- Śrī Nityānanda Prabhu
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Branches from Nityananda (3 C, 9 P)
- ► Caitanya and Nityananda (1 C, 277 P)
- ► Jahnava-devi (2 C, 9 P)
- ► Maha-sankarsana (1 C, 11 P)
- ► Vasudha (3 P)
Pages in category "Nityananda"
The following 318 pages are in this category, out of 318 total.
- Devotees of Lord Nityananda
- Footsteps of Sri Nityananda
- In Panihati, following the order of Nityananda Prabhu, Raghunatha dasa observed a festival - cida-dadhi-mahotsava - by distributing chipped rice mixed with yogurt
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu's Avirbhava Appearance Day
- Lotus feet of Lord Nityananda
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu was born in the village of Ekacakra as the son of Padmavati and Hadai Pandita
- A brahmana named Krsnadasa, who was a resident of Radha-desa and a servant of Lord Nityananda's, was a very fortunate person
- A devotee who has attained the title of gosvami but is not born of a brahmana father or of a gosvami in the family of Nityananda or Advaita Prabhu should not be artificially puffed up by thinking that he has become a gosvami
- A Vaisnava should follow the examples of such Vaisnavas as Haridasa Thakura, Nityananda Prabhu and also Lord Jesus Christ. There is no need to kill anyone who has already been killed
- According to this formula, the gosvamis who are descendants of Sri Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Prabhu are certainly devotees, but devotees coming from other families should not be discriminated against
- Advaita Acarya accused Nityananda Prabhu, saying, "You can eat ten to twenty manas of rice. I am a poor brahmana. How shall I get so much rice"
- Advaita Acarya jokingly said, "My dear Nityananda, I invited You, and indeed I have received the results. You have no fixed caste or dynasty. By nature You are a madman"
- Advaita Acarya replied, "Sir, You are a mendicant traveling on pilgrimage. Sometimes You eat fruits and roots, and sometimes You simply go on fasting"
- Advaita Acarya said, "Just sit down here on these seats." Catching Their hands, He sat Them both down
- Advaita Acarya said, "Please do not give up whatever I have already given You. Now, whatever I am giving, You may eat half and leave half"
- Advaita Acarya said, "You are a reject paramahamsa, and You have accepted the renounced order of life just to fill up Your belly. I can understand that Your business is to give trouble to brahmanas"
- Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Srivasa Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Svarupa Damodara, Murari Gupta, Haridasa Thakura and all the other devotees of Sri Krsna Caitanya - bowing down with devotion, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) hold their lotus feet on my head
- Advaita Acarya, Nityananda Prabhu and all the other devotees showed their causeless mercy to Rupa Gosvami by embracing him in return
- After consulting with Raghava Pandita, he secretly delivered one hundred gold coins and about seven tolas of gold into the hand of Nityananda Prabhu's treasurer
- After hearing this appeal by Raghunatha dasa, Lord Nityananda Prabhu smiled and told all the devotees, Raghunatha dasa's standard of material happiness is equal to that of Indra, the King of heaven
- After Lord Nityananda Prabhu finished eating, He washed His hands and mouth and gave Raghunatha dasa the food remaining in the four pots
- After Nityananda Prabhu had changed His cloth for a new one and sat on a raised platform, the brahmana brought before Him the seven huge pots
- After Nityananda Prabhu, the greatest branch is Virabhadra Gosani, who also has innumerable branches and subbranches. It is not possible to describe them all
- After offering my obeisances unto all the devotees of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, who are like bumblebees collecting honey from His lotus feet, I shall try to describe those who are the most prominent
- After receiving the remnants of food left by Lord Nityananda Prabhu, Raghunatha dasa, who was greatly happy, ate some and distributed the rest among his own associates
- After saying this, He directed me toward Vrndavana by waving His hand. Then He disappeared with His associates
- After saying this, Nityananda Prabhu took a handful of rice and threw it on the floor in front of Him, as if He were angry
- After saying this, Sivananda Sena went to Nityananda Prabhu, who then stood up and kicked him
- After taking dust from the feet of Raghava Pandita, Raghunatha dasa returned to his home, feeling greatly obligated to Lord Nityananda Prabhu because of having received His merciful benediction
- After taking leave of Lord Nityananda Prabhu and then all the other Vaisnavas, Sri Raghunatha dasa consulted secretly with Raghava Pandita
- After that, Nityananda Prabhu continued, "I shall go to Advaita Acarya's house, and you should go to Navadvipa and return with mother Saci and all the other devotees"
- After this, the other devotees - headed by Nityananda Prabhu, Jagadananda, Mukunda and Damodara - began to consider a certain plan
- After worshiping Nityananda Prabhu, Svarupa Damodara met Jagadananda, Mukunda, Sankara and Sarvabhauma, as was befitting
- Again Nityananda Prabhu jokingly said, "My belly is not yet filled up. Please take away Your food. I have not taken the least of it"
- All glories to Nityananda Prabhu, the greatest of mendicants, who bound the entire world with a knot of ecstatic love for God!
