- Sītā Ṭhākurāṇī
Pages in category "Sita Thakurani"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- All the eatables were first cooked by the wife of Advaita Acarya. Then Srila Advaita Acarya personally offered everything to Lord Visnu
- Amongst the various vegetables (cooked by Advaita Acarya's wife, Sita) were newly grown leaves of nimba trees fried with eggplant. The fruit known as patola was fried with phulabadi, a kind of dhal preparation first mashed and then dried in the sun
- Seeing the transcendental bodily effulgence of the child, each of His nicely constructed limbs full of auspicious signs & resembling a form of gold, Sita Thakurani was very pleased & because of her maternal affection she felt as if her heart were melting
- She blessed the newborn child by placing fresh grass and paddy on His head and saying, "May You be blessed with a long duration of life." But being afraid of ghosts and witches, she gave the child the name Nimai
- Sita Thakurani was astonished to see the newborn child, for she appreciated that except for a difference in color, the child was directly Krsna of Gokula Himself
- That year all the devotees' wives (thakuranis) also went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Sitadevi, the mother of Acyutananda, went with Advaita Acarya
- Then Sita Thakurani, being honored by mother Sacidevi and Jagannatha Misra, was greatly happy within her mind, and thus she returned home
- There (among the preparations cooked by Advaita Acarya's wife, Sita) was also a preparation known as kusmanda-manacaki