"mother Yasoda" | "Yasoda Mata" | Yasoda's | Yasoda
- Yaśodā, Yaśodā Mātā - Queen of Gokula
- formerly Dhara
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Yasoda"
The following 110 pages are in this category, out of 110 total.
- A friend tells Mother Yasoda: "How wonderful it is that when the Sankhacuda demon - vast and strong as a great hill - attacked your Cupid-like beautiful son, there was no one present in Vrndavana to help. And yet the demon was killed by your little son"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "The breeze blowing from the south creates a pleasing atmosphere because it is fragrant and very cool"
- After a while, she (Mother Yasoda) became engaged in household affairs. At that time, a servant of Kamsa's known as Trnavarta, as instructed by Kamsa, appeared there in the shape of a whirlwind
- After being received by the cowherd men and boys, the gopis, and King Nanda and Yasoda, Lord Balarama sat down, feeling satisfied, and they all surrounded Him
- After sunrise the gopis came as usual to offer their respects to Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, but when they saw the golden chariot of Uddhava at the door, they began to inquire among themselves: What was that chariot, and to whom did it belong
- After the Putana witch had been killed, some friends of Mother Yasoda inquired from her about the incident. Mother Yasoda at once requested her friends, "Please stop! Please stop! Don't bring up the incident of Putana"
- Another gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, when your son returns home, He decorates Himself with the buds of the kunda flower, and just to enlighten and gladden His friends, He blows His flute"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Dear Queen Yasodadevi, you and Nanda Maharaja have been great friends to us, and when we remember you we are immediately overwhelmed by the thought of your friendly activities"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "The most noble personalities do not discriminate between their own sons and the sons of others, and there cannot be any personalities more noble than Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi)"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "We are so indebted to you that even if we were to return your benediction by giving you the opulence of the King of heaven, it would not be enough to repay you for your friendly behavior"
- Devotee said, "Mother Yasoda became so overjoyed in her affection that immediately from the nipples of her waterpot-like breasts, milk began to flow"
- Devotee said. "Your two eyes appear to be without any movement, and I feel in your breathing a kind of warmth which is bringing your breast milk to the boiling point"
- First Lord Balarama inquired from them (the cowherd men and boys, the gopis, and King Nanda and Yasoda) about their welfare, and then, since they had not seen Him for such a long time, they began to ask Him different questions
- First Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi inquired, "My dear Balarama, are our friends like Vasudeva and others in the family doing well"
- In Candi, in the Markandeya Purana, Eleventh Chapter, Mahamaya says, "During the twenty-eighth yuga in the period of Vaivasvata Manu, I shall take birth as the daughter of Yasoda and be known as Vindhyacala-vasini."
- In ecstasy, Kanani Khutiya, who was dressed as Nanda Maharaja, and Jagannatha Mahiti, who was dressed as mother Yasoda, distributed all the riches they had stocked at home
- In other words, Yasoda was feeling both happiness and doubt, or growing fear
- In that condition she was sometimes going within the house, sometimes coming out of the house. She was constantly looking to see if Govinda was coming back along the road
- In the case of felling the gigantic arjuna trees, the Lord's mission was to deliver the two sons of Kuvera, who were condemned to become trees by the curse of Narada, as well as to play like a crawling child in the yard of Yasoda
- In the vatsalya-rasa, characterized by parental affection, one can become like Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda
- It has been seen that a so-called devotee proclaims himself a follower of Nanda, Yasoda or the gopis, while at the same time his abominable attraction for mundane sex life is visible
- It is stated that when Mother Yasoda saw that the child was moving, ringing the bells on His waist, smiling at her with a pearl between His nostrils and with butter on His hands, she became wonderfully pleased to see her little child in that fashion
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "Please come back and take Your lunch at home. Your father Nandaraja is waiting for You. He has to eat, so You must come back so that he can eat"
- Mother Yasoda and all the gopis, as well as Nanda and the cowherd men, were astonished as to how the cart could have collapsed by itself. All who were assembled for the holy function crowded around and began to suggest how the cart might have collapsed
- Mother Yasoda and Maharaja Nanda are considered to be the supermost of all elderly personalities
- Mother Yasoda continued, "I become distressed just by remembering this incident. The Putana witch came to devour my son, & she deceived me into letting her take the child on her lap. After that, she died & made a tumultuous sound with her gigantic body"
- Mother Yasoda is praised for her unique position of love, for she could control even the all-powerful Lord as her beloved child
- Mother Yasoda is the Queen of Vrajabhumi, and in the pastimes of Lord Caitanya she is Sacimata
- Mother Yasoda said, "This child is too restless and cannot be controlled! He is incessantly going about the neighborhood of Gokula (Vrndavana), and then He is coming back inside the house"
- Mother Yasoda sometimes enjoyed transcendental ecstasy in happiness when her child was saved from a dangerous situation, such as being attacked by Putana or some other demon
- Mother Yasoda understood that a child had been born to her, but because she was very tired from the labor of childbirth, she fell fast asleep. When she awoke, she could not remember whether she had given birth to a male or a female child
- Mother Yasoda, by the grace of the Lord, could understand the real truth. But then again, the supreme master, by the influence of the internal potency, yogamaya, inspired her to become absorbed in intense maternal affection for her son
- Nanda Maharaj would point out the peacock feather on his child's head and would inform his beloved wife how the child was pleasing his eyes
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda in Vrndavana appeared like ordinary persons of this material world, but they never felt the tribulations of this world, although they sometimes met many dangerous situations created by the demons
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi said, "It is very good news that the most sinful King Kamsa has been killed by You (Balarama) and that our friends like Vasudeva and the others who had been harassed have now been relieved"
- Nanda said, "My dear Yasoda, please don't be worried. Please dry your beautiful lotus-like face. There is no need for you to breathe so hotly. I will go immediately with Akrura to the palace of Kamsa and get your son back for you"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, your son is very expert among the cowherd boys. He knows all the different arts of how to tend the cows & how to play the flute. He composes His own songs, & to play them He puts His flute to His mouth"
- One of the friends of Mother Yasoda continues, "But still, just see how wonderful it is that this great Govardhan Hill is resting on the finger of your child's left hand, just as though it were a toy. Is this not very mysterious?"