- All glory, all glory to Lord Nityananda Balarama, by whose mercy I have attained shelter in the transcendental abode of Vrndavana
- All glory, all glory to the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda, by whose mercy I have attained Sri Radha-Govinda
- All glory, all glory to the merciful Lord Nityananda, by whose mercy I have attained shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Rupa and Sri Sanatana
- All materialists, who are always in the blazing fire of material activities, may come under the shade of His (Lord Nityananda) lotus feet and be fully relieved and satiated
- All the associates of Lord Nityananda were formerly cowherd boys in Vrajabhumi. Their symbolic representations were the horns and sticks they carried, their cowherd dress and the peacock plumes on their heads
- All the priests of the temple had been previously acquainted with Sri Nityananda Prabhu; therefore they all came to offer great respects to the Lord
- All the Vaisnava associates of the Lord were present, including Nityananda Prabhu, Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Thakura, Gadadhara Pandita, Mukunda, Jagadananda, Murari and Vakresvara
- As a devotee of Lord Nityananda he (Gadadhara dasa) is considered to have been one of the friends of Krsna in pure devotional service
- As he (Srikanta Sena) described the Vaisnavas, therefore, he did not mention Lord Nityananda's kicking Sivananda Sena. Meanwhile, all the devotees arrived and went to meet the Lord
- As His associate Nityananda, He is the first expansion of God; as Advaita, He is an incarnation; as Gadadhara, He is the internal potency; and as Srivasa, He is the marginal living entity in the role of a devotee
- At the top of the tree the trunk branched into two. One trunk was named Sri Advaita Prabhu and the other Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- Baladeva, Laksmana, Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Lord Sesa and Lord Sankarsana taste the nectarean mellows of the transcendental bliss of Lord Krsna by recognizing Themselves as being His devotees and servants
- Balarama dasa always fully tasted the nectar of love of Krsna. Upon hearing the name of Nityananda Prabhu, he would become greatly maddened
- Because Nityananda Prabhu was preaching in Bengal, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had ordered Him not to come to Jagannatha Puri. That year, however, He went with the rest of the party to see the Lord
- By His mercy I have attained the shelter of the great personality Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, and by His mercy I have found the refuge of Sri Svarupa Damodara
- By the order and strength of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura has elaborately described in his Caitanya-mangala all that I have not
- By the order of Nityananda Prabhu, he went to Vrndavana and actually achieved the result of His order, for he compiled many books for a long time and preached the cult of bhakti from there
- By Your inconceivable energy, You can do whatever You like, and whatever You make Me do, I do without restriction
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu placed the standard of Madhavendra Puri's intense love before Nityananda Prabhu for judgment. "All his loving activities are uncommon," Caitanya Mahaprabhu said. "Indeed, one is struck with wonder to hear of his activities"
- Calling all the boys in confidence and telling a reasonable story, Nityananda Prabhu instructed them as follows
- Crying, his wife informed him, "Lord Nityananda has cursed our sons to die because His quarters have not been provided"
- From birth, Purusottama dasa was merged in the service of the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, and he always engaged in childish play with Lord Krsna
- From Nityananda Prabhu, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the story of Ksira-curi Gopinatha and of the witness Gopala. Then Nityananda Prabhu broke the sannyasa rod belonging to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- From the main trunk there extend two special branches, Advaita Prabhu and Sri Nityananda Prabhu, and from those branches grow other branches and twigs. The tree surrounds the entire world
- From the ocean of loving compassion, which had been completely dammed up, Lord Nityananda cut a canal of love of Godhead and flooded the entire world
- From these conclusions we can know the limit of the truth of Lord Nityananda. But what glory is there in calling Him Ananta?
- Gauranga means with all this paraphernalia. As soon as we speak of gauranga, we should mean the five: Lord Nityananda, Advaita, Gadadhara, and Srivasa. All together
- Gauridasa Pandita sacrificed everything for the service of Lord Nityananda
- Govinda offered the two garlands to Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, and They both became very happy
- Having said this, Lord Nityananda stood up and left in an angry mood. To chastise Ramacandra Khan, He did not even stay in that village
- He (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) worshiped Radha-Krsna with his family, and once when there was some misunderstanding among his family members about devotional service, he was advised by Nityananda Prabhu in a dream to leave home and go to Vrndavana
- He (Nityananda) granted to one as low as me (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) the sight of Lord Govinda. Words cannot describe this, nor is it fit to be disclosed
- He also obtained five or seven especially large earthen pots, and in these pots a brahmana began soaking chipped rice for the satisfaction of Lord Nityananda
- He brought many kinds of food cooked in ghee and offered to the Lord. This prasadam he first placed before Lord Nityananda and then distributed among the devotees
- He complained, "Sivananda Sena has not arranged for My residence and I am so hungry I could die. Because he has not come, I curse his three sons to die"
- He delivers all those who fall down before Him. Therefore He has delivered such a sinful and fallen person as me
- He does not distinguish between the good and the bad, because He is intoxicated by ecstatic love and is an incarnation of mercy
- He had a glossy blackish complexion, and His tall, strong, heroic stature made Him seem like Cupid himself
