Questions On... Prasadam
Pages in category "Questions On... Prasadam"
The following 141 pages are in this category, out of 141 total.
- All of the prasadam, or just sweets (order the foodstuff from confectioner)?
- And what of special foods and special drink?
- Any kind of living entity who takes prasadam or hears the name, that it will come back at least to human form of life. Is that correct?
- At what age should they (gurukulis) be taught to cook prasadam?
- Can I serve the devotees, Srila Prabhupada?
- Can ice cream purchased from the market be offered?
- Can we drink date rasa? We are allowed to drink date rasa?
- Can we eat cheese?
- Can you take little bit of ice cream or cold custard?
- Could you tell me the names of these special foods? How do you know what Krsna eats and drinks, please?
- Do (the jivas in vegetables that are offered to Krsna) they just get liberation or do they go directly to Krsna? They go to Krsna or do they only get liberation? Do they go to Goloka Vrndavana? What kind of liberation?
- Do you have certain dietary rules for which you do not eat? What do you not eat?
- Do you like it (bitter melon), Prabhupada?
- Do you want us to offer feast to your Guru Maharaja at noontime? A special plate of feast?
- Hawaiians, they are not very much inclined to read. So does that mean we should distribute lots of prasadam here profusely?
- Hing and what? Prepare with hing and?
- How do you find the taste (mint tea)?
- How does a devotee know which food Krsna likes him to take?
- How important is your diet?
- How is the best way to do that (Prasada selling)?
- How would you know what to consume and what not, Swamiji?
- I come from village, and I'm happy now as I have taken to holy name and prasada. So more, other villagers... Half of these boys are from villages?
- I have a question, whether we should always give them khicuri or whether we should
- I have noted your questions about the serving of prasadam...
- I was going to ask if the rose-colored light that we see around the food when it's being offered up...?
- I'm familiar with the Krsna cookbook, but I do not see any suggested menus or nutritional information, and I'm wondering if there's any thought that's been worked on that. Is there any background of menus or nutritional information?
- If it's offered, though (to Kali), who accepts it? Whose prasadam is it? Who takes it?
- If some devotee has some trouble and does not eat a certain type of food. Like some devotees do not eat ghee because of liver trouble. So these devotees, should they take all the prasadam?
- If the government is giving them free homes and we're giving them free prasadam, why should they work?
- If we save the common people by giving them prasadam, how can we save the impersonalists?
- If you must have a spiritual body in order to go back home, she asks, is it only with this Hare Krsna mantra and by taking prasada that we achieve that body?
- In some of our temples, the murti of Your Divine Grace has been installed and they are offering prasadam. So is it the same, that the prasadam is accepted by the guru?
- In the park, Srila Prabhupada (I was coming here daily for cooking my food)?
- Instead of taking the medicine, take a little of this prasadam. Is that all right?
- Is diet an important segment of the word?
- Is it true that if someone takes prasadam, they're guaranteed at least a human body in their next life?
- Is taking prasadam one of the exchanges of love, where we accept food from a lover?
- Is that all right? Yes? And they will take prasadam here, Srila Prabhupada?
- Is there any need to increase our prasadam distribution? Right now about a thousand people come
- Is there any reason why we are just distribute on a Saturday and Sunday (come over here. You are hungry, take prasadam. If I cannot supply daily, I'll supply at least two days, three days weekly)?
- Is there one for you, Srila Prabhupada (milk preparation)?
- It's mustard oil with spices, and I am not sure what the fruit is. It may be mango, I'm not sure… It's some kind of crude mango pickle… Do you want me to try to see what it is (why not take little?)?
- Next I'll give you some barley and milk. Would you like to have some bati chachury, Srila Prabhupada? Bati chachury?
- None of the tourists who are Westerners ever takes Jagannatha prasadam, do they?
- Nothing else (that little dal, daliya, bas)?
- Nothing else? No fruits (so for breakfast you can prepare that soup, the little. Just put vegetable soup)?
- Prabhupada, can you tell me what you want for prasadam today?
- Prabhupada, when we're chanting on the street and the people walk by and hear us chant or we give them prasadam or they give a small donation, to what extent is the benefit they receive?
- Prabhupada, would you like to take your prasadam now?
- Prasadam distribution is very important?
- Regarding your final question, once something is offered to the Deity, may it be offered again?
- Regarding your question about offering Prasadam...
- Regarding your question about the Prasadam recipes
- Regarding your question about why we do not eat meat and yet we eat plant life...
- Regarding your questions, you want to offer something in the evening to Krishna besides fruit and milk
- Regarding your questions: Once prasadam (water, or foodstuffs) is offered to the Lord, His Plate should remain on the altar for about 15-20 minutes (while the portion in the pots may be taken by the devotees)
- Say someone prepares something, like some prasadam for Krsna, but he does not make it so good?
- She asked if it (prasadam) was fattening. Would make her heavy?
- Should I bring that coconut chutney also?
