This Ism or That Ism
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Brahmanism (2 P)
- ► Communism (1 C, 108 P)
- ► Dualism (16 P)
- ► Fascist (2 C, 3 P)
- ► Hinduism (2 C, 28 P)
- ► Impersonalism (4 C, 80 P)
- ► Jainism (13 P)
- ► Nationalism (1 C, 58 P)
- ► Pantheism (1 C, 19 P)
- ► Vaisnavism (6 C, 71 P)
Pages in category "This Ism or That Ism"
The following 115 pages are in this category, out of 115 total.
- Above these gross materialists are the mental speculators who hover aloft in the mental spheres, and their occupational duties involve making poetry and philosophy or propagating some ism with the same aim of selfishness limited to the body and the mind
- Activities performed for the satisfaction of Krsna are permanent and good, but asat activity, although sometimes celebrated as philanthropy, altruism, nationalism, this "ism" or that "ism," will never produce any permanent result and is therefore all bad
- All men were advised to follow the path of Sri Krsna, leaving aside all mundane - isms. Offenders misunderstood this instruction, however, because of their poor fund of knowledge
- Cripple-minded persons, always engaged in satisfying their senses, sometimes expand their activities in order to do good for others through some "ism" like nationalism, humanitarianism or altruism
- Either you become communist, socialist or capitalist or this "ist" or that "ist," the real disease is bhoga-vancha, "How I shall enjoy this world"
- Either you may bring this ism or that ism, this civilization will collapse. People will become mad, being harassed in so many ways. When one is harassed in so many problems, he commits suicide. So that position is coming
- Essentially such activities (of concentrating on this ism and that ism which stress the bodily comforts of life) are the activities of animals (sa eva go-kharah) - SB 10.84.13
- Even in the most developed stage of human life, the same illusion prevails in the form of many isms and divides the loving relation with the Lord and thereby divides the loving relation between man and man
- How you can get freedom life. This is the movement. This Krsna consciousness movement is for that purpose; otherwise, what is the utility of this movement? It is not an "ism" just to make some temporary appeasement
- In the Hindu society since a very long time, especially since the days of India's destruction of the original culture, so many offshoots they have come out under the name of so many isms
- In the name of personalism, this ism or that ism, such persons (the materialistic persons) always remain attached to the materialistic way of life
- It does not matter you learn to love God through Christianism or Hinduism or Muslimism, any "ism," but the result should be how much you have advanced in the art of loving God
- It is not an "ism" just to make some temporary appeasement. It is the ultimate solution of all the problems of life, this Krsna consciousness movement. And this chanting is pavement of the heart, where you'll receive this message
- Krishna Consciousness is not a ism or simply blind following. It is based on authority; scientific and logical
- Many "isms" and cults will spring up in Kali-yuga only to kill the spotless bull of religion
- Men are mad after false name and form. The form of body obtained under certain conditions is taken up as factual, and the name also taken bewilders the conditioned soul into misusing the energy in the name of so many "isms"
- Real renunciation means you have to give up the andha-kupa life and take shelter of Krsna, harim asrayeta. If you take shelter of Krsna, then you can give up this, all this "ism" life. Otherwise, it is not possible
- The change required (for perfection) is a change in consciousness, not in the body. Unfortunately, in this fallen age, people are concerned with the body, not with the soul. They have invented so many "isms" pertaining to the body only, not to the soul
- These "isms" are certainly very attractive forms of karma-bandhana (karmic bondage), but the Vedic instruction of Sri Isopanisad is that if one actually wants to live for any of the above "isms," he should make them God-centered
- They (the sudra-like population) will declare themselves as adherents of no religious principles, and many "isms" and cults will spring up in Kali-yuga only to kill the spotless bull of religion
- Unfortunately, modern politicians & other leaders stress the bodily comforts of life (yasyatma-buddhih kunape tri-dhatuke (SB 10.84.13)) & concentrate on the activities of this ism and that ism, which they describe in different kinds of flowery language
- We are not advocate of vegetarianism or nonvegetarianism. That is not our business. We are Krsna-ites. What Krsna said, we have to do
- We are trying to be happy by changing cells - from capitalism to communism. The aim should be to become free from this "ism" and that "ism." One has to change completely from this "ism" of materialism; then he can become happy
- We don't mind whether you are communist, capitalist, this ist, that ist. We want to see whether you are utilizing your human intelligence for right purpose. We don't condemn anyone
- We don't want to discuss all this nonsense philosophy, just to warn them that "You don't be misled by this rascalism." That is my point
- We think the whole world or the entire human society is dwindling their faith in God so much so that some of them are declaring God is dead, and some of them are in frustration, manufacturing different kinds of isms, under different names
- While in the material world we manufacture so many duties in the name of so many isms, but our actual duty is to free ourselves from the cycle of birth, death, old age and disease
- Yes, you can call it Hinduism, but actually it does not belong to any "ism." It is a science of understanding God. But it appears like Hindu religion
- You should clear up this thing that we do not preach any particular "ism." We are simply teaching how to develop our dormant love of Godhead. So what religion is there that does not approve love of Godhead?