Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Black"
The following 176 pages are in this category, out of 176 total.
- A fearful black demon (Virabhadra) as high as the sky and as bright as three suns combined was created (by Lord Siva), his teeth very fearful and the hairs on his head like burning fire
- A fearful black demon as high as the sky & as bright as three suns combined was thereby created, his teeth very fearful & the hairs on his head like burning fire. He had thousands of arms, equipped with various weapons
- A godless man is invariably greedy, angry and fraudulent. Such a man can earn his livelihood by any means, black or white
- A gopi described, "The wives of the black deer become enchanted upon hearing the vibration of His flute, which resembles the vibration of the vina. The deer come to Krsna and become so charmed that they stand still, forgetting their homes and husbands"
- According to the methods of black art mantras instructed in the tantras, if the mantra fails to kill the enemy, then, because it must kill someone, it kills the original creator. Sudaksina was the originator, and the priests assisted him
- After consulting with his demoniac ministers, Kamsa instructed a witch named Putana, who knew the black art of killing small children by ghastly sinful methods, to kill all kinds of children in the cities, villages and pasturing grounds
- Ajnana. "I am Indian," "I am brahmana," "I am this," "I am that," "I am black," "I am white," "I am fat," "I am thin." These are all ajnana, ignorance. You are neither fat nor thin nor black nor white nor American, but you are spirit soul
- Akrura thought, “I shall also see His smile and His curling black hair. I can be sure of this opportunity because I see that today the deer are passing on my right side"
- All the assembled people got this statement down in black and white and, taking the signatures of agreement from both of them, served as the mediators
- Among the fruits were many varieties of coconuts and mangoes, bananas, berries, jackfruits, dates, tangerines, oranges, blackberries, santaras, grapes, almonds and all kinds of dried fruit
- Among the Muslims was a grave person who was wearing a black dress. People called him a saintly person
- Another devotee expressed his impudency by saying: "My dear Lord, without considering my lowly position, I must confess to You that my eyes are just like black wasps, desiring to hover at Your lotus feet
- As soon as the general public finds a little fault in the behavior of a sannyasi, they advertise it like wildfire. A black spot of ink cannot be hidden on a white cloth. It is always very prominent
- As soon as you get this body, you'll suffer, either white body or black body or yellow body. It doesn't matter. Either man's body or animal's body, as soon as you get this body, you must suffer. This is the punishment of nature
- Bali Maharaja saw his grandfather Prahlada Maharaja, the most fortunate personality, whose dark body resembled black ointment for the eyes
- Because it is the world of duality. There must be something dual, black-white, darkness-light, sukha, happiness-distress, father-son. There must be. This is called relative world
- Because of his great affection for Krsna, King Iksvaku became greatly attached to the black cloud, the black deer, the deer's black eyes and the lotus flower, which is always compared to the eyes of the Lord
- Because the water has become black, it does not mean the liquidity is lost. Similarly, because we are now in contact with material designation, our services atti..., service attitude is not lost. That is there. But it is being rendered in a different way
- Because unpalatable truth is not tolerated. If we call a black man black, he will be angry because it is unpalatable. So we have to present our case very carefully
- Being separated from its flock and distressed by its miscarriage, the black doe, having crossed the river, was very much distressed. Indeed, it fell down in a cave and died immediately
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura said that this network of ignorance, where the senses are like black cobra, out of all those senses the tongue is the greatest black cobra
- Bilvamangala said, "I am eagerly waiting to see that boy of Vrndavana whose bodily beauty is captivating the whole universe, whose eyes are always bounded by black eyebrows and expanded like lotus petals"
- Bring at least one thousand horses, each as brilliant as moonshine and each having one black ear, whether right or left
- Can you send some negatives of some very nice color and black and white photographs of our Tokyo center - Sankirtana on the plaza, etc. for propaganda purposes?
