Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Sankirtan - Public Chanting, Book Distribution
Pages in category "Questions On... Sankirtan - Public Chanting, Book Distribution"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- According to yoga, a yogi becomes sama-duhkha-sukhah svasthah sama-lostasma-kancanah, tulya-priyapriyo dhiras tulya-nindatma-samstutih. Can it be achieved by sankirtana?
- Actually, although the actual number of initiated devotees is still few, there is a growing, ever-growing number of sympathizers - So you make good supporter, then government is yours - Then it's all based on selling your books more and more?
- And you’ve got another copy of this (book)?
- Are the (book) prices in here?
- As Your Divine Grace had said, that due to the sankirtana movement an auspicious atmosphere is being created all over the world. So is it not possible that at least for the time being things will improve?
- But aren't they also purified spiritually by doing this (distribute these books)?
- But how would you be able to carry out your educational or book publishing program if you did not have a financial backing?
- But mostly they are in America. Also in that number in Japan (in one week, the books, total of books, was seven lakhs books in one week)?
- But nobody off the street would go into the temple, would they (our business is to sell this book so that people may take advantage of it…. we have got fifty books like that… We are giving enough knowledge)?
- But what is the position now? Is it dying out or increasing?
- But why do you blame us for not surrendering when we see that even Krsna's devotees can't surrender to Him? They come to us and ask us for money for these books. Why don't they give them away?
- Devotees are doing very well in Moscow, Prabhupada? Is that right? They are distributing books there?
- Did Lord Caitanya have women, householders traveling with Him when He went on sankirtana?
- Did you stand on street corners and chant?
- Distributing books (first-class brain, they should be engaged in studying sastras, writing books and in the worship of the Deity, lecturing enlightened people. This is brahmana. They haven't got to work as ksatriya, as vaisya)?
- Have they encountered any problems in, like out on the Hollywood Boulevard? Police action or telling them to move or...?
- Have you any comment about the lawsuit that the sect here is involved in with regard to whether they should be allowed to sell literature and collect donations?
- He's asking how does our sankirtana activities relate to God consciousness, the selling of books and collecting of donations?
- How can we increase our desire for sankirtana?
- How does it benefit the person who is selling the book, the devotee?… How is he benefited by selling books to others?
- I was asked one day a question, "Why these Hare Krsna people dance in the streets?"
- I'm sure that you're aware that to many people in the West, in America, in New York City specifically, that your disciples seem strange because of the way they act on the streets. What about that?
- If you want your thoughts to be passed on to other people, why do you sell the books and make money out of them?
- In case we want to order them (Srila Prabhupada`s books) for our...?
- In India (we got to get the books)?
- In one week (the total of books was seven lakhs books in one week)? That would be hundred thousand dollars
- Is it more important to organize the women's book distribution or to work on College preaching?
- Is this manifestation, dressing in this fashion, playing drums and dancing in the streets, the only way to be spiritual?
- Many of your followers dress in what for the West is an odd fashion and relate to the world in what for the West is an odd fashion. Can you respond to that? Why have you asked your followers to dress in this fashion and to play drums on the streets?
- May I join the kirtana in the streets over the weekend? Dressed as I am?
- My program now is I have ten brahmacaris in buses, and everything and we're distributing books. But if the people are in chaos, how they will be able to accept the knowledge in the books?
- One thing, New Zealand cities are passing bylaws which seek to ban the chanting of your disciples in the streets. Do you get much opposition like this?
- Orissa will be nice (for the sankirtana party)?
- Our mind gets distracted even while we're engaged in selling Back to Godhead, then how can we always, how can we always return to that point of remembering even though our senses are being dragged by billboard signs and so many...
- People still tell us that You tell us the philosophy, we like the philosophy, but why do you go on sankirtana? So what were some of the arguments you presented to these type of people?
- Prabhupada, if someone is hearing the holy name in the street, if the sankirtana party is chanting, and they are atheists, what benefit is it for them?
- Prabhupada, when we're chanting on the street and the people walk by and hear us chant or we give them prasadam or they give a small donation, to what extent is the benefit they receive?
- Prabhupada, when we're out on sankirtana, chanting, what would be the best way for us to engage the crowd to become participants in the chant with us?
- Regarding your question about collecting...
- Regarding your question about taking Gaura-Nitai Deities with you on travelling Kirtana...
- Regarding your question is it all right to assign the entire sankirtana party for distributing books so that no one will be free for street chanting?
- Regarding your question whether some small lies may be said in order to sell our books
- Regarding your questions about Sankirtana Party...
- Should I concentrate my time for this (pushing our books)?
- So I have a vehicle. They also could travel with us, and in the same town they will do nagara-sankirtana all day long and distribute books?
