Welcome to Vaniquotes, an unparalleled repository of statements of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda grouped together via themes, personalities, scriptures and the usage of language. Each quote is linked to it's original source, thereby keeping everything within its proper context. Vaniquotes is organically homegrown and hand-made by many different devotees from around the world as an offering of love to respect the sublime words of Śrila Prabhupāda.
Total number of quotes in Vaniquotes is 2,002,742:
|Conversations / Morning Walks||405,715|
- Vaniquotes collects Śrīla Prabhupāda's comments under naturally accruing themes, therefore giving the reader better access to the powerful messages that Śrīla Prabhupāda is giving.
- Quotes are presented in scriptural order and by date. Each quote is also linked to Vanisource (Prabhupāda's books, lectures, conversations and letters), thereby keeping everything in context.
- The reader can approach Vaniquotes via philosophical and social themes, the different personalities who present them, or from such interesting directions as Śrīla Prabhupāda's usage of the English, Sanskrit and Bengali languages.
- As Vaniquotes develops, the audio versions of Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures and conversations will also be compiled along with the text versions, thus offering a profound hearing experience for the reader and thereby keeping the individual quotes even more in context.
- Vaniquotes supplies the resources to further develop the Vanipedia projects; other sections, such as Vanipedia articles, Vanibooks, and Vaniversity online courses will draw from Vaniquotes. The more pages we have in Vaniquotes, the richer the articles in Vanipedia will be, the more comprehensive the compendiums in Vanibooks, and the more variegated and inclusive the Vaniversity online courses will be – and all representative of the siddhanta of our disciplic succession.
A Work in Progress
Compiling in Vaniquotes can be compared to building a very big temple. There are lots of stages, and at times the construction site looks a little messy. However, there is a team of architects, engineers and workers of many different capacities all serving together to finish the offering of love to glorify God. Over time the beauty of the temple becomes self manifested. Similarly we are attempting to build a valuable resource of Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings and when completed it will manifest as a beautiful Vani Temple for all to experience. Completing all the petals of Vanipedia is a herculean task, that will take either:
- A few committed people a long period of time.
- Many committed people a short period of time.
"Before enlightenment, copy & paste. After enlightenment, copy & paste."
Our simple motto for Vanipedia reflects the massive task of compiling all of Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings. It also reflects our conviction that Śrīla Prabhupāda has said it all, and it reflects our resolve to stay fixed in our duty until the task is completed.
Collaborate with us to translate multi-language subtitles for 1080 videos - 1 to 15 minute audio clips translated into your language by Śrīla Prabhupāda's 50th Anniversary of leaving this world on the 4th of November 2027.
- To date, over 590 devotees have translated 33,000 subtitles in 91 languages.
You can now listen while you read statements from Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures, conversations, interviews and morning walks, all organized thematically by date, location and subject.
Completing the Vaniquotes petal is essential for the development of Vanipedia, Vanibooks and Vaniversity petals. At present we have pages, either completely finished or in process. Please contact us by email at [email protected] to see how you can help.
- Our aim is to have 150,000 to 200,000 completed pages.
- We have an active team of volunteer compilers from different countries around the world.
- If you want to find out more about the whole project then everything is explained here.
- If you do not have the time to help out, please consider contributing by making a donation.
Authorized and Empowered
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda is a self-realized, pure devotee of Lord Kṛṣṇa. While physically present among us he shared the essence of Vedic knowledge liberally and without prejudice. His only desire was to fulfill his spiritual master's desire – to introduce the process of Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the world.Śrīla Prabhupāda showed us the importance of living life according to the directions given in scripture. He spoke and wrote profusely so that many may have this guidance in life, and he wished that every person on the planet had the opportunity to read his books now and in the future.
|Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada|
|"So this material condition of life is diseased condition. That we do not know. And we are trying to enjoy in this diseased condition. That means we are aggravating the disease—we have to continue. We are not curing the disease. Just like the physician gives some restriction, "Ah, my dear patient, you do not eat like this. You do not drink like this. You take this pill." So there are some restriction and rules and regulations—that is called tapasya. But if the patient thinks that "Why shall I follow all these restrictions? I shall eat whatever I like. I shall do whatever I like. I am free," then he’ll not be cured. He’ll not be cured."|
|680504 - Lecture SB 05.05.01-3 - Boston|
Hare Kṛṣṇa Hare Kṛṣṇa - Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Hare Hare - Hare Rāma Hare Rāma - Rāma Rāma Hare Hare
All material by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
Images copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, and The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust International, Inc.
Compilation copyright © Bhaktivedanta Library Services a.s.b.l.