"Mother Earth" | "the earth"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Ajanabha-varsa (1 C, 4 P)
- ► God and Mother Earth (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Krsna and Mother Earth (1 C, 4 P)
- ► This World (7 C, 331 P)
- ► World (55 C, 1,009 P)
Pages in category "Mother Earth"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A father personifies Lord Brahma; a brother, King Indra; a mother, the planet earth; and a sister, mercy. A guest personifies religious principles, an invited guest personifies the demigod Agni, and all living entities personify Lord Visnu, the SPG
- According to scriptures also, there are seven mothers: (1) the real mother, (2) the wife of the spiritual master, (3) the wife of a brahmana, (4) the wife of the king, (5) the cow, (6) the nurse, and (7) the earth. All of them are mothers
- After Lord Krsna had heard the prayers of Mother Earth, He immediately assured her of immunity from all fearful situations. He said to Bhagadatta, "Don't be afraid"
- Although the planet was later on grown up, it was covered with water - pralaya payodhi jale, merged into the water after devastation. Then gradually it emerges from water
- As a result of this (sex relation of male and female), both the male's and female's attraction for sweet home, motherland, bodily offspring, society and friendship and accumulation of wealth becomes the illusory field of activities
- As soon as the process of yajna is stopped, the earth will withhold all productions -- vegetables, trees, plants, fruits, flowers, other agricultural products and minerals
- At the end, when I (Mother Earth) felt I was so fortunate, the Lord left me
- Atheistic kings or state executive heads, try to equip themselves with all kinds of deadly weapons to bring about a war in a peaceful society. They have no ambition other than personal aggrandizement, and thus mother earth feels overburdened
- I (Mother Earth) am thinking about myself and also, O best amongst the demigods, about you, as well as about all the demigods, sages, denizens of Pitrloka, devotees of the Lord and all men obedient to the system of varna and asrama in human society
- I am (Mother Earth) being neglected by kings who are not punishing these rascals who have turned into thieves by using grains for sense gratification. Consequently I have hidden all these seeds, which were meant for the performance of sacrifice
- I was endowed with specific powers to supersede the fortune of all the three planetary systems by being decorated with the impressions of the flag, thunderbolt, elephant-driving rod and lotus flower, which are signs of the lotus feet of the Lord
- It has already been discussed that mother earth implored Lord Brahma to give her relief from the distress created by the burdensome demons and that Lord Brahma informed her that Lord Krsna Himself was going to appear
- Maharaja Prthu informed her (Mother Earth) that first of all she had disobeyed his orders. This was her first sinful activity. Secondly he accused her of taking her share of the yajnas (sacrifices) but not producing sufficient food grains in return
- Man is suffering due to his insatiable desires and lusts. Not only is man suffering, but the planet on which he resides, his mother earth, represented in Srimad-Bhagavatam by mother cow, is also suffering
- Mother earth assumed the form of a cow. Very much distressed, with tears in her eyes, she appeared before Lord Brahma and told him about her misfortune - SB 10.1.18
- Mother earth gave Him (Lord Vamanadeva) a deerskin, and the demigod of the moon, who is the king of the forest, gave Him a brahma-danda (the rod of a brahmacari)
- Mother earth gave Him a deerskin, and the demigod of the moon, who is the king of the forest, gave Him a brahma-danda. His mother, Aditi, gave Him cloth for underwear, and the deity presiding over the heavenly kingdom offered Him an umbrella
- Mother earth took the shape of a cow. She was also a woman. Thus she appealed to the King (Prthu) as one who knows the principles of religion. Religious principles also dictate that one is not to be killed if he surrenders
- My dear Lord, I am also the creation of one of Your energies, composed of the three modes of material nature. Consequently I am bewildered by Your activities. Even the activities of Your devotees cannot be understood, and what to speak of Your pastimes
- O mother earth, you were raised by the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the form of a boar because of your desiring to have a place to stay. I pray that you kindly vanquish all the reactions of my sinful life. I offer my respectful obeisances unto you
- O personality of religion, I (Mother Earth) was greatly overburdened by the undue military phalanxes arranged by atheistic kings, and I was relieved by the grace of the Personality of Godhead
- On the surface of the earth there are many great mountains and oceans that are very heavy, and mother earth has no difficulty carrying them. But she feels very much overburdened when she carries even one person who is a liar
- Once when mother earth was overburdened by hundreds of thousands of military phalanxes of various conceited demons dressed like kings, she approached Lord Brahma for relief - SB 10.1.17
- Once when the entire world was overburdened by the increasing military power of demons in the form of kings, mother earth assumed the shape of a cow and approached Lord Brahma for relief
- Original mother, wife of the spiritual master, wife of the priest, wife of the king, cow, nurse and Earth. These are seven mothers. Cow is mother because we drink cow's milk. How can I deny that she's not mother? So how we can support killing of mother?