- So I'm wondering how Lord Caitanya's movement is going on on other planets other than this planet. Is there some organized sankirtana?
- So Srila Prabhupada, there's chanting party ready to do sankirtana. So may they come in?
- So we are requesting if all the devotees can possibly go (this evening they are having one convention here, the Democratic National Convention… So we want to send all the devotees in the temple on sankirtana party there)?
- Some of the objections are that the followers of the Hare Krsna sect are, on the streets or in the airports, are bothering people
- Sometimes the devotees ask if they can take birth again distributing books for you
- Srila Prabhupada, does spiritual life progress faster if one lives in the temple and goes on the sankirtana party?
- Srila Prabhupada, what is the exact benefit if a person just takes a Srimad-Bhagavatam on the street and gives some donation to help out the printing costs or whatever?
- Srila Prabhupada, you first began to distribute Back to Godhead magazine by yourself, right, in India? You would go to the shops?
- Srila Prabhupada? When people in the street hear Krsna's name, the chanting, or they get some literature, does that mean they will not take birth as an animal?
- Srimad-Bhagavatam, we are selling it to the libraries for forty-five rupees... The general price is higher. What's the U.S. registered price?
- The library party (are you anxious to receive report from them)?
- The one (University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia) who took your Nectar of Devotion?
- There's some countries in Europe where they have absolute laws against selling books in the street. In these countries do we have to make something secret to sell your books?
- They see us distributing, and they don't like what we're doing, they get very angry, but still, they're thinking of Krsna all day. We often wondered how they are benefiting even though they maintain this very envious...?
- They still have to go out and ask occasionally (but those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form - to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have)?
- This is on chanting hari-nama in the streets, chanting Hare Krsna in the streets with mrdangas and karatalas. It's a very important part of our program. Is that correct?
- We can arrange to sell our books to them (libraries in Russia) at any cost?
- We have a display over here in the window of your books, Srila Prabhupada... Would you like to see?
- We printed that little Bhagavad-gita, remember? That we've distributed twenty-five thousand. So seventy-five thousand Bhagavad-gita one year
- We should occupy the L.I.C. grounds in Delhi with kirtana?
- We went out for distributing at some place and then we make them to chant Hare Krsna at that time. And then, if we leave them they forget. Did they become purified?
- Well, and they think how to sell literature and... Is that the way to God consciousness, by selling and soliciting (they say that they are representing some drug center)? Is that…?… How does that fit in?
- Well, what happens to the rest of the money, though, that is collected in the streets?
- What are some of the other, aside from...? I mean, I see people selling things. What other practices are involved?
- What did you have to offer then. If you were chanting in the park and I said "What are you doing? Why are you chanting? What's your thing here?"
- What heading does book distribution come under?
- What I'm finding difficult is, for instance, we see on Oxford Street a lot of people who are handing out Hare Krsna literature… And you're really not concerned whether or not they join the Hare Krsna movement?
- What if we're going on sankirtana or something like that, how can we be sure that we won't fall down, we won't overendeavor? How can we be sure that we're not pushing ourselves too much?
- What is the daily income here? They would be interested to know the daily income for their own selves, daily income for the book sales
- What is the way you go about collecting money? Books are the only source of your... That means the devotees do not contribute to the... But do the devotees contribute in any way?
- When we are distributing books, Srila Prabhupada, and we are not doing so good and we are in anxiety, that is also spiritual?
- When we come to a center, naturally there are certain men who want to go traveling. Not all men want to go traveling, but there are definitely some who want to go traveling. And if they come to me, what should I do? Tell them, "No, I'm sorry"?
- When we print this book (Brahma-samhita), should we distribute it freely? Should we distribute this book to the masses?
- Where is the profit? Into distributing more books (where the profit is going?)?
- Where it says that "by selling my books I am bringing foreign exchange," it's for India's development? ... Whether there should be any word that also signifies that we have local support also?
- Will there be preaching centers in every town and village, or will it just be a question of traveling through and preaching to the people and ticking off that we've been there?
- Would you like to see those advertisements?
- Would you say something about the mercy of Lord Caitanya's sankirtana movement?
- Yet now there is a new controversy in America because during Christmas season our book distributors dress themselves up as Santa Claus. You've seen Santa Claus?
- You are selling your books in Moscow?
- You have asked about whether nuclear devastation on this planet would effect the Sankirtana Movement. No, there is nothing that can stop the Sankirtana Movement
- You have asked how the Sankirtana activities become more relishable every day...
- You have asked me for suggestions of what to say to different persons on Sankirtana Party...
- You would go to different libraries and colleges?
- Your question about travelling SKP parties in other zones...