Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Interpreting the Bhagavad-gita
Pages in category "Interpreting the Bhagavad-gita"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- A devoted person faithfully understands just what is actually stated in the pages of Bhagavad-gita and does not resort to imagination, or the empiric philosophical approach, generally called "spiritual interpretation"
- A Krsna conscious person should not be bewildered by fools; he should avoid all unauthorized commentaries and interpretations on Bhagavad-gita and proceed in Krsna consciousness with determination and firmness
- At the present moment Bhagavad-gita is being interpreted by anyone and everyone according to his whims. That is not permissible. That is not Bhagavad-gita
- Bhagavad-gita cannot be interpreted by foolish commentators. It must be studied through the parampara system, acarya upasanam. One must worship the acarya and learn from him what is Bhagavad-gita. Acaryavan puruso veda
- Bhagavad-gita is mostly read by almost all classes of people of the world, but unfortunately they are accepted in an independent choice of indirect interpretation. That is a deviation, and for that reason only they cannot derive the direct benefit
- Bhagavad-gita was Gandhi's life and soul practically. And in the morning he was having Bhagavad-gita class; in the evening he was having Bhagavad-gita class. So that was his life and soul. But unfortunately he interpreted Bhagavad-gita in his own way
- By my mental speculation, by rascal interpretation, by showing one's scholarship, you cannot understand Bhagavad-gita. That is not possible. Submissive
- Don't try to interpret in a different way. The whole mischief is that everyone has got his own theosophy. And Bhagavad-gita is a popular book, and he wants to prove his own philosophy through Bhagavad-gita
- Dr. Radhakrishnan interprets: It is not the personal Krsna to whom we have to give ourselves up utterly but the Unborn, Beginningless, Eternal who speaks through Krsna
- Dr. Radhakrishnan's misinterpretation of Text 34 of Chapter 9 of Bhagavad-gita
- Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh. This is the acarya. Acarya will never interpret things like that. You see Ramanujacarya's comments on Bhagavad-gita. Nothing changed. But in every sloka he has given evidence from the Vedas, from the Upanisads
- Everyone wants to propound a type of philosophical method and tries to become famous. That is the natural way. But you make your philosophical presentation in different way. You have got right. But don't try to interpret in Bhagavad-gita
- Everything is clearly said in the BG. I speak, therefore, to my disciples that "You simply repeat like parrot BG and follow first your life. Don't try to become very big scholar, do interpretation. Remain foolish & believe in Krsna. Then life is perfect"
- I am glad to note that you have got the highest estimation for Gita. I am just trying to present the conclusion of Gita to the world as it is and without any imperfect compromise with speculative interpretations
- I am publishing Bhagavad-gita As It Is because in the market there were so many Bhagavad-gita misinterpreted, but that is not the process of presenting Bhagavad-gita
- If one wants to understand Bhagavad-gita by his imperfect interpretations, one cannot possibly understand the mysteries of Bhagavad-gita, even though one may be a great scholar according to mundane estimation
- If people only come to these centers, these centers of spiritual knowledge, Krsna consciousness movement, hear the Bhagavad-gita as it is, without any so-called scholastic interpretation, all rascal, as it is, then they also can derive the benefit
- If someone is fortunate enough to understand Bhagavad-gita in that line of disciplic succession, without motivated interpretation, then he surpasses all studies of Vedic wisdom, and all scriptures of the world
- If they are not devotee, how they can interpret on Krsna? Just like a member of a family can say very nicely about the head of the family; how outsiders can say about the family? That is not possible
- If you have got some opinion, if you have got some philosophy, you can write in your own book. Why you are, I mean to say, killing others and yourself by interpreting Bhagavad-gita?
