Questions On... Reward, Punishment, Suffering
Pages in category "Questions On... Reward, Punishment, Suffering"
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total.
- A thief commits theft repeatedly and is imprisoned repeatedly, and he has full knowledge of it - then what is the cause of his putting himself into miserable condition of prison life?
- Almost everyone, except me perhaps, is concerned about death. But how about the smaller obstacles which nevertheless can make people very depressed, neurotic? How do you recognize and live with them or eliminate them?
- Are these bad conditions or ailments not part and parcel of God?
- But isn't it by force anyway (Krsna does not want to become a lover like that, on the point of revolver, "You love me, otherwise I shall kill you.")? If we don't love Krsna, we suffer
- But one must come to that point of being serious to recognize the problems of life? Before one can understand your books, the karmi must become serious to understand that he is in misery and that he must get out?
- But Srila Prabhupada, the living entities, the jivatma within the..., and the Paramatma within, why the living entities suffering even the Paramatma is directing the living entity within?
- But these religions are just material. These Hindu, Christian, Muslim, they're following these things because that is simply their destiny? They don't know how to please God, so that's simply part of their happiness and distress?
- But what if you are reincarnated into other planets? Is it less painful, or is it the same procedure?
- But why are we in the prison house?
- But why should we be callous to the sufferings of others?
- But without pain how can you experience pleasure?
- Do you attribute accidents and disease to a desire for self-destruction?
- Do you think that the, the poor Indians who are suffering because of this terrible drought in India... is their relief never going to be in this world? Is it only going to be when they die?
- Does a person have to experience enough frustration to give up this process of...(chewing the chewed)?
- Does Krsna punish people who do not serve Him purely? Or do the people punish themselves when they do not serve Him purely?
- Does one experience the miseries of the gross body when one's in sattva-guna, in the mode of goodness? Does one experience hunger and thirst, those things like that?
- Does someone who has been in prison and then he becomes free, does he appreciate his freedom more than someone who has always been free?
- Does the soul suffer with the mind, or he's always enjoying?
- Does the soul which passes from body to body, does it or he experience the pains and pleasures of my body?
- Has God put the suffering here for us to experience so that we will want to give up material lives and get closer to Him? Is it punishment?
- How can one be better equipped to tolerate these despairs and miseries of our human existence?
- How can we make them understand they're being punished?
- How can we say that to give people..., that the only real problem is to give knowledge. There are people who are starving; there are people who are sick; there are people who are in so much distress?
- How can we surpass the misery?
- How can you be sure you're free from all anxiety if you're incapable of perceiving happiness?
- How do we take the meaning of earthquakes and natural disasters which could destroy the lives of pure people as well as impure people?
- How do you convince a person that they are suffering, when they're saying they are happy and not afraid to die?
- How far is samskara powerful like...?
- How seriously should they (the criminals) be punished?
- I am a part and parcel of the almighty God. So when animals are butchered, why the butcher does not get pain?
- I asked him the purpose of God of creating men, and if He is all love, He is all, nothing happens without His will, what is His purpose in creating men, and then these men, which he created, and claimed to be beloved by Him, suffers?
- I have seen in other mathas, that present before God, it is the proper way to redress our sins. Is this correct? If not, will we not suffer for our sins committed here on earth, or after...?
- I wanted to say this, Swamiji, that hell also is situated in this world itself, because where do you think that we can pay our debt?... The sin, the debt of our sin. Where do you think that we pay it? In the hell, which is not...
- I'm not sure that I understand you. You mean that suicide is putting an end to suffering?
- If he gave us the material world to enjoy, then why do we have to suffer here?
- If Krsna is all-good, why does He send us to this world full of miseries?
- If Krsna knows that we will suffer here in this material world if we come here, why does He let us go?
- If one has difficulty becoming Krsna consciousness, is that suffering?
- If somebody no longer identifies with the body, what is his perception of a painful condition?
- If the laws of nature are the laws of God, then how is it that sometimes they're even crueler than the actions..., they are more violent than the actions which ordinary men do, than that of a tyrant or a murderer?
- If there is God, how can there be suffering and disease
- If we be the parcels of God, then what about prarabdha? We are suffering from pain and pleasure...
- If when one comes to spiritual life, is he coming because of material exhaustion, so much pain in the material world, so therefore he's searching?
- If you have a child, and he murders someone, isn't he supposed to be punished? So if someone goes against the Supreme Personality of Godhead, even if you are a devotee, shouldn't Siva concur?
- In New Zealand we have a situation where the main industry is killing animals... Why is there such a nice atmosphere, nice rain?... Is that that they are innocent and they do not know and so Krsna is not punishing them so much?
- In our literature we find Krsna has some transcendental pastimes of anger, but that He does not, it is man's own reaction activities, that bring upon destruction. How are these two...?
- In punishing the intelligence of man, does he know the right from the wrong according to the karma? Does man have to pay one way to others in different forms of life?
- Is it right to tell the suffering that "I am busy, at work for my salvation"?
- Is it true, Srila Prabhupada, that sometimes the spiritual master has to suffer if his disciples act in sinful ways?
- Is that (this civilization means they are creating only dogs and cats) because they don't acknowledge that they're suffering?
- Is that benefit coming in all suffering or only when it is given by Krsna (surgical operation is there, the knife is being used on the body, that means he is getting relief. It is not punishment)?
- Is the God of love, does He punish man?
