Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions From... Religious Clergy
This category contains questions asked by designated members of a religious order, such as priests, monks, missionaries or others officially representing a religious group.
Pages in category "Questions From... Religious Clergy"
The following 152 pages are in this category, out of 152 total.
- A man shipwrecked on an island alone, he is not in any sense taking part in illicit love. It doesn't mean that he is free from all desire for illicit love. Is it the exterior rather than the interior (that decides)?
- And do they go out and make other disciples?
- And do you have a, what I may call a training in contemplation, in which you get...?
- And He (God) comes in bodily form?
- And if the person rejects that love, does He (God) still love him?
- Are you training people to become teachers in this school, this process of education?
- Are you welcome in Japan? People are interested, eh?
- But do you think that really God love human beings and...?
- But it is possible to man without the helping of God to realize his perfection?
- But there are in India other community of Visnu...?
- But there is no, no atheism, literate, some atheism, atheism, atheism, religious indifference, materialists exist in the towns, in the towns (in India)...?
- Can there be opposition in the spirit world? Conflict in the spirit world?
- Can they be in opposition (spirit in themselves, they are not opposition)?
- Can you say exactly the point where Christians are not obedient. Do you see any points here by your visit to the Christian countries and you like to say for us? It is a help for us to say exactly the point
- Christianity has to change their customs or the Christianity, Roman Catholic or Protestant, must return to the source?
- Could that go on and on forever, his not desiring (as soon as the living entity desires to unite with the Supreme Lord, he can become. And so long he does not desire, he'll have to continue this material existence. So that depends on him)?
- Did you talk with people there (in Moscow)? Were you permitted, were you allowed to talk with the people in the streets and so on?
- Did you then begin, after you finished the university, did you begin your writing?
- Do these men get trained in mystic prayer, contemplation?
- Do you believe in a life after death for the body?
- Do you believe in love of God, and that God is a person? Some people say that God is not a person, and we say God is a person
- Do you believe in reincarnation?
- Do you believe in some sort of universal but inherent deficiency in human nature, in other words, that man irrespective of his environment, irrespective of where he comes from, that he has, he is prone to evil?
- Do you believe that God is pleased by your prayer and helps the world because of your prayer?
- Do you believe that the origin of this creation is a sin?... A sin of man or is the love of God? What is the origin?
- Do you believe, I mean now from the point of view of facts, or events, not of ideas, of events, of reality, do you think there are many these men who are without spiritual ideas in the world of today?
- Do you find that you chant, it clarifies you?
- Do you have any in training for second class?
- Do you hope to acquire school buildings for teaching school?
- Do you know the prayer that the Russians use, the Jesus prayer?
- Do you know the Sufis are Muslims (indistinct)?
- Do you prefer they go to a place where God is not known, where spiritual values are not estimated? Or they go also to places where God is loved and God is present?
- Do you specifically have a precept against telling a lie, or against hypocrisy?
- Do you think so (everyone is loving themselves)?
- Do you use the Judeo-Christian scriptures at all in your work?
- Do you wish me to take this (book) away or should I look at it here?
- Do you, in your creed, do you believe in metempsychosis, that is the soul going through one form of life and then if it lives badly, the person lives badly, it comes back in another form and so on? Do you believe in the metempsychosis?
- Do.... Your lines of authority then come from you, or is it an elective authority?
- Does that (we have got two selection, either to the path of hellish condition or to the path of back to Godhead) name, that the things such as, you mentioned smoking and alcohol and sex and meat, that all those things are material and therefore bad?
- Does the group live a vegetarian life, without any meat? Is that what you're saying?
- Don't you find it extremely difficult to get the literal meaning from the Sanskrit to the English?
- Have you got any French literature of conception (indistinct)?
- Have you met Mother Theresa?
- He is asking if he should not show this humility, attitude of humility, to all others?
- He is asking if it is possible for them to chant the name God, that in fact is not really a name, by the name Krsna, because according to what you are explaining, God is Krsna. So can they chant the name of Krsna?
