness and afterwards achieved liberation, which is impossible to obtain by worshiping the demigods
- By the force of time one attains whatever material happiness is available within the fourteen worlds, just as one attains distress in due course of time. But since spiritual consciousness is not attained in this way, one should try for it
- Caste priest, caste gosvami, caste spiritual master - simply a formality. But the objective is not Krsna. Objective is material happiness. That sort of religiosity or following the regulative principle will not help
- Conditioned souls are attracted by bodily relationships, hoping to be happy in such situations. In such a blind conception of life, they forget even the causes of material happiness
- Don't waste your time for material happiness. You simply save your time for development of Krsna consciousness. Then you will be happy. Then you will be free. That is the instruction of Krsna
- Due to bad association, the living entity desires material happiness, liberation or merging into the impersonal aspect of the Lord, or he engages in mystic yoga for material power
- Endeavors merely for sense gratification or material happiness through economic development are not to be performed, for they result only in a loss of time and energy, with no actual profit
- Even if one is put into the most perfect situation of material happiness, he cannot in that way become free from the pangs of birth, death, old age and disease
- Even though we may be able to avoid distress and artificially enjoy some material happiness by temporary achievements, this represents no factual gain in life. Our duty is to achieve permanent happiness and eternal life
- Everyone is proud of his own position, but here was an astounding experience, in which the emperor of the entire world felt himself defeated in all details of material happiness by the opulence of Saubhari Muni
- Fatness, thinness, bodily & mental distress, thirst, hunger, fear, disagreement, desires for material happiness, old age, sleep, attachment for material possessions, anger & lamentation are all transformations of the material covering of the spirit soul
- For material happiness, the conditioned soul involves himself in fruitive activities, which actually put him into material distress. Because the conditioned soul does not know this, he is said to be in avidya, or ignorance
- If after getting a human body one drinks the water in a poison pit of material happiness instead of the water of such a river, it would be better for him not to have lived, but to have died long ago
- If his (the foolish materialist 's) father dies, he wants to enjoy his father's property, and if his son dies, he wants to enjoy his son's possessions as well. In either case, he heedlessly tries to enjoy material happiness with the acquired money
- If one acts piously, he can attain a new body among the demigods in the higher planetary systems, or he may attain some other position in which he can enjoy a higher standard of material happiness
- If one wants material happiness like the King of heaven, he can derive that benediction from the hand of Krsna; if one wants liberation from the pangs of material existence, he can also get that benediction from the hand of Krsna
- In our present state of existence, there is no possibility of our being indifferent in these matters of material happiness and distress
- In the offensive stage of chanting one may desire all kinds of material happiness, but in the second stage one becomes clear of all material contamination
- In this material world, neither the living entity himself nor others (friends and enemies) are the cause of material happiness and distress. But because of gross ignorance, the living entity thinks that he and others are the cause
- Kapiladeva said to Devahuti, "Although such people do not desire any kind of liberation or any kind of material happiness, still I give them a place amongst My associates in the supreme abode"
- King Yayati became the ruler of the entire world, consisting of seven islands, and ruled the citizens exactly like a father. Because he had taken the youth of his son, his senses were unimpaired, and he enjoyed as much material happiness as he desired
- Krsna can easily offer a person material happiness or even liberation, but He does not agree very easily to award a person engagement in His devotional service
- Krsna continued, "It is better, therefore, for persons who are simply after material happiness and not after Me to remain in that hellish condition"
- Krsna continued, "One who engages himself in severe penances and austerities just to attain this material happiness is certainly under the illusion of My external energy"
- Krsna continued, "Persons too much addicted to material happiness cannot render such service. Women whose hearts are polluted & full of material desires devise various means of sense gratification while outwardly showing themselves to be great devotees"
- Krsna said, "For material happiness based on sex life is available in the most abominable species of life, such as hogs, dogs. No one should try to approach Me for such happiness, which is available even if one is put into a hellish condition of life"
