Questions On... Agriculture and Cow Protection
Pages in category "Questions On... Agriculture and Cow Protection"
The following 64 pages are in this category, out of 64 total.
- And what about with people (we are maintaining animals, giving them food, giving them security of life in all our farms the animals are very free)?
- And you think there's enough food (now, so far I have studied, that in America, in Africa, in Australia, there are so much vacant places that the present population of the world, if it is increased ten times, still there is enough food)?
- Around all the holy places I always see a lot of monkeys and cows in India. Is there some reason, special, about... I mean, cows, there's obvious reason, but what about the monkeys? Why are they around the holy places?
- I remember, Srila Prabhupada, you were saying that all we require is some oxen, and the oxen can carry?
- I was taking the children in the land here and teaching them how to recognize the different plants. Is that useful, or should I not do that? here we have so many different plants growing, some medical plants, some that can be eaten. Is there any use?
- In case they want to see what type of..., how we like to develop in the village scheme, should I keep the Mayapur program ready?
- In India isn't it the system that after they harvest the wheat they leave some on the ground for the others to come and pick?
- In your rural communities, do you utilize the most modern techniques with fertilizers, with mechanical means for cultivating land?
- International Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, in London, I shall try to see if there is any similar society here. But one thing I can suggest as you have asked me to give a thought to this problem
- Is it all right to use modern machines on our farms?
- Is there something special you want me to do there (the ISKCON farm near Colombo, Sri Lanka), Prabhupada?
- It (the farm in Hyderabad) can produce enough food to feed the whole society... Do you want me to take care of?
- It is more difficult to grow vegetables in Kali-yuga where there's no sacrifice?… Doesn't that make it more difficult to live? The weather's, everything's so disturbed?
- One thing, the other day they were saying that sometimes when they have this skim milk, and there's some excess after they've fed it to the cows, they throw it away, they use it for fertilizer. Should they do that? Is that all right to use that?
- One would think because there's land and room for vegetables and there are so many cows that there would be a plentiful supply of milk, but I understand that they (New Vrndavana) use powdered milk. The devotees use powdered milk there
- Oxen can also grind, I think. Can oxen also (in India the practice was hand grind daily. The women will do that. That's exercise for them, and they keep their body fit and beautiful)?
- Seems silly, doesn't it (do you think it is civilization? Mother who has given you milk in your childhood, and maintained your life, and because she is old, cutting throat. Is that good civilization?). Umm, I think are you keeping cows here?
- Should I develop that scheme (the farm) then?
- Should we plant one (java plum) on the land too?
- Skim milk should not be given to the calves? The calves should get?
- So it's the whole bovine race that's protected, and not just the cows themselves, not just the female cows?
- So we shouldn't do that in our field (Let the animals eat as much as they like)?
- Srila Prabhupada, what exactly do the... Do the vaisyas cultivate the fields or the sudras cultivate the fields?... Is it the duty of the vaisyas to cultivate the fields or...?
- Swamiji, do you have certain farms also in America, gosala?
- That (the water) can be used for agriculture?
- That when a brahmana is engaged in the activities of plowing and cultivating, that he has become a vaisya?
- The cow (third-class means they should engage themselves, how to produce food and give protection to the cow)?
- The government is also giving land free to encourage agriculture. Simply that it has to be cleared. It's jungle land; it has to be cleared. Shall we try for something like that?
- The householders on our farm, they should cooperate and produce the food centrally or every householder should produce his own food independently?
- They have farms, they call them sea farms and they specially grow the seaweed for cultivation... But the Vedic culture, I don't think they like this. They'll prefer this... Do you think Prabhupada?
- This ("agriculturists should give protection to the cows") doesn't apply to bulls and bullocks and male animals generally does it?
- This land we were looking at a few days ago? You suggested purchasing it for grazing
- We can take care of cows, can't we?
- We should not get a tractor?
- What about astronomy (should be taught)? Anything like that?... Any animal husbandry they can learn out there
- What do these people do for a living? Only grow food? And did you need money?
- What thought there is in bringing the temple and the farm closer together as one entity rather than two?
- What to do with the skim milk after the ghee has been produced?
- What would people do who live in areas where things are not grown so easily, like in the colder areas?
- When they say they have a surplus of grains now, they are burning these great mounds of grains, this means that in the future there will be no grains for this country to eat?
- Where should we send (milk products)? To one center?
- Without a machine how can you make sugar from the cane?
- Would that be a young cow or a mother cow?
- Would you elaborate what you are doing as New Vrindaban? What is it you are establishing there?
- Would, say, the cutting down of a plant, vegetable.... You are killing the growth there. Is that a living matter?