- He is what (according to our philosophy, unless one has got perfect knowledge of his self-identification, he remains an animal)?
- He says that he understands that we are talking of love meaning two people, but does that mean that... Why can't we think of love in terms of an exchange between man and everything, between man and the cosmos?
- He would like to know if to instruct young Christians to chant the name of Krsna will be helping them attain the highest perfection or if it is changing their religion?
- He's asking you how to translate a French word, "au revoir."... How do you translate into English?
- How about people who aren't first-class intelligence, people, as you mentioned, the foolish. What message...?
- How about teaching them how to love themselves?
- How do you see helping your fellow man?
- How does one get the experience of personal existence of God?
- I haven't remembered the four, but is one of those basic principles concerned with truth? Which one?
- I would like perhaps to hear some of your thoughts on the area of religious experience, God consciousness, how do you achieve that?
- I wouldn't have given up my life to Him fifty-two years ago to be a Jesuit priest unless I loved God, would I?
- If I serve the Lord, do I lose that little bit of freedom?
- If you had a big house, a rich house. You would use that?
- In Calcutta. And when you were there in Calcutta, did you receive the training?
- In our Christian faith the love of God is joined with the love for man. Are you also interested with this love for man, for our rivals?
- In the family. Any formal?
- Is He (God) a person?
- Is it by prayer to God that you help the world?
- Is it possible for a spirit soul never to regain the state of God consciousness?
- Is that tree alive?... Has it got life?... Are you doing anything wrong when you cut it down...?
- Is the prayer communal, where all take part in the prayer, or is it individual?
- Is there a spirit opposed to the divine spirit?
- Is there some sort of relationship (with Jesus and) with Lord Krsna?
- Is this ("you can see God in everywhere. But one must be Krsna conscious, God conscious. Then he'll see every moment, everywhere God, nothing but God") part of the God consciousness, that in everything is the God?
- It goes deeper and deeper (the chanting)?
- It is first time you visit France?
- It is part of your plan to operate schools for this purpose (a college to learn how to become first-class men)?
- It isn't a negation of pleasure, but it's a higher pleasure?
- It seems to me that you chant, don't you, Hare Krsna?
- It's a pity and we have to be very open and very friendly to them. I gather this. And your method is meditation and prayer, if I understand it well?
- May I ask you, Your Excellency, your own background? Were you born in India? Were you born in any other...?
- Mr. Kalyana is the president. He came yesterday. He came yesterday. Mr. Kalyana. Well, they don't believe, as you say. This is philosophy. Welfare, is happiness, but not in your meaning, in my meaning. Well, this is only to ask, then you go to Japan?
- North India. You have here the center of your...?
- Now you are in good relations. India and Russia probably for Indians it is easier than for Europeans or for some of our countries or for Americans. Are you... Have you this problem? Do you go into these areas, into these places?
- Now, how would you proceed in this training program?
- Now, taking that person, when material things cease, what happens to him?
- Same, they (the child and the father) are different people aren't they?
- She asks for a definition of the word "occult." What is something that is occult, something occult or mystic? What is it?... Mystic. What is mysticism?
- She asks what is the difference between our understanding of reincarnation and the Christian concept of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Christ said he would come again. Is there a difference? Is it the same thing?
- Taking that person, when material things cease, what happens to him?
- The devotees seem to be calm, serene. Where does that come from?
- The fact that you are not drinking for a year doesn't mean to say that you have overcome the intoxicant urge if that is in you, although you know it is wrong. But couldn't it be the difference between appearance and reality?
- The mercy of God is the love of God, isn't it?
- The spirit is eternal... in the sense that in the beginning all spirits were contained within the Deity,... and at the end all spirits will refind themselves in the Deity... Would you ever admit that a spirit could fail after his last chance...?
- The world will not end?
- They feel they're getting something out of it. But how do you explain... I gather that most countries, in Britain and America and so on that there are many thousands... And now, how do you explain this? Why are people...? Why are...?
- They're mostly young people, (your followers) aren't they, or are they, you have all ages?