- Canakya Pandita says that the cuckoo bird, although very black, is beautiful because of its sweet voice. Similarly, a woman becomes beautiful by her chastity and faithfulness to her husband
- Considering this, Rahu, the black planet, covered the full moon, and immediately vibrations of "Krsna! Krsna! Hari!" inundated the three worlds
- Darwin's theory is a failure because he cannot explain that why there are different types humans, white men, black men, colored men, deformed men and no one's face is identical to anyone
- Demigods bodily lusters diminished, and their garments, garlands, weapons and faces were blackened by smoke because the demigods were also affected by the blazing breath of Vasuki
- Devotees do not suffer from skin disease, black or white or brown or red or whatever. In the material world black and white are opposites, but spiritually black and white are varieties. That is the proper vision
- Devotional service can therefore be divided into twelve types, each of which has a different color. The colors are white, multicolored, orange, red, light green, grey, yellow, off-whitish, smoky, pink, black and cloudy
- Dharma (in the form of a bull) asked: Madam (Bhumi), are you not hale and hearty? Why are you covered with the shadow of grief? It appears by your face that you have become black. Are you suffering from some internal disease?
- Don't make black hole tragedy. Be alive, take to Krsna consciousness, and you'll be happy
- Figuratively this means (her eyes were black) that the daughter of King Malayadhvaja was also bestowed with devotional service, for her eyes were always fixed on Krsna
- Finally, by following the footprints marked with flag, bow and conchshell, the inhabitants of Vrndavana arrived at the riverbank and saw that all the cows and boys were weeping to behold Krsna enwrapped in the coils of the black serpent Kaliya
- For example, as soon as Maharaj Pariksit saw that a black man was attempting to kill a cow, he immediately took his sword, wanting to kill the black man, whose name was Kali
- Having failed to set fire to Dvaraka, the fiery demon went back to Varanasi, the kingdom of Kasiraja. As a result of his return, all the priests who had helped instruct the black art of mantras, along with their employer, Sudaksina, were burned to ashes
- He (a devotee) has no discrimination that "Here is a Hindu. Here is a Muslim. Here is a Christian. Here is an African. Here is a white. Here is a black." No. "Everyone is Krsna's part and parcel. Let them revive their Krsna consciousness and be happy"
- He (Balvala) was a gigantic person, and his black body was like a huge mass of carbon
- He (Sridama) would carry a buffalo horn, and his turban was of reddish, copper color. His bodily complexion was blackish, and around his neck there was a nice garland. He would always challenge Krsna in joking friendship
- He has a grown-up daughter whose eyes are black. She is ready for marriage, and she has good character and all good qualities. She is also searching for a good husband
- I very much approve of your plan for spreading Krishna Consciousness in the black African neighborhoods in New York and other places
- If black men read our books, it will be a great achievement. As your President Lincoln gave the blacks equal rights, let us cooperate with them
- If you are actually self-realized soul, in the light of God, then your treatment will be equal to all living entities. Not that "He is animal, he is man, he is black, he is white, he's this, he's Indian, he's American, he's Chinese." No
- If you are still thinking that you are this material body - you are Indian, you are American, you are brahmana, you are sudra, you are white, you are black - then you are in the dog's consciousness, not Krsna consciousness. That is to be learned
- If you are white, you cannot become black, or if you are black, you cannot become white. That is not possible. But you can become first-class Krsna conscious person. Either you are black or white, it doesn't matter
- If you dig on the northern side, there is a big black snake that will devour you if you attempt to dig up the treasure
- Illusory stories opposed to the conclusions of Krsna consciousness concern the destruction of the Yadu dynasty, Krsna's disappearance, the story that Krsna and Balarama arise from a black hair and a white hair of Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- In His letter Krsna advised Kalayavana that he should immediately go and find some dark well for his residence, because there was a black snake named Krsna who was very eager to devour all such sinful frogs
- In Satya-yuga the Lord appeared in a body colored white, with four arms and matted hair. He wore tree bark and bore a black antelope skin
- In the four yugas - Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali - the Lord incarnates in four colors: white, red, black and yellow respectively. These are the colors of the incarnations in different millenniums
