Questions On... Gender
Pages in category "Questions On... Gender"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- Also, should this college have men and woman or just men (this is a union of various theological schools. So now in Berkeley we have this very nice building, and we can become a member of this Graduate Theological Union)?
- Am I to understand that women cannot go back to Godhead without being reincarnated to the male?
- And if women were subordinate to men, it would solve all of our problems?
- Are men superior in your movement?... Are men regarded as superior to women?
- Are there not certain characteristics that are particularly male and certain characteristics that are particularly female?
- As (a man is supposed to be educated when he sees every woman as mother)?
- At rebirth do we all return as a male if the previous existence was a male, or do we change
- Can a woman become sannyasi?
- Can a woman reach the perfectional stage of devotion to Krishna?
- Can I ask a question? Am I to understand that women cannot go back to Godhead without being reincarnated to the male?
- Could a woman be a temple president?
- Could you explain that (this women's liberation is just a trick by the men)?
- Did Lord Caitanya have women, householders traveling with Him when He went on sankirtana?
- Do the same rules apply to women as to men?
- Do women fit into this (four classes) social structure? You keep referring to man
- Do you have women followers also in this movement?
- Do you initiate girls?
- Do you think that I am inferior to you (by physiological condition (women are inferior to men). Just like you are. Your bodily features are different from the man's features. You cannot deny it)?
- During the aratiks here at the temple where should the women be standing?
- He (Dr. W. S. Urquhart) was the one who said that the woman's brain is thirty-six ounces?
- He is asking when you take birth again do you take birth as the same sex or do you change your sex?
- He said he noticed that there are only men here. Does that mean that women cannot become transcendental?
- Here's another one kind of on that line. How do you feel about women's lib?
- How can anybody say (that Kunti is as good as Arjuna or Bhima)?
- How can Krishna be mother if He is the Supreme Male?
- How does that result in more women (the more the man will become attached to woman, the woman population will increase)?
- How much or how little brahmacaris should associate with the unmarried brahmacarinis in the temple?
- I know that our bodies are not eternal, and we have to leave them, and some are made male bodies and some are made female bodies. But our spirits, our souls, are there any difference?
- I realize that we're all considered spirit souls. But can a woman be first-class if she...?
- I think that was the same stewardess (I asked her to supply one 7-up. And, "I have no key." She was so angry) who came in the back and asked us, "Why the Swamiji doesn't like women?"
- In this brain weight matter, the sixty-four ounce and thirty-six ounce, is that every brain, male brain, is...?
- In your lecture you quoted Canakya Pandita that a man must see every woman other than his own wife as mother. How should a woman see other men?
- Is it (woman should be subordinate to the man, so that the man can take charge of the woman) true for all woman and all men?
- Is it all right for her to travel with us or better not to?
- Is it possible, Swamiji, for a woman to be a guru in the line of disciplic succession?
- Is it recommended that a woman become a sannyasi?
- Is she (Mrs. Gandhi) having problems because she is a woman, though?
- Is that (brain substance in man is more than the woman) in the Vedas also?
- Is that (ghosts attack specially woman) because the women are weaker?
- Is that so ("it is certain that man surpasses women in accordance with a general law which prevails throughout the animal kingdom. If there were nothing else to do but to love, women would be supreme")?
- Is there anything wrong when the woman works?
- Is this school (varnasrama college) for women also, or just for men?
- Is woman in each one of these species (the different species of life making up the 400,000 species) another separate species?
- Isn't he (Dr. Urquhart) the one who said the woman's brain is thirty-two...?
- It's all right that the women are dancing (I told him that you make some play for showing here in Vrndavana)?
- It's not possible for a woman to become a sannyasī?
- She must become dependent on her son because her husband would ideally become a sannyasi. Is that...?
- She's (Mrs. Marchand) asking what should a woman do if she is alone?
- Sir, whom do you find more responsive to your movement, women or men?
- So then how we can let them live together, man and woman?
- So then what is basic difference between human body, I mean man's body and woman's body, which attracts each other?
- So where does she fit (into this (four classes) social structure)?
- Srila Prabhupada, should we call all the women "mother"?
- Srila Prabhupada, since there is no distinction between "man" and "woman" - these are both designations - is it possible for a woman to become a brahmana?
- Suppose she doesn't want to get married for the rest of her life, just wants to serve the Lord (Is it possible for a woman to become a brahmana)?
- Swami, I saw a television program about your movement once, and they said that the men make the decisions and the women follow. Is that true?
- Swamiji, would you say something about the place of women in your movement?
- That (woman requires protection by the man) goes against the thinking of a lot of people in America now. Do you know that?
- The boys, they should learn how also to cook?
- The Krsna consciousness movement has been what some people would consider sexist or racist because certain propensities for women and for blacks have been defined. And I wondered if you would comment on that
- The press reporters, they were asking me that we make distinction between man, woman, and black, white
- The women today want the same rights as men. How can they be satisfied?
- There is place for women in the religion too isn't?
- There should not have been two people, a male and a female, to create everything?
- We have talked to scientists who say that the size of the brain has nothing to do with intelligence. Do you believe that?
- What about (being "subordinate to the man" for) women who do not have children?
- What about (the leadership of) Mrs. Meir, president of Israel (being successful)?
- What about women (woman's brain is smaller than a man's) who are leaders of countries such as your own country?
- What about women who are elected by the people?
- What advice do you have to women who do not want to be subordinate to men?
- What does this mean as far as whether women can do the same things that men can do, or whether women can lead people?
- What happens when women are not subordinate to men?
- What happens when women support men?
- What is basic difference between human body, I mean man's body and woman's body, which attracts each other?
- What is masculine?
- What is that (first thing is, any woman except one's own wife), Srila Prabhupada?
- What is the duties of the woman after the husband takes sannyasa?
- What is the position of the women in Krishna Consciousness Movement?
- What is the role of women in Krsna consciousness?
- What is your feeling in regard to Mrs. Gandhi's actions in India at the present time, particularly in relation to what you're saying about women? Is what's happening there because she has a thirty-six ounce brain and is incapable of ruling?
- What should we do in the United States (in regards to women being subordinate to men)? We're trying to make women equal with men
- When you address a woman do you use the word "Mataji"? Is that the right, proper word for her?
- Where do women fit into these four classes?
- Why (would you say that women are inferior to men?)
- Why does this mean that women have to be subordinate?... just because they bear children and men can't?
- Why the Swamiji doesn't like women?
- Would you say something about the place of women in your movement?
- Would you say that women are inferior to men?