- This is your first visit to Australia?
- To eat plants, is it not killing? To eat vegetables, is it not killing?
- Transcendental means spiritual, does it?
- We appreciate very much this affirmation of love of God for man... What do you think about this?
- Well, a Beethoven symphony, for example, could you listen to that? (If it is) inspired by God, given by God?
- Well, what happens when suddenly one of you gets, very ill tomorrow morning?
- What about pleasures like listening to music? Could you listen to other peoples' music?
- What does devotional service mean in that context (Intelligent persons who are endeavoring for liberation from old and death, take refuge in Me in devotional service.) ?
- What does that mean, equal vision ("the humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision the learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste)")?
- What exactly does "Krsna" mean?
- What happens to your mind? What do you do with your mind when you chant?
- What I didn't understand is how this (hypocrisy) is covered by your four pillars, the four... Which of these would cover lying?
- What is it all leading to? A state of liberation from material things?
- What is this book?
- What is your attitude toward those who are handicapped in our society? How do you respond, how do you treat those?
- What is your view of communism, Your Grace?
- What language, master, was your books originally written in?
- What was the meaning of the bag you wear on your hand?
- What you might term the ongoing communication of God in revealing Himself and in further making known His will for man at different stages of his own life, say, in his spiritual life, and, in different stages of history and in different cultures?
- When did you begin, Your Excellency?... The Krsna movement, in the Krsna movement.
- When this time comes when all physical things end, will any of the spirits fail to reunite with the Godhead?
- When you chant, do you have to think what you're saying? How can you do other things?
- Where did we lose the contact with God?
- Where does it have to be (the mind while chanting)? It has to be fixed?
- Where is it written in Bhagavad-gita that sexual intercourse is only allowed in married life?
- Who has written that? Srila Vyasa
- Who has written the Bhagavad-gita?
- Who is author, Svarupa Damodara dasa?
- Who was the original founder, Your Excellency? The original founder of the group?... This group, your group, Krsna movement.
- Who was the son He (God) sent?
- Why do you dress in that way which is an Indian way and not the European way?
- Why do you send your disciples in these Christian countries to preach the love of God when the gospel of Jesus Christ is also preaching the love of God, God love?
- Why God make some animals who eat other animals? There is a fault in the creation because... It is a fault in the creation?
- Why were we created free?
- Why you've not answered my question (about killing)?
- Why, instead of going, suppose, to South Africa where the majority, the great majority, are believers, you don't go to Japan?
- Will you be here a good long while?
- Would you explain something of the religious experience of God consciousness?
- Would you have anything that would sort of correspond to a living interpretive voice or a living interpretation of the will of God irrespective of what God says to me as an individual in the recesses of my heart and soul?
- Would you say that because we - and I talk about myself - because I have meat and bacon and so on, I am a, does that make me sinful? If I didn't eat those, I would be less sinful?
- Would you say that He (God) loves the person that is doing wrong?
- Would you say there are more sins than those four? Are there other sins? Are there other sins beside these four?
- Would you think it is possible to hate the Deity?
- Would you think of a young man as wise man? Isn't it normal that a young man is working his way towards wisdom?
- Would you think that their souls are of different value, the soul of the dog...?
- Would you use, say, cars if it were given you?
- Yeah, within one material life (gain release from birth, death, and old age)? You necessarily don't have to return?
- Yes, but when you go out do you feel it (the cold)?
- You are in India today a religious life, or...?
- You can see the Deity as too strong, repressive, taking away your freedom, your own wishes and so you can come to hate the Deity
- You can't read or talk to someone (while chanting)?
- You don't try to convert people from other religions?
- You think that men of God are a minority?
- You're completely vegetarian, and not have meat of any kind and not eggs at all?
- You've just said a few minutes ago there are eight million different kinds of life. Would you agree that the potato, the cabbage... and what have you also has a life?
- Your people have a serenity that many western people don't have. What, what is the secret of serenity? And is it... I gather you reject many material demands, materialism as such