Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Contemporary Trends, Events, Social Issues
Pages in category "Questions On... Contemporary Trends, Events, Social Issues"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total.
- Actually, I was concerned this morning about inflation. The government and the newspapers, they say the biggest problem today is inflation. From our Krsna conscious standpoint, how can we cure this problem of inflation?
- And when you have these asramas and all, and how to serve the poor people in the way of welfare?
- Are there any other Vedic scriptures that you believe speak to a situation that is greatly misunderstood today besides this?
- But I mean they do, these men who are space travelers, they say "We did land on the moon." Now are they lying?
- But if we don't make the research, then how will we ever solve these problems?
- But what about the cheating going on, big cheating, international cheating about the space flights?
- But your teaching, doesn't it offer a way of meeting these problems (no rain, no food, and government taxes)?
- Can the Janata explosion be regarded as a division of Krsna consciousness or similar consciousness?
- Can you remember some of your first impressions of North American society when you came here? Did you feel it was ripe for Krsna consciousness at that time?
- Could you explain that (this women's liberation is just a trick by the men)?
- Did the people who said they went to the moon, did they go to another planet?
- Did they (the astronauts) actually get to the moon or not?
- Did they actually land on the moon, Srila Prabhupada?
- Did they go to some other planet (than the moon), Prabhupada?
- Do you believe, I mean now from the point of view of facts, or events, not of ideas, of events, of reality, do you think there are many these men who are without spiritual ideas in the world of today?
- Do you find, Swamiji, that the mood of the young people in North America is the same now as it was in '65, or has it changed?
- Do you have any opinion about Ted Patrick, who I guess you've probably heard of?
- Do you not think it's worth going to such places as Ireland and trying to talk to the people out there to stop warring?
- Do you read newspapers?
- Do you think that the, the poor Indians who are suffering because of this terrible drought in India... is their relief never going to be in this world? Is it only going to be when they die?
- Do you think the social unrest...?
- Do you think we have too much for our needs?
- Do you, in other words, do you believe that astronauts landed somewhere?
- Finally Swamiji, what is the relevance of Krsna consciousness in our modern society?
- Fred Robinson has been forecasting doom to happen very shortly for the human race and says that it is far too hopeless to try and grab for the spiritual plane until one goes back to simple living. What would you say to that?
- Have you had a significant impact on the American society? The values you preach, have they influenced Americans to a certain degree?
- He said, "In others words (if you don't follow, then you are not spiritualist; you are fool), is all humanity a fool then?"
- He says seeing the world as it is today, what is the most preferable social organization from the Krsna conscious point of view?... How should society be organized in order to achieve these goals?
- Here's another one kind of on that line. How do you feel about women's lib?
- His question is, do we concern ourselves with particular problems in the world, there's the war in Vietnam, there's racial discrimination? Do we make statements to condemn these things?
- How are you trying?
- How do you become informed as to certain events?
- How do you regard abortion? At what stage does the spirit enter into the womb?
- How do you view the development of the potential for nuclear explosions in India?
- How does worship of Visnu solve social problems? Just like in Calcutta there are more social problems than practically anywhere
- How far this adaption of Krsna consciousness by many American boys would affect the politics of their attitude, for instance, to such a bearing problem of America as Vietnam War?
- How is this godlessness showing itself in our society?
- How they will believe that man didn't go to the moon?
- I mean the mood of the time (the Sixties) might have been right then. I mean was there something about that age that made it especially attractive to the young people?
- I understand you have further thoughts about that (moon landing) and you've even written a lot about it. I wonder if you could tell me, not at great length perhaps, but what your belief about those events is?
- I would like the reporter to assess the reaction from the masses here, whether Gurukula is sponsoring for the women liberation and equal rights...
- I would like to know more about what do you think our society is doing wrong?
- If the impossible happened and they were able to safely land on the moon's surface do you feel they would have any difficulty or encounter any trouble with the beings that you say live there?
- In 1968 I was questioned by the reporters, "What is your opinion about this moon?"
- In society, the consumer society, (indistinct) miseries, what is the message you can bring people even in this day?
- Is overpopulation, then, a more important problem?
- Is the social unrest in this country caused because... (these are sinful activities, to kill child in the womb. And take shelter of abortion. These are all sinful activities. One has to suffer for that)?
- Is there some other way we can argue with them (you say that you have gone to moon planet, but I have not seen that you have gone there. How can I believe you?), Prabhupada?
- Okay, now Karen Ann Quinlan, you know her?
- On the news it's talking about the hook-up of the Soviets & Americans, in their capsules. And a large hook-up of these space ships in outer space for planning their moon project. We were wondering what your feelings are & your views are on all of this?
- One problem that seems to be occurring more and more frequently is the appearance of terrorists
- People would be interested to know our position on divorce. Here in Rome they just passed a divorce law?
- Prabhupada, there are certain groups saying that there's a comet in the sky and there's going to be some very inauspicious effects because of that. Do you know anything about that?
- Prabhupada, when they said they went to the moon and they showed films of them landing and walking on the moon, was this all a bluff?... They all made it up?
- Prabhupada? (very faint) ...petroleum demand, he takes out the blood of the earth and so the planet is going to sink (indistinct) said... So can we do something about it?
- She would like to know exactly what you mean by modern society and exactly what you feel are the problems with the society...?
- Should we also try to introduce legislation immediately to close the slaughterhouses?