- In the relative world white is the opposite conception of black, but in the transcendental world there is no distinction between white and black
- In this condition, I can guess that he has been captivated by the transcendental beauty of that expert flute-player, Sri Krsna, and, being attached to Him, he is simply staring at the black cloud, remembering the bodily hue of Sri Krsna
- In this way King Puranjana killed many animals, including rabbits, boars, buffalo, bison, black deer, porcupines and other game animals. After killing and killing, the King became very tired
- It (Konarka, generally known as Arka-tirtha, a temple of Lord Surya, the sun-god) was constructed of black stone in the beginning of the thirteenth century of the Saka Era, and it shows expert craftsmanship and architecture
- It is calculated that there are four praharas, which are also called yamas, in the day and four in the night of the human being. Similarly, fifteen days and nights are a fortnight, and there are two fortnights, white and black, in a month
- It was very nicely done and the cover is very attractive, but one thing is that my picture has come out very black. There are so many pictures, and if that one was so black, you should not have chosen it
- It was very pleasing to see him put on a black deerskin & wear a ring of kusa grass on his finger, for this increased the natural beauty of his body. It appears that Maharaja Prthu observed all the regulative principles before he performed the sacrifice
- Kailasa Hill is decorated with such trees as kata, jackfruit, julara, banyan trees, plaksas, nyagrodhas and trees producing asafoetida. Also there are trees of betel nuts and bhurja-patra, as well as rajapuga, blackberries and similar other trees
- King Malayadhvaja fathered one daughter, who had very black eyes. He also had seven sons, who later became rulers of that tract of land known as Dravida. Thus there were seven kings in that land
- King Malayadhvaja was a great devotee, and after he married the daughter of King Vidarbha, he gave her one nice daughter, whose eyes were black
- Madhumangala said, "I think I can guess the reason for Your absent-mindedness when I see Your two eyes flying over to the eyes of Radharani, just like black drones flying to lotus flowers"
- Maharaja Pariksit is distinguished from his grandfather Arjuna, for black horses pulled his chariot instead of white horses. He marked his flag with the mark of a lion, and his grandfather marked his with the mark of Hanumanji
- Maharaja Pariksit sat on a chariot drawn by black horses. His flag was marked with the sign of a lion. Being so decorated and surrounded by charioteers, cavalry, elephants and infantry soldiers, he left the capital to conquer in all directions
- Maharaja Pariksit was astonished to see that a black sudra, dressed like a ruler, was mistreating a cow, the most important animal in human society
- Maharaja Pariksit, grandson of Maharaja Yudhisthira, while touring his vast kingdom, saw a black man attempting to kill a cow. The King at once arrested the butcher and chastised him sufficiently
- Maitreya continued: My dear Vidura, that black person was the personified anger of the SPG, & he was prepared to execute the orders of Lord Siva. Thus, considering himself capable of coping with any power offered against him, he circumambulated Lord Siva
- Male, his (Kali's) feature black, and dressed like a king. Black means ignorance. And similarly the scene is also blackish
- Maniman, one of the followers of Lord Siva, arrested Bhrgu Muni, and Virabhadra, the black demon, arrested Prajapati Daksa. Another follower, who was named Candesa, arrested Pusa. Nandisvara arrested the demigod Bhaga
- Mucukunda continued, "As soon as the allotted time is over, Your Lordship immediately ends all the activities of our material dreams. As the time factor, You end all our activities, as a hungry black snake swiftly swallows up a small rat without leniency"
- My mind is already restless, and by playing with a ball, moving it all about with your lotuslike palm, you are also agitating my eyes. Your curling black hair is now scattered, but you are not attentive to arranging it
- Nabhaga then said, "These riches belong to me. The great saintly persons have delivered them to me." When Nabhaga said this, the black-looking person replied, "Let us go to your father and ask him to settle our disagreement"
- Narada then revived the half-dead animals, and, getting freed from their dreadful condition, they fled away. Upon seeing Narada execute this miracle, the black hunter was struck with wonder
- Once the cowherd boys in Vrndavana were vainly searching after Krsna for a long time, and for that reason their faces became blackened, and their complexions appeared faded
- One who is bereft of devotional service is swallowed by the black snake of the yoga system and bitten by the wasps and drones of fruitive activity, and he suffers consequent material miseries