- Should the Deities be offered grains for breakfast?
- Should we give them prasadam?
- So about in a half hour we can give you some juice maybe? Grape juice? Do you like grape juice?
- So is it that everything we do, are we trying to make some mental adjustment, that "We're taking prasadam..."?
- So may we offer you a special feasting?
- So then part of initiation means that you're prepared to do something more than simply chant and eat prasadam?
- So to celebrate that, shouldn't Pisima do some cooking? ... And you'll taste a little of each thing?
- So we should take the Deity prasadam and our prasadam and go to all the houses?
- Some devotees think that if they eat large quantities of milk, the more they eat, the more their brain will become big?
- Srila Prabhupada, should the devotees take prasadam now?… It's about 1:30 now. After taking prasadam we can meet and chalk out a program for parikrama and tirtha-yatra. Is that all right? Okay
- Srila Prabhupada, why is it necessary for someone to come here and chant Hare Krsna and take prasadam?
- Srila Prabhupada, would you like prasadam?
- Srila Prabhupada, you're not really going to try and eat that khicuri are you?
- Srila Prabhupada? Do you want anything tonight?
- Srila Prabhupada? For breakfast just fruits?
- Srila Prabhupada? I had a question about the prasadam distribution money that I am hoping to get from the record sales... I would like to know if some of it can be used for distributing prasadam in America
- Srila Prabhupada? They (Bon Maharaja and Krsna dasa Babaji) will take prasadam here, Srila Prabhupada?… They will take prasadam here? Bhakti-caru Maharaja cooks very, very first class Bengali prasadam
- Srila Prabhupada? When you took prasadam today did you find a little taste? Not yet. Did you have any avocado?
- Srila Prabhupada? Would you like some mint tea now?
- Swamiji? You said that if you eat too much you will pay. But how about the devotee? How about when they eat too much prasada?
- The devotees' prasada? Devotees' bhoga?
- The prasadam you're getting is all right, Srila Prabhupada?
- The temple should always have some prasadam there?
- Then a feast (for Balarama)?
- There are many other things that we offer Krsna besides patram puspam phalam toyam. So similarly, why can't we offer meat? He doesn't say, "Don't offer me meat"
- There is such a demand in Puri (Any time you can get one thousand man's eatables)?
- This is what? Like a cheese (Sandesa)?
- Tomato and cheese (for breakfast)?
- Tonight (to make idli)?
- Want some cold custard?
- Was lunch all right today? Lunch? Your lunch was all right?
- We can even offer a drink of water to Krsna before we drink it, can't we?
- We have been to Jagannatha Puri, and some jagannatha-prasada we have brought for you. Will you take some?
- We have some grapes. Shall I get them?
- We saw a rose-colored light that was vibrating all around the food. Is this how He eats?
- We were wondering, should we offer the food to the Deities in the temple or should we offer it in the restaurant?
- We'll defeat them by giving them prasadam, right, Prabhupada?
- What did you cook?
- What happens to a person if we just give him out on the street one Simply Wonderful or some prasadam, one piece of prasadam?
- What happens to the jiva souls who were fruits and vegetables that were offered to Krsna?
- What is the actual benefit that a karmi will get when he takes prasada?
- What is the importance of prasadam?
- What is the significance of the food that is eaten at ISKCON kirtanas?
- What kind (of juice) would you like to have?
- What kind of dahl would you like today?
- What time would you like breakfast?
- What types of food, what types of things do you drink, such as juices or anything else do you drink?
- What was the idea?
- What would you like to take for lunch today?
- What's it made of?
- When we prepare a feast we should give and give and give, and when no one wants any more then...
- When you take Krsna prasadam, the living entities which are within our body, they're also taking prasadam?
- Whew! Only?… Nothing else (at that time Kirtanananda Maharaja was taking one capati)?
- Why can't we offer meat?
- Would you like to take fruit now, or prasadam as regular?
- Yes, fried portal also. Would you like to have some capati with that, Srila Prabhupada? Capati? Or some rice?
- Yesterday you took dal and ruti? ... How was it tasting?
- You gave some diet that we should follow. We shouldn't have meat, eggs, fish, and chicken. Can we eat cheese? Is there anything else we should not eat in our diet?
- You have said simply by eating prasadam this is controlling the tongue. But still, we have tendency when there is a big feast to eat very much prasadam. Is this a good thing, or...?
- You stated that a statue of yourself is not the same as you, and yet in some of our temples, such as Vrndavana, the murti of Your Divine Grace has been installed and they are offering prasadam. So is it the same, that the prasadam is accepted by the guru?
- You want some channa?
- You want some more vegetables and puris?
- You want strawberry juice or plain strawberries?
- You want sweet water?
- You want to try some malapuyas later on tonight?
- You went there (Jagannatha Temple) sometimes to take prasadam?
- You'll take one little taste (ice cream), Srila Prabhupada?
- You'll take, Srila Prabhupada? Also some jinga