Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Education, Training, Learning
Pages in category "Questions On... Education, Training, Learning"
The following 180 pages are in this category, out of 180 total.
- After ten years? Then they (gurukulis) can do Deity worship?
- Also, should this college have men and woman or just men (this is a union of various theological schools. So now in Berkeley we have this very nice building, and we can become a member of this Graduate Theological Union)?
- And this (primary readings) is all right to use (for the New Vrndavana Gurukula)?
- And we let the parents know how the children is progressing? Do we have responsibility to parents, to let them know, inform them about the progress of children?
- And you think they (gurukulis) can be taught typing, for instance? A skill like typing and how to use typewriter?
- Any elaboration of what you refer to as vanaprastha college?
- Any English literature, American literature, English literature (should be taught)?
- Any Indian history (should be taught)?
- Any of the sciences at all (should be taught)?
- Are we not training all classes of men? In Krsna consciousness...?
- Are you attempting to form a college?
- Are you thinking of formal education now?
- Are you training people to become teachers in this school, this process of education?
- Arithmetic should be taught (in Gurukula)?
- As for your question regarding the children, what can I do? I am not a teacher. You should ask Satsvarupa on all of these matters, he is the GBC, so everything small and big should be referred to Satsvarupa
- At Vrndavana you studied at a later time, then, did you?
- At what age should they (gurukulis) be taught to cook prasadam?
- Biology (should be taught)?
- Brahmana can teach how to fight?
- But how would you be able to carry out your educational or book publishing program if you did not have a financial backing?
- But is that true (training should be given from childhood)?
- But now we should not teach them any exercise at all?
- But Prabhupada, I'm still not quite clear. In other words, we'd teach, for example, like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam (on the varnasrama college)?
- But there's no doubt it would be a big help if we could give Ph.D.s. Wouldn't it establish? Give some prestige?
- But trained by others or trained by themselves (a certain man can be trained up as first-class man)?
- But what if they change later on in their life (you believe in free choice. So suppose the children grow up and they want to go to college. But you have not sent them to a public school. Therefore they are not eligible for going to college)?
- But, of course, there are conflicting educations, aren't there (people should be educated that "If you do not perform this yajna, you will suffer")?
- Can a normal student from, for instance, from one of the best universities, who is attending lectures in normal way, etc., also be initiated and admitted to your community?
- Can a scientist teach the science of combining acid and alkaline and this kind of science with Krsna as its object?
- Can intelligence be created in an unintelligent person?
- Can the older boys be trained in a particular kind of devotional service? For example, press work?
- Can you make a child Krsna conscious if you yourself don't believe in Krsna consciousness?
- Can you say something about the training for a brahmana (in the varnasrama college)?
- Did they (Scottish Churches College) teach in English or Bengali?
- Did you get formal training with a...?
- Did you then begin, after you finished the university, did you begin your writing?
- Did you yourself study Sanskrit at Vrndavana or...?
- Do you advocate sending the children to secular schools, or have you made arrangements with the government to...?
- Do you consider that your movement is basically more of an educational movement than a religious movement?
- Do you feel, sir, that it (education about God) is lacking only here in the United States?
- Do you go to this institute for a certain period of time (yes, there is a monastery. We have got institution, Gaudiya Math Institution. They have got hundreds of branches, yes)?
- Do you have any hope in the future that you, your movement, will involve printing a lot of books, making, building schools for your children?
- Do you have any sort of teachers in your centers, and how do they get their education if you have any teachers?
- Do you have plans for other schools?
- Do you have programs developed to educate mankind towards this God consciousness?
- Do you hope to acquire school buildings for teaching school?
- Do you mean that (if you keep people in darkness - he does not know what is his future - then what is the use of education and university) the university should be abolished?
- Do you think it is possible to live in say an education framework, or should it be something quite separate?
- Do you think that the present democratic system will be able to impart a spiritual education?
- Do you use any grammar, Sanskrit grammar, when you study Sanskrit?... How do they learn when they learn Sanskrit?
- Do you want this to become a part of the educational system here?
- Even the basic of this (you were saying that the children should learn these three, geography and these things, and I wanted to know if they should also learn what they call biology, that is how the body is working, what are the bones and blood)?
- Even with this education, they (the children in Gurukula) still might not be intelligent, what you consider intelligent people. How, you know... Is it more likely that they will be what you would term intelligent, having been educated in this system?
- Everyone has to learn from someone. Who has informed God of all knowledge?
- Have you studied other religions?
- He (Sanskrit scholar) does not want to learn (English) ?
- How about teaching them how to love themselves?
- How can we add (introduce classes where such laws of nature (dehino 'smin) and such-on scientific line, without giving it a Hindu or religious name) in innumerable, rather, uncountless schools and colleges?
- How do we give knowledge to the common masses of people?
