Devala|Devala Rsi|Devala Muni
- "the priest of the Pandava family"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and Devala (9 P)
Pages in category "Devala"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Arjuna has accepted Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the supreme abode of all living entities, not only because of his personal experience but also because of the evidences of great authorities like Narada, Asita, Devala & Vyasa. BG 1972 p
- Arjuna said: You are the unborn and all-pervading beauty. All the great sages like Narada, Asita, Devala, and Vyasa proclaim this of You, and now You Yourself are declaring it to me. BG 1972 Introduction
- Arjuna says that Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead not only by himself but by authorities like the sage Narada, Asita, Devala, Vyasadeva & so on. These are great personalities who distribute the Vedic knowledge. BG 1972 Introduction
- He (Devala) met Maharaja Yudhisthira after the Battle of Kuruksetra, and he was the elder brother of Dhaumya, the priest of the Pandava family
- He (God) is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead by learned scholars & saints like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Devala in the past & by Arjuna in the BG as by the acaryas like Sankara, Ramanuja, Madhva and Lord Sri Caitanya in the modern age
- India there are six kinds of philosophies, but they are not recognized. Rsibhih, just like Devala Rsi, Narada Rsi, Vyasadeva, Asita Rsi, Valmiki Rsi, they are recognized. Rsibhir bahudha gitam. So they have got different philosophical ways to understand
- It is evident from this chapter (SB 8.4.1) that great sages like Devala Rsi, Narada Muni and Agastya Muni will sometimes curse someone. The curse of such a personality, however, is in fact a benediction
- King Huhu was enjoying with women in the water, and while enjoying he pulled the leg of Devala Rsi, who was also taking a bath in the water. Upon this, the sage became very angry and immediately cursed him
- King Huhu was very sorry when cursed in that way (to become a crocodile), and he begged pardon from the sage (Devala Rsi), who in compassion gave him the benediction that he would be freed when Gajendra was delivered by the Personality of Godhead
- Krsasva had two wives, named Arcis and Dhisana. In the wife named Arcis he begot Dhumaketu and in Dhisana he begot four sons, named Vedasira, Devala, Vayuna and Manu
- Krsna is accepted as the supreme teacher by everyone, by all the great sages formerly, like Vyasadeva, Narada, Devala, Asita. All other great sages
- Like the ksatriyas, he (Devala) also allowed his daughter to select her own husband in a svayamvara meeting, and at that ceremony all the bachelor sons of the rsis were invited. According to some, he is not Asita Devala.
- Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, accompanied by great sages like Narada, Devala and Vyasa and by other demigods like Indra, Candra and Varuna, invisibly approached the room of Devaki - SB 10.2.25
- The best of the Gandharvas, King Huhu, having been cursed by Devala Muni, had become a crocodile. Now, having been delivered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he assumed a very beautiful form as a Gandharva
- The great kings were very responsible in taking the instructions given by great saintly personalities. The kings used to accept the instructions given by great sages like Parasara, Vyasadeva, Narada, Devala and Asita
- The original person is being accepted by great authorities - formerly Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita, Devala; later on Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, & all big, big stalwart acaryas, Caitanya Mahaprabhu - why don't you accept Krsna the supreme original authority
- The potencies of the Lord are also known to Bali, Amurttaraya, Dilipa, Saubhari, Utanka, Sibi, Devala, Pippalada, Sarasvata, Uddhava, Parasara, Bhurisena, Vibhisana, Hanuman, Sukadeva Gosvami, Arjuna, Arstisena, Vidura, Srutadeva, etc
- There are similar descriptions (as Bs. 5.38) everywhere in Vedic literature, but rascals and demons are so obstinate that even though Krsna is confirmed to be the Supreme God by Vyasa, Devala and many other devotees, they still refuse to accept Him
- They (great sages like Narada, Devala and Vyasa and by other demigods like Candra and Varuna) all joined in offering their respectful obeisances and prayers to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who can bestow blessings upon everyone - SB 10.2.25
- Those really learned leaders of society like Brahma, Siva, Kapila, the Kumaras, Manu, Vyasa, Devala, Asita, Janaka, Prahlada & Bali, who are faithful philosophers, politicians, educators, scientists, etc.-surrender to the lotus feet of the God. BG 1972 p