- Others fought on the backs of jackals, rats, lizards, rabbits, human beings, goats, black deer, swans & boars. In this way, mounted on animals of the water, land & sky, including animals with deformed bodies, both armies faced each other and went forward
- Others fought on the backs of jackals, rats, lizards, rabbits, human beings, goats, black deer, swans and boars
- Our (Sages of Naimisaranya) bodies have become black from the smoke, but we are factually pleased by the nectar of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead, Govinda, which you are distributing
- Our bodies have become black from the smoke, but we are factually pleased by the nectar of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead, Govinda, which you are distributing
- Our Krishna Consciousness Movement is so nice that we not only solve the problem of white and black tension, but all kinds of other tensions as well
- Salagrama sila is a black stone ball, round, with eyes and nose painted with gopicandana with a golden crown on and placed on one small srngasana
- Saudasa thus acquired the propensity of a man-eater and received on his leg a black spot, for which he was known as Kalmasapada. Once King Kalmasapada saw a brahmana couple engaged in sexual intercourse in the forest
- Seeing the rope in the hands of mother Yasoda, the Lord bowed down His head and began to weep just like a child, and tears rolled down His cheeks, washing off the black ointment smeared about His beautiful eyes
- She (Radharani) immediately left the scene and took shelter in a nice flower bush where the black drones were humming. Then, hiding Herself behind the creepers, She began to express Her sorrow to one of Her consorts
- She began to bathe three times daily, and thus her curling black hair gradually became gray. Due to austerity, her body gradually became thin, and she wore old garments
- Similarly, to know dharma, you must know adharma also, the opposite side. If you know white, you should know what is black
- Simply by catching scent of that elephant, all the other elephants, the tigers and the other ferocious animals, such as lions, rhinoceroses, great serpents and black and white sarabhas, fled in fear. The camari deer also fled
- So far colors that may be offered to the Deities, all colors may be utilized just suitable to your scheme. But black should not be used for the Deities dresses or for Temple decorations
- So when you further advance you'll find there is no distinction between black and white. Just like a flower is coming out, there are many colors. So it is coming from the same source
- Sometimes these senses are described as kala sarpa. Kala sarpa means the black cobra. As soon as the cobra touches - immediately dead. Similarly, if we allow this kala sarpa to act in their own way, that means we are inviting death at every moment
- Soul is not black, white, yellow. Soul is spirit. So one has to realize that "I am spirit soul. I am not Indian nor American nor Englishman nor German nor white nor black. This is my bodily description. I am not this body"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has compared possessing these bhukti (material) and mukti (liberation) desires with being influenced by the black art of a witch: in both cases one is in trouble
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Please do not talk anymore about Krsna. It is better to talk about something else. We are already doomed, like the black-spotted she-deer in the forest who are enchanted by the sweet musical vibration of the hunter"
- Suppose I have got some dress, black dress. Somebody calls, "You black dress," is that cause of anger? Somebody calls you black dress. So this is simply my false identification with the dress that I become angry
- The beauty of the pleasant sounds heard in the area surrounding Lake Bindu-sarovara is described here. After drinking honey, the black bees became maddened, and they hummed in intoxication
- The black ointment around Her (Radharani's) eyes is Her tricky behavior with Krsna brought about by love. Her joking with Krsna and gentle smiling constitute the camphor with which She is perfumed
- The black siliceous stone on which gold is rubbed to test its value always looks very beautiful, being streaked with gold lines. Yet the chest of the Lord excels even such a stone in its beauty
- The black, slick hair on his head was very fine and curly, and his neck, like a conchshell, was decorated with auspicious lines. He wore a very valuable dhoti, and there was a nice wrapper on the upper part of his body
- The chili should be added to the hot ghee just after the cumin seed begins to darken in color, and both of them should become brown, but not black or burnt. I think this adjustment with a little trial will improve the dahl for offering to the Deities
- The corners of His (Lord Kesava's) eyes wander, like large black bees, around the gopis' breasts