- How do you teach a varnasrama college? In varnasrama college if somebody comes in... They say, "I want to be ksatriya" or "I want to be vaisya." Is it like that?
- How do you teach Krsna consciousness to a five year old who is only a children? What it means to be a teacher?
- How do you teach your disciples to become aware of this force which is no matter that makes matter alive?
- How far the study of the scriptures helps us in being Krsna conscious?
- How much would be expected of the students (of the Varnasrama College) as far as...? Would they live with us and follow the four principles? Like that? Or just come for classes or...?
- How to mend from lies?
- How to mend him (a Gurukula student) from lies? He speaks lies
- How will your movement give anybody brains?
- How would it (varnasrama college) differ from gurukula?
- I am very distressed that none of these boys continue their education. What is going to happen to them when they are like you, when they're older, they have no talents?
- I mean to my mind. It (the cause of nonretirement) may be another cause also. I don't know. What do you think? Lack of proper education?
- I see there are a lot of young children in the asrama. Do you run sort of a school for them all?
- I was taking the children in the land here and teaching them how to recognize the different plants. Is that useful, or should I not do that? here we have so many different plants growing, some medical plants, some that can be eaten. Is there any use?
- If God Himself comes to teach to someone in this world, and if he has learned from God directly and he is satisfied that he has learned, can he, a few minutes afterwards, forget and depart in a very ridiculous way from what God has taught him?
- If I understand you correctly, you seem to be educating people on a purely scientific basis… So where does religion come into it at all?
- If you don't teach vaisyas for this gurukula then how do they do the accounts?
- If you hadn't been educated, father, well, how would you be able to have...?
- In Bombay rather than Mayapur (if we organize our Bombay, then we shall regularly teach all the students from the very beginning)?
- In Calcutta. And when you were there in Calcutta, did you receive the training?
- In college if they start to study biology or zoology, it involves killing animals, dissection. Is that a sin?
- In our community, being as we're training up as Vaisnavas, how will we be able to make divisions in our society?
- In the family. Any formal?
- In this varnasrama college, is it true that there will be no need, for example, for teaching material history and mathematics and...?
- Is it an internal educational process or external (it is an educational movement to enlighten the people from gross ignorance to the highest enlightenment of spiritual understanding)?
- Is it more important to organize the women's book distribution or to work on College preaching?
- Is secularism coming in way of spreading spiritual education?
- Is the government discouraging...(opening certain schools in India on gurukula pattern)?
- Is there a minimum age for beginning such a college (varnasrama college)?
- Is there a movement to get this philosophy or science propagated in the colleges?
- Is there a process of training to become swami?
- Is this a government-recognized college now (at Navadvipa)?
- Is this school (varnasrama college) for women also, or just for men?
- It is part of your plan to operate schools for this purpose (a college to learn how to become first-class men)?
- Maharaja, don't you think it's high time that our Indian philosophy or Indian religion, some classes should be started in schools like they used to have?
- Many of the students at the Graduate Theological Union, they might want to come to our college (College of Vedic Science) to take just one or two courses. Would it be all right for them to do that?
- Painting (female children should be taught how to become faithful to the husband, and to learn the arts of cooking, arts of painting - that should be their subject matter)?
- Plato says, "men must be brought up from childhood to feel pleasure and pain at the proper things, for this is correct education." So how does this correspond to the Vedic view of education?
- She can keep him and teach him all the time? Until he's older and so on (he complained that "My boy is not being properly..." So I said that "You teach your son")?
- Should it also be taught how you make water from hydrogen and oxygen?
- Should our children who are at gurukula, when they grow up, should they go to that varnasrama college, or...?
- Should there (varnasrama college) be any material subject matters taught like in gurukula?
- Should they (devotees in our temples) be trained in a particular...?
- Should vaisyas be taught business also?
- Should we actually start to train up some of our men so they know how to fight?
- So how can we chalk out a program of, say, training of leaders from the villages...?
- So that can go on the top of the certificate?
- So that would be the title, Pujari Worship?
- So when people are taught, they will then understand. But what I'd also like to know, how would it affect the way they live? In sort of purely..., the way they go about their life
- So you'll cut off their education like that (they are now little children. But we don't wish to send them to college. We have got sufficient books)?
- Srila Prabhupada was in Scottish Church (College in Calcutta)?
- Srila Prabhupada, in Mayapur you were speaking about you wanted Mayapur to become a college for the University of Calcutta?
- Srila Prabhupada, should devotees in ISKCON, should a certain section of devotees in ISKCON be trained as ksatriyas? Should they be specially trained?
- Srila Prabhupada, they can teach these people how to educate the youngsters. Is this right?
- Srila Prabhupada, when would you like to speak to Dr. Judah about the college?
- Srimad-Bhagavatam (should be taught)?