- He said "I want to give money" just to worship the lotus feet of all the great devotees, servants and subservants of Lord Nityananda Prabhu
- He told me again and again "Arise! Get up!" Upon rising, I was greatly astonished to see His beauty
- He wore golden earrings on His ears, and golden armlets and bangles. He wore tinkling anklets on His feet and a garland of flowers around His neck
- Hearing about the festival, all kinds of learned scholars, brahmanas and priests went there. Lord Nityananda Prabhu honored them and made them sit on the raised platform with Him
- Hearing this, Lord Nityananda Prabhu said, "You are a thief. Now you have come to see Me. Come here, come here. Today I shall punish you"
- His body moved to and fro, right and left, for He was absorbed in ecstasy. He chanted "Krsna, Krsna" in a deep voice
- His devotees, dressed like cowherd boys, surrounded His feet like so many bees and also chanted "Krsna, Krsna," absorbed in ecstatic love
- His elders such as Lord Nityananda, Advaita Acarya and Srivasa Thakura, as well as His other devotees - whether His juniors, equals or superiors - are all His associates who help Him in His pastimes. Lord Gauranga fulfills His aims with their help
- His red stick moving in His hand, He seemed like a maddened lion. All around the four sides of His feet were bumblebees
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described my own story without reservations. The attributes of Lord Nityananda, making me like a madman, force me to write these things
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have thus described the power of the servants of Lord Nityananda. Now I shall describe another characteristic of His mercy
- I accept it as the truth because it has been said by devotees. Since He is the source of all incarnations, everything is possible in Him
- I am a poor brahmana, and You have come to My home. Please be satisfied with whatever little food You have received and give up Your greedy mentality
- I belong to a community of cowherd boys, and therefore I generally have many cowherd associates with Me. I am happy when we eat together in a picnic like this by the sandy bank of the river
- I can assure you that if you follow my instruction as above mentioned there is no doubt about it that through me my spiritual Master Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura will be pleased, and through His mercy Lord Nityananda will be pleased
- I fell at His feet, offering my obeisances, and He then placed His own lotus feet upon my head
- I have already described Caitanya's deliverance of the Mayavadi sannyasis in the Seventh Chapter of the Adi-lila, when I described the glories of the Panca-tattva - Sri Caitanya, Sri Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu, Gadadhara Prabhu and Srivasa
- I have attained all this by coming to Vrndavana, and this was made possible by the mercy of Lord Nityananda
- I have explained the seventh verse in four subsequent verses. By these verses all the world can know the truth about Lord Nityananda
- I have invoked the benediction of the Lords with these two verses (texts 1 and 2 of this chapter). Now please hear attentively the purport of the third verse
- I have not come here for some personal credit in this old age. I have also come here under the order of my Spiritual Master who is non-different from Lord Nityananda
- I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Nityananda Rama, whose partial representation called Karanodakasayi Visnu, lying on the Karana Ocean, is the original purusa, the master of the illusory energy, & the shelter of all the universes - CC Adi 1.9
- I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Nityananda Rama, whose partial representation called Karanodakasayi Visnu, lying on the Karana Ocean, is the original purusa, the master of the illusory energy, & the shelter of all the universes - CC Adi 5.50
- I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, a partial part of whom is Garbhodakasayi Visnu
- I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, a partial part of whom is Garbhodakasayi Visnu. From the navel of Garbhodakasayi Visnu sprouts the lotus that is the birthplace of Brahma, the engineer of the universe
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose secondary part is the Visnu lying in the ocean of milk - CC Adi 1.11
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose secondary part is the Visnu lying in the ocean of milk - CC Adi 5.109
- I shall also go to see You at intervals. Keeping Myself invisible, I shall watch You dance
- I thank you very much for the humble sentiments which you have expressed, and I am sure that Lord Nityananda is seeing your sincerity and will be pleased to bless you
- I thought about what I had seen and heard and concluded that the Lord had ordered me to proceed to Vrndavana at once
- I was overwhelmed with transcendental ecstasy, not knowing anything else. Then Lord Nityananda smiled and spoke to me as follows
- If one has no connection with Nitai, Balarama, then even though one is a very learned scholar or jnani or has taken birth in a very respectable family, these assets will not help him
- If we want actually peace of mind, if we actually want to be free from this material fatiguement, then we must take the shelter of Nityananda Prabhu
- If you are actually serious about going back to home, back to Godhead, then please seek after the mercy of Nityananda
- In all the forms He tastes the transcendental bliss of serving Krsna. That same Balarama is Lord Nityananda, the companion of Lord Gaurasundara
- In each of the seven groups was a principal dancer, such as Advaita Acarya or Lord Nityananda
- In one group Nityananda Prabhu began to dance, and in another group Advaita Acarya began to dance
- In Radhadesa, the part of Bengal where the Ganges is not visible, Nityananda Prabhu, Gangadasa Pandita, Murari Gupta and Mukunda took birth
- In spite of Lord Caitanya's being so humble and meek as a devotee, when He was informed about injuries inflicted on the body of Sri Nityananda, He immediately ran to the spot and wanted to kill the offenders
- In the Caitanya-sampradaya there is sometimes a demoniac misconception about the descent of Nityananda Prabhu