- If you kindly avoid this misleading interpretation, and if you take Bhagavad-gita as it is, then you get the science of God, science of religion, which is applicable either to Indonesian or Indian or African or American, everyone
- If you try to understand in a different way, if you want to give a different interpretation of Bhagavad-gita, that may be a manifestation of your scholarship, but that is not Bhagavad-gita. By your scholarship, you can manufacture some idea
- Is it not a Hindi word? Kuruksetra is a name of place. So what is the difficulty? Why do you interpret that Kuruksetra means this body? This rascaldom has killed the whole spiritual atmosphere of India
- It is not our business to amend the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or make additions or alterations, as it has become a custom for many so-called scholars and svamis who comment on the words of Bhagavad-gita
- It is not that one accepts a portion of Bhagavad-gita according to his own whimsical interpretations and then rejects another portion. This is not sraddha. Sraddha means accepting the instructions of Bhagavad-gita in their totality
- It was spoken by the Supreme Lord personally five thousand years ago. And that old thing we are presenting as it is. Our Bhagavad-gita is therefore named Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Without any interpretation. Without any addition, alteration
- Majority or minority, it doesn't matter. But why you should take Bhagavad-gita to establish your rascal theories? That means you are cheating
- My only credit is that I have presented Bhagavad-gita as it is, without any speculation, or interpretation, therefore for the first time in the history of the world people are accepting it
- One cannot foolishly manufacture an interpretation of Bhagavad-gita and still bring about transcendental benefit. Anyone who tries to squeeze some artificial meaning for an ulterior motive is not one engaged anxiously in bona fide hearing of krsna-katha
- One should not accept the Mayavada interpretation that Vasudeva is impersonal. As stated in Bhagavad-gita, prapadyate, one surrenders. One surrenders to a person, not to impersonal nonduality
- One should read Bhagavad-gita very scrutinizingly with the help of a person who is a devotee of Sri Krsna and try to understand it without personally motivated interpretations. The example of clear understanding is there in the Bhagavad-gita itself
- One who misinterprets Bhagavad-gita, twisting out some meaning for his sense gratification, is a non-Aryan. Therefore commentaries on Bhagavad-gita by such persons should be immediately rejected
- Our only request is that if you want happiness, if you want to prosper, make your life successful, you must read Bhagavad-gita thoroughly, as it is, as Krsna says. Don't try to misinterpret
- The author of Bhagavad-gita did not leave it for being interpreted by a third-class man. He is Krsna, the Supreme Lord. He said everything clearly. Why an ordinary man should interpret His word? That is our objection
- The impersonalistic commentary on the Bhagavad-gita is therefore disastrous because, without understanding the transcendental pleasure of the Gita, the impersonalist wants to interpret it in his own way
- The Mayavadi atheists also interpret the Bhagavad-gita. In every verse of Srimad Bhagavad-gita it is clearly stated that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The purpose of saying Bhagavad-gita as it is, explained, that there are many editions of Bhagavad-gita, they have interpreted in their own way, giving up the spirit of Bhagavad-gita. So this particular name, "As It Is," significant
- The unauthorized dry speculators are offenders at the lotus feet of the Lord Sri Krsna because they distort the purports of Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam to mislead the public and prepare a direct path to the hell known as Andha-tamisra
- There are different translations. Therefore I have given this edition, Bhagavad-gita As It Is. There are interpretations
- There are so many interpretations by so many unscrupulous persons, so-called scholars and philosophers, that they have spoiled the precept of Bhagavad-gita
- There are so many persons, they are trying to interpret Bhagavad-gita by their so-called scholarship, but nobody cares for them. They cannot turn even one person, a devotee of Krsna. This is a challenge
- These foolish people, they do not know. They think that by interpreting Bhagavad-gita by their so-called rascaldom knowledge, they can reveal Bhagavad-gita. That is not possible. Naham prakasah yogamaya-samavrtah
- This is our protest to all of the interpreters of the Bhagavad-gita. If they do not believe in God, Krishna, and they don't want to surrender to Him, then let him preach atheism. Everyone has got the right to do this, but why through the Gita
- To interpret Bhagavad-gita without any reference to the will of Krsna is the greatest offense
- We are preaching this philosophy on the basis of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is without any interpretation. This is a cultural and educational movement to understand what we are, what is God, and what is our relationship and how to act upon it
- We have to accept this fact and thus understand the historical significance of Bhagavad-gita, without misinterpretation, on the authority of Krsna
- We must accept Bhagavad-gita without interpretation, without deletion and without our own whimsical participation in the matter. The Gita should be taken as the most perfect presentation of Vedic knowledge
- Whatever is stated within the Puranas, Mahabharata and Ramayana is self-evident. There is no need for interpretation. The Bhagavad-gita is also within the Mahabharata
- Whatever Krsna says or He said 5,000 years ago, we are repeating the same thing. That is called parampara system. Not that "The world has changed. Scientific advancement is very great. Now we can interpret in this way and that way." This is all nonsense
- Why should we interpret it that "This Kuruksetra means this body, dharmaksetra, this body"? Why? Why mislead people? Stop this misleading. And Kuruksetra is still there. Kuruksetra station, railway station, is there
- Why should we interpret Krsna's words? Am I more than Krsna? Or did Krsna leave some portion to be explained by me by interpretation? Then what is the importance of Krsna?
- Why you have interpreted the picture as one has to be naked before the Lord to become perfect? We have no interpretation in any one of the verses in the Gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Without interpretation. And, according to the trades manager of MacMillan Company, our book (Bhagavad-gita As It Is) is topmost selling
- Without understanding the transcendental pleasure of the Gita, the impersonalist wants to interpret it in his own way. If an impersonalist can come in contact with a pure devotee, his transcendental position can be changed for greater elevation