- Should we want to unite the world, or should we want to unite ourselves with Krsna?
- So one of the things we want to do is expose this cheating (the moon planet is also Arizona). Should we expose this kind of thing directly like this, or should we indirectly deal with it?
- So one question I wanted to ask you in this connection, is that this Vinobha, fasting until death, until cow slaughter is stopped. So if he dies then he is guilty of murder. Is it correct. And if he's a brahmana, he is guilty of brahma-hatya?
- So shall we also make protests?
- So we are requesting if all the devotees can possibly go (this evening they are having one convention here, the Democratic National Convention… So we want to send all the devotees in the temple on sankirtana party there)?
- So when Pakistan accused India, he became so shocked that he fainted?
- Srila Prabhupada, he states about Africa, that the food..., that they do not know what to eat tomorrow, and in fact, that here it's very hard for them to understand Krsna consciousness. My question is which, what can we do which is...?
- Srila Prabhupada, in this country we have to do army training, and on a Sunday we have to attend a church service. We have to attend it. Is it all right to say that we won't attend it because we follow Krsna consciousness, or must we go anyway?
- Srila Prabhupada, the way you've been describing our solutions to the problems of the world, they seem to be on two levels. One is the extended solution, that is to say, the ultimate solution of Krsna conscious?
- Such a transgression of the laws, it cannot... How much further can it go, Prabhupada?
- Swamiji, you think bhakti is the solution to the problem of the world today?
- Take photographs where (and this moon planet going means Arizona. That is now disclosed. They take photographs in the Arizona. That's all)?
- That (woman requires protection by the man) goes against the thinking of a lot of people in America now. Do you know that?
- The argument is that "The cities are there with millions of people, and now what can we do?"
- The Krsna consciousness movement has been what some people would consider sexist or racist because certain propensities for women and for blacks have been defined. And I wondered if you would comment on that
- The pollution, is it to some extent the result of material activity, which will cease when the spiritual...?
- The press reporters, they were asking me that we make distinction between man, woman, and black, white
- The system gives up. That's a marvelous solution. Because I feel very tired with the system myself. So there's something wrong with the system as being. So maybe you can give me some advice how to beat the system?
- The women today want the same rights as men. How can they be satisfied?
- There are probably more people in the world now who are seeking some kind of spiritual new light than probably ever before, or at least, there's more evidence of it. And I wonder if you agreed with that, and if so can you tell me why it is?
- There is a worldwide rise in prices of energy resources, like oil, coal, gas, and electricity. Naturally, there will be worldwide destruction of mankind and other living beings and materials in the near future. What are your views?
- There's hope for our world today?
- Therefore ("Then why there is no solution?") she is asking you, "What is the solution?"
- These Italian women are complaining now that their husbands are abusing them, so why can they not get divorced?
- These problems will take care of themselves if people develop Krsna consciousness?
- They have so many people in boxes in the hospitals they are keeping alive. So the big battle is raging whether or not they should pull out the plug?
- This is collective, national danger here. Have you anything to offer to us as a...?
- Well, the basic question is how to handle the problem of modern education?
- What about like euthanasia, say. Isn't that nonacceptance of a material body? If by some, for some reason the child isn't allowed to be born?
- What about something very much nearer to ourselves here in this country, and that is a war or civil disturbance is going on... between Christians?
- What about that sometimes people ask us what about the pictures of man on the moon?
- What about these pictures we have seen on the television showing them jumping on the moon?
- What do you feel about man going to the moon?
- What do you think is the solution of these difficulties (physical life has become so difficult... the population has increased so much)?
- What happens when women are not subordinate to men?
- What is our policy towards these problems (the problem of overpopulation and food shortage in the world now when the world leaders are not willing to do anything)?
- What is your opinion of what this movement should be doing in terms of world activities and world affairs that it isn't doing now? Are there some new areas that you may try to influence?
- What means do you suggest for purifying it (the pollution)?
- What percentage of people today know about Krsna?
- What should we do in the United States (in regards to women being subordinate to men)? We're trying to make women equal with men
- What to do with the greedy people in the world, though?
- When you came to Chicago last week you said you were going to tell us some of the solutions to our problems in this country. Can you tell me what some of those solutions are?
- Where did the astronauts go?
- Why does the Hare Krsna movement not engage in social protest?
- Will they (men of character, knowledge, sincerity, God conscious) be able to function in a society as working individuals?
- With the present state of the world as it is - it seems to be in a pretty mess - what would you say we are actually advancing spiritually?
- Would the flight that was just completed, that doesn't contradict with anything in this book?
- Would you comment on the political situation in India now. What do you think about Mrs. Gandhi's...?
- Would you say that all world events, all phenomenon of the world are expressions of this world reason unfolding itself? There is a gradual development
- Yet now there is a new controversy in America because during Christmas season our book distributors dress themselves up as Santa Claus. You've seen Santa Claus?
- You don't think, Prabhupada, they have reached the moon?
- You have a way to stop the crime?
- You say that Krsna consciousness will solve all problems. But factually, there are so many problems in the world that aren't being solved. So what is the proof?
- You see all these trends today to learn meditation. It's only one longing to feel something and not only to believe. That is the situation now very much in Germany, isn't it so?
- You talk about the service of Lord Krsna. How does service of our fellow man come in?
- You think people are doing something hospitals, that is for others?
- You think we can't help people?