- In the first eleven verses of the Caitanya-caritamrta, Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami thus discusses Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu as Sri Krsna Himself, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Lord Nityananda as Balarama, the first expansion of Krsna
- In the Gaura-candrodaya it is said that Visvarupa, after His so-called demise, remained mixed within Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- In the maha-mantra - Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare - the word "Rama" refers to Balarama. Since Lord Nityananda is Balarama, "Rama" also refers to Lord Nityananda
- In the morning, after taking His bath in the Ganges, Nityananda Prabhu sat down with His associates beneath the same tree under which He had previously sat
- In the second verse of the CC, the author offers his obeisances to Caitanya & Lord Nityananda. He compares Them to the sun and the moon because They dissipate the darkness of the material world. In this instance the sun and the moon have risen together
- In the village of Jhamatapura, which is near Naihati, Lord Nityananda appeared to me in a dream
- In the village of Panihati, Raghunatha dasa obtained an interview with Nityananda Prabhu, who was accompanied by many kirtana performers, servants and others
- In this way Lord Nityananda was walking through all the groups of eaters, and all the Vaisnavas standing there were seeing the fun
- Indeed, He said, "Although I am invited to eat by Advaita Acarya, today also is a fast. So small a quantity of food will not fill even half My belly"
- Indeed, They began chanting the holy name of Krsna on that very spot, and in this way, dancing and dancing, Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu reached Jagannatha Puri
- Indirectly this indicates Lord Caitanya, who is accompanied by His associates Nityananda, Advaita and others. That is the process of performing yajna in this age
- It is not my mental concoction, but I believe in the words of Narottama Dasa Thakura that the shelter of the Lotus Feet of Lord Nityananda is as cooling effectively as the combined moonshine of millions of moons
- Let me offer my obeisances to Lord Sri Nityananda, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose opulence is wonderful and unlimited. By His will, even a fool can understand His identity
- Let us offer our respectful obeisances to Isvara Puri, Nityananda Prabhu, Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu, Srivasa Pandita and Sri Gadadhara Pandita
- Let us therefore worship the holy feet of these two Lords. Thus one can be rid of all difficulties on the path of self-realization
- Lord Baladeva in Krsnaloka is Nityananda Prabhu. Therefore Nityananda Prabhu is the original Sankarsana, and Maha-sankarsana and His expansions as the purusas in the universes are plenary expansions of Nityananda Prabhu
- Lord Nityananda gave Advaita Acarya His remnants to situate Him on the same platform and make Him a pure unalloyed Vaisnava or paramahamsa
- Lord Nityananda had Raghunatha dasa blessed by all the devotees, and Raghunatha dasa offered his respects to their lotus feet
- Lord Nityananda made Raghava Pandita sit down and had two pots delivered to him also. There were two kinds of chipped rice soaked in them
- Lord Nityananda never took sannyasa. He was independent, like a brahmacari, and later he became married
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Acarya accepted a sannyasi as their spiritual master, namely Madhavendra Puri, who was a disciple of Laksmipati Tirtha
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu had a servant named Sri Minaketana Ramadasa, who was a reservoir of love
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu ordered, "All of you eat, chanting the holy name of Hari." Immediately the holy names "Hari, Hari" resounded, filling the entire universe"
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu ordered, "Yes, go soon to Vrndavana. That place has been awarded to your family, to your father and uncles, by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and therefore you must go there immediately"
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu raised Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and with the help of His men saw him to his home
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu replied, "Whatever I may be, You have invited Me. Therefore You must supply as much as I want to eat"
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu then obtained an external garment used by the Lord by requesting it from Govinda
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu, the avadhuta, is also directly the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is always intoxicated with the madness of ecstatic love. Indeed, He is an ocean of love of Krsna
- Lord Nityananda said, "In Vrndavana all things are possible." Here I have explained His brief statement in detail
- Lord Nityananda's very features indicate that He is the subduer of the unbelievers. All sins and unbelievers flee from the loud shouts of Advaita Acarya
- Lord Nityananda, who is omniscient because He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, came to the house of Ramacandra Khan and sat down on the altar of the Durga-mandapa
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is always accompanied by His very confidential associates such as Sri Nityananda, Sri Gadadhara and Sri Advaita and by many devotees like Srivasa
- Make a festival and feed all My associates yogurt and chipped rice. Hearing this, Raghunatha dasa was greatly pleased
- Many devotees sat on the ground surrounding Him. Seeing the influence of Nityananda Prabhu, Raghunatha dasa was astonished
- May Rupa Gosvami, by Your mercy, become so powerful that he will be able to describe the transcendental mellows of devotional service
- My real riches are Nityananda Prabhu and the lotus feet of Sri Radha and Krsna
- Narayana presides with His four expansions: Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Vasudeva. This Sankarsana, states Krsnadasa Kaviraja in the eighth verse of the Caitanya-caritamrta, is Lord Nityananda
- Nitai Guna Mani Amara, CDV 17 - Ocean of love of Godhead is a big ocean, but it was not inundated. So Nityananda Prabhu cut a canal from the ocean, and He brought the canal in every door
