Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Radhakunda" | "Radha-kunda"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Radha-kunda"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- A devotee will at once develop pure love of Krsna in the wake of the gopis if he once takes a bath in Radha-kunda
- Advanced devotees prefer to reside at Radha-kunda because this place is the site of many memories of the eternal loving affairs between Krsna and Radharani
- After Lord Caitanya's disappearance Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami went to Vrndavana to associate with the other Gosvamis, and he remained mostly at Radha-kunda. His tomb is there still in Radha-kunda
- Although there was very little water, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was omniscient and could understand that formerly these two ponds were called Sri Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda
- Because of its wonderful transcendental qualities, Radha-kunda is as dear to Krsna as Srimati Radharani. It was in that lake that the all-opulent Lord Sri Krsna performed His pastimes with Srimati Radharani with great pleasure and transcendental bliss
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati once gave a class on the Upanisads at Radha-kunda
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Radharani
- By serving Radha-kunda, one can get an opportunity to become an assistant of Srimati Radharani under the eternal guidance of the gopis
- Finally He (Caitanya) found the holy spot, and there was a small pond there. He took His bath in that small pond and told His devotees that the actual Radha-kunda was situated there
- From Radha-kunda, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sumanas Lake. When He saw Govardhana Hill from there, He was overwhelmed with joy
- He was eating little butter, just to satisfy. Practically no eating. Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was a very rich man's son. His father's income was twelve lakhs of rupees in those days. So he adopted this austerity at Radha-kunda
- Her (Radharani's) kunda (lake) is as profoundly dear to Lord Krsna as this most beloved of the gopis
- If one is thus constantly engaged during his lifetime, after giving up the body he will return back to Godhead to serve Sri Radha in the same way as he contemplated during his life on the banks of Radha-kunda
- If, by great fortune, one gets an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda and bathe even once, he can develop his transcendental love for Krsna, exactly as the gopis did
- In my last meeting with Prabhupada in Radha Kunda he advised me to print some books if I get money. I took it very seriously and by His grace we have now published my translations of Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, etc
- In this connection Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes that even great sages and great devotees like Narada and Sanaka do not get an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda to take their baths
- In this way Srila Rupa Gosvami gradually concludes that Srimati Radharani is the most exalted devotee of Krsna and that Her kunda (lake), Sri Radha-kunda, is the most exalted place
- Indeed, Lord Krsna gives ecstatic love like that of Srimati Radharani to whoever bathes in that lake even once in his life
- Indeed, those who execute devotional service on the banks of Radha-kunda are the most fortunate people in the universe
- It is a difficult position to attain, even for great sages and devotees like Narada. Thus there is no limit to the glory of Sri Radha-kunda
- It is also recommended that one should live on the banks of Radha-kunda and should be absorbed in the loving service of the Lord
- It is stated that when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu first visited the area of Vrajabhumi, He could not at first find the location of Radha-kunda. This means that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was actually searching for the exact location of Radha-kunda
- Just as Radha is dear to Lord Krsna, so Her bathing place (Radha-kunda) is dear to Him. She alone is His most beloved of all the gopis
- Just as Srimati Radharani is dear to the Supreme Lord Krsna (Visnu), so Her bathing place (Radha-kunda) is equally dear to Krsna. Among all the gopis, She alone stands supreme as the Lord's most beloved
- Just as Srimati Radharani is most dear to Lord Krsna, so Her lake, known as Radha-kunda, is also very dear to Him. Of all the gopis, Srimati Radharani is certainly the most beloved
- Just as Srimati Radharani is most dear to Sri Krsna, Her bathing place (Radha-kunda) is also dear to Him. Among all the gopis, Srimati Radharani is supermost and very dear to Lord Krsna
- Later the pond was excavated by Lord Caitanya's devotees, headed first by the six Gosvamis, such as Rupa and Raghunatha dasa. Presently there is a large lake known as Radha-kunda there
- Living entities who are eager to return home to the transcendental kingdom of God, Goloka Vrndavana, by means of attaining their spiritual bodies (siddha-deha) should live at Radha-kunda
- O my beloved friend Vrnda, where are you coming from? "I am coming from the feet of Sri Hari." "Where is He?" "In the forest on the bank of Radha-kunda." "What is He doing there?" "He is learning dancing." "Who is His master?"