- Krsna spoke Karma-mimamsa philosophy, "Different grades of material happiness and distress, comforts and disadvantages of life, are different results of different kinds of activities, from either the past or present life"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu prayed to Krsna: My dear son of Nanda, I do not want any material happiness in the shape of many followers, nor immense opulence in wealth, nor any beautiful wife, nor do I want cessation from material existence
- Lord Ramacandra's mission was not only to kill Ravana but also to teach mortal beings that material happiness centered around sex life or centered around one's wife is the cause of many miseries
- Lord Ramacandra's mission, however, was not only to kill Ravana but also to teach mortal beings that material happiness centered around sex life or centered around one's wife is the cause of many miseries
- Lord Siva said: My dear beautiful Parvati, have you seen the greatness of the Vaisnavas? Being servants of the servants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, they are great souls and are not interested in any kind of material happiness
- Material contamination is so strong that everyone is working very hard day & night for material happiness. The show of religion, austerity, penance, humanitarianism, philanthropy, politics, science - everything is aimed at realizing some material benefit
- Material happiness and distress come as soon as we accept a body, regardless of what form. We cannot avoid such happiness and distress under any circumstances. The best use of life, therefore, lies in reviving our relationship with the Supreme Lord, Visnu
- Material happiness is available even in hell
- Material happiness means sense gratification. This is material happiness. Everyone is materialistic, or materially advanced, means he has got better facility for satisfying the senses. That is material life
- Material happiness or opulence means gratification of the senses, especially the genitals, the tongue and the mind
- Maya is so strong that in spite of achieving this great boon of the human form of life, we are influenced by temporary material happiness, and we forget our goal of life
- Men who are addicted to material happiness aspire to reach the heavenly planets like the moon, Venus and Indraloka, and those who are advanced in material philosophical speculations aspire after liberation from all material bondage
- Most of the residents of these planets, who are known as Daityas, Danavas and Nagas, live as householders. Their wives, children, friends and society are all fully engaged in illusory, material happiness
- My concern is only for the fools and rascals who are making elaborate plans for material happiness and maintaining their families, societies and countries. I am simply concerned with love for them
- My Lord, due to Your illusory energy, all living beings in this material world have forgotten their real constitutional position, and out of ignorance they are always desirous of material happiness in the form of society, friendship and love
- Narada Muni said: Prahlada Maharaja was the best person in the family of asuras, who always aspire for material happiness
- Nonetheless, although allured by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who offered him (Prahlada) all benedictions for material happiness, because of his unalloyed Krsna consciousness he did not want to take any material benefit for sense gratification
- Not finding any recourse in material happiness, the devotee then engages himself absolutely in pure devotional service
- On this planet we find many businessmen, politicians and others who are simply interested in material happiness. They attempt to earn money by all means, not considering whether such means are pious or impious
- One cannot enjoy material illusory prosperity if he desires to return home, back to Godhead. One who has no information of the transcendental bliss in the association of the Lord foolishly desires to enjoy this temporary material happiness
- One has to cease all material activities and sacrifice all forms of so-called material happiness. If the aspiring transcendentalist fails, then he apparently loses both ways; in other words, he can enjoy neither material happiness nor spiritual success
- One should be allowed to remain in so-called material enjoyment while simultaneously advancing in knowledge to experience the misery of this false material happiness. Then, without help from others, one will find material enjoyment detestful
- One should not endeavor for ugra-karma, or unnecessary work for sense gratification. Nunam pramattah kurute vikarma yad indriya-pritaya aprnoti. Simply for sense gratification, people make plans for material happiness
- One should not entangle oneself in matter by the mind's material affections. Thus one's own mind is one's friend or enemy in one's material happiness and distress
- One should surrender fully to the Lord, forgetting one's so-called material happiness, opulence and education, which are not at all useful for pleasing the Lord. The Lord is pleased only by the process of surrender unto Him