- She (mother earth) pointed out that being perfectly religious-minded, the King could not violate the religious principles that forbade killing a woman
- She (Mother Earth) reminded King Prthu that not only was he an incarnation of God, but he was situated as the King of the earth as well. Therefore his duty was to excuse her
- Since a cow is never to be killed, mother earth thought it wise to take the shape of a cow in order to avoid King Prthu's arrows
- Since a cow is never to be killed, mother earth thought it wise to take the shape of a cow in order to avoid King Prthu's arrows. King Prthu, however, could understand this fact, and therefore he did not stop chasing the cow-shaped earth
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: After thus advising the demigods and pacifying mother earth, the very powerful Lord Brahma, who is the master of all other Prajapatis and is therefore known as Prajapati-pati, returned to his own abode, Brahmaloka - SB 10.1.16
- The conditioned souls, who are residents of the material world, are put in the womb of mother earth in the same way the seed of a child is put by the father in the womb of the mother
- The fruits and flowers are available from the body of the earth, and yet mother earth is worshiped by the sensible devotee with ingredients born from the earth
- The lowest planetary system, Patala, is considered to be the sole of the Supreme Lord, and the earth is considered to be the belly of the Lord
- The wife of a brahmana is considered one of the seven mothers (namely one's own mother, the wife of the spiritual master or teacher, the wife of a brahmana, the wife of a king, the cow, the nurse, and the earth)
- There are 8,400,000 different forms of life, and the earth, mother earth is supplying food
- There are seven kinds of mothers, according to Vedic injunction: the real mother, the wife of a teacher or spiritual master, the wife of a king, the wife of a brahmana, the cow, the nurse and mother earth
- There is nothing more sinful than untruthfulness. Because of this, mother earth once said, "I can bear any heavy thing except a person who is a liar"
- Thereafter, having heard of the distress of mother earth, Lord Brahma, with mother earth, Lord Siva and all the other demigods, approached the shore of the ocean of milk - SB 10.1.19
- They (the asuras) have no ambition other than personal aggrandizement, and thus mother earth feels overburdened by such undue increases of military strength
- This (the neglect of the real qualification of a brahmana) is all due to the influence of the age of Kali. Thus mother earth, represented as a cow, was lamenting the regrettable condition
- This earth is one of the innumerable material planets within the universe, and there are innumerable universes also within the compass of the mahat-tattva
- This planet comes later on. We can take the idea from the tree - the tree grows gradually, and the different fruits, branches, and twigs gradually appear
- To lie or fail to honor a promise given to a brahmacari is never proper, for lying is the most sinful activity. Everyone should be afraid of the sinful reactions to lying, for mother earth cannot even bear the weight of a sinful liar
- We (Brahma and the sages) offer our respectful obeisances unto You (Varahadeva), along with mother earth, in whom You have invested Your own potency, just as an expert sacrificer puts fire in the arani wood
- When He traversed my (earth's) surface, I would be immersed in the dust of His lotus feet and thus would be sumptuously covered with grass which appeared like hairs standing on me out of pleasure
- When Lord Krsna heard the prayers of mother earth, He immediately assured her of immunity from all fearful situations. He said to Bhagadatta, "Don't be afraid." Then He entered the palace of Bhaumasura, which was equipped with all kinds of opulences
- When there is sufficient austerity, cleanliness, mercy and truthfulness, naturally mother earth is completely satisfied, and there is very little chance for Kali to infiltrate the structure of human society