- The corners of His eyes wander, like large black bees, around the gopis’ breasts
- The demigod Varuna presented a horse, which was all white except for black ears and which could run at the speed of the mind
- The description of Nanda Maharaj's bodily features is as follows. The hairs on his head are generally black, but some of them are grey. His garments are of greenish color, like the new-grown leaves of a banyan tree
- The gigantic black man bared his fearful teeth. By the movements of his brows he scattered the luminaries all over the sky, and he covered them with his strong, piercing effulgence
- The goddess of fortune in her transcendental form is engaged in the loving service of the Lord's lotus feet, and being moved by the black bees, followers of spring, she is not only engaged in variegated pleasure - service to the Lord
- The incarnations of each yuga are of different color. The colors are white, red, black and yellow. In the Dvapara-yuga, Lord Krsna in black color appeared, and in the Kali-yuga Lord Caitanya in yellow color appeared
- The Krsna consciousness movement means they want to educate people, rectifying the basic principle of misconception: "I am body," "I am American," "I am Indian," "I am fat," "I am thin," "I am black," "I am white" - all bodily conception
- The Lord comes in His original form, with beautiful black hair. And just to expand His transcendental glories, He acts extraordinarily. No one can properly estimate how great He is
- The Lord is superexcellently beautiful on account of His open and merciful smile and His sidelong glance upon His devotees. His black hair is curly, and His garments, waving in the wind, appear like flying saffron pollen from lotus flowers
- The lotus flower is sometimes surrounded by white swans, and sometimes it is surrounded by black wasps who are collecting its honey. When there is a thundering in the sky, the swans go away, but the black wasps stay to enjoy the lotus flowers
- The mind of the living entity is known by the name of Lord Aniruddha, the supreme ruler of the senses. He possesses a bluish-black form resembling a lotus flower growing in the autumn. He is found slowly by the yogis
- The mystic yoga process is compared to a black snake that devours the living entity and injects him with poison
- The picture you have enclosed of Siva Linga is approved by me and it is in the right proportion. It may be black or white according to the stone
- The present civilization is based on the bodily concept of life: "I am this body." "I am Indian," "I am American," "I am Hindu," "I am Muslim," "I am black," "I am white," and so on. The whole civilization is going on on this bodily concept of life
- The queens continued, "Dear black cloud, we must admit frankly that to establish an intimate relationship with Syamasundara means to purchase unnecessary anxieties while we are otherwise comfortable at home"
- The sudras are sometimes called black, or krsna. The brahmanas are called sukla, or white, and the ksatriyas and the vaisyas are a mixture of black and white
- The tears from her (Rukmini's) eyes mixed with the black cosmetic ointment from her eyelids and dropped down, washing the kunkuma and saffron from her breasts
- The word tantram is significant herein. Sometimes tantram is misunderstood to be the black spiritual science of materialistic persons engaged in sense gratification, but here tantram means the science of devotional service compiled by Srila Narada Muni
- The young brahmana took this opportunity to speak: "Please write this down on paper in black and white so that you may not again change your word of honor"
- Their (Anugas) colors are like black bees and the golden moon, and they are dressed just to suit their particular special bodily features
- There (in forest) they (parts of Jarasandha's body) were later found by a witch named Jara, who was skilled in the black arts. She managed to join the two parts of the baby from top to bottom. Knowing this, Lord Krsna therefore also knew how to kill him
- There are Canadians, Englishmen, American, Australian, but they have forgotten that he is Englishmen or American or Australian or black or white or Indian. No. They have forgotten. They are simply interested in Krsna consciousness
- There was protective tilaka on His forehead, black mascara around His eyes and silk thread around His waist. These are the descriptions of Krsna's dress at the beginning of the kaumara age
- They began to draw lines on the ground with their toes, and with their tears they washed the black ointment from their eyes onto their breasts, which were covered with red kunkuma powder. This is an instance of anxiety in ecstatic love
- This black art of witchcraft is still practiced by some women in the remote northwestern side of India
- This black snake is less harmful than the man snake. Why? Now, this black snake, by chanting some mantra or by some herb can bring him under your control. But this man snake you cannot. It is not possible
