Questions On... Hearing, Reading, Study
Pages in category "Questions On... Hearing, Reading, Study"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- A lot of devotees, they never read the books, but they're doing the chanting. It will progress them without reading the books, because they're the most important?
- And steady intelligence, that is acquired by hearing? We can keep our intelligence steady by hearing?
- Any kind of living entity who takes prasadam or hears the name, that it will come back at least to human form of life. Is that correct?
- Do many people follow Krsna consciousness by reading books in this method?
- Do you feel also that if someone read the Bhagava...?... Bhagavad-gita and other books, that a person merely by reading these could attain knowledge of Krsna?
- Do you feel like speaking and hearing about Bhagavatam?
- Do you have classes on Caitanya-caritamrta?
- Do you receive visitors most of the time, or do you do a lot of reading?
- Do you recite this also, Caitanya-caritamrta?
- Do you think you could do a little (recite Caitanya-caritamrta)?
- Does that also apply to reading the words of a pure devotee (even a moment's association with a pure devotee - all success)? Even a little association with your books has the same effect?
- Hawaiians, they are not very much inclined to read. So does that mean we should distribute lots of prasadam here profusely?
- He asks what language we use when we read Bhagavad-gita?
- He's asking that it states in part one of Srimad-Bhagavatam that one should not jump to the Tenth Canto without having read all the previous?
- I remember over five years ago you telling me about, "If you read the first nine cantos of Srimad-Bhagavatam, you become fully Krsna conscious." Would you kindly tell me what does it mean to be fully Krsna conscious?
- I want to read some books published by Swamiji. Can I get?
- I was discussing this with somebody and they said that reading of books silently is no good. Is this true? Does one have to recite aloud while one is reading?
- If one were to study, read Srimad-Bhagavatam who was not ready for this, not prepared for it, this might throw them into confusion then, or this would be...?
- If we have to read the literatures and experience these truths, it is not necessarily truth as such, but maybe the condition that we have been rendered to by listening?
- In a situation where there's a choice between say chanting and reading. Is chanting a better activity than reading?
- Isn't the sound, though, as good as the explanation (have the sound only. (Laughs) The explanation... I shall give you little explanation)?
- It seems now that it's the people from the West who want to hear. Why is that?
- Service and reading are nondifferent?
- Shall I read it?
- Shall we continue reading, Srila Prabhupada?
- Should I go on reading, Srila Prabhupada?
- Should I go on?
- Should I just finish reading his article, Srila Prabhupada?
- Should I read the translation (of "Nature, the Enjoyer and Consciousness") in Hindi?
- Should we beg people to read these books, Srila Prabhupada?
- Should we just completely devote all our time to studying the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, and then progress from there, or should we continue our study of the Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- Srila Prabhupada? If while in the process of the studying of the book, there is some disagreement, one...?
- Srila Prabhupada? Pradyumna Prabhu is here. Would you like to hear some verse?
- Swamiji, so we can hear, but do we speak?
- Swamiji? Should we read just one chapter a day? No more?
- The more we understand Srimad-Bhagavatam, the more we'll understand the Caitanya-caritamrta?
- The prabhu is feeling that he likes to read all of your books and sometimes he reads one book and sometimes another book. Is that bad?
- There's no sermon as we would know in other churches?
- To read your books (our progress is how the student is becoming Krsna conscious. That is our point. And because he has to read nicely, he has to speak nicely, he must be literate, not illiterate)?
- We can understand all of your instructions simply by reading your books?
- When should we read the Krsna book?
- Which would you like (we shall chant our beads or read book?)?
- Would you like to hear a little bit of one of the books? We'll read some more of the Teachings of Lord Kapila that we were reading yesterday to you? In this way we can pass the time very nicely
- Would you like to hear some reading now, Srila Prabhupada?
- Would you like to hear Tenth Canto, Volume Two, Srila Prabhupada, a little bit? Or more of Kapiladeva? Kapiladeva would be nice. Ten, two?