Pages in category "Varuthapa"
The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Krsna addressed the inhabitants of Vrndavana, "My dear Stoka Krsna, Varuthapa, Bhadrasena, Sudama, Subala, Arjuna, Visala, and Rsabha - just look at these most fortunate trees of Vrndavana. They have dedicated their lives to the welfare of others"
- Krsna challenged all His friends, "My dear friends, just see - I am jumping with great chivalrous prowess. Please do not flee away." Upon hearing these challenging words, another friend named Varuthapa counter-challenged the Lord & struggled against Him
- Some friends would say, "My dear Visala, please take this fan of lotus leaves and fan Krsna so that He may feel some comfort. Varuthapa, you just brush the scattered hairs on Krsna's head which have fallen upon His face"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes in his Anubhasya - in text 135 (of the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika) it is mentioned that Rudra, or Sri Rudrarama Pandita, was formerly a friend of Lord Krsna’s named Varuthapa
- Such ordinary friends are called sakhas, and the names of some sakhas are Visala, Vrsabha, Ojasvi, Devaprastha, Varuthapa, Maranda, Kusumapida, Manibandha, and Karandhama