Devala|Devala Rsi|Devala Muni
- "the priest of the Pandava family"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and Devala (9 P)
Pages in category "Devala"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- He (Devala) met Maharaja Yudhisthira after the Battle of Kuruksetra, and he was the elder brother of Dhaumya, the priest of the Pandava family
- He (God) is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead by learned scholars & saints like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Devala in the past & by Arjuna in the BG as by the acaryas like Sankara, Ramanuja, Madhva and Lord Sri Caitanya in the modern age
- King Huhu was enjoying with women in the water, and while enjoying he pulled the leg of Devala Rsi, who was also taking a bath in the water. Upon this, the sage became very angry and immediately cursed him
- King Huhu was very sorry when cursed in that way (to become a crocodile), and he begged pardon from the sage (Devala Rsi), who in compassion gave him the benediction that he would be freed when Gajendra was delivered by the Personality of Godhead
- Krsasva had two wives, named Arcis and Dhisana. In the wife named Arcis he begot Dhumaketu and in Dhisana he begot four sons, named Vedasira, Devala, Vayuna and Manu
- Like the ksatriyas, he (Devala) also allowed his daughter to select her own husband in a svayamvara meeting, and at that ceremony all the bachelor sons of the rsis were invited. According to some, he is not Asita Devala.
- Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, accompanied by great sages like Narada, Devala and Vyasa and by other demigods like Indra, Candra and Varuna, invisibly approached the room of Devaki - SB 10.2.25
- The best of the Gandharvas, King Huhu, having been cursed by Devala Muni, had become a crocodile. Now, having been delivered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he assumed a very beautiful form as a Gandharva
- The great kings were very responsible in taking the instructions given by great saintly personalities. The kings used to accept the instructions given by great sages like Parasara, Vyasadeva, Narada, Devala and Asita
- The potencies of the Lord are also known to Bali, Amurttaraya, Dilipa, Saubhari, Utanka, Sibi, Devala, Pippalada, Sarasvata, Uddhava, Parasara, Bhurisena, Vibhisana, Hanuman, Sukadeva Gosvami, Arjuna, Arstisena, Vidura, Srutadeva, etc
- They (great sages like Narada, Devala and Vyasa and by other demigods like Candra and Varuna) all joined in offering their respectful obeisances and prayers to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who can bestow blessings upon everyone - SB 10.2.25