- One of the friends of Mother Yasoda continues, "On the one hand, there is your child who is always captivated by sucking the milk from your breast, and on the other hand there is the great Govardhan Hill which can obstruct the passing of the clouds"
- Seeing the rope in the hands of mother Yasoda, the Lord bowed down His head and began to weep just like a child, and tears rolled down His cheeks, washing off the black ointment smeared about His beautiful eyes
- She (Mother Yasoda) concluded that she was either dreaming or seeing the play of the illusory energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. She thought that she had become mad, mentally deranged, to see all those wonderful things
- She (mother Yasoda) smiled as she thought, "The child is very clever. After breaking the pot He has left this place, fearing punishment." After she sought all over, she found her son sitting on a big wooden grinding mortar, which was kept upside down
- She (Yasoda) gathered more ropes from the house and added to it, but still she found the same shortage. In this way, she connected all the ropes available at home, but when the final knot was added, she saw that the rope was still two inches too short
- She (Yasoda) thus began to think of the S. P. of Godhead, who is understood through the processes of cultivating knowledge derived from the Upanisads and the Vedanta-sutra, practicing mystic yoga & studying Sankhya philosophy, as her own begotten child
- She (Yasoda) was made to forget this situation because the Lord wanted to make a complete gesture of childishness before the affectionate Yasoda
- Sometimes Yasoda was raising her arms like the waves of the ocean & because of her intense feelings of separation, she was rolling on the ground and creating a tumultuous roaring sound. And sometimes she was remaining completely silent, like a calm sea
- Such mixed transcendental flavors are manifested by such devotees as Uddhava, Bhima and Mukhara, the personal attendant of Mother Yasoda
- Sukadeva Gosvami gives Maharaj Pariksit a description of the form and beauty of Mother Yasoda, "My dear King, the wide hips of Mother Yasoda were surrounded by silk and linen clothes, and her breasts were flowing with milk because of her affection"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "Due to her (Yasoda) excessive labor, there were drops of perspiration on her face"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "When she was churning butter and tightly holding the rope, the bangles on her hands and the earrings on her ears were moving, and from the nice decoration in her hair the flowers were slackening and falling down"
- The bangles and bracelets on her (mother Yasoda's) hands tinkled as they touched each other, and her earrings and breasts shook. There were drops of perspiration on her face, and the flower garland which was on her head scattered here and there
- The calves, being disturbed, would immediately begin running here and there, and the children would be dragged over clay and cow dung. To see this fun, Yasoda and Rohini would call all their neighborhood friends, the gopis
- The devotee prayed, "Whose (Yasoda) hair is very brightly beautified by the vermilion placed in the part, and whose bodily frame derides all her ornaments"
- The devotee said, "Let her (Yasoda) merciful glance fall on all of us so that we may be protected from the clutches of maya and smoothly progress in our devotional service"
- The devotee said, "She (Yasoda) has a complexion like the bluish lotus flower, which is enhanced in beauty by her dressing herself with many colorful garments"
- The end of her (mother Yasoda's) sari was tightly wrapped while she churned, and on account of her intense love for her son, milk automatically dripped from her breasts, which moved as she labored very hard, churning with two hands
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana - the gopis, mother Yasoda, Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd boys, the cows and everyone else - are actually on the raga-marga or bhagavata-marga platform
- The kaumara age is just suitable for reciprocating the love of a child with Mother Yasoda
- The Mayavadis think that they have themselves become Krishna. Similarly, if we think that we are Mother Yasoda, that will be the same philosophy. You should aspire to follow the footsteps of Mother Yasoda and Love Krishna in maternal affection
- The picture of Vasudeva exchanging the babies is not correct because Nanda Maharaja should not be in this scene. Vasudeva silently exchanged babies with the sleeping Yasoda, and neither Yasoda nor Nanda Maharaja knew about this till long after
- The same friend of Mother Yasoda addressed Krsna as follows: "My dear Mukunda, if Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Gokula, is forced to stand on fire, but is allowed to see Your lotus face, then this fire will appear to her as the Himalayan Mountains
- The two mothers Rohini and Yasoda were not maya-mohita, deluded by the external energy, but to develop the pastimes of the Lord, they were captivated by yogamaya. Such maya-moha is the action of yogamaya