- Nitai Pada Kamala, 1968 part one - Nitai-pada-kamala means the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda. Koti-candra-susitala. It is just a shelter where you will get the soothing moonlight not only of one, but of millions of moons
- Nitai Pada Kamala, 1968 part two - They (human animals) have become maddened by a false concept of the bodily life. Ahankare matta hoiya, nitai-pada pasariya: And for this reason they have completely forgotten their eternal relationship with Nityananda
- Nitai Pada Kamala, 1969 - If you are actually serious about going back to home, back to Godhead, then please seek after the mercy of Nityananda
- Nitai-pada-kamala means the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda. Koti-candra-susitala. It is just a shelter where you will get the soothing moonlight not only of one, but of millions of moons
- Nityananda became very angry with Sivananda Sena, who was in charge of the affairs of the party, and kicked him in loving anger. Sivananda Sena felt highly favored to have been kicked by Nityananda Prabhu
- Nityananda is the principle of the Guru. So, the Gurudeva is the incarnation of Nityananda. Anyone strictly following the instruction of the Guru is following Nityananda
- Nityananda Prabhu also played at whirling the rod. Who can understand how They were ecstatically immersed in the deep emotions of the cowherd boys
- Nityananda Prabhu continued, "The King has decided to become a mendicant and accept the sign of a mendicant by wearing an ivory earring. He does not want to enjoy his kingdom without seeing the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Nityananda Prabhu continued, "You are such a monist! And now I am eating beside You. I do not know how My mind will be affected in this way"
- Nityananda Prabhu meanwhile became very hungry and upset. Because He had not yet obtained a suitable residence, He began calling Sivananda Sena ill names
- Nityananda Prabhu replied, "O Lord, You are the life, and I am the body. There is no difference between the body and life itself, but life is more important than the body"
- Nityananda Prabhu replied, "These are the remnants of food left by Lord Krsna. If You take them to be ordinary remnants, You have committed an offense"
- Nityananda Prabhu rested for the day, and when the day ended He went to the temple of Raghava Pandita and began congregational chanting of the holy name of the Lord
- Nityananda Prabhu said, "I have undergone fasting for three days continuously. Today I had hoped to break My fast"
- Nityananda Prabhu said, "When You fell down in ecstasy, I caught You, but both of Us together fell upon the staff"
- Nityananda Prabhu then said, "How is it possible for You to go alone? Who can tolerate this"
- Nityananda Prabhu then said, "We want to tell You something. Although we cannot stay without speaking, we are still very much afraid to speak"
- Nityananda Prabhu then said, "Who is there in the three worlds who can ask You to see the King"
- Nityananda Prabhu then submitted one suggestion for the Lord's consideration. "There is a way," He suggested, "by which You need not meet the King but which would enable the King to continue living"
- Nityananda Prabhu was always a brahmacari of a sannyasi of the vaidika order. Actually He was a paramahamsa
- Nityananda Prabhu would stretch out His two hands and try to catch the Lord when He was running here and there
- Nityananda Prabhu's body is spiritual, but demoniac persons consider the body of the Supreme Personality to be material, just like ours
- Nityananda-vamsa means one who takes the risk of preaching work, he can claim Nityananda-vamsa. Not that easy-going
- No one can count the unlimited followers of Nityananda Prabhu. I have mentioned some of them just for my self-purification
- No one could understand what the brothers discussed between Themselves, but later all the devotees could guess what the subject matter was
- O Lord Nityananda, I write of Your mercy out of great exultation. Please forgive me for my offenses
- On that platform, all the most important associates of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, as well as other important men, sat down in a circle around the Lord
- One of the brothers, Jagai, was astonished to see this behavior of Nityananda Prabhu, and he at once fell down at His feet and asked Him to pardon his sinful brother
- Parama Koruna, 1969 Jan 16 - My dear brother, just try to worship these two Lords, Caitanya and Nityananda, sudrdha visvasa kori', with faith and conviction
- Paramananda Puri, Brahmananda Bharati Gosani, Svarupa Damodara Gosani, Lord Nityananda, Jagadananda, Mukunda and others were present before the Lord at that time
- Paramesvara dasa, said to be the fifth gopala of Krsna-lila, completely surrendered to the lotus feet of Nityananda. Anyone who remembers his name, Paramesvara dasa, will get love of Krsna very easily
- Pure devotees like Narada and Nityananda Prabhu take up the order of the spiritual master as the sustenance of life. They do not mind what becomes of the future of their lives
- Purusottama Pandita, a resident of Navadvipa, was the eighth gopala. He would become almost mad as soon as he heard the holy name of Nityananda Prabhu
- Raghava Pandita said to Lord Nityananda, "For You, Sir, I have already offered food to the Deity, but You are engaged in a festival here, and so the food is lying there untouched"
- Raghunatha dasa admonished the treasurer, "Do not speak about this to Lord Nityananda Prabhu now, but when He returns home, kindly inform Him about this presentation"
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, who was a householder at this time, met Nityananda Prabhu. According to His advice, he executed this festival of dadhi-cida-prasada
- Raghunatha dasa went there and worshiped Lord Nityananda's lotus feet. Through Raghava Pandita, he submitted his desire
- Ramacandra Khan has spoken rightly. This place is unfit for Me. It is fit for cow-killing meat-eaters
- Ramacandra Khan ordered the servant to dig up the dirt in the place where Nityananda Prabhu had sat
- Sadasiva Pandita, the twelfth branch, was always eager to serve the lotus feet of the Lord. It was his good fortune that when Lord Nityananda came to Navadvipa He resided at his house
- Sankarsana is the origin of Karana Visnu, who is the original form who creates the universes, and that Sankarsana is but a plenary expansion of Sri Nityananda Rama
