Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Vedic Culture and Philosophy
Pages in category "Questions On... Vedic Culture and Philosophy"
The following 111 pages are in this category, out of 111 total.
- According to the Vedic conception, is the king or the monarch above the law?
- All over the entire world we find the Indian community, practically speaking. Is this part of Lord Caitanya's plan to help spread this Vedic culture?
- All the Vedic literatures? Why would they be written down?
- Although, Srila Prabhupada, it's somewhat easy for us to convince that Srimad-Bhagavatam is the summary study of all the Vedic literatures, how can we take that Bhagavad-gita is the summary study?
- America (formerly the Aryans never touched these places. Africa or similar, other places. They were living in best places, like India. Now the number of sinful persons are increasing. Therefore they have been transferred here)?
- Are there any other Vedic scriptures that you believe speak to a situation that is greatly misunderstood today besides this?
- Are these astrological charts very much applicable for a devotee, Srila Prabhupada?
- Are we to believe in that by chanting the holy name of Krsna that we can attain a higher conscious level on this earth and attain self-realization without going through all the rigors of the old Vedas, scriptures?
- Are you saying that this (Vedic) knowledge has appeared in many forms? Does it appear also in, let's say, Christianity, in Muslim, Mohammedanism?
- Did the Greek civilization follow the Vedic culture?
- Do the Vedic histories refer to this planet only?
- Do we have a meaning, do we have a definition for the third eye?
- Do you accept the supremacy of the Vedas, veda-pramanam?
- Do you think that the Vedic sciences will be revived?
- Do you think that this concept (God means Supreme Controller) is the special insight of the Vedic?
- Do you think the deep-rooted Indian culture and religion will ever have a sort of a re-creation, or will it continue?
- Does that mean they have no knowledge about leaves (Vedic scripture was there. They did not read. That's all)?
- Has God also devised the most perfect government?
- He thought the word (electricity) did not exist at the time?
- He wanted to know what is the relation between the Vedic culture of India and the cultures that originally were in Latin America. There seemed to be some similarity, cultures such as the different Indian cultures?
- How does the ksatriya build a palace for himself or something like that?
- How is it done (calculation of time from the atom, Srila Prabhupada. He is talking about Bhagavatam. By the light passing over the atom, you can calculate the time, the sunlight passing over the atomic particles)?
- How old are the oldest of the Vedic scriptures?
- I read too, Srila Prabhupada, that in the time of Maharaja Yudhisthira there was only rainfall in the nighttime. Is this true?
- If the Vedic culture was a superior culture, how come man gave up the Vedic culture to take to the materialistic life?
- If the Vedic scriptures were written about five thousand years ago then how is it just only five hundred years ago somebody came to impart what was written five thousand years ago?
- In India is everybody lost, the Indian culture...?
- In India isn't it the system that after they harvest the wheat they leave some on the ground for the others to come and pick?
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that, you were lecturing that, that unless one performs the proper samskaras for the children, they will become degraded. They will not follow the regulative principles and such... They become unwanted population?
- In the Bhagavad-gita it says that those who are different modes of nature, they have different types of charity and different types of religion. So does this mean religions that are already established in the Vedas or...?
- In the Kali-yuga, bhakti has been described as the most suitable and easiest of paths for God realization. Yet how is it that Vedantic teachings, with their accent on jnana, are being given the pride of place by noted savants or knowers?
- In the last fifty years or so that especially that the Indian culture has been squashed and perverted by the British... Is that because of mass communication, Prabhupada?
- In the Vedic age wouldn't everyone want to become a brahmana? Why train someone as a sudra?
- In the Vedic culture, are people allowed to follow any other belief? In a society where there is Krsna conscious king or president, say someone doesn't want to be a devotee. What happens to him?
- In your lectures you continually speak of the ten samskaras that children should have
- Is astrology of any importance to a way of life?
- Is it confirmed that the similarities in symbolism and cultural relationships, which are similar in civilizations all over the world, can that be due to the fact that they are all coming from the same source? Five thousand years ago there was one culture?
- Is our goal to actually establish Vedic principles back into society again at large?
- Is that (brain substance in man is more than the woman) in the Vedas also?
- Is that a science, Srila Prabhupada, that numbers (numerology)?
- Is that kind of information given in the Vedas (a class of men, they are called vaidyas (doctors). They know all these herb, which herb is medicine for certain disease, and they sell in the market)?
- Is there a minimum age for the man (a girl is married before puberty, she is not allowed to go to the husband until she has attained puberty... After attaining puberty there is another second marriage. Then the husband and wife live together)?
- Is there a Vedic definition of science?
- Is there anyone actually outside of sanatana-dharma then?
- Is there anything in the Vedic literature which supports Darwin's theory?
- Isn't yours a product of or derivative of Vedic?
- It is a fact though that the repository of Indian culture and religion is Sanskrit. So are you saying then that the harijanas or these class of people...?
- It is said that the karma-kanda in the Vedas has almost gone out of use, except for a few rites which remain in vogue for marriage, sraddhas, etc. Is it advisable to revive the karma-kanda with its stress on the performance of various yajnas?