- This person born from King Vena's thighs was named Bahuka, and his complexion was as black as a crow's. All the limbs of his body were very short, his arms and legs were short, and his jaws were large. His nose was flat, his eyes were reddish
- To combat the mystic powers of Sambarasura, Pradyumna invoked another mystic power, known as mahavidya, which was different from the black mystic power. The mahavidya mystic power is based on the quality of goodness
- We are interested with the bright side. Black side we can point out, but anyone who is sincere, he'll take the bright side
- We are now growing in volume all over the world dealing with public money. People have respect for our movement. Now it is time for GBC members to be very very careful so that people may not point out any black spot in the behavior of our society
- We have seen that in spite of the very black record of their past lives, persons who take to Krsna consciousness become perfectly cleansed of all dirty things and make spiritual progress very swiftly
- When he died he had wanted to show his prowess, and thus he had bitten his lips, and his teeth remained in that position. His beautiful lotuslike face was now black and covered with dust from the battlefield
- When He understood that the water of the Yamuna was being polluted by the black serpent Kaliya, Lord Krsna took action against him and made him leave the Yamuna and go elsewhere, and thus the water became purified
- When He was caught, Krsna was almost on the point of crying. He smeared His hands over His eyes, which were anointed with black eye cosmetics. The child saw His mother’s face while she stood over Him, and His eyes became restless from fear
- When Krsna was swimming about just like a great strong elephant, He made a tumultuous sound, which the great black serpent Kaliya could hear. The tumult was intolerable for him, and he could understand that this was an attempt to attack his home
- When Krsna's flute sounded, the white swans, which represent the sleeping condition of the gopis, were immediately vanquished, and the black wasp sound of the flute began to enjoy the lotus flower of the gopis' beauty
- When Lord Siva heard that his soldiers had been driven away, he created the tall black demon Virabhadra to retaliate
- When Maharaja Bharata performed the sacrifice known as Masnara (or a sacrifice in the place known as Masnara), he gave in charity fourteen lakhs of excellent elephants with white tusks and black bodies, completely covered with golden ornaments
- When she was shedding tears, the black ointment from her eyes was dripping, along with the tears, onto her breasts, which were covered with kunkum powder. Rukmini was so aggrieved that her voice was choked up
- When Sudaksina was encouraged by Lord Siva in that way, he was sure that he would be able to kill Krsna. With a determined vow of austerity, he began to execute the black art of chanting mantras, assisted by the priests
- When the black-eyed, beautiful Rukmini heard of the settlement, she immediately became very morose. However, being a king's daughter, she understood political diplomacy and decided that there was no use in simply being morose
- When the gopis heard that Akrura had come to take Krsna and Balarama away to Mathura, they became overwhelmed with anxiety. Some of them became so aggrieved that their faces turned black and they began to breathe warmly and had palpitations of the heart
- When the mind becomes unattached to material enjoyment, it becomes the cause of liberation. When the flame in a lamp burns the wick improperly the lamp is blackened, but when the lamp is filled with ghee & is burning properly, there's bright illumination
- When the spotless moon of Caitanya Mahaprabhu became visible, what would be the need for a moon full of black marks on its body?
- While crossing the river Yamuna, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the glossy black water and was immediately bewildered with ecstatic love
- While Nabhaga was accepting the riches, a black-looking person from the north came to him and said, "All the wealth from this sacrificial arena belongs to me"
- Witches can play their black art only where there is no chanting or hearing of the holy name of Krsna
- Within the river Yamuna there was a great lake, and in that lake the black serpent Kaliya used to live. Because of his poison, the whole area was so contaminated that it emanated a poisonous vapor twenty-four hours a day
- Yasoda's friend said, "My dear Queen, the milk flowing out of your breast-mountain has already whitened the River Ganges, and the tears from your eyes, mixed with black mascara, have already blackened the color of the Yamuna"
- You can see the members of Krsna consciousness, some of them are Indians, some of them are Europeans, some of them are Englishmen, some of them are black, some of them are white, some of them are brahmanas, some of them are Hindus