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya permitted all the devotees to enter his house, and upon seeing Nityananda Prabhu, the Bhattacarya offered Him obeisances
- Seeing that it was already getting late, Lord Nityananda Prabhu, the spiritual master, invented a means to disperse the crowd
- Similarly, He was always present when Nityananda Prabhu danced, and He regularly appeared at the house of Raghava
- Similarly, Uddharana Datta Thakura and many other personal associates of the Lord sat on the raised platform with Nityananda Prabhu. No one could count them all
- Simply by remembering the names of all these branches and subbranches of the three trunks I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described (Nityananda, Advaita and Gadadhara), one attains freedom from the entanglement of material existence
- Simply by talking of Nityananda Prabhu one awakens his love for Krsna. Thus all his bodily limbs are agitated by ecstasy, and tears flow from his eyes like the waters of the Ganges
- Sitting on a rock under a tree on the bank of the Ganges, Lord Nityananda seemed as effulgent as hundreds of thousands of rising suns
- Sivananda Sena replied, "You crazy woman! Why are you needlessly crying? Let my three sons die for all the inconvenience we have caused Nityananda Prabhu"
- Sri Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu sat side by side, and when prasadam was being distributed They engaged in a type of mock fighting
- Sri Advaita Acarya and Srila Nityananda Prabhu, who are plenary parts of the Lord, are His principal associates. With these two the Lord performs His pastimes in various ways
- Sri Advaita Acarya sent four persons - Nityananda Gosani, Jagadananda Pandita, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda Datta - to accompany the Lord. After pacifying His mother, Sacimata, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu submitted prayers to her lotus feet
- Sri Baladeva appeared as Sri Nityananda Prabhu during the advent of Lord Caitanya, and the great Lord Nityananda Prabhu exhibited His causeless mercy by delivering a pair of extremely fallen souls, namely Jagai and Madhai
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu introduced Sanatana Gosvami to these and other selected devotees: Advaita Acarya, Nityananda Prabhu, Srivasa Thakura, Vakresvara Pandita, Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta, Raghava Pandita, Damodara Pandita, Paramananda Puri
- Sri Madhava Ghosa was a principal performer of kirtana. While he sang, Nityananda Prabhu danced
- Sri Madhavendra Puri had many renowned disciples, such as Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu and Isvara Puri. Isvara Puri happened to be the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sri Nityananda Gosani is directly Haladhara (Lord Balarama), and Advaita Acarya is the Personality of Godhead Himself
- Sri Nityananda Prabhu continued, "Here is a simple brahmana named Krsnadasa. Please accept him and take him with You. That is My request"
- Sri Nityananda Prabhu is by nature very much inspired in rendering transcendental loving service to Lord Krsna. Now, being ordered by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He distributed this loving service anywhere and everywhere
- Sri Nityananda Prabhu is the topmost branch of the indestructible tree of eternal love of Godhead, Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu. I offer my respectful obeisances to all the subbranches of that topmost branch
- Sri Nityananda Raya, Jagadananda, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda all became ecstatic in their happiness, and dancing along the way, they went to meet the Lord
- Sri Svarupa Damodara was very dear to Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, and he was the life and soul of all the devotees, headed by Srivasa Thakura
- Sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda sri-advaita gadadhara srivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrnda means Krsna complete. Just like when we speak of a king, "king'' does not mean king is alone
- Srila Gadadhara dasa was always fully absorbed in ecstasy as a gopi. In his house Lord Nityananda enacted the drama Dana-keli
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung, nitai pada-kamala, koti-candra susitala, ye chayaya jagat judaya. He describes the shade of the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda as being so nice and cooling
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu continued, "If You invite at least one hundred sannyasis to Your home and feed them sumptuously, Your offense will be nullified"
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu was born in the village of Ekacakra, in the district of Birbhum, as the son of Padmavati and Hadai Pandita
- Srila Nityananda Rama is the plenary manifestation of the Lord, and I have been initiated by Him. I therefore offer my respectful obeisances unto His lotus feet
- Sundarananda was an ocean of love of Godhead and the chief associate of Sri Nityananda Prabhu. In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika he is stated to have been Sudama in krsna-lila
- Sundarananda was Sudama, one of the twelve cowherd boys who came down with Balarama when He descended as Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- Sundarananda, another branch of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, was Lord Nityananda's most intimate servant. Lord Nityananda Prabhu perceived the life of Vrajabhumi in his company
- Suryadasa Sarakhela and his younger brother Krsnadasa Sarakhela both possessed firm faith in Nityananda Prabhu. They were a reservoir of love of Godhead
- That incarnation is yellowish in hue and is always associated with His plenary expansions (such as Sri Nityananda Prabhu) and personal expansions (such as Gadadhara), as well as His devotees and associates (such as Svarupa Damodara)
- That Lord Visnu is but a part of a part of a plenary portion of Lord Nityananda, who is the source of all incarnations
- That night Lord Nityananda appeared to me in a dream because of my good quality in chastising my brother
- That person of whom Lord Ananta is a kala, or part of a plenary part, is Lord Nityananda Prabhu. Who, therefore, can know the pastimes of Lord Nityananda?