- Of all the gopis, Radharani is the dearmost. Similarly, the lake known as Radha-kunda is very dear to the Lord because it is very dear to Srimati Radharani
- Of the many objects of favored delight and of all the lovable damsels of Vrajabhumi, Srimati Radharani is certainly the most treasured object of Krsna's love. And, in every respect, Her divine kunda is described by great sages as similarly dear to Him
- Radha-kunda is mainly worshiped by the Gaudiya Vaisnavas, the followers of Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Radha-kunda is very rarely attained, even by great personalities fully engaged in devotional service, not to speak of ordinary devotees who are only engaged in the practice of vaidhi bhakti
- Radha-kunda, at the foot of Govardhana, is superior to all because it is there that love of Krsna overflows
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami lived a long time, residing for most of his life at Radha-kunda. The place where he performed his devotional service still exists by Radha-kunda
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami showed how to live in Radha-kunda
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was offering obeisances flat hundred times and taking bath three times. Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, those who have gone to Radha-Kunda, you have seen, the extreme tapasya. He was very rich man's son
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was offering obeisances round the Radha-kunda, whole, that "So many times I shall fall down." He was falling down
- Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami renovated Radha-kunda
- Similarly, Her (Radharani's) lake, Sri Radha-kunda, is also described by great sages as the lake that is as dear to Krsna as Radha Herself. Indeed, Krsna's love for Radha-kunda and Srimati Radharani is the same in all respects
- Sometime in the year 1935 when His Divine Grace was staying at Radha-kunda, I went to see him from Bombay. At that time, he gave me many important instructions in regard to constructing temples and publishing books
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the local people, "Where is Radha-kunda?" No one could inform Him, and the brahmana accompanying Him did not know either
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then marked His body with tilaka made from the mud of Radha-kunda, and with the help of Balabhadra Bhattacarya, He collected some of the mud and took it with Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus offered prayers to Radha-kunda. Overwhelmed by ecstatic love, He danced on the bank, remembering the pastimes Lord Krsna performed on the bank of Radha-kunda
- Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami took three baths daily in the Radha-kunda lake. As soon as he found a Vaisnava residing in Vrndavana, he would embrace him and give him all respect
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has given much stress to Radha-kunda because of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's desire to find it. Who, then, would give up Radha-kunda and try to reside elsewhere? No person with transcendental intelligence would do so
- Srila Rupa Gosvami recommends that even if one cannot live permanently on the banks of Radha-kunda, he should at least take a bath in the lake as many times as possible
- Srimati Radhika is very dear to Lord Krsna, and similarly Her ponds, namely, Syama-kunda and Radha-kunda, are also very dear to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The attraction of Radha-kunda is as sweet as that of Srimati Radharani. Similarly, the glories of the kunda (lake) are as great as Srimati Radharani's
- The conclusion is that to live on the banks of the Radha-kunda and to bathe there daily constitute the highest perfection of devotional service
- The importance of Radha-kunda cannot be realized by other Vaisnava sampradayas
- The importance of Radha-kunda, however, cannot be realized by other Vaisnava sampradayas, nor can persons uninterested in the devotional service of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu understand the spiritual importance and divine nature of Radha-kunda
- The Lord then understood that the holy place called Radha-kunda was no longer visible. However, being the omniscient S P of God, He discovered Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda in two paddy fields. There was only a little water, but He took His bath there
- This is the most exalted method (live at Radha-kunda, and take shelter of the confidential serving maids of Sri Radha) for those engaged in devotional service under the protection of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- We are printing all these books for understanding properly. Not that "Here is Radha-kunda. Let us go." Jump over like monkey. "Here is rasa-lila"
- When the people of the village saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taking His bath in those two ponds in the middle of the paddy fields, they were very much astonished. The Lord then offered His prayers to Sri Radha-kunda
- Where is that intelligent person who is unwilling to serve this divine Radha-kunda, which is situated at the foot of Govardhana Hill?
- Who, then, will not reside at Radha-kunda and, in a spiritual body surcharged with ecstatic devotional feelings, render loving service to the divine couple Sri Sri Radha-Govinda, who perform Their astakaliya-lila, Their eternal eightfold daily pastimes
- Whoever bathes just once in Radha-kunda attains Srimati Radharani's loving attraction for Sri Krsna. Who within this world can describe the glories and sweetness of Sri Radha-kunda
- Why is Radha-kunda so exalted? The lake is so exalted because it belongs to Srimati Radharani, who is the most beloved object of Sri Krsna. Among all the gopis, She is the most beloved