Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- "When intelligence is dovetailed with the desires of Krsna, it is called buddhi-yoga or bhakti-yoga"
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Buddhi-yoga"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- In many places throughout Bhagavad-gita, the Personality of Godhead mentions the word buddhi-yoga, or intelligence with transcendental results. And by this word buddhi-yoga we can also understand transcendental, devotional activities
- In the Second Chapter, preliminary knowledge of the soul and its entanglement in the material body were explained. How to get out of this material encagement by buddhi-yoga, or devotional service, was also explained therein
- Sankhya-yoga, buddhi-yoga, control of the senses by intelligence, work without fruitive desire, and the position of the neophyte. This was all presented unsystematically. A more organized outline of the path would be necessary for action and understanding
- Service for the cause of the Lord is called karma-yoga or buddhi-yoga, or in plain words, devotional service to the Lord
- So what is that buddhi-yoga? Krsna says, tesam satata-yuktanam: "Persons who are twenty-four hours engaged," satata. Satata means always. Engaged. What kind of engagement? Bhajatam priti-purvakam
- The buddhi-yoga process of self-realization with intelligence transcendental to the mind (devotional service) can alone elevate one from the conditioned state of material entanglement in the cosmic construction
- The devotees activities are not selfishly motivated, aimed at realizing his own cherished dreams, but are directed toward fulfilling the will of God on earth. This yoga is known as buddhi-yoga, wherein lies the entire world's good fortune
- This kind of action is not buddhi-yoga, however, because such philanthropic works can at best replace one set of people's mundane desires with a new set, but they can never completely root out these unwanted desires from within the heart