- That Sankarsana, who is transcendental pure goodness, is a partial expansion of Nityananda Balarama
- That very second I started for Vrndavana, and by His mercy I reached there in great happiness
- The bodily hues of the devotees of Lord Nityananda, why green? But, it can be done, there is no harm
- The Caitanya-bhagavata states that Paramesvara dasa, known sometimes as Paramesvari dasa, was the life and soul of Sri Nityananda Prabhu. The body of Paramesvara dasa was the place of Lord Nityananda's pastimes
- The dust and shade of the lotus feet of the Vaisnavas have been granted to this fallen soul by the mercy of Lord Nityananda
- The Eleventh Chapter describes the branch called Sri Nityananda Prabhu. The Twelfth Chapter describes the branch called Sri Advaita Prabhu
- The Fifth Chapter describes the truth of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, who is none other than Balarama, the son of Rohini
- The first sporting took place between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, who threw water upon each other. Advaita Acarya was defeated, and He later began to rebuke Nityananda Prabhu, calling Him ill names
- The five singers who responded to the singing of Srivasa Thakura were Gangadasa, Haridasa, Sriman, Subhananda and Sri Rama Pandita. Sri Nityananda Prabhu was appointed as a dancer
- The Lord called him, but Raghunatha dasa did not go near the Lord. Then the Lord forcibly caught him and placed His lotus feet upon Raghunatha dasa's head
- The ocean of Lord Nityananda's glories is infinite and unfathomable. Only by His mercy can I touch even a drop of it
- The pastime of the breaking of the staff is very deep. Only one whose devotion is fixed upon the lotus feet of the two Lords can understand it
- The Saksi-gopala temple is situated between the Khurda Road railway station and the Jagannatha Puri station. The Deity is not presently situated in Kataka, but when Nityananda Prabhu traveled there, the Deity was present
- The servant informed Lord Nityananda, "My dear Sir, Ramacandra Khan has sent me to accommodate You in some common man's house"
- The sixteenth dear servant of Nityananda Prabhu was Dhananjaya Pandita. He was very much renounced and always merged in love of Krsna
- The thirteenth important devotee of Sri Nityananda Prabhu was Pandita Purandara, who moved in the ocean of love of Godhead just like the Mandara Hill
- The thirty-first devotee of Lord Nityananda Prabhu was Paramananda Gupta, who was greatly devoted to Lord Krsna and highly advanced in spiritual consciousness. Formerly Nityananda Prabhu also resided at his house for some time
- The thirty-sixth devotee of Lord Nityananda was Hoda Krsnadasa, whose life and soul was Nityananda Prabhu. He was always dedicated to the lotus feet of Nityananda, and he knew no one else but Him
- The twenty-second devotee of Lord Nityananda Prabhu was Kala Krsnadasa, who was the ninth cowherd boy. He was a first-class Vaisnava and did not know anything beyond Nityananda Prabhu
- The twenty-seventh prominent devotee of Nityananda Prabhu was Acarya Vaisnavananda, a great personality in devotional service. He was formerly known as Raghunatha Puri
- The twenty-third and twenty-fourth prominent devotees of Nityananda Prabhu were Sadasiva Kaviraja and his son Purusottama dasa, who was the tenth gopala
- Then Lord Nityananda found a way to end the kirtana. He gradually stopped all the chanters
- Then Lord Nityananda Prabhu called Raghunatha dasa near Him, placed His lotus feet upon Raghunatha dasa's head and began to speak
- Then Nityananda Prabhu smiled and sat down. On His right side He kept four pots of chipped rice that had not been made from boiled paddy
- Then Raghunatha dasa considered something in his mind, and the next day he went to Nityananda Gosani
- There is no need for any other devotional songs or chants for Lord Caitanya's Advent Day; simply chant Hare Krishna, with Kirtana or beads, & sing the prayer "Sri Krishna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, SriVasadi, Gaura Bhaktavrinda"
- There was devotee, Nityananda's contemporary, he used to whip. And his whipping means as soon as he whips, the man becomes a devotee
- There was food remaining in the three other big pots of Lord Nityananda, and a brahmana distributed it to all the devotees, giving a morsel to each
- Therefore who can describe the mercy of the lotus feet of Him (Lord Nityananda) by whom I have attained the shelter of this Lord Govinda?