- Still now the schools are respected now. Presidency College and Scottish Church College?
- Swamiji, I get two thoughts. Number one: having acquired a family, I am willing to renounce, but would I not be running away from the responsibility, in the name of Lord Krsna, for the bringing up and educating the children?
- That (I was intermediate, I.A. I had history and Sanskrit) was at Calcutta University?
- The idea of the college that you have in mind, is this going to be an all-around college, in other words teaching not only, you might say, Vaisnavism, but also English and the other subjects?
- The persons who would take part in such program (varnasrama college), they would have to be devotees in the first place. Is that...?
- The question is most of the African people here are not educated in spite of their education
- The ten-year-old boys who left Gurukula and went to Vrndavana and then went to Mayapur, what will they...? They will be trained in the divisions there and come back?
- Then we are giving them (everyone, cent percent godless, neither they have got intelligence to understand what is God) the intelligence as well as the answers? Because if they have no intelligence to understand...?
- They still would not be allowed to do it (chant Hare Krishna) in school. There's a law against that, officially, in school... We should try to fight that?
- They were a little strict. They were strict (we had all European professors)?
- This is (the varnasrama college) the most auspicious work for now, is this remedial measure to stop the chaos in the world?
- We have men who could teach this (varnasrama college) ? Do we have men...?
- We shall not take any education from the university?
- We're talking of you. You have got the power. But people follow you because they believe in you. So you have the power to educate them. And you're not hippies, are you?
- Well, I didn't mean yours in particular. I'm talking now of all of you. I'm not talking of you particularly. I'm talking of all of you. All your children, the married devotees... (do they go to school? Your children?)?
- Well, the basic question is how to handle the problem of modern education?
- Well, you're educated, you see... Yes, but how many of these are?
- What about any history? World history or American history or American literature or English literature?
- What about astronomy (should be taught)? Anything like that?... Any animal husbandry they can learn out there
- What about literatures (should be taught)? When they get older, of course. This would be for when they are older.
- What about taking the primers and changing the names of the people to people like Satyabhama and give them spiritual names. Would that be nice?
- What about your children? Where do they? Do they go to school?
- What are your instructions ... to the teachers as to how they treat parents? I have heard several parents sometimes complain that they don't get enough news about their children from the teachers. Should teacher let the parents know about the children?
- What comprises the examination for bhaktivedanta and bhakti-sastri? What is the syllabus?
- What do you propose to do with criminals in your educational system? How will you reform them?
- What incentives can be given to harijanas to learn Sanskrit, the repository of Indian culture and religion?
- What is the best method of making your children Krsna conscious? Teaching the sastra or...?
- What is the distinction between a culture and an education?
- What is the proper duty of the teacher in society? Let's say a science teacher. What should he be doing in the classroom?
- What is the standard of Calcutta University, Srila Prabhupada, at the time when Srila Prabhupada was in the University?
- What kind of training is there for a sudra?
- What of a boy who does the chanting nicely and the kirtana nicely but doesn't do the school work nicely?
- What should the boys be taught from ten to sixteen?
- What should the ksatriyas be taught?
- When does this training (as "first-class, second-class, third-class...") begin? In the very youngest age or...?
- When they come to our (varnasrama) college, they have to follow the four regulative principles, also learn something about Bhagavad-gita and then, side by side, they learn a...?
- Where and when did you learn English?
- Where would this (Srimad-Bhagavatam) come in, a book like this, in the study course?
- Which college (educated you)?
- While you were in the college or afterwards, did you participate in any political movements?
- Who will teach him to be a ksatriya or who will teach him to be a vaisya?
- Why does it take us so long to learn?
- Why don't they teach this in our schools and colleges?
- Will this center also be a place of learning for Sanskrit studies and allied topics?
- Without perfect knowledge, can I not teach some things?
- Would the brahmanas learn Sanskrit (in the varnasrama college)?
- You are a cultured man. You're educated... Did you not learn...? Who gave you the talent to translate your Vedic scriptures?... Who gave you the talent, father?
- You are travelling to India, I hear?... Are you establishing a university in India?... At Navadvipa?
- You asked earlier about our program for educating society; are you still interested in this?
- You don't have the Bengali panditas teaching Sanskrit (at Navadvipa)?
- You said you wanted to give certain titles for different categories?
- You say that Krsna consciousness people should start at an early age, but does that mean we should consider ourselves at age of a very small child towards beginning Krsna consciousness?
- You teach your children, don't you? No, I didn't mean disciples. I meant children, little ones. They understand, do they not?
- You wanted the colleges named the Vedic Theological College?
- You were saying that the children should learn these three, geography and these things, and I wanted to know if they should also learn what they call biology, that is how the body is working, what are the bones and blood and...
- Your plan here in America, then, is to set up centers so that those who are that concerned can pursue their studies and practice a ritual?