- Is there a relationship, he's asking, between these disturbances and this age (if you actually want freedom from material disturbances, you have to come to the spiritual platform and cultivate spiritual knowledge and be fixed up)?
- It is just like the concept that if God is all-merciful, why He is so impartial, somebody making happy, somebody making suffering?
- So Christ's suffering was of that nature?
- So eventually destruction can come to this earth?
- So if somebody no longer identifies with the body, what is his perception of a painful condition?
- So penance and austerity, that it is not really suffering? What does suffering involve?
- So simply suffering is not a qualification for becoming God conscious then?
- So the pain is experienced by the consciousness that is spread all over the body?
- So then the problems of life are more than simply those which we perceive (meditating means this subject matter: that I don't want death, why death is forced upon me? That is real meditation)?
- So there is no benefit to suffering unless it is connected with Krsna?
- Sometimes we tell them that this life is only full of miseries, and they say, "What do you mean?"
- Srila Prabhupada, that if God is, if He is actually wanting us to go back, then why is He causing suffering?
- Srila Prabhupada, they mightn't excuse him, but they mightn't treat him as harshly as they would treat somebody in knowledge. Is this the same with the activities that these people perform?
- Suffering and pain leads people to God, doesn't it?
- Suffering for whom (to remain ten months within the packed-up abdomen of the mother)?
- Suffering sharpens the intelligence?
- Swamiji, is there any hell, or rather this is hell...?
- That (frustration) goes on perpetually until they receive the mercy of a pure devotee?
- That is also the demigods (when there is some natural calamity)?
- That these are the basic problems of most men?... Death, fears of death and disease... You too?
- The atheistic people sometimes argue, "What does your Krsna do for the suffering people?"
- The communists asked to us what we do for the starving people?
- The different varieties of suffering within the animal species are due to the different varieties of sinful activities in the human life?
- The example that if God is supplying, then why doesn't He supply the underprivileged countries? Just like in some places like India people are starving. So why doesn't He supply places like that?
- The pain is experienced by the consciousness that is spread all over the body?
- Then (if he is actually repentant) he is not punished?
- Then what to do (if one accepts that there is no happiness at all to be found in this world)?
- Then what was the necessity for the Pandavas to suffer when they had themselves surrendered to the Lord Krsna, and they have suffered?
- There's a tendency for someone who hears this verse to think that one should become callous to the sufferings of others
- This gentleman who was asking you about people who are constantly being tested by all kinds of miserable circumstances. She asks: Is it not a sign of a soul that God has chosen to favor that he sends them such miserable conditions of material life?
- This suffering comes from our sinful activities?
- This suffering is all due to the desire of the individual souls?
- We can't predict that the process of punishment will have permanent effect, can we? Can we predict that? Many prisoners leave the prison, but some come back
- Well, if God is the creator of everything and is so dear to everyone, why then has He caused so much suffering?
- Well, then they'll say, "Well, if you see somebody suffering, then why do anything about it, if it just what they..." They will say, "Why? If that's what they deserve, why try to stop it?"
- Well, we can admit that we're not happy all the time, but what is the meaning of happiness without distress? If there's no distress, how can I be happy?
- What about adultery, Prabhupada? She wants to know what the Vedas say should be the... What is the reaction for adultery? How does one deal with an adulterer? If someone is an adulterer and he's caught, what should be the...
- What about all the sufferings of the body? Let's say one has a toothache or something like that
- What about hell? How does the jīva soul go to hell?
- What about on the hellish planets? Do they know they're suffering there?
- What about the poor, hungry, and the suffering bodies?
- What about these men who perform great austerities, lash their bodies, starve, and...?
- What about when someone goes to the hellish regions though? He actually suffers there?
- What do you think is the solution of these difficulties (physical life has become so difficult... the population has increased so much)?
- What is the punishment if one doesn't fast (if a sannyasi is not offered respect, the punishment is that he should fast one day. That is sastric injunction)?
- What was the Vedic punishment if somebody broke these moral principles?
- When there's difficulty for devotee, how is he to understand that?
- When we feel pain or discomfort, that is covering also?
- Why did He (Krsna) create suffering when He could have created a permanent paradise on earth?
- Why does Krsna allow us to commit mistakes and later punishes us?
- Why does the demoniac mentality, that they feel happy if they see someone else in distress?
- Why is this human life in such a diseased condition with war, pestilence, and famine?
- Why is work in the world necessarily suffering? It is, it has, a mixture of pain and joy but it's negative to look on it as useless work. Huh?
- Why Krsna created this material energy which is so miserable condition?
- Why should He (Krsna) require us to go through austerities like...?
- Why should we think that birth and death is so painful, Srila Prabhupada, because wherever we are, we can think about Krsna...?
- Why there is so much human suffering?
- Would even accidents between two automobiles, that would not really be an accident?
- Yesterday you said that the spiritual master may have to suffer due to the sinful activities of his disciple. What do you mean by sinful activities?
- You are saying at the present moment we are all suffering?
- You explained that we have three kinds of miseries: adhyatmika, adhibhautika and adhidaivika. So adhyatmika is the misery also of the mind. How can I understand?
- You say that Krsna consciousness will solve all problems. But factually, there are so many problems in the world that aren't being solved. So what is the proof?
- You should be violent (in order to punish a thief)?
- You would punish yourself? What would you do? Would you start attacking him (the thief)?
- Your knee is hurt. Is that enjoying?
- Your question is whether miseries are eternal or not