Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Jatila | Jotila
Pages in category "Jatila"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- In the Vidagdha-madhava, Jatila, the mother-in-law of Radharani, began to criticize Krsna
- Indirectly Kutila was insulted by the following statement, "My dear Kutila, daughter of Jatila, your breasts are as long as string beans - simply dry and long. Your nose is so gorgeous that it is defying the beauty of the noses of frogs"
- Jatila continued, "She is now holding it, but still she wants to tell us that She has no connection with Krsna. This girl's activities have disgraced our whole family!"
- Jatila said, "You cruel-faced Mukhara! By hearing your words my heart feels like it is burning in a fire!"
- Jatila said: "Krsna, You are standing here, and Radharani, who has just been married to my son, is also standing here. Now I know both of You very well, so why should I not be very anxious to protect my daughter-in-law from Your dancing eyes?"
- Jatila was the mother-in-law of Radharani, and Mukhara was Her great-grandmother. Both of them were talking about Krsna's unnecessary harassment of Radharani when She was walking on the street
- Jatila, the mother of Abhimanyu, immediately believed that Krsna was her own son and thus became very angry at her real son who was coming home. She began to drive away her real son, who was crying, "Mother! Mother! What are you doing?"
- Once, when Radharani was taking off the necklace given to Her by Krsna, Jatila, her mother-in-law, told a friend: "My dear friend, just see the beautiful necklace that Krsna has presented to Radharani"
- One day when Krsna was engaged in stealing butter and yogurt in the house of Jatila, He assured His friends, "My dear friends, I know that this old lady is now sleeping very profoundly because she is breathing very deeply"
- Seeing this incident (of Jatila being angry at Abhimanyu), all the girl friends of Radharani, who were present there, began to smile, and a portion of their teeth was visible. This is an instance of hasita smiling
- Sometimes among contemporary personalities there are signs of ecstasy in anger because of love for Krsna. An example of such anger was exhibited in a quarrel between Jatila and Mukhara
- Sometimes there are indirect sarcastic remarks which also create atihasita circumstances. An example of one such remark was made by one of the cowherd girls to Kutila, the daughter of Jatila and sister of Abhimanyu, the so-called husband of Radharani