- One who has no information of the transcendental bliss in the association of the Lord foolishly desires to enjoy this temporary material happiness
- One who knows that material happiness, whether good or bad, in this life or in the next, on this planet or on the heavenly planets, is temporary and useless, and that an intelligent person should not try to enjoy or even think of such things
- One whose devotion for Me is adulterated worships Me for some material benefit, just to keep himself in the world of material happiness, culminating in the pleasure of sex life
- One's whole advancement of material happiness immediately terminates along with his body as soon as his life is over. Death is therefore taken as the representative of God for the atheistic class of men
- People are so foolish that they simply waste time in temporary pursuits of material happiness, eating, sleeping, defending and enjoying sex life. Especially sex life. The sum and substance of material life is attraction for the opposite sex
- People want to become religious because they think... This is also fact. By becoming pious, religious, you get material happiness. That's a fact
- Persons who are determined to totally rot in false, material happiness cannot become Krsna-minded either by instructions from teachers, by self-realization or by parliamentary discussions
- Pious and impious activities can bring about material happiness and distress, but there is no possibility of one's becoming a pure devotee simply by acting piously or impiously. Bhakti, devotional service, means satisfying Krsna
- Pretentiously religious householder life, in which one is attracted to material happiness and thus also attracted to the superficial explanation of the Vedas, robs one of all intelligence and attaches one to fruitive activities as all in all
- Seeing that the King had executed so many pious activities and charities, Yamaraja also hinted that he did not know the limit of the King's future enjoyment. In other words, there would be practically no end to the King's material happiness
- Since the spirit soul is completely different from this combination of gross & subtle material elements My devotee who is connected with Me in intense friendship & affection being completely in knowledge is never agitated by material happiness & distress
- Sometimes devotees desire to enjoy material happiness also; therefore, by the arrangement of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the devotee is given a chance to enjoy the material world before his final entrance into the spiritual world
- Sometimes it so happens that if a person sincerely serves the Lord and at the same time maintains material ambitions, the Lord very kindly removes the sources of material happiness
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "You might as well bring a bedstead here for Me to lie on. Jagadananda wants Me to enjoy material happiness"
- Such a self-realized person knows quite well that material happiness is the very cause of continued material existence and forgetfulness of one's own constitutional position
- Such exalted devotees forget the tiny reflection of so-called material happiness produced from the material senses of sight and sound. Free from all desires, such devotees are the real friends of all living entities
- Such persons do not care even for the highest material benediction, namely liberation, to say nothing of other less important benedictions like the material happiness of the heavenly kingdom
- The brahmana cursed the Lord, "You shall be bereft of all material happiness!" When the Lord heard this, He felt great jubilation within Himself
- The brahmana, therefore, did not exert himself for more material happiness; instead, he used his time for advancement of Krsna consciousness. Externally he appeared very poor because he had no rich clothes and could not provide rich clothes for his wife
- The demigods, who are very puffed up by their material opulence, pray to the Lord only for material happiness, not knowing anything better. Devotees like Prahlada Maharaja, however, do not want material happiness
- The dryness of material happiness cannot be moistened by so-called philosophers who cry for Brahman, liberation and similar dry speculative objects
- The householder can appreciate the results of sacrifices, which enable him to gain promotion to superior planetary systems. All this material happiness is practically unknown to the transcendentalists. They cannot even imagine such happiness
- The introspective man is always indifferent to materialistic happiness and distress. He goes on with his self-realization activities undisturbed by material reactions
- The karmis, jnanis, yogis, they are in want. The karmis, they simply want material happiness. "I want this, I want this, I want this, I want this." The whole world is rolling. Modern material civilization means to create wants. That is karmi
- The kings said, "We are no longer interested in sense gratification derived through the material body. By Your grace, we have now come to the conclusion that hankering after such material happiness is just like searching for water in a desert mirage"
