- "When intelligence is dovetailed with the desires of Krsna, it is called buddhi-yoga or bhakti-yoga"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Buddhi-yoga - Devotional Service to God (15 P)
Pages in category "Buddhi-yoga"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Arjuna has already accepted Krsna as his spiritual master by surrendering himself unto Him: sisyas te 'ham sadhi mam tvam prapannam. Consequently, Krsna will now tell him about the working process in buddhi-yoga, or karma-yoga. BG 1972 purports
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita (BG 3.42): Above the senses is the mind, above the mind is the intelligence, and above the intelligence is the soul. Ultimately, when one's intelligence becomes clear through devotional service, one is situated in buddhi-yoga
- Because the buddhi-yoga process entails no fear of deterioration or retrogression at any time, it is the guaranteed path to self-realization
- Both the yogas (buddhi-yoga and sankhya-yoga) are interdependant, as religion and philosophy. Religion without philosophy is sentiment, or sometimes fanaticism, while philosophy without religion is mental speculation. BG 1972 purports
- Buddhi-yoga is clearly explained in Chapter Ten, verse ten, as being direct communion with the Lord, who is sitting as Paramatma in everyone's heart. But such communion does not take place without devotional service
- Buddhi-yoga is to depend entirely on the Supreme (or more specifically, on Krsna), and in this way all the senses can be brought under control very easily. BG 1972 purports
- If someone takes to the transcendental service of the Lord, even without discharging his prescribed duties, whatever he may be able to advance in the cause is accepted by the Lord (buddhi-yoga). BG 1972 purports
- In many places throughout Bhagavad-gita, the Personality of Godhead mentions the word buddhi-yoga, or intelligence with transcendental results. And by this word buddhi-yoga we can also understand transcendental, devotional activities
- In material existence so-called intelligence is actually ignorance. When intelligence is cleared up, it is called buddhi-yoga
- In the previous chapter (2), as a prelude to the Bhagavad-gita, many different paths were explained, such as sankhya-yoga, buddhi-yoga, control of the senses by intelligence, work without fruitive desire, & the position of the neophyte. BG 1972 purports
- In the Second Chapter, preliminary knowledge of the soul and its entanglement in the material body were explained. How to get out of this material encagement by buddhi-yoga, or devotional service, was also explained therein. BG 1972 purports
- In the Second Chapter, verse 39, the Lord explained two kinds of procedures - namely sankhya-yoga and karma-yoga, or buddhi-yoga. In this verse (BG 3.3), the Lord explains the same more clearly. BG 1972 purports
- One should understand that buddhi-yoga means to work in Krsna consciousness, in the full bliss and knowledge of devotional service. BG 1972 purports
- One who works for the satisfaction of the Lord only, however difficult such work may be, is working under the principles of buddhi-yoga and finds himself always in transcendental bliss. BG 1972 purports
- Service for the cause of the Lord is called karma-yoga or buddhi-yoga, or in plain words, devotional service to the Lord. BG 1972 purports
- So what is that buddhi-yoga? Krsna says, tesam satata-yuktanam: "Persons who are twenty-four hours engaged," satata. Satata means always. Engaged. What kind of engagement? Bhajatam priti-purvakam
- The buddhi-yoga process of self-realization with intelligence transcendental to the mind (devotional service) can alone elevate one from the conditioned state of material entanglement in the cosmic construction
- The devotees activities are not selfishly motivated, aimed at realizing his own cherished dreams, but are directed toward fulfilling the will of God on earth. This yoga is known as buddhi-yoga, wherein lies the entire world's good fortune
- The directions were to come from within, and there was no necessity for anxiety in that task. Such instructions of buddhi-yoga are directly imparted by the Lord from within, as confirmed in Bhagavad-gita
- The mental speculators can reach the point of buddhi-yoga after many, many lifetimes of speculation, but the intelligent person who begins from the platform of intelligence above the mind makes rapid progress in self-realization
- The path of realization has been recommended: buddhi-yoga, or Krsna consciousness. BG 1972 purports
- The spiritual master is the manifested representative of the Lord, and anyone who puts himself under the guidance of a spiritual master and acts accordingly is said to be acting in terms of buddhi-yoga
- This kind of action is not buddhi-yoga, however, because such philanthropic works can at best replace one set of people's mundane desires with a new set, but they can never completely root out these unwanted desires from within the heart
- What is that buddhi-yoga? Krsna says, tesam satata-yuktanam: "Persons who are twenty-four hours engaged," satata... Satata means always. Engaged. What kind of engagement? Bhajatam priti-purvakam
- When one is above the directions of the Vedic ritualistic injunctions for attaining different allurements & is fully absorbed in transcendental thought (thinking of God in devotional service) one is in the position called buddhi-yoga, or samadhi, ecstasy