- Thereupon Lord Nityananda said, "Whatever You order is My duty, regardless of whether it results in happiness or unhappiness"
- These two brothers, I told him, are like one body; They are identical manifestations. If you do not believe in Lord Nityananda, you will fall down
- These two captains, with Their soldiers such as Srivasa Thakura, travel everywhere, chanting the holy name of the Lord
- They (a class of priestly persons) further claimed that the practice and spreading of devotional service belonged only to their particular class, which was known as Nityananda-vamsa
- They (Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu) have appeared just to reclaim the fallen souls of this age. So They are more kind than Krsna. Krsna, He is also very kind. He comes to deliver. But Krsna demands that first of all surrender
- They (pure devotees of God like Narada and Nityananda prabhu) take the matter very seriously as the order comes from the higher authority, from the representative of the Lord, or from the Lord Himself
- They (Sri Nityananda, Sri Gadadhara and Sri Advaita and many devotees like Srivasa) are always engaged in chanting the name of the Lord and are always describing Lord Krsna. Therefore this is the best among all the places in the universe
- They are all mad with that happiness, and they know nothing else
- This (meeting difficulties while engaged in preaching) was exhibited by Lord Nityananda when He delivered the two fallen souls Jagai and Madhai, and similarly Lord Jesus Christ was crucified by the nonbelievers
- This prediction (that later there would be dancing and chanting in every village) of Sri Nityananda Prabhu's is applicable not only in India but also all over the world. That is now happening by His grace
- This same narration was again related by Lord Nityananda to all the devotees, and their transcendental bliss increased as they heard the story again
- Thus I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described the pastimes of Lord Nityananda Prabhu in relation to the celebrated festival of chipped rice and yogurt
- Thus I saw such opulence in Lord Nityananda Svarupa. His wonderful form, qualities and pastimes are all transcendental
- Thus it is not possible for us to imagine the breathing power of Maha-Visnu, who is but a partial manifestation of Lord Nityananda. This the author of the Caitanya-caritamrta explains in the ninth verse
- Thus Nityananda Prabhu delivered the old cloth into the care of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya sent it to the King
- Thus walking and walking, the Lord eventually arrived at the place known as Atharanala. Arriving there, He expressed His external consciousness, speaking to Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- To make Me a madman like Yourself, You have thrown the remnants of Your food at Me. You did not even fear the fact that I am a brahmana
- Whatever You have, though it be a palmful of rice, please eat it and get up. Don't show Your madness and strew the remnants of food here and there
- When Advaita Acarya began to dance, Nityananda Prabhu began dancing behind Him. Haridasa Thakura, being very pleased, also began dancing behind Him
- When Jagai and Madhai offended Lord Nityananda, Lord Nityananda stood tolerantly, and therefore both brothers fell at His lotus feet and repented. Consequently they later became perfect Vaisnavas
- When Jiva Gosvami wanted to go to Mathura from Bengal, he requested permission from Srila Nityananda Prabhu
- When Lord Nityananda Prabhu nearly fainted, all the devotees caught Him and steadied Him. At that time, the priest of Lord Jagannatha brought a garland that had been offered to the Deity and offered it to Nityananda Prabhu
- When Nityananda Prabhu described all the activities of Saksi-gopala, transcendental bliss increased in the minds of all the Vaisnavas
- When Nityananda Prabhu heard this order from the servant of Ramacandra Khan, He became very angry and came out. Laughing very loudly, He spoke as follows
- When Nityananda Prabhu was ordered to go to Bengal to preach, Sri Ramadasa and Gadadhara dasa were ordered to go with Him. Thus they are sometimes counted among the devotees of Lord Caitanya and sometimes among the devotees of Lord Nityananda
- When Nityananda Prabhu went to preach Krsna consciousness to the two roguish brothers Jagai and Madhai, they injured Him and made His head bleed, but He tolerantly delivered the two rogues, who became perfect Vaisnavas. This is the duty of a preacher
- When Nityananda Prabhu, Jagadananda Prabhu, Damodara Prabhu and Mukunda Prabhu met Haridasa Thakura, they all became very pleased
- When Srikanta offered obeisances to the Lord, he was still wearing his shirt and coat. Therefore Govinda told him, "My dear Srikanta, first take off these garments"
- When the Durga-mandapa and courtyard became filled with crowds of men, Ramacandra Khan, who was inside the house, sent his servant to Lord Nityananda
- When the Lord reached Alalanatha, He sent His assistant Krsnadasa ahead to call for Nityananda Prabhu and other personal associates
- Whenever he shouted aloud the name Nityananda, the people around him were filled with great wonder and astonishment
- While the Bhattacarya was thinking in this way at his home, all the devotees of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, headed by Nityananda Prabhu, approached the Simha-dvara (the entrance door of the temple)
- Who in this world but Nityananda could show His mercy to such an abominable person as me?
- With His own hands Lord Nityananda Prabhu distributed to all the devotees whatever flower garlands, sandalwood pulp and betel nuts remained
- With the exception of Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Acarya, Svarupa Damodara, Brahmananda Bharati and Paramananda Puri, everyone was engaged in filling the waterpots and bringing them there
- Within half a mile from this small river (Maudesvara) is the birthplace of Sri Nityananda Prabhu. It appears that there was a big kirtana hall in front of the temple, but later it became dilapidated
- You are just like a thief, for instead of coming near, you stay away at a distant place. Now that I have captured you, I shall punish you
- You may sit down and accept the luncheon with Nityananda Prabhu, and I shall distribute the prasadam to all the Vaisnavas
- You might go to the house of a milkman, for the cowshed is spacious, whereas the space here in the Durga-mandapa is insufficient because You have many followers with You