- The Lord as Paramatma helps the living being to get material happiness because the living being is helpless in all respects in obtaining what he desires. He proposes, and the Lord dispose
- The Lord continued: I am the heart of all sacrifices. You will be able to perform many great sacrifices and also give great charities. In this way you will be able to enjoy the blessings of material happiness in this life
- The Lord is so kind, however, that even today persons whose brain substance is spoiled are given the benediction to become cats, dogs or hogs and enjoy material happiness from sex life and sense gratification
- The material scientists invent many objects to gratify the material senses, and there results a field of unnecessary competition for enhancement of such material happiness, which leads the whole world into the whirlpool of uncalled-for clashes
- The materialistic mind covering the living entity's soul carries it to different species of life. This is called continued material existence. Due to the mind, the living entity suffers or enjoys material distress and happiness
- The members of a demoniac civilization endeavor to make their living conditions very comfortable, but they cannot check death. The influence of the Sudarsana cakra will not allow their so-called material happiness to endure
- The perfection of human life is to develop one's dormant love for God, and thus be released from the terrible cycle of birth and death. People are so foolish that they simply waste time in temporary pursuits of material happiness
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, anyone who by Your grace has understood the glories of Your lotus feet is callous to material happiness and distress"
- The quality of goodness is the cause of material happiness, the quality of passion is the cause of material distress, and the quality of ignorance is the cause of illusion
- The same thing here. Just like prostitute, they are going to the club. The father is going also; the son is going. And the prostitute is the same. Everywhere, this material happiness, wine, women...
- The SPG did not award His mercy to Bali Maharaja by giving him material happiness and opulence, for these make one forget loving service to the Lord. The result of material opulence is that one can no longer absorb his mind in the SPG
- The Supreme Lord is unlimited. Only a very expert personality, retired from the activities of material happiness, deserves to understand this knowledge of spiritual values
- The ultimate goal of all ambitions is to become a servant of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If an intelligent man serves the most dear Lord, who gives Himself to His devotees, how can he desire material happiness, which is available even in hell?
- The worker with a desire to enjoy the fruits of his work is hankering after transient material happiness, and such a worker is rewarded with worldly or heavenly happiness within the material worlds
- There is no comparison between material happiness and transcendental happiness
- There is no estimation of our circumambulation and the concomitant distress resulting from such travel life after life for illusory, material happiness, which is compared to the will o' the wisp
- There is no preventing one's falling down from material happiness, and there is even every chance of falling down from the spiritual happiness derived out of identifying oneself with the impersonal Brahman
- They agitate the mind and body of everyone, they increase lusty desires for enjoyment, they destroy the burden of material happiness and lamentation, and they make one forget all material tastes. The whole world falls under their control
- They're busy collecting the ingredients for ritualistic ceremonies that yield only temporary benefits, such as elevation to Svargaloka for material happiness. They're not attracted to the sankirtana movement
- Those who are after material enjoyment (bhukti) worship the demigods and achieve their planets and thus enjoy material happiness
- Thus Svayambhuva Manu was a saintly king. Although absorbed in material happiness, he was not dragged to the lowest grade of life, for he always enjoyed his material happiness in a Krsna conscious atmosphere
- To travel all over the universe is to circumambulate the wheel of work. There is no estimation of our circumambulation and the concomitant distress resulting from such travel life after life for illusory, material happiness
- We must know the nature of those temporary states of material happiness and distress. It would be sheer stupidity to ignore them, or to remain indifferent in matters concerning the spirit soul, around which the material body and mind exist
- When one takes to the path of transcendence, one has to cease all material activities and sacrifice all forms of so-called material happiness
- Yadu replied: My dear father, you have already achieved old age, although you also were a young man. But I do not welcome your old age and invalidity, for unless one enjoys material happiness, one cannot attain renunciation
- You cannot be mad after harer guna unless you give up your madness of material enjoyment. So long we are mad after material happiness, then we do anything wrong