- The whole neighborhood proceeded immediately towards the place where the accident took place, and Rohinidevi took the opportunity to rebuke Mother Yasoda as follows
- The wide hips of mother Yasoda were surrounded by silk and linen clothes, and her breasts were flowing with milk because of her affection
- Then she (Yasoda) would decorate His forehead very nicely and bind His arms with protective talismans
- There is another description of Mother Yasoda in a devotee's prayer, "Let me be given protection by Mother Yasoda, whose curly hairs are bound with thread"
- There is the following example of a mixture of parental love and laughter. A friend of Mother Yasoda told her, "My dear Yasoda, your son has very cunningly stolen a lump of butter from my home"
- They (Gopis) approached Mother Yasoda, stating that they could not find the son of Nanda. He had been taken away by a whirlwind. This is an instance of lamentation in ecstatic love
- They (Nanda and Yasoda) embraced Balarama and, seating Him on their laps, began their perpetual crying, wetting Balarama with their tears
- This activity of Mother Yasoda is explained by expert devotees as ecstatic love in separation
- This again is an instance of the conjunction of two opposing elements: the child was very fearless, but at the same time Yasoda was becoming fearful of some danger. Here danger is the cause, & Yasoda's feelings are in conjunction of two opposing symptoms
- This is one of the examples of astonishment in devotional service by direct perception. One of the friends of Mother Yasoda says, "Yasoda, just see the fun"
- This list is in order of superior importance, and thus we can see that Mother Yasoda and Maharaj Nanda are considered to be the supermost of all elderly personalities
- When He was talking, it was so nice and sweet to hear. When Mother Yasoda looked at His little ears and saw Him naked, trying to run very quickly with His little legs, she was merged into the ocean of nectar
- When it was learned that the demon was entering Gokula in an angry mood, Mother Yasoda became so anxious to protect her child that her face dried up and there were tears in her eyes
- When mother Yasoda & Rohini were unable to protect the babies from calamities threatened by horned cows, by fire, by animals with claws & teeth such as monkeys, dogs & cats & by thorns, swords & other weapons on the ground, they were always in anxiety
- When Mother Yasoda arrived, she wanted to enter the river Yamuna, and being checked, she fainted. Her friends, who were equally aggrieved, were shedding tears like torrents of rain or waves of the river
- When mother Yasoda was trying to bind the offending child, she saw that the binding rope was short by a distance the width of two fingers. Thus she brought another rope to join to it
- When she (Yasoda) was rolling over on the ground, there were many scratches on her body, and in that piteous condition she began to cry
- When Uddhava was about to leave, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, headed by Maharaja Nanda and Yasoda, came to bid him good-bye and presented him with various kinds of valuable goods secured in Vrndavana
- While she was thus embracing her son repeatedly, torrents of tears fell from her eyes, and she was unable to express her transcendental joy
- Yasoda began to think, "How can I protect these poor boys from the invasion of Kamsa's servants?" This is an instance of a superior attitude in a devotee
- Yasoda cried, "O my dear son! My dear son!" And she slapped her breasts with her two hands
- Yasoda said, "All this misconception is due to the illusory energy of the Supreme Lord. So let me pray to Him that He may protect me always"
- Yasoda said, "It appears that He is coming just to steal the butter. Don't expose yourself or He may understand that we are looking towards Him"
- Yasoda said, "Oh, see how the earth appears to be trembling! There appears to be an earth tremor, and in the sky tears are flying here and there! My dear son has entered into the poisonous water of the Yamuna. What shall I do now"
- Yasoda thought, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the S. P. of Godhead, who is beyond the expression of consciousness, mind, work and philosophical speculation, and whose different energies produce everything manifested and unmanifested"
- Yasoda thought, "Therefore let a curse be on this milk! And I also am condemned because although I am so opulent in material prosperity"
- Yasoda was caught between auspiciousness and inauspiciousness
- Yasoda's friend said, "As you are standing just between the two rivers, I think there is no need for your anxiety to see your son's face. Your parental affection has already been exhibited to Him by these two rivers"
- Yasoda's friend said, "In the same way, if she is allowed to stay in the ocean of nectar, but is not allowed to see the lotus face of Your Grace, then even this ocean of nectar will appear to her as an ocean of arsenic poison"
- Yasoda's friend said, "My dear Queen, the milk flowing out of your breast-mountain has already whitened the River Ganges, and the tears from your eyes, mixed with black mascara, have already blackened the color of the Yamuna"