- It's more in this state (Bengal) than anywhere else, they don't cover their head. Is that due to her influence (wife of Ramakrishna)?
- Nationalism (what is this nationalism? We said, there is no such thing as nationalism in the Vedic literature, no such thing)?
- Nistraigunya, traigunya-visaya veda nistraigunyo bhavarjuna. If there is a contradiction between the principles taught by Vedas and taught by Gita?
- Now the incentive in modern society to become educated or to become engineer is money. What is the incentive in Vedic culture?
- Now, you are not practicing the Vedic system, then, here, are you? Or are you?
- Plato says, "men must be brought up from childhood to feel pleasure and pain at the proper things, for this is correct education." So how does this correspond to the Vedic view of education?
- Prabhupada, is this philosophy like karma-mimamsa which is described in the Krsna book? Is this the same principle, where they feel that simply by their endeavor things will come, without the sanction of God? Is this karma-mimamsa?
- Prabhupada, this morning you talked about astrology in your lecture. Is this accepted in the Vedic scripture and by the gurus?
- Separate quarters in the apartment. And the husband would not see his wife during the day?
- She (whose husband is not at home) won't take bath?
- So the incentive (in Vedic culture) is the happiness in society?
- Srila Prabhupada, are these astrologers, ah, are, can we believe in them, what they say? Called pseudo-science
- Srila Prabhupada, did the people, in order to get valuable minerals and gold and things like that, did they mine underneath the ground?
- Srila Prabhupada, I wanted to ask you that in your lectures you continually speak of the ten samskaras that children should have?
- Srila Prabhupada, if the kings were taught to govern the whole universe, does that mean all the worlds, all the worlds in the universe?
- Srila Prabhupada, you said that the demigods, they want to take birth in India, but is there not the same Vedic culture in the heavenly planets?
- That has social effects that could change the world?
- That is a Vedic...(are things like Hiranyakasipu penances anywhere in the Vedas)?
- That means this civilization must have felt the pangs of the modern sciences and then they must have lost it (three books: one is Akasa-patola, one is Kapota-vahi and Khapoda-vahi). No?
- The Vedic civilization is centered around villages, not cities?
- There is a question I have wanted to ask for many years now. The Vedic culture and the Islamic culture have many similarities
- There's no yajna, so there's no sun?
- These things, they are also in Manu-samhita?
- They have farms, they call them sea farms and they specially grow the seaweed for cultivation... But the Vedic culture, I don't think they like this. They'll prefer this... Do you think Prabhupada?
- Was long hair a sign of beauty in those days?
- Was that (for enjoyment they would even put two gladiators fighting each other, two men killing each other, and they would all watch) to the death?
- What about adultery, Prabhupada? She wants to know what the Vedas say should be the... What is the reaction for adultery? How does one deal with an adulterer? If someone is an adulterer and he's caught, what should be the...
- What about people who have come since the Vedic literatures, since the time the Vedic literatures were written. What about them?
- What I was trying to ask you a while ago, do you think that these particular Vedic disciplines and spiritual principles, concentration on the spirit instead of the body, has a particular usefulness in Western society nowadays?
- What incentives can be given to harijanas to learn Sanskrit, the repository of Indian culture and religion?
- What is evolution, according to the Vedas? What is this evolution that is talked about by the scientists?
- What is that (first thing is, any woman except one's own wife), Srila Prabhupada?
- What is the speciality of Vedic injunction compared to Hebrew scriptures?
- What is the Vedic explanation (about moon orbit), Srila Prabhupada?
- What is the Vedic explanation of the working principle of the brain, how our brain is working?
- What was the Vedic punishment if somebody broke these moral principles?
- When the Aryan civilization was there in the past, Swamiji, were there also such kind of economic problems?
- When they agree at this young age (marriage), they should wait till they get older, right?
- Where do they send that (pregnant) mother?... If the man sends the woman away, where does she...?
- Why did Krsna allow the Muslims to enter and do so much damage to the Vedic culture?
- Why don't we go back to Vedas, and then we will know the Bhagavad-gita also?
- Why in the Rg Veda there is not even the name of Krsna?
- Why the four Vedas are written in a different type of sanskrit from classical?
- Why the Vedas allow us to eat the meat of goat and other animals?
- Why would they practice yoga at a time when everybody was pure already?
- With more people in politics in India, are they able to keep the Vedic ideal? Or...?
- Within the courtyard (aristocratic family, they would have lake within the house)?
- Within Vedic culture, what is meant by bhakti-yoga?
- Would a Vedic king try to prohibit the fifth-class men from eating the animals?
- Would he be cursing with the right or left hand?
- Would the blacksmiths do the puja to Visvakarma, or brahmanas?
- Would you accept conclusions from science that..., only if it agreed with the Vedic scriptures?
- You support the ancient caste system?
- Your authority for this statement is based in the Vedic literature?
- Your internal potency You have set up the influence of maya. That is part of the internal potency?... Well, I thought it was the external potency?
- Your knowledge says that millions of years ago